New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Setesh can easily see that Zasz is no more. And judging by the faint poisonous mist hanging about where he just was, it would appear he just exploded.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slathissin snarls as he feels the lasbolts spank off his armour. He looks around for the source of the attacker, dropping into a crouch to make himself a harder target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness at 40+10 for HS (1d100)[6]

5DoS. Do I find these offensive sharpshooters?
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-07 at 03:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

As he arrived outside, Setesh saw no immediate hostiles, and where he had left Zasz was a faint cloud of disease and pollutants and bits and pieces of what was the remnants of the Death Guard. He instinctively knew that this could only have been the work of Zasz's patron Dark God Nurgle. He could only guess at what must have happened for Nurgle to turn his attention on one of his champions in this way.

He wondered how Katria would react to her perished 'grandfather'. "++Little girl, you should come outside as soon as you can. It would seem your grandfather has perished, at the hands of the Plague Lord. The one he called his patron Dark God. His own Dark God of Disease. I do not understand why, but it seems he must have been betrayed by the one entity he was devoted to.++"
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 04:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin sees two snipers in two separate buildings. One peeking out of a 7th story window of a 9-story building perhaps 135 meters from where he now stands. The other is on top of a 4-story building about 70 meters from Slathissin.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #425

He grits his teeth, and heads for the closest one.
    ++After some snipers who think they can take down a Night Lord. Insolent humans.++ he growls, before going silent, weaving back and forth with his wings, trying to keep low as he zooms in as fast as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flying as fast as I can, which since I have Flyer (12) I believe is 6x my usual movement which is a total of...72m. I can fly in right above the insolent whelp.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

The two snipers take shots at Slathissin as he flies. Unfortunately, his abandonment of stealth attracts the attention of two more.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[97] vs. 55

(1d100)[77] vs. 55

(1d100)[48] vs. 55

(1d100)[14] vs. 55

Damage:

(1d10+3)[10](13)

(1d10+3)[3](6)

(1d10+3)[10](13)

(1d10+3)[7](10)

As before, Pen 1, Felling (4).

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slathissin takes 2 damage, 2 levels of Fatigue, and 1d5 Toughness damage.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-07 at 04:51 PM.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Shards of shrapnal strike Katria, but her capable armour absorbs the force of the blast as she turns her head aside to avoid anything striking her eyes. As Setesh's words sink in however, and the faint smell from Zasz's demise reaches her nose she freezes, for one, long, instant. Her eyes glimmer and then grow pitch black with a Warp fuelled fury.

Suddenly, the three luckless heretics within her reach are being shredded by an out of control, screaming assasin in the throes of sheer grief and fury, any form of control gone in an instant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Darksouling it, for fear 1.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Three very unfortunate heretics are slaughtered by the vicious, screaming devil of an assasin.

Two heretics blanch at the sight and turn to flee before the crazed madwoman. The third, however, has more resolve.

"For the Dark Gods!"

He grabs his own frag grenade and hurls himself at Katria, allowing it to explode in his hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d10)[8] Pen 0
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #429

Bloxly the Servo-Skull hovered closely to Verateka's shoulder, feeding information into her auto-senses via the vox-link. There had been some unremarkable creature that had gone up in a plume of toxic green smoke. It was an interesting sight -- there must have been one hundred blight grenades to make such an explosion. While condensed to about a twelve meter diameter, that area would probably be toxic for the duration of the minute -- and if there was any source of groundwater within six meters of where the poor fellow stood, it was undoubtedly contaminated now.

Verateka moved across the battlefield, observing and keeping to the shadows or cover as best she could. She wasn't particularly adept at fighting, but she excelled at staying functional. Any technology that could be found on this world would belong to her, of course. And it would probably be wise to find others who were good at killing... it would prolong her existence, and give her more chances of finding better things.

Judging by the spatter of blood, there were such individuals nearby. Or the enemy. Either way, it merited investigation. She moved towards the opening to try and see Katria and Setesh.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Verateka sees a large amount of blood and an explosion as a cultist hurls himself at a crazed assasin and explodes, only for the assasin to remain unharmed even by the shards that puncture her armor.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #431

In her brass-finished armour, with beautiful whorls of gold emblazoned in various patterns across the surface and culminating in a pair of ivory-capped horns, a great velvet cape on her back that was eminently swishable, Verateka didn't seem to fit in here. Luckily, the blessing of her god muted the effect. She glanced about to see if there were any other heretical Word Bearers around, or if the indefatigable assassin had taken care of everyone.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh could hear the screams of furious murder from Katria within the building. The reaction did not surprise him. He was more or less counting on it. "++Little girl. Let your anger out. I understand how you feel. Deal with those humans as you set fit. But you should not focus your anger at them. It was not they who killed you grandfather, it was the Lord of Disease, the Dark God Nurgle. The one your grandfather helped in spreading his disease and decay. And what did he get in return? Death.++" He paused and listened to Katria's fury as he walked into the building again, in search for her. "++I will take on your late grandfather's commitment to you. He was a old dear comrade to me. A long time ago, we thought together. You are not alone, now either. Together we can better enact vengeance on the Dark God of decay and disease.++" Setesh could not tell if his words were getting through to her, but as he was talking about one who she held dear, he assumed atleast some would reach her.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 05:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

There was a silence from around Setesh and then Katria was next to him, shivering in fury and with a highly exotic looking blade in her hand, the tip pointed at him as utterly black eyes stared at the chaos marine. "No. Another did this. One mortal, one who can bleed and die. You will help me find him and make him suffer, or you are nothing to me and I will kill you now."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Verateka sees no enemies but a pair of fleeing cultists.
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #435

Verateka had lost track of the assassin. She looked around, having Bloxly investigate as well.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

She finds the assasin in conversation with a hulking Chaos Space Marine with a sparking sword wet with blood in his hand.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #437

Moving to a window, Verateka had Bloxly move behind her. "Excuse me, you wouldn't be responsible for killing these men, would you?" she asked, a pleasant tone to her voice.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh turned around and looked down on the girl standing there, with a seeming shard-like weapon in her hand. It seems his words had reached her. "Go outside and see for yourself at the handywork of the one they call the Plague Lord. You will feel and understand yourself then, that what I say must be true. Do you think any mortal would be able to do such a thing to your powerful grandfather?" He paused, looking for her reaction. "But I will help you. The Lord of Disease have followers speading his decay and disease everywhere." Setesh started to walk outside, leading Katria to the place Zasz had perished.

