New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

"Yes, why not. It was a long time since we last fought together, was it not." Setesh would rather do battle with an old acquaintance in terminator armour, than alone surrounded by unknowns. At least he had inkling about how Zasz fought.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-01 at 11:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

furious Re: Black Crusade IC

The shuttle shakes and rattles as it descends through the upper atmosphere. It's a looted Imperial Guard craft, and it has clearly been worn out over the years. The Astartes recognize instinctively that a few good shots would be all it would take to bring down this flying hunk of scrap. Thankfully, those few shots never come.

As you descend, you get a chance to glimpse at a few grainy images provided by the shuttle's old exterior cams. It seems the the others have already gotten there before you.

The World Eaters, true to form, seem to have gotten there first and have cheerfully hurled themselves into the fray. While they were clearly using ranged weapons at some point, they and their Brass Scorpion seem to have abandoned them now that they're in close combat range. Hundreds of human corpses litter several streets now, and the World Eaters show no sign of losing their enthusiasm.

The Scourged seem to be acting as fruity as their leader. They are advancing, but in patterns that make little in the way of tactical sense. From above, it looks more like some kind of bizarre symbol being painted than any coherent battle plan. Still, they don't seem to be suffering for it, at least at the moment.

The Sons of Hekesh are moving slowly, but very thoroughly. They seem to be using the most rational tactics of the lot, advancing slowly, checking every street for ambush, utilizing good cover, and blasting away at the opponent piece-by-piece. Still, that methodical approach to things means that they're taking longer to get anything done.

The shuttle finally ends its rickity ride, with more than a few humans losing their lunch on the floor. None of the Astartes do, naturally. The doors open, and the rabble moves out quickly, but without much coordination. You join them on the outside.

At least four other shuttles are present. Three are the same type of rickity old looted shuttle that you rode in, but one is a high-quality Astartes shuttle, lovingly maintained and inscribed with countless verses from the Book of Lorgar. Several squads of Word Bearers are gathered at its base, with a good deal more order than anyone else.

At the Word Bearers' prompting, the rabble vaguely begins to advance. One unfortunate Astartes of an unknown chapter, who opted to take point, or at least the closest thing to it, steps on the wrong spot and is promptly blown up by a mine. Chunks of Astartes rain down on the mob, along with a bloody mist. Several briefly hesitate, but a conspicuous *click* of the Word Bearers weapons fixes that.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zasz checked to see if Katria was near him. Then he took an appraisal of the buildings around him. It would be important to see any snipers before they saw him -- or before they decided he looked remarkable enough for a quick shot to the forehead!

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[72] v. 100

He also looked to see if the Night Lord or Setesh was nearby. They would be useful in this endeavor. He didn't anticipate being able to keep Katria alive on his own, not with the level of backstabbery that would go on as soon as this horde began moving forward.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz spots all three of them close at hand, but sees no snipers. Several more explosions occur at the front, and the horde begins to dissolve outward into narrower streets and alleys as the chunks of charred flesh and armor rain down.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh could hear screaming and weapons firing in the distance. Mines going off. The straight-up battlefield was not his favourite location, but he was no stranger to it. He did not relish it like the World Eaters or Vra'tzaen did. The lack of planning and scheming had discouraged him a little. The timeframe for this assault was too short for his liking. But he was there, and he had to do what he could with the situation, or change it entirely, that was his way.

He had brought 2 slaves with him from the Word Bearer's vessel. It was always good to have sacrifices on hand, although a battlefield would usually yield those as well. But it felt good to bring such things anyway. He looked around for Zasz and the little girl. "I am coming to your location, Zasz." he said over the internal vox they had setup prior. To onlookers Setesh had a tint of blurriness about his movements, and a hint of an afterimage to those with good perception, as he walked towards Zasz.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness test: (1d100)[12] vs 55
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-06 at 02:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh reache Zasz without much incident as the horde dissolves around them. Gunfire can be heard from several alleyways a d streets where the bore has gone.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria slips into cloaked shadows, advancing carefully and keeping away from the largest groups of warriors to avoid being hit by indirect fire. ++Grandpa. I'll pathfind for you. Just keep in touch and watch yourself.++

Moving forward, the assassin begins seeking a relatively safe path away from the landing zone and towards the first noted target, voxing directions as she goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: Target 110 (1d100)[97]
    Perception: Target 42 (1d100)[37]

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Katria sees several human renegades engaged in a firefight with humans in Word Bearer colored military jumpsuits, except for the fact that the right shoulders are all black.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Roughly how many in each group?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Two dozen renegades vs. perhaps half that many cultists holes up on the bottom floor of a building.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh, who was aware of the gift of normality that obscured Zasz's visage, had no troubles finding him in the chaos and was in no time next to him. "What is the plan?" he asked with a hint of irony. Considering the armour Zasz wore, he would not be surprised if he would get a reply of 'full head-on assault', but this was no boarding action so it was unlikely. He did not know Zasz to be suicidal, at least. "I would suggest.. cautious.. measures." he continued. Setesh would rather let the 'cannon fodder' be just that, instead of joining them himself.

