New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

"If you try to move now, you will never move again," Verateka said in a matter-of-fact tone. "You are lucky to be alive. It is remarkable that you are. But you haven't been left unscathed by this miracle, Katria. Can you remember my name?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Verateka." Katria wet her lips slightly in an effort to speak, her voice hoarse. "Where's Setesh? There were the marines, and blades. Too slow.. Zasz would tell me off.."

3. - Top - End - #603

"Setesh appears to be elsewhere. Good, your mental faculties haven't degraded too greatly. Who is Zasz, Katria?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Him. My grandfather." She blinks, water glistening in her eyes. "Dead. And now I'm broken. I can't move, or walk, or fight." Katria draws in her breath sharply, and then scrabbles weakly at the ground, trying to push herself up in growing desperation.

5. - Top - End - #605

Verateka put a gentle hand to her shoulder, trying to restrain her. Riptide and Grag came over as well, prepared to lend their new master their strength. "Katria, be calm. You're in a great deal of pain. Struggling will make what you just said true -- but at the moment, you have an excellent chance of being able to move, walk, fight and kill once more. You are fixable. We will make you whole. But you must be calm."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria became very, very still, her face set and showing a mix of fear and anger, in large part due to how helpless she was. She fell silent, eyes closing.

7. - Top - End - #607

"Thank you, Katria. Now, we will see about getting you proper treatment. Bloxly was only able to perform so much first aid -- you'll need longer care. The men who hurt you are dead. I took the liberty of using your sword--" the utility mechadendrite took the Frozen Shard from the ground and held it horizontal for Katria to see, "-- in order to take your vengeance. Setesh proved the executioner, but my field was able to blind them. I believe the Word Bearers will shoot us if we return to the drop zone before the temple has been obtained, however."

It was a difficult situation. With her in this crippled state, there wasn't a chance Katria would be of any use. But at the same time, returning to get treatment would only get a bullet to the forehead.

"++Setesh, do you have your internal vox active?++"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

The marine towers over Slathissin's prone form. "Death to the foes of Lorgar!" he roars triumphantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Swift Attack:

(1d100)[79] vs. 75

Blademaster (if needed):

(1d100)[89] vs. 75

Bolt pistol:

(1d100)[7] vs. 55

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    15 Pen 4 damage. That puts you at -8 on the criticals. Burn infamy and accept corruption for failure or roll up a new character.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-10 at 11:07 AM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh slit the throat of his last remaining slave with his peculiarly shaped ritual knife adorned with chaos markings of the Lord of Lies, the other having died from stray bolter fire, he had prepared as a sacrifice in a ritual to highten the manifestation of one of his psychic powers. As the blood left the slave's body, it swirled around on the ground in a strange spiral-like shape in the middle of the circle. Setesh manifested the power at his highest capabilities through the dying victim, pushing himself beyond the limit which he normally stay within, with the slave's body all of a sudden being consumed in blue iridescent warpfire shooting out several meters around him. That did not faze Setesh though, his armour protecting him. He could feel his body's reflexes and speed had taken new heights he had not experienced before this day, something which would have been welcome just before as he might had been able to save Katria from being struck down.

He had just stood up from the now dead victim of his sacrifice to the Lord of Magic when Verateka's voice reached him on his internal vox. "++Yes, I have.++"
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-10 at 11:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610

"++Katria is awake++."

11. - Top - End - #611

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    The marine towers over Slathissin's prone form. "Death to the foes of Lorgar!" he roars triumphantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Swift Attack:

(1d10+10)[13] vs. 75

Blademaster (if needed):

[roll1] vs. 75

Bolt pistol:

[roll2] vs. 55

Edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    15 Pen 4 damage. That puts you at -8 on the criticals. Burn infamy and accept corruption for failure or roll up a new character.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll burn Infamy. I'm not ready to let this character die yet, no matter how stacked these encounters have been so far.
    (1d10+10)[13]

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh was surprised. He had not personally checked her vitals, not bothering with such blatant things. If she survived she did so on her own accord or through the intervention of one of the Dark Gods. But his surprise was a relief, at the same time. He had taken a liking to her, she having amused him with her antics. "++Good. I am coming.++"

Setesh walked to and into the building where Verateka had worked with the power armours of the slewn Word Bearers, his movements unnaturally fluid. "I am pleased you did not perish, girl." he told Katria, with a faint smile of relief on his lips. "I borrowed this from you to slay the ones who cut you down." He tossed the force field he had taken before to her, landing on her chest where he had found it.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-10 at 11:41 AM. Reason: seems the change had not set in yet, removed line about it

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

As if to make matters worse for Katria, the gods choose this particular moment to make their displeasure at her failure known. Her flesh melts and flows like wax, an extremely agonizing sensation indeed. When it finally stops, several minutes later, she bears the hideous countanence of a disgusting beetle.
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #614

"She requires additional medical attention. More than I am capable of rendering at this location. However, if we return to the drop zone, we'll be killed by the Word Bearers. Suggestions?"

