New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

He nods, offering his gauntlet. "I am Slathissin. We met previously." he replies through his vox grille.

2. - Top - End - #332

"Are you sure? I'm usually good about recognizing people's faces." Zasz accepted the gauntlet in the hand that didn't have the chainfist installed on it, exerting a fair amount of force on Slathissin's hand.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Before Night Lord gets there:

"She does seem like the wild type, yes. I wonder what kind of chaos she would cause on this vessel if she did not have you to watch over her." He really did wonder what chaos she would cause. Had Zasz lost his previous duel she would most likely had first gone after the sorcerer who killed Zasz, and then very likely the rest of his warband.

"Now Zasz, I did not take you for the philosophical type." His ramblings was obviously of one not inducted into the studies of arcane learning or a holder of psychic power. He had also failed to grasp that Setesh was explaining how knowledge was power. Of course power was power. Setesh chuckled. He did not bother correcting him. "If a name can grant you sway over someone or their actions, is it not power then? Words, not only names, hold power. You should know that first hand since that sorcerer just now."

After Night Lord gets there:

Setesh recognized the Astartes as the Night Lord he had met after the first speech on the day he got there, his wings protruding from under the cloak unmistakable, even with a helmet on this time around. He was surprised Zasz did not, however. He did not care, either way.

Setesh did not bother to answer, for now staying quiet and instead listened in for more chatter on his Comm Leach.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 04:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

The low voice continues to vox everything about Zasz to someone, including the arrival of the Night Lord.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    "Now Zasz, I did not take you for the philosophical type. If a name can grant you sway over someone or their actions, is it not power then? Words, not only names, hold power. You should know that first hand since that sorcerer just before."
    "A name cannot grant that. There!" He pointed to a random Astartes in the distance. "His name is Yobeth. Where is your power now? You know his name. Control him. Exert your sway over him. And the sorcerer died without knowing my name. Unless you mean the second sorcerer? His power also did not come from knowing my name, but instead through brute force. His knowledge was not the foundation for his potency. But do you grant that there are different sorts of power? Different fields?"
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-28 at 04:04 PM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz looks around the room discretely, but see no one that he does not already know about attempting to sneak around.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

"You misunderstand, dear Zasz. Not any name, no. But there are names which does." Setesh looks over to the individual Zasz was refering to. "I do not need his name to control him, just like that sorcerer did not need yours to control you." He paused for a moment. "But imagine if he did." Setesh chuckled a little. He doubted Zasz would think anything of it, but it would be entertaining if he could manage to plant a seed of superstition in him. "Your autocannon and my sword are different types of power, so yes, I would."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 04:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    "You misunderstand, dear Zasz. Not any name, no. But there are names which does. I do not need his name to control him, just like that sorcerer did not need yours to control you. But imagine if he did. Your autocannon and my sword are different types of power, so yes, I would."
    "Ah, but you've said that a small amount of power is power still. My contention is that you are wrong on a meaningful level: only an appreciable amount of power is worthwhile, and small amounts of power will not add up to large amounts. No matter how many names you know, you will not be able to obliterate someone. No matter how many shells I fire, I cannot control someone. Not in the truest sense. The point, brother, is that I shall continue to annihilate artifacts when I desire, for their power cannot extend to me, and as such, I should have no respect for them."

9. - Top - End - #339

"Right now I wear my helmet. Such things make knowing my face difficult." he says in good humour. "I look forward to directing my energies towards their intended use."

10. - Top - End - #340

Turning his attention from the discussion with Setesh, still keeping the Marine's hand firmly in his grip, Zasz raised an eyebrow beneath his helmet. "It's an unusual feeling, being recognized. I'm used to old compatriots or my granddaughter being familiar with me, but you are an interesting quantity. Setesh, are you sure we've met this fellow?"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

If Setesh would answer Zasz that they did in fact not know him, the Night Lord would probably die. The prospect tickled him a little. But that would cause issue for himself, as he was right there too. "Yes, you met him before your surgery." It would not be worth it to sow chaos at this point, and the Night Lord had not given Setesh much reason for hostility so far, the Legion's reputation aside.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 04:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

He nods at Setesh's input. "Ah yes, the one I could not pin down the look of. Perhaps we should exchange comm frequencies if we are to be operating on the ground together?"