He looked around for a suitable route of advance, avoiding the thick of the battle, perhaps potentially being able to set up a flanking maneuver. "Humm..mmmm..mmmmm.." Vra'tzaen was getting excited from all the combat around them, he could tell. The weapon had not tasted blood in a few days now, and had assumably built up an even higher craving due to Setesh having used his ritual knife to sacrifice a slave in a ritual he performed prior to boarding the drop shuttle.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-06 at 04:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Something of a desiring smile curves Katria's face and she sneaks forward. ++Just gonna help out a bit grandpa..++

She checks the sides of the building, looking for a gap or breach she can slip through to join the enemy cultists inside.

13. - Top - End - #403

"I would like to find my granddaughter," Zasz said, a frown underneath his helmet. "++Katria, where are you? I will need your help avoiding these mines if I am to get to you -- or do you want me to explode?++"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria grimances and stops, glancing regretfully at the building ahead and then back in the direction she can. She quietly begins giving directions through her link, transmitting the safe path she found to the others.

15. - Top - End - #405

Activating his stummer, Zasz would follow the directions to get to Katria safely through the minefield.

Spoiler
    Show
    How long would that take?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Katria walked around the minefield, not through it.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz, following Katria's directions, arrives near the battle scene. By the time he arrives, one cultist has gone down, but so have four renegades.
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh went with Zasz, following the path the human girl had described. "++Little girl, how many hostiles are you able to distinguish in the area? Do you see anyone in large armour like your grandfather or myself?++" Setesh prefered to know what he was moving towards. There was a battle on the other side of the building, but he would rather not walk into the line of fire of a lascannon, if he could help it. He would rather slay a distracted user of such a weapon from behind.

In the distance he could feel the presence of the daemon engine the World Eaters had brought with them, as well as lesser daemonic entities in their midst -- assumably bloodletters, he thought. Not too surprisingly he could feel the psychic signatures of powers being used in the north among the Scourged. There were no daemonic entities among them though, atleast not yet.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 12:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

++Nah. They're all just like me, only.. oh, our team's losing. That's bad.++

Katria pouts, then with the other two on the scene, moves forward to sweep through a window in the besigned building, her cloak blurring as she draws her chainsword and power sword and then dances into the middle of a group of defending humans, ducking and weaving through them as her swords blur and hum and roar.

As the baffled enemy realised they were under attack from within, Katria dropped one of her smoke grenades, thick fog filling the room to obsucure their vision.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suprise round:
    Lightning attack (half turn) WS 63+30 (Ambush!)-10(LA). Target 83: (1d100)[43]
    Drop smoke grenade, half turn.

Initative: (Choose highest)
    (1d10+8)[11]
    (1d10+8)[10]

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Oof, forgot my offhand attack. Target 93 there. (1d100)[62]

4 DoS on lightning attack, +1 for adriot and I forgot the chainsword gives +10. So 7 attacks hit in total.
    Chainsword for main, powersword for the offhand. Pen 2 on all chainsword attacks, pen 5 on power sword attack.

Hitting 4 cultists, assigning two attacks to each of them.

Attack 1: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[13]

Attack 2: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[8]
    (1d10+7)[15]

Attack 3: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d10+7)[8]

Attack 4: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[12]
    (1d10+7)[12]

Attack 5: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[11]
    (1d10+7)[13]

Attack 6: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[11]
    (1d10+7)[8]

Attack 7: (Take highest)
    (1d10+7)[10]
    (1d10+7)[10]

Power sword (Ignore if the offhand missed.)
    (1d10+9)[12]

21. - Top - End - #411

Slathissin drew in a deep breath. There were plenty of mortal here, and today was a new day to spread fear. Mass slaughter was not his way. He remembered again the words of his mentor and Primarch, Konrad Kurze: "Kill a thousand and they will hate you. Kill a million and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear."
    "Wise words, my lord..." the old warrior thought to himself nostalgically. It had been millennia since he had heard from the other Night Lords, but their Primarch's words were clear as a bell above all else.++I'm going dark. I intend to flush out some of these wretches and make them quake in fear++ Slathissin voxed, before spreading his wings and looking for some place high and dark to make a nest and look for prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Roll, Agility 60+20 for camo cloak, +30 vs hearing with stummer, +10 for Infamy = 90/100 (1d100)[82]
    1DoS/2DoS
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-07 at 07:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Cultist initiative:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+3)[5](8)

