New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

The annoying noise the skull made in the vox channel Setesh could make no sense of. "++I was asking your master, skull.++" He diverted his attention from the group of Word Bearers and saw the heretek checking the tank. "++And it seems we have company incoming. If we linger for too long, the 'good' Word Bearers will probably open fire on us for not doing what they want us to.++"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Verateka looks down and sees a small pink tentacle wrapping itself around her leg. It doesn't seem to be attacking just yet.

The Word Bearers sweep forward and take up positions at the edge of the square, well out of charge range. 8 bolters and 1 heavy bolter are trained on Setesh.

The leader, the only one not point a weapon, steps forward a bit. "Step away from the bodies. They and everything on them are ours."
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Verateka has no interest in determine the source of the tentacle and moves to leave the tank, presumably encountering some resistance from the tentacle.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Verateka encounters no resistance from the tentacle as she moves throughout the tank. It does, however, remain attached.

When she attempts to leave, however, the tentacle pulls back, trying to stop it.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-09 at 07:14 PM.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no interest in their bodies or equipment. The human girl is of my concern though, and I would ask you to make the same consideration for me regarding her." he replied. What the heretek was doing or intending to do Setesh did not care much about.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-09 at 07:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576

Extricating her leg from the tentacle, Verateka emerged from the tank, slamming the hatch down with her now-freed leg. She looked at the Word Bearers and offered a wave. "I couldn't help overhearing -- you're laying claim to the spoils of this conflict, is that correct?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

"The human girl especially is ours." he says in a voice somewhat more emotional-sounding than it was probably meant to.
    -Me

8. - Top - End - #578

"Really?" She tilted her head to one side. "I wasn't aware you had anything to do with my bodyguard."

Spoiler
    Show
    Deceive check! For each DoS, she increases his disposition by one step. I presume he's at Suspicious.

(1d100)[34] v. 75

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

"The girl is ours. Clear the way now or join her in death."
    -Me

10. - Top - End - #580

"If you want to touch the body of my bodyguard, then duel me. How does that sound? I will not dishonor my darling Katria's memory by allowing her to be taken without any opposition."

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    19 Pen 4 Damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fffff-...let me see. I'm into -5 crits then.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh looked at Katria's body. "I fail to identify her as one of your own." he said as he turned his head to look at the Word Bearers. "I can see no reason why the mighty Word Bearers would want some random human girl, whom I assume is dead by now as well." Setesh remembered the code cylinder she had showed him before. It must be what they are after. But how would they knew she had it in the first place, he wondered. To them it would just look like some woman laying on the ground.

"But if you insist, I have no need for her body in this battlefield. But I have a force field here which I have to return, and at least pay my respects. Her grandfather was a friend of mine." He bent over her body and placed the refractor field on her bloodied chest as he took the code cylinder from out of view of the Astartes, using Katria's low silhouette being mostly obscured by the larger power armour-wearing Word Bearers who lay dead beside her.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-09 at 07:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

"And why would I do that? Besides, we only really want one thing from her. Just a little thing really. Of no importance to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Decieve: (1d100)[14] vs. 70
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #584

Verateka believed him.

"I don't doubt that. But what you will do, no matter your intentions, is defile her body. Come, face me. And if you will not, then show your true colors. You will not profane the sacrifice of this woman. As a follower of Lorgar, you should be capable of respecting that."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh mumbled something and walked away from the body. "She is all yours now. But of course, you still have the heretek to deal with. She seems very stubborn, I must say."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-09 at 07:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586

"My Lord, you would let these men take your prized bodyguard from you!?"

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

"This is getting truly tiresome, and we are pressed for time." the marine says, his voice now very different. "Get out of my way or else."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d100)[29] vs. 55
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #588

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Willpower, and then I'll write from there.

(1d100)[21] v. 42

If only I'd've spent an infamy point... oh well.

Verateka exhaled sharply. "Fine. My Lord has consented to let you touch her. Go and take your 'one thing' from her. But I ask that you treat her body gently. She showed a valiance that the Blood God would approve of."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-09 at 07:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

"I do not take orders from insolent mortals." he says rather dismissively.

He strides over to where Katria's body lies, examining the corpse in a tidy and efficient manner. After a bit, he simply turns and walks in a noticably stiffer way back to his men without a word. Or, at least any word you can hear. They proceed back the way they came without a sound.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #590

Verateka found his statement concerning mortality interesting. Once they left, she moved to examine the various bodies of the Marines they had killed. "++What did they take from her?++" she asked.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the WB goes ahead and searches the body. Taking some freedoms with the time he spends on it, but I can change that if it's inaccurate.

Edit: Though it seems I was a bit late.

Setesh watched the leader of the group walk past the heretek and toward Katria's body. Before he reached it, Setesh activated his comm leach with a sigil, intent on finding out what this was all about, or something interesting close by was happening. During the 20 or so seconds the Word Bearer searched her body, he observed him and listened to what was happning on the vox channels his comm leach was able to pick up.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-09 at 08:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh hears the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    *period of silence*

Commader's voice:"The package is not here."

???: "Acknowledged."

Commander: "Orders?"

???: "Rendevous at designated point. Initiate Protocol 3 Alpha Dash 1-2-9 Sigma."