Walking outside he was met with the pleasant greeting of someone in power armour. With his warpsight he noticed this one had the same gift of normality that Zasz had been gifted with. Such interesting fate of meeting another one with that same gift. Most peculiar. However, this particular variation of gift seemed more slaaneshi, and had not the presence of Nurgle about it. "Yes, it was. Excuse me for little while, we have pressing matters to attend to. You are welcome to take anything you can find inside."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added reply to heretek

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria blinked and when her eyes opened they were a soft shade of blue again, but her face was set with clear pain. She glanced at Verateka and spoke quietly as she sheathed her sword, armour stained with blood and debris. "Not all. Two tried blowing me up."

She wandered outside and slumped onto a rock as she stared at where Zasz had stood before his end. "The Thousand Sons did this Setesh, they hated Grandpa for beating one of them." She shook her head. "And he gave me purpose. I need to keep to it."

20. - Top - End - #440

(What manner of rifle inflicts Toughness damage or fatigue? Oh well, here goes.)

Within range now, he leaps down upon the sniper, preparing his fist for a devastating attack, blowing through the window and smashing at the offending sniper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Killing Strike employed, All Out Charge means +50 to attack, so WS 111 (1d100)[88] dealing (1d10+15)[18] damage, Pen 5, Concussive 2
    4DoS means I can replace the 3 I rolled for damage with 4, resulting in 19 damage Pen 5, Concussive 2.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-07 at 06:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Verateka listened through Bloxly as she moved through the corpses, trying to find any useful items. Both also performed a quick search to determine whether this building was going to explode and collapse downwards before actually entering.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[74] v. 11 for Verateka. Apparently Awareness isn't trained. That's an issue.

(1d100)[9] v. 40 for Bloxly.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you not feel the sinister nature of Zasz's death looking at this? This was not the work of any mortal. And as you can see, there are no one of the Scourged around here. They are way to the north of us. And they had an honourable duel. The Scourged would not take revenge for that." He paused. "Do you remember the one who wanted your grandfather's new armour after the duel? He was their leader. If he had wanted to take revenge for the duel, he would have done so there when he easily could have tried."

Setesh looked around, and at the one in power armour who searched through the things of the cultists Katria had just killed. "What was this purpose he gave you?"

Spoiler
    Show

As I understood it, Henry mentioned that it would be obvious for anyone looking and hearing Zasz's death that it was the work of the Nurgle, so it wouldn't be hard to convince Katria of the same - as she would understand that to be the truth.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 06:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She sighs. "To live." She replies simply. "I was created to kill and destroy, I can, I'm good at it." She waves at the bodies strewn about the building. "But I enjoy living, being me. I'll continue." The young woman glances towards the sounds of battle. "There's more to be done here, then we go. See if that girl's found anything? We'll protect her, she'll share."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I missed that.
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-10-07 at 06:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin pounds the unfortunate sniper into a pulp as she screams her devotion to the Dark Gods. Even as he does so, the other three shoot at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't the gun that did fatigue and toughness, it was the zealous hatred.

(1d100)[49] vs. 55

(1d100)[15] vs. 55

(1d100)[94] vs. 55

Damage:

(1d10+3)[1](4)

(1d10+3)[6](9)

(1d10+3)[4](7)

Roll for your toughness damage.

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slathissin is at half movement and cannot run or charge from the Zealous Hatred of last round. This will not affect his flying. He takes no damage from these three shots.

Bloxly finds no indications of an imminent explosion.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-07 at 07:18 PM.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #445

Bloxly indicates this to Verateka, and she continues to look through the remains, trying to find anything worthwhile.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

The cultists had icons of Lorgar, autoguns, a bit of ammunition for the guns, 3 total remain frags, and not much else.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #447

She took the various items and secured them as best she could. A pity none of them had a backpack... not even a single backpack? She looked around to see if she had missed it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? They're plentiful!

Also, how many auto-guns, and how much ammunition?

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Their backpacks were regrettably ripped to shreds by the in resistible viciousness of Katria's assault or their own grenades.

4 guns, 13 clips.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #449

The lack of a backpack made Verateka's internal processor click in annoyance. But no matter. She collected the guns and clips and held them in her arms, moving back towards the window. She had Bloxly look out to make sure no one was going to shoot her.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[90] v. 11 for Verateka
    (1d100)[73] v. 40 for Bloxly

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

"That is a good purpose to have. One I will help you fulfill, in your late grandfather's place, if you would let me." She most certainly was talented at killing. More so than Setesh had expected. He suspected that she had most likely been an assassin in her previous life, perhaps an Imperial one. It would most definitely explain her talent for murder. "And there is always someone to kill. Who deserves death. Like the Lord of Plague who took your grandfather away from you. And he has followers everywhere. Maybe extinguishing the life of one of those would make you feel... better?"

She was right. There was much left to be done here. Setesh called to the one inside. "We are leaving. Will you join us? You do not seem to be armed, which is a bad idea in this battlefield."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 06:53 PM.