(1d10+3)[9](12)

(1d10+3)[8](11)

(1d10+3)[8](11)

(1d10+3)[1](4)

(1d10+3)[2](5)

(1d10+3)[3](6)

(1d10+3)[5](8)
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #413

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative, if you haven't already rolled for Zasz in secret:
    (1d10)[4] + 5
    (1d10)[1] + 5

His attack roll: (1d100)[38] v. 60 + 5 (Khorne) + 10 (aiming) + 10 (Short range? Not sure on the distances here) + 10 (Red Dot Sight) +0 (Called Shot, Head) = 95

Presuming a hit, using the 'one hit equals two hits' from Twin Linked:

Hit 1: (1d10)[7] +12, Pen 4
    (1d10)[10]+12, Pen 4

Hit 2: (1d10)[6]+12, Pen 4
    (1d10)[4]+12, Pen 4

Use the highest, thanks to Tearing. It's silenced, too, so awareness tests can only be made from half distance. What's the original distance? Never mentioned in the book. Stupid things that they constantly overlook. Blech.

Zasz took aim and fired off his combi-bolter at one of the enemy cultists, his auto-senses locking on to the unfortunate fellow's head!
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-07 at 01:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin can see several engagements from his hiding spot. In one, several renegade humans are assaulting a few enemy cultists. Zasz and Setesh appear tone there.

In another engagement, several human and a few Astartes have engaged an enemy Leman Russ, though they don't seem to be making progress.

Slathissin would have seen more had not two snipers decided that this would be the best time to fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two shots:

(1d100)[15] vs. 95

(1d100)[44] vs. 95

Damage:

(1d10+3)[2](5)

(1d10+3)[7](10)

All of it is Felling (4) so you don't get your Unnatural Toughness Bonus. Also Pen 1.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Three cultists get to go before Zasz.

The four cultists Katria attack almost explode in sprays of blood and gore, collapsing to the ground. However, they still have plenty of friends.

"For Lorgar!" screams a cultist, priming a grenade. Then, to Katria's surprise, he does not throw it at her. He jumps in her face, thrusting his hand containing the grenade towards her as it explodes.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #416

Spoiler
    Show
    I figured others would go before me, but I wanted to post my action anyways.

(1d5)[1] for Zealous Hatred.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, forgot the damage. Since the cultists is making a frag grenade attack against himself, everyone within 3 squares gets hit automatically. That includes the cultist, Katria, and two other cultists.

(2d10)[5] Pen 0.
    -Me

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

From inside the building Setesh can hear what sounds like a frag granade going off, and moves in through the nearest opening. Strangely he feels protective of the human girl, even though he have not known her for long. Perhaps Zasz had contaminated him with something. Or maybe it is that the girl is too amusing to him to perish prematurely. He wants to observe her more in the future.

With Vra'tzaen drawn, Setesh quickly moved towards a group of 2 cultists he detected, his movements blurry and hard to keep up with, and swung his sword in a flurry of many-coloured streaks of warpfire.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Attack:
    (1d100)[60] vs 60 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication)
    Unnatural Weapon Skill (4) adds +2 DoS on a success.

Damage rolls, with 9 pen
    (1d10+18)[3](21) or (1d10+18)[5](23) for 1 DoS [on first cultist]
    and (1d10+18)[3](21) or (1d10+18)[3](21) for 3 DoS [on 2nd cultist if in melee range also, if not, on first]
    and (1d10+18)[5](23) or (1d10+18)[10](28) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+18)[10](28) or (1d10+18)[9](27) for 7 DoS

Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 02:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

The two cultists almost explode in a spray of horrible gore.

Behind them, Setesh and Katria hear the horrible sound of several blight grenades going off at once. Zasz is atomized almost instantly, taken by the will of Papa Nurgle.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

As Setesh dismembered the two cultists in a shower of gore, he heard some loud unfamiliar noises from outside the building, something more sinister than what he had just created himself. Much more sinister. "++Zasz, what is going on outside?++" He got no reply. It was strange. Zasz was one to be so easily taken out of. He was wondering what it could have been. "Little girl, stay here." he told Katria as he quickly moved outside to see what had happened, looking for hostiles and Zasz.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness test: (1d100)[22] vs 55
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 03:47 PM.