New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Grag took no damage from the autoguns, and once Setesh had made his attack, the pair began to charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grag's Charge
    (1d100)[35] v. 95
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[5] + 10, Pen 7
    (1d10)[2] + 10, Pen 7

If under 75:
    (1d10)[10] + 10, Pen 7

If under 55:
    (1d10)[2] + 10, Pen 7

If under 35:
    (1d10)[5] + 10, Pen 7

If under 15:
    (1d10)[5] + 10, Pen 7

He has a power weapon and is swift attacking, so he will deal 5+2*DoS magnitude damage, presuming I actually roll well. At least, I think that's right -- you get 1 magnitude damage per 2 DoS, swift attack is 1 attack + 1/2DoS, and then there's the 1 from Power Attacks. Watupwithdat, if you'd be so kind, please double check for me.

Verateka's Charge
    (1d100)[25] v. 85
    Spoiler
    Show
    If under 65, (1d10)[9]/2 + 3, Pen 2. Probably won't hurt them.
    If under 45, (1d10)[7]/2 + 3, Pen 2. Probably won't hurt them.
    If under 25, (1d10)[5]/2 + 3, Pen 2. Probably won't hurt them.
    If under 5, (1d10)[8]/2 + 3, Pen 2. Probably won't hurt them.

EDIT: I won't lie. I'm a little surprised.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-10-18 at 12:04 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

The cultists were many, but hardly well-trained or well-equipped. As Setesh swung the subtly cackling Vra'tzaen with calm abandon, tearing and cutting through cultists left and right, and the daemon weapon lighting up in multi-coloured warpfires as the sorcerer channeled his will through the weapon, he made his way through the mob of fanatic cultists throwing themselves at Vra'tzaen just wanting to be sacrificed to the Lord of Lies. All of whom were moving in slow-motion to him, due to his hightened speed and senses. "If you are so eager, I shall indulge." he said, and started mumbling ritualistic verses to the Changer of Ways as he slaughtered his newfound sacrifices.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action Aim
    Half Action Swift Attack:
    (1d100)[7] vs 100 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 aim, +30 size)
    Unnatural Weapon Skill (7) adds +4 DoS.
    14 DoS.
    7 hits (which all should do some damage).

Potential Killing Will in OOC.

Total magnitude damage: 20.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 02:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

The cultists, their will to fight broken, run screaming in all directions.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Now that the cultists are gone, it seems to be a relatively straight uphill climb to he temple, with little standing in the way.

Katria makes it up the last few meters. She stands before an enormous pair of very thick-looking doors, embroidered with countless images of daemons, Chaos, and Lorgar.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The insect tilts her head back to look up, grins, and then raises her wrist to reveal the grapnel strapped to her arm. With a quiet pffft, she fires the line from it upwards and around one of the many gargoyles decroating the cathedral.

Feet braced on the wall, she begins to 'walk' upwards as the line goes taut and makes her way towards one of the lower windows.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Katria makes it to one of the windows without much difficulty.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Taking a hold, she scrambles up and through the window, landing in a crouch and shrouded within her camo cloak as she looks around and takes in her surrondings.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

The window is shut.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #759

Slathissin comes back to take a look, seeing if together they can find a way into the Cathedral, paying close attention to the gargoyles, lest they come to life and attack.

10. - Top - End - #760

Verateka and Grag moved up towards the Cathedral proper, her utility mechadendrite returning to its coiled state. It was upsetting about Riptide, but she had surmised the inappropriate venting system would burst if the plasma was slightly disturbed. The bullets from the now-dead or fleeing cultists must have jostled the plasma inappropriately, leading to his incineration. No matter. She would simply build a new one soon enough.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria gives a small shrug of her shoulders, clambers to be beside the window and out of view should anyone decide to start shooting through it in a liberal fashion, and applies her power sword to whatever passes for its hinges.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

The hinges on the window come off easily enough. The window begins to lean against Katria.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria moves down a little bit to let it open fully and then tosses a smoke grenade through, on the premise that if anyone's there they've already noticed the opening window and cover is good, and that if nobody's there, they're not around to spot the smoke.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Several voices start shouting as the smoke covers Katria's entrance.

"What the hell?"

"They're here early!"

"They're not supposed to be here yet!"

"Kill them, you incompetents!"

A grenade comes flying through the smoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    It automatically misses, so I'm rolling scatter.

(1d5)[3]

Edit: The blast hits Katria.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-18 at 10:13 AM.
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

After the explosion, Katria flows through the window and into the smoke. She doesn't stay to enjoy the party that's sure to begin when it clears, instead quickly moving down the corridor while chaos still fills the air, scurrying within the protection of her trusty, albeit tattered, cloak.

16. - Top - End - #766

Slathissin puts his ear to the wall. "Hmm. This cathedral must run below the earth. I detect footsteps beneath the ground, about a dozen Astartes, maybe other humans." he relays to his comrades via commbead.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Katria finds herself in a long, open corridor, with several doors branching off to the side. Even as the smoke clouds their vision, four Word Bearers are opening up with their bolters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Actions: Aim

Half Actions: Standard Attack

(1d100)[35] vs. 45

(1d100)[64] vs. 45

(1d100)[8] vs. 45

(1d100)[10] vs. 45

-Me

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh had been leading the way up to the temple after he slaughtered his way through the mob of cultists, using this opportunity of no particular resistance.

"++Status Katria?++" he voxed out, not sure where the human girl was. It was possible she had joined the battle somewhere else, or that she was already at the temple. He wanted to find out.

