New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Gesturing with the four guns in her arms, Verateka shrugged. "I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. There's bound to be an interesting technological artefact somewhere on this planet. I wouldn't trust the Word Bearers to realize what they had, even if it stared them in the face."
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Verateka and Bloxly see nothing.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh looked at her trying to carry her new-found autoguns. "Though it does seem like you are armed." He let out a short chuckle. He was slightly upset over the loss of Zasz, but it was far from the first time he had lost a brother-in-arms. And it was mostly because Zasz would have been helpful to have around going through this ordeal. "I can agree with you on that. What is your name?"
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 06:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454

"Verateka," she answered simply. "Yourself?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is Setesh." he replied."The girl is Katria." That was the first time Setesh had actually used her name. Fitting Zasz would not be around to hear it.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 07:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

"Lovely to meet you both. If you have a vox-channel, we can use that if you'd prefer. Moderately more secure."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

"Moderately, is the word, yes." Setesh remembered his comm leach. Activating it here would probably mean a massive storm of different vox transmissions. He would wait a little first before testing the device on a battlefield.

Setesh gave her the necessary information to access their internal vox channel and made sure it was correct. "++Speak.++"

8. - Top - End - #458

"++There's no need to be rude++," she replied. "++Would either of you care for an autogun? I have an abundance of them at the present++."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was not my intention to be rude. I am sorry if it offended you." The empty words to appease a human. The effectiveness of being blunt, especially when there was no reason not to be, Setesh was aware of. It usually got things done quicker. It was just not graceful. It must have been the recent passing of Zasz that was still concerning him a little.

"I have no need for such primitive tools. I would not be surprised if someone else did though. Bring them with you if you want to carry them." Setesh remembered the two slaves he had ordered to stay behind the building before. He walked around the corner to find them still standing there. The Word Bearers could definitely train slaves not to run away. "Come." he ordered them. "If you do not want to carry the weapons yourself, these two can help you."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 07:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

"++I'm of the opinion that giving slaves weaponry is a remarkably poor choice++," she said, keeping the weapons in her arms. "++Unless Katria wants an auto-gun, I'll keep them myself. I'm not particularly good at shooting, so there's no reason to worry about the quantity. I'm sure I can clean these off and trade them to someone else, get something actually worthwhile for them. Perhaps some sort of a flame-producing weapon... hmm, attached to a ballistic mechadendrite, perhaps?++"

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not worry. I assume they barely know how to use one of those. And they know what will happen to them if they did try." he said with the slaves and Verateka behind him. "Futhermore, I take it you know you do not have to use the vox channel when I am standing right here? There is another one who has access to this channel. One of the fear-mongering Night Lords. I assume he must be busy as he has not used it for a while." Setesh doubted he could have missed the sound of Zasz's death from before.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Also, Katria and Setesh know because of the horribly loud noise and the loud expression of rapture they heard through the vox as Nurgle claimed Zasz's soul.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 07:58 PM. Reason: edited about the sounds that were heard

12. - Top - End - #462

Zasz did not, in fact, make any noises while dying.

"++I prefer vox channels++," she said with a shrug. "++As for giving weapons to slaves, again, it seems like a bad idea. Anyways, shall we try and find this Night Lord and render him aid? If he is busy, as you suspect, it might be appropriate to try and give him some assistance. Unless you'd rather write him off as dead?++"

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

"That is acceptable." As long as Setesh could hear her, he did not care in what way it was. And it sounded like she was a heretek, from when she spoke about what kind of new weapon she would want. A ballistic mechadendrite he only knew hereteks to acquire. Setesh did not particularly like those of the mechine cult. He could more often than not read or understand their strange minds. It unsettled and annoyed him.

"I do not know where he is located at this moment. He took off to spread fear, or whatever he does." She could probably notice his distaste of the tactics he mentioned. "Besides, he can fly. It would be pointless trying to track or find him."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 07:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464

"++If he can hear us -- which, as you've said, he can -- then surely he can tell us where he is, no? But if not, we can continue on. Please, lead the way. I've got only an inkling as to the actual plan here. They didn't deign to tell the miserable humans too much about anything++."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can only assume he is trying to be stealthy, or something to that extent. If he speaks or not is up to him. As long as he is not detrimental to our progress." Preferably the Night Lord was stalking some enemies and had no reason to make his location known. It was likely he did not wear his helmet and could not hear the internal vox in the first place.

"Regarding a plan, there is not much of one. For now, we need to eliminate the enemies like the Word Bearers seem to want us to. And the one who was acting a leader for the time being perished before you arrived."