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria had stared at the force field with a wan smile.

Then the changes hit and as realisation started, she began to scream her lungs out.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elurindel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll burn Infamy. I'm not ready to let this character die yet, no matter how stacked these encounters have been so far.
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You must also roll 1d10 corruption. If you get a mutation, it cannot be modified by your infamy bonus.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #617

That was unexpected.

"It would appear Tzeentch has become displeased with you, Katria. There may be some ritual to reverse this -- and if that's not possible, I am familiar with cybernetics which would adequately mask the countenance you have assumed," Verateka said in a level voice, attempting to restrain Katria. Grag moved near her head, preparing to knock her out if need be. "This is nothing. It is another small fracture to be fixed. You must remain calm, Katria."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"I'll give you ****ing calm! They've ****ing torn me ****ing apart, you stupid ****** *****!"
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-10-10 at 11:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #619

"And that is regrettable. But ultimately, this is fixable. Your skin can be reformed, the facial alterations can be replaced by a simple cybernetic, the limbs can be returned to their natural appearance by means of bionic replacements. This is fixable, Katria. But if you flail about and sever your innards, you will be of use to no one and will die here in this misshapen form. Is that what you desire?"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Setesh! Get her away from me!" Katria continued to yell out, clearly in no state for rational thought with what had been happening.

21. - Top - End - #621

Verateka continued her restraint. "You are smart enough to realize, Setesh, that she will injure herself irreparably if she flails around. If you wish to force me from saving her body -- and thus, comply with her will -- you may do so. But it would be best if that were not the case."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elurindel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You gain (1d10)[2] corruption.

Slathissin blacks out as a bolt punches into his chest.

Setesh, Katria, and Verateka hear a loud *thump* from behind them. When they look, they find a marine in sloppily-painted black armor with long bat wings growing from his back laying unconcious on the ground with several bolt wounds in his chest.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-10 at 11:48 AM.
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #623

Without Bloxly, Verateka couldn't perform any medicae at all. "Who is our new guest?" she asked levelly, still attempting to keep Katria from harming herself. "Unless you intend to remove me from the assassin, would you mind seeing to the new arrival, Setesh?"

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Before thumping sounds and stuff:

As the Changer of Ways' agonizing blessing started its work on her body, Setesh was not surprised at all. It felt as if he had known all along that it would transpire at this moment. She took bestial traits. Her failure must have been greater than he had thought, to suffer such detriments to her body. He did not attribute her a khornate, as they might appreciate such a blessing -- not really using the thing called 'thinking' anyway.

"It would seem that way, yes, heretek." He tried to figure out the exact changes Katria had sustained. "I am not sure my powers would be sufficient to reverse the effects of something like this. I am not my Lord of Sorcery." He paused. "I can however attempt to lessen your sustained injuries, if that would be acceptable. No need for bionics and the like." Setesh felt a little to blame for Katria's near-death. It was on his watch she had fallen. It was the least he could do to restore his honour. Not that honour was important to him. But it was to Zasz. He was not heartless.

Spoiler
    Show
    After Slathy enters:

"And it would seem more than you need assistance."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-10 at 11:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625

"If you cannot reverse the mutation from the God Tzeentch, then the cybernetics will still be required to return her to the form of a human, Setesh."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria finally stopped yelling and struggling against Verateka, curling up and starting to sob.

27. - Top - End - #627

Verateka had once understood compassion on some level. She reengaged those subroutines and pulled Katria into a hug, Grag and Riptide still prepared to react if need be. "It's going to be alright, Katria. We're going to make you better. Just let it out, it's okay... your auntie is here for you."

It had been a term she was given a... long, long time ago. It seemed fitting here.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

"That is not my choice to make." he replied simply as he walked up to Katria's newly changed body and laid his hand on her chest. To prevent a potential case of a backlash from the recently lively warp powers that had changed her body, Setesh manifested his power of biomancy at a lowered and safe level, trying to mend Katria's damaged tissue, unbreak her bones and knit her flesh together as best as he could manage at this power output.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action, Fettered, Unnatural Healing, +0 Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[5] vs 90 (success on <91)
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-10 at 12:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You must also roll 1d10 corruption. If you get a mutation, it cannot be modified by your infamy bonus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[3] And actually I can. It's the benefit of remaining Unaligned.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria raises a tear stained face, her expression set after the comfort from Verateka and the chance to let some of the anguish out. "This galaxy's twisted me enough. I serve and do what I should, and it just gets worse. Everytime.

Enough.

Setesh, can you get that lump up?" She indicates the winged Astartes. "We get what we can, take a shuttle and go. Then we make our own rules and start taking what we can, instead of what we get given."

She raises and stretches as he heals her damaged flesh back together, huffing. "Better.."
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-10-10 at 12:08 PM.