13. - Top - End - #343

Zasz let go of the Night Lord's hand and continued to obtain food before finding something sturdy for him to sit on. "I was under the impression they were going to partition us further," the old Death Guard said, undoing his helmet and beginning to eat. This would afford Setesh a moment to see the true face of Zasz -- grey skin tinged with green, a great ragged wound across his bald scalp where the skullplate had been inserted, a glorious beard that was tucked in through the gorget and, presumably, into the chest piece. The traditional wounds and scabs of the Death Guard didn't adorn his face, but the deathly pallor hinted at a great unhealth. The mustache was braided, extending as two great floppy tusks from beneath the nose of Mortarion. A number of aged scars, raised and lighter than the hideous color of his skin, crisscrossed his forehead. The teeth of his perpetually smiling visage were yellowed and decayed.

Zasz ate swiftly, spending no time more than necessary to consume his meal, and then returned his helmet to its rightful place.

14. - Top - End - #344

Slathissin disengaged his own helmet, so he can join them in eating. "We shall see. Nonetheless, I thought it best to encourage communication. Otherwise we are little more than a mob, or hoard."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Zasz's face did not faze Setesh. He was actually underwhelmed. He had seen the faces of Death Guard Astartes before, and they were almost always disease-ridden with horrible scars and littered with small or larger open wounds, flesh more or less spilling out. Looking at the visage of Zasz it was obvious he had not been granted many favours of the Plague Lord yet, apart from the Gift of Unremarkability.

Setesh did not join them for consumtion of food stuffs. He had had some nutrients earlier, and had no desire to be seen without a helmet in such a crowd. He did, however, join them as to not stand out too much.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 07:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

The Night Lord leans in close to whisper to them. "Have any of you encountered any...subversive agents aboard this ship?" he asked conspiratorially. "I have reason to believe there are agents working to contrary goals are operating aboard the ship."
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-09-28 at 06:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

"There always are." Setesh said without lowering his voice, as the Night Lord had. He sounded unconcerned, like it was as natural during these missions as death was onboard a vessel such as this.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 06:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348

"Mayhap they are something to do with this splinter cult that is the object of our patrons wrath?" he wonders aloud, chewing another piece of the tech-adept's brain, as if trying to glean whether or not his suspicions were true.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-09-28 at 06:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin gets an image of a green hydra.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps." The Word Bearers had not given any specifics about these heretics who had splintered, or even why they had in the first place. And there seemed to be enough of them as to be more than a minor schism in the Legion, if true. If the one who was spying on Zasz was an operative of that splintered group, Setesh had not been able to identify any signs of that from the vox transmission, or why he was being spied upon for that matter.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-28 at 09:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351

The Death Guard finished his meal and put his helmet back on. "I wonder where my granddaughter has ended up..." he mused quietly to himself, glancing around the cafeteria.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm, yes. I thought she was going to eat as well." Setesh stood up and looked around. He used this opportunity of seemingly looking around for Katria as an excuse to try to notice whoever it was who was following Zasz's every move, and whom Setesh had been listening in on, trying to match the behaviour he could hear with someone suspicious he could see.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness test: (1d100)[6] vs 55

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz and Setesh spot a small man in Word Bearer-colored military fatigues occasionally whispering in his microbead on the opposite side of the room.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #354

He nods as he chews thoughtfully on his piece of brain, saving the last for any cases of technical know-how he may need it for. "The Alpha Legion. They always did have a habit of getting into places they did not belong in."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria continues her silent vigil, the time taken not dulling her senses or attention span.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

The man does not act any differently than he has been.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #357

Zasz surreptitiously switched off his external vox. Micro-bead: "Little one, do you believe you could knock our little friend out? With the eve of battle slowly fading into the day of the battle itself, any last minute information may be worthwhile to obtain. And you must show Setesh the smaller item you got from the rude man, before he tried to bribe you. I think he may have a better chance of knowing what it is, or why they wish to get it back."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria nodded, though she was still shrouded from view. "If you leave, he'll follow you. Then I'll hit him a few times."

29. - Top - End - #359

Zasz stood up. "Brothers, I will see you before the combat begins. I believe collecting ammunition is the final step to my coordination, and then a devotion to Papa Nurgle. If either of you would care to join me? Unless you'd care for more of this delicious fare!" He gave a great laugh before beginning to trundle out towards one of the many sub-markets, slow enough that anyone who wished to join him could.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

The man, as expected, gets up and follows Zasz at a distance.
    -Me