New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Verateka remained in cover as best she could, and have Bloxly help Setesh search.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[1] v. 40

Of all the times to roll a one...
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-08 at 07:54 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Katria, Setesh, and Bloxly find no more enemies within the short 3-story building. On the other side, they can see an enemy Leman Russ, supported by four Astartes, engaging a large group of renegades and a few Astartes. One of the friendly Astartes takes aim and... Make that three enemy Astartes supporting the tank. Of course, he's immediately shredded by return heavy bolter fire.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria considers the scene from their covered position, then flashes Verateka a bright smile. "Can I have one of those grenades? We can nab our very own tank if I can." She glances at Setesh. "I can get on top, stop the gunner and then use a grenade to sort out the folks inside.

Thing is, those guards won't be too happy with me then, so it'll be nice if they're worried about you instead."

4. - Top - End - #484

"++Please, help yourself. I'd offer it myself but I'm a little... preoccupied at the moment++," Verateka mentioned, gesturing again with the autoguns in her arms. She took a seat against the wall, her back towards the tank. "++Did I mention how woefully inaccurate I am? It might be a good time to bring that back up. Specifically the woefully inaccurate bit. Also, my inability to go toe-to-toe with tanks. Probably important to bring that back up as well. Sure, if we get inside I can break the Machine Spirit over my knee, but the whole pre-boarding phase...++"

Verateka made a noise akin to the clearing of one's throat. "++Anyways, please, take a fragmentation grenade. Or two, if you'd like++."
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria nods and plucks two grenades from Verateka's belt, as polietly as possible. "I'll let you know when we get it sorted then. Oh.." She gestures at the servo skull. "Can he see if there's anyone else to shoot at me when I'm on the tank? People with rifles and so on."

6. - Top - End - #486

"++He's not particularly sneaky. If he gets too close, he'll alert our foes to our existence. I can send him around the building, try to keep him in the shadows as much as possible. One moment++."

She does just that, having Bloxly surreptitiously take a peak at those on the other side of the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[57] v. 40

EDIT: I think Awareness is only necessary for people in stealth. So he should still be able to see people who aren't actively hiding... but anyone who IS, well, Bloxly's got nothin'.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-08 at 12:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

The plan the human girl had come up with did not rub Setesh the wrong way like a head-on assault would. The tank was a problem, and they had no anti-vehicle specific weaponry at the ready, disregarding the potential of Vra'tzaen. "If you cause their tank personnel to suffer from a... dysfunction, it would prove enough of a distraction for me to close in on them. I assume at that point you would want to stab them in the back?" Setesh had a faint smile on his lips, under his helmet.

Hearing the expressed concern about the heretek's own lack of ranged capabilities, Setesh let out a laugh. "You stay here, then. Unless you want to act a decoy? You seem well-armoured enough, for at least that. And you have cover due to the building, if or when they would start shooting at you."

8. - Top - End - #488

"++My armour is several centimeters thinner than yours. I think I'll stay right here, thanks. If your guns jam, though, I'm the girl to talk to. Otherwise... I'll just be here++."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

"Guns jamming will not be an issue." He turned his head in the direction of Katria. "It is up to you and me, then." Setesh walked to a window, looking out at the group of renegades and Astartes in combat with the splintered group. "For now, it seems they will find enough distraction shooting at these renegades for us to get closer, atleast."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 12:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She nodded. "I'll beep the vox when I'm ready. Beep back when you are."

The assassin dropped to a crouch, then slunk out of the building and began stalking her way towards the Lemun Russ and its three remaining guardians.

Should she reach it without incident, she attempted to clamber up an unobserved side, using it as cover from the raging battle. Slinking along the roof, she drew her blade as she neared the tank's gunner and upper hatch, tapping her vox to send a quiet beep to the other three.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth! Target 110. (1d100)[15]

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

None of the enemy seems to notice Katria, and if the other renegades do, they ain't talking.
    -Me

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Katria was obviously more experienced in stealth tactics than Setesh was. But he understood tactics, nonetheless. He was just not very adept at stealth, but he had to employ it now.

Finding an exit, he activated his stummer and swiftly and stealthily, aided by his active power of hightened speed and reflexes, started to make his way towards the flank of the tank and the supporting Astartes next to it out of their immediate view. He had lost track of Katria since she left the building, but assumed she would give him the signal any moment.