16. - Top - End - #466

Slathissin takes stock of his situation. He could fly up to find another one of them, but right now he needed to shake them off. He crouched in the gloom of the building over the pulped sniper, flicking his eyes over the woman, trying to find anything of use without moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth roll 60+20 (1d100)[46] And Awareness to look over sniper (1d100)[65]

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

The sniper woman was carrying a long las, 6 clips of ammo, a pair of frags, a backpack, and nothing more.
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #468

Verateka nodded. "++Then it seems the mantle has fallen to you, Setesh. I'll just follow back here++." She had Bloxly scan again, just to see if there had been any visible motion while they had been talking.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[74] v. 40

19. - Top - End - #469

He smirks. Nothing of real value here. So, he inched his way forward to the next window, wincing with every movement of his left leg. He picked his moment, before hurtling through the next window in the direction of the sniper about 50m away from him. He could close in a manner of seconds to the point where the fool would panic, but also throw him off his shot.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Bloxly sees nothing.
    -Me

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

The snipers haven't given up on Slathissin, and they fire at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[87] vs. 55

(1d100)[55] vs. 55

(1d100)[46] vs. 55

Damage:

(1d10+3)[5](8)

(1d10+3)[10](13)

(1d10+3)[2](5)

Pen 1, Felling 4, as always.

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slathissin takes 1 damage and must make Challenging (+0) toughness test or be knocked prone.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-07 at 08:53 PM.
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

"So it would seem, for now." Setesh was not entirely comfortable leading in an assault. But now he had to a greater freedom of influencing their actions more to his liking. "Let us continue." he said as he started to move in the direction of the mass of heretics going towards the nearby reported garrison. They needed to get closer to observe the enemy positions and numbers, and using that information implement a fitting plan to deal with the enemies. "And we will find someone for you to enact a little vengeance upon, for the death of your grandfather." he said to Katria.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-07 at 09:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473

Verateka followed behind him, trying to stick to cover from debris as best she could, and sticking to the overhang from the buildings when possible. Keeping out of the open was her plan, and she executed it as best she could.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Turning towards the looming Temple of the Word in the area's center, the trio sees that they have a relatively open courtyard ahead between them and the next building. Also, that the renegades that were earlier fighting the cultists are gone.

On the opposite side of the building, away from the temple, they can hear the sounds of heavy bolters being used, and lots of screaming.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    The snipers haven't given up on Slathissin, and they fire at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] vs. 55

[roll1] vs. 55

[roll2] vs. 55

Damage:

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

Pen 1, Felling 4, as always.

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slathissin takes 1 damage and must make Challenging (+0) toughness test or be knocked prone.
    (Do I not get any advantage of cover, since I flew inside the building to avoid being shot at?)

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elurindel View Post
    (Do I not get any advantage of cover, since I flew inside the building to avoid being shot at?)
    You hurdled through the next window. Since you were on a roof, I took that to mean you dived as quickly as you could for the nearest window. So no, not this time. But if you make it through the window, you will.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh lead the trio towards the building opposite from the one they had just cleared, away from the heavy bolter fire coming from behind. From the sound of the heavy bolter fire he assumed that the Word Bearers had arrived and were shooting those who were trying to retreat from the task they had been given.

As the renegades, who had left by now, had been standing around in the open area between the buildings, Setesh did not assume there were any mines laid there. But his curiousness did not let him just go ahead without finding out first. He took one of his granades and, without priming it, rolled it forward over the open area to see what would happen.

Spoiler
    Show

If the granade did not trigger any mines in their path, he'd pick it up on the way over and enter the building.

Setesh prefered it if they entered the building as to avoid any potential snipers in hiding, had they gone around the building and in the open. Once inside the building they should be able to observe the other side of the building in the direction of the reported bastion of enemy troops, and clear out the building of any hostiles if present. There would probably also a way out on the other side as well. Or they could make one. "We should clear the building from hostiles."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 12:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria nodded, giving a smile. "Don't worry, I'll look after you. If anyone's there, I'll make them stop shooting." Shrouding herself within the cover of her shimmering cloak, she prowled into the building to seek out anyone holding it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d100)[26]
    Perception: (1d100)[76]
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-10-08 at 03:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479

"++Does she do that a lot? It would explain why I lost track of her earlier++."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

"She does, yes. Appearently she has a penchant for it."

While Katria seemingly cleared the building, Setesh surveyed the lower floors of it, looking through any windows to the west to see what he could spot, as well as searching for potential openings to the west for them to move through as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: (1d100)[16] vs 55