Commander: "Acknowledged. Moving." The commander starts moving towards his men.

???: "For the Emperor."

Commander: "For the Emperor."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-09 at 08:16 PM.
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #593

Putting the three Legion Bolt Pistols in her backpack, Verateka investigated the power armour proper. She was looking for the subsystems that were located in each, trying to figure out what was going on. She had Bloxly come over to aid her in this.

In addition, she looked for anything else lootable. She'd probably take one of the Legion chainswords, if only as an interesting trophy. "++Well, if you won't answer me, will you at least help me drag these corpses into one of the buildings? I'll need some room to work... there may even be something in here that I can use to repair your armour, get some of those subsystems working again++."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The suits of armor all have Sustainable Power Source, Osmoic Gill Life Sustainer, and Vox Link.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Among the different vox channel chatter Setesh picks up with his comm leach, one captures his interest -- the seeming internal vox of the Word Bearers leader who had just searched Katria's body, assumably after the code cylinder Setesh just about had time to take from her. The "package" he assumed was the code cylinder, but he could not figure out where the destination they were talking about was located nor what the protocol mentioned meant. The thing that stood out the most was the last thing they had told eachother. "For the Emperor" was the common warcry of the Alpha Legion. Or loyalist Astartes. But the thought of someone of those within the Word Bearers was laughable.

Setesh remembered what the Night Lord had said during the eating aboard the Word Bearer vessel. He had mentioned some cult and the Alpha Legion could be involved. Setesh had disregarded his musings as those of a child who wanted attention, but the fact of the matter was it was entirely possible. He wanted to know more. Someone would know more. The seeming "leader" just now was out of his reach though, with all that support he had. And their destination was in the other direction of where he was intending to go. For now he would go over the events leading up to this point, and try to find clues and pieces to the pussle.

Setesh walked over to Katria's body again and took the refractor field he had placed on her chest. It was pointless to leave it here. "Atleast you can loot to your heart's content now, as that is what it seems you wanted."

Spoiler
    Show
    As a reply about dragging bodies:

"The armour needs some maintenance, and my skill is too poor for anything other than simple things. I believe I will take you up on your offer." Setesh remembered the question the heretek had asked before, when he was in deep thought. "++And they took nothing.++"
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-09 at 09:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elurindel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fffff-...let me see. I'm into -5 crits then.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll yonder +0 toughness test or face Blood Loss an' 1 permanent Toughness Damage. Whether ye succeed or fail, ye be sufferin' (1d5)[4] levels of fatigue, and are knocked prone.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-09 at 09:58 PM.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll yonder +0 toughness test or face Blood Loss an' 1 permanent Toughness Damage. Whether ye succeed or fail, ye be sufferin' (1d100)[93] levels of fatigue, and are knocked prone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Test for blood loss.(1d100)[93]

The bio-monitors in Slathissin's armour begin to whine as he finds himself on the losing end of the fight. Still, he was committed now, and panic would hopefully lend him the ability to get out of this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my last Infamy point for Killing Strike. WS 61+30 for All Out Attack, -10 for being Prone = 81
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-10 at 09:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #598

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d100)[96]
    Ifit hits, deals (1d10+13)[23] or (1d10+13)[23] pen 8, Concussive 2
    Well, crap. Looks like I'm burning Infamy
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-10 at 09:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599

For two hours she toiled, cracking the power armour of the dead marines open and removing the osmotic gill life sustainer components, stitching them together. Once complete, she removed her own light power armour and inserted it, cleansing the various machine spirits when necessary to prevent any corruption of her suit. Then she checked to make sure the atmospheric seal would cover the joints correctly, and once satisfied, put the armour back on. For an hour, Bloxly tended to Katria's body, commenting on the state of the human. Afterwards, Verateka sent him off to find additional supplies.

As she put her armour on, a murder servitor and a mechanical dog entered the building, carrying with them a scrap code generator and a suit of synskin. After a brief moment of connection and processing, she determined their identification: Riptide and Grag. Good. They responded well to her mental connection, and she was able to sync their processors with hers. While on their own the two weren't capable of calculating 1+1, the hardware existed within them to process data. With her software, it was a major boon to have them nearby.

Moving over, she saw Katria's eyes move slightly. Kneeling, the heretek brushed the assassin's hair out of her face. "Katria, don't be alarmed. Take deep breaths. You have been exposed to some sort of mutagenic field, and have suffered horrific injuries. Try to stay still -- Bloxly's medicae skills aren't so great that he could simply repair you on his own."

Where was that skull? she wondered to herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bloxly's Medicae Checks:

(1d100)[22] v. 30
    (1d100)[27] v. 30
    (1d100)[77] v. 30
    (1d100)[6] v. 30
    (1d100)[77] v. 30
    (1d100)[88] v. 30
    (1d100)[95] v. 30
    (1d100)[41] v. 30
    (1d100)[79] v. 30
    (1d100)[36] v. 30

Each success will heal Katria one point. If she goes from being Critical/Heavily Wounded, it will heal her 3 points per success.

EDIT: Bloxly was only able to heal 3 wounds.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-10 at 10:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria blinked slowly, her skin now a faintly glimmering iridiscent, dotted with small scales that glittered slightly. "What.. what? Zasz is.." She coughs slightly. "I can't move. I need to move."