But Setesh did not manage to go far before one of the splintered Word Bearers noticed him, and opened fire. At this moment, he did not bother trying to be stealthy and started to running to the cover he was trying to reach unnoticed, very likely now appearing almost as a blur to the Word Bearer who had detected him. Hopefully this distraction would help Katria in her task even more. He waited for her signal, and when it came, he returned it. She had no doubt already noticed that he had been shot at.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth test: (1d100)[54] vs 30 (+30 from stummer, +10 if they count as distracted from being engaged in combat with the renegades)
    +2 DoS on a successful test from UNA (4).

Total 3 DoS. 4 if they are distracted.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 02:13 PM. Reason: aw, detected! re-write.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

One of the heretic Word Bearers snaps his head around towards Setesh.

"Enemy on the flank!" he roars, bringing his bolter around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action: aim

Half action: Semi-auto burst

(1d100)[82] vs. 55

Damage:

(1d10+9)[9](18)

(1d10+9)[7](16)

(1d10+9)[10](19)

(1d10+9)[6](15)

Rending rerolls:

(1d10+9)[6](15)

(1d10+9)[10](19)

(1d10+9)[5](14)

(1d10+9)[8](17)

-Me

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria stabs at the gunner with her chainsword, but lets out an uncharastic curse as she loses her footing due to the movement of the tank and only manages a glancing blow. Eyes narrowed angrily, the Frozen Shard seems to leap into her hand as she runs the luckless heretic through with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's the suprise round and first round actions. -20 to anyone shooting at her due to the camo cloak.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

The Word Bearer who had detected him had missed all bolts he fired upon Setesh. By now Katria would assumably had gone to work on the tank as well, but he had not yet heard the sound of a frag granade coming from the tank.

From his cover Setesh could hear one of the Word Bearers, assumably the one who had detected him, firing a volley at at his location, which was nothing that concerned him. He would just have to time his approach, if he wanted to charge them, when they were not shooting. He had the speed to make that happen, without a doubt. But it was unecessary at this point to charge into three Astartes and a still functional Leman Russ. Setesh had other talents than just swinging his sword.

With a quick glance on the hostile Astartes, he reached into the mind of the one who had fired upon him before and was the closest to Setesh's position, and placed a telepathic command in it. Unload your bolter into your friend on your left.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Compel on the Astartes [to make him use Semi-auto with his Bolter on the Astartes to his left (I'm assuming Setesh can actually see there is one there to attack. As long as he shoots any of the other two. )]
    Half Action, Fettered, Compel, -10 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[43] vs 80
    4 DoS.

Sending the command.
    Free Action, Fettered, Thought Sending, +40 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[6] vs 130 (success on <91)
    A lot of DoS.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 03:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearer struggles against the mental compulsion.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[49] vs. 45
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearer screams in rage as he is forced to shoot at his brother:

Spoiler
    Show
    Semi-auto burst:

(1d100)[84] vs. 45
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #498

Verateka allowed the mechadendrite to come out of her armour, the two meter coil snaking around. Bloxly was against the wall as well, out of sight. "++Screams of rage are good. Continue with the screams of rage++," she added in an encouraging tone.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearer switches off his external vox briefly. There is a moment of silence, and then all three World Bearers move to minimize Setesh's cover and get out of charge range and open up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Actions: Semi-auto burst:

(1d100)[89] vs. 45

(1d100)[14] vs. 45

(1d100)[38] vs. 45

-Me

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

It would seem the World Bearers did not like having their actions tampered with. And Setesh's choice of individual to compel was a poor choice. His aim was as bad as when he tried to shoot Setesh before. He would not make the same mistake again.

Evidently the Word Bearer he had compelled had convinced his allies regarding his actions, as they were not attacking their own like he had wanted. The two others had started to destroy his cover, and with his awareness of the warp, he was able to avoid two bolts which were able to penetrate. Atleast this would prove to be a good distraction for his little human companion. "++They seem to be focusing their attention on me now, girl. Now is your opportunity.++"

Setesh once again quickly glanced out from his, now a little more tattered, cover. All three of them were now after him, and they had separated a little so charging one would mean he was still out of melee range with the others.

This time his target was one of the two who had moved closer to his location. Once again, he reached into the mind of a Word Bearer and compelled him to do Setesh's bidding. Unload your bolter into your friend beside you. He was not able to manifest his telepathic abilities to place the command, though. "Unload your bolter into your friend beside you." he annoyingly had to vox out to the Word Bearers.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Compel on the Astartes [to make him use Semi-auto with his Bolter on the Astartes beside next to him just out of melee range]
    Half Action, Fettered, Compel, -10 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[66] vs 80
    2 DoS.
    Free Action, Fettered, Thought Sending, +40 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[96] vs 130 (success on <91)
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 04:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

If Setesh expected a dramatic explosion of dual frag grenades, he was dissapointed. Katria stabbed at the tank's hatch to find a weak point in the portal, but failed to grasp any sort of advantage.

++Keep holding them off!++

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearer struggles against Setesh's will.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[16] vs. 45

"I think not, witch!" he roars triumphantly, leveling his bolter at Setesh instead.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-08 at 04:38 PM.
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

All three of the Astartes open up on full.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half actions: aim

Half actions: semi-auto burst

(1d100)[29] vs. 55

(1d100)[24] vs. 55

(1d100)[74] vs. 55

-Me

24. - Top - End - #504

Dropping the autoguns, Verateka took the last frag grenade she had and began to aim!

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action ready, half action aim.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-08 at 05:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria finally finds the purchase she needs and levers the hatch up, just enough to roll both frag grenades inside before it slams shut again. There's a suprised comment from inside, a sudden yell of horror and then a muffled thud as the tank rocks slightly.

The assassin flattens herself against the roof in the interim.

Spoiler
    Show
    Frag grenade damage.
    (2d10)[9]
    (2d10)[17]
    Going prone.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

When Katria opens the hatch, she finds a lovely gun barrel waiting for her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Auto attack: (1d100)[22] vs. 85
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-08 at 05:37 PM.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

The barrage of bolts hitting Setesh's cover would probably have made an ordinary human cower in fear. Setesh kept his calm. His attempt at making one of them attack his allies had proven to be a failure, and that had not made them less focused on eliminating him. But that was good for Katria.

The cover held up rather well considering the bolter barrage, but two bolts managed to penetrate, and the close proximity explosions were not absorbed by his less than optimal refractor field, which caused him some discomfort.

Annoying Word Bearers he thought to himself. Either they can't aim properly, or they manage to resist his mindcontrol. But until Katria could manage to deal with the tank, this was his task. He did not prefer being the distraction himself, though. But he was not suicidal, charging three Astartes he could not reach with a single swing.

He moved a bit to better cover, as to deny the Word Bearers a clearer shot, would they try to get one. They had started to destroy some of the surrounding cover by now. He glanced out, and once again forced a mental command he inserted in his target's mind to compel the Word Bearer's actions. Remove your helmet and toss it as far as you can. Setesh annoyance over the Word Bearers had turned into mischievousness, a trait he had the habit of sometimes taking on.

Spoiler
    Show

Half action to move to better cover.

Using Compel on one of the closer WBs. Removing and tossing it should be a Full Action as far as I can remember.
    Half Action, Fettered, Compel, -10 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[44] vs 80
    4 DoS, +1 with using Infamy point, for 5 total.

Free Action, Fettered, Thought Sending, +40 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[2] vs 130 (success on <91)
    Many DoS.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-08 at 06:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508

After Katria and Setesh had performed their actions -- including Setesh attempting to have one of the Marines remove his helmet -- Verateka would complete her trajectory and throw the grenade in a perfect arc to where she had intended it to be.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

The marine struggles against Setesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[30] vs. 45

Snarling, the marine removes his helmet and tosses it as far as he can - straight up. It clatters to the ground at his feet.

The marines snarl viciously as the grenades in the tank go off, killing the crew. They further growl when Verateka's grenade explodes, though they do not flinch.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-08 at 06:48 PM.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

The one without a helmet scrambles to reattach it, then fires hastily at Setesh. Another marine fires, aiming at Verateka. The third holsters his bolter for a chainsword and bolt pistol and runs towards Verateka, coming within 8 meters of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marine 1: Semi-auto burst against Setesh: (1d100)[62] vs. 45

Marine 2: Half action: aim Half action: Semi-auto burst against Verateka: (1d100)[63] vs. 55[roll]
    -Me