While the rest of the independants and Word Bearers were cautious in climbing the hill, Setesh was in stride, filled with motivation and devotion to the Lord of Lies, intent that he could handle the task set out for him and finding out what was transpiring there to share with Tzeentch. He made it up to the temple and looked for hostiles and potential entrances and points of interest.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness test: (1d100)[1] vs 55
    Psyniscience test: (1d100)[87] vs 55 (warpsight should be going crazy due to all reactions to all the daemons and psychic powers around him, so he'd try to see what there was more specifically at this locale, and under the hill)
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 11:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #769

Slathissin shook his head, growling. More of the Word Bearer scum down there. She may not be Astartes, but katria was standing with him, and that made her brotherhood right now. He could not stand idly by and listen to her be cut down. Silently, swiftly, he flew in through the window after her, paying no heed to the smoke as he swooped down upon one of them. No foolish battlecries or challenges. They wouldn't know he was there until they heard the crack of ceramite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Roll, 60+20 for camo cloak, +10 for smoke, +30 with Stummer (1d100)[48] vs 90/100, barring modifiers.
    Raptor Hammer Blow to one of the Word Bearers. WS= 61+30 for Unaware target, +30 for All Out Attack, +20 for Charging, +10 for having Higher Ground = EWS 151 (1d100)[72] vs 151.
    (7 DoS, which means I can replace one of the damage dice with a 7, which I will do with the second Raptor d10)
    If it hits, deals 1d10+15 damage (1d10+15)[22] pen 5, Concussive 2. Raptor also allows another 1d10 per 2DoS on the charge:
    Second d10 (1d10)[1] and third (1d10)[7]
    Total of 36 damage, pen 5 and so on.
    Furious Assault allows a second attack with the same modifiers
    (1d100)[20] vs 151
    Deals (1d10+15)[25] damage, Pen 5, Concussive 2.
    Target needs 2 Toughness tests vs stunning at -20, and is knocked prone. Zealous Hatred to the head with the second strike. Probably redundant at this point though
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-18 at 11:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh sees two entrances to the temple: the enormous double doors at the front, and a side entrance obviously meant for slaves and other such other unworthies. Neither have obvious exterior guards. He can see four Astartes vaguely through the smoke pouring out of one window, shooting at something. Suddenly, Slathissin swoops through the smoking window at the Word Bearers.

The Word Bearer bearing has a chance to scream before he is pounded into a meaty paste on Slathissin's fists.

Two of the Word Bearers can reach Slathissin. One cannot, due to the narrowness of the hallway and his brothers blocking the way. All three toss aside bolters and draw chainswords.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Actions: Aim

Half Actions: Standard Attack

(1d100)[14] vs. 65

(1d100)[76] vs. 65
    -Me

21. - Top - End - #771

Verateka and Grag moved towards the double doors, attempting to find a way to open them from the outside. Any sort of information port would do.

"++Our 'allies' will be here shortly. If we wish to claim any prizes from within, we must do so before they arrive++."

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

The large doors would be more convenient, but there was little surprise in going through the front doors. The idea of the window and the smoke seemed more fitting. And the sorcerer assumed the Night Lord would need some help, either way. He started climbing to reach the window but quickly realized this was not a task for him and his power armour. He abandoned the thought and went for the doors instead, trying to open them up and go through and see what the inside of the temple might hold.

Spoiler
    Show

Climb test: (1d100)[84] vs 50
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 12:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

The double doors swing open easily enough. Setesh sees a vast cathedral, with room for thousands and thousands of Astartes and humans alike. Holy scripture and portraits are everywhere, many of them holographic. Stunning images of the Holy Primarch, of daemons, of those of the Legion ascended to daemonhood, of battles and crusades against the hated Imperium adorn the walls and ceiling. In an alcove near the opposite end of the hall, what looks to be a floating sphere floats in between two pillars, projecting the high-quality holographic images that give this place much of its grandeur. Out of the corner of his eye, Setesh spies a marine in blue-green armor with a hydra on his right shoulder slipping away into a side passage.

However, Setesh's immediate attention is more directed towards the figure standing not so very far away. A heretical Word Bearer, adorned in armor coated from head-to-toe in glowing holy scripture, with countless piece of human skin parchment dangling off of him, a dark reflection of the purity seals of the loyalists.

"So," he says, staring straight at Setesh. "You are the first of the infidels to reach me here. Therefore, you will be the first to die by my blades." He draws a power sword and power axe, flicking them on. He sinks into a guarded stance. "I am Commander Lamentiron, son of Holy Lorgar Aurelian, the Urizen, the Ascended, the Bearer of the Word. If you would defile and pillage this temple with your unclean hands, then you must get through me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Meet the boss. And, before you ask, he is within Setesh's charge range.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #774

Slathissin leaps backwards, seeing that they had discarded their bolters. He swoops upwards away from their chainswords, but not so high that he isn't out of the smoke, and throws a firebomb into the mass of the Word Bearers.

Spoiler
    Show
    BS = 28+5 for Compact, +10 for single shot, +10 for height advantage, +10 for short range(1d100)[57] vs 63/
    If it scatters, it moves in direction (1d10)[4] (1d5)[4] meters.
    If it hits anybody, it deals 1d10+3 (1d10+3)[5] damage, pen 6. Anybody hit must take an Agility test or catch fire.
    Also, a Stealth test while hiding in the smoke vs 90/100 as per before. (1d100)[87]

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearers' armor shields them from the worst of the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Agility:

(1d100)[49] vs. 45

(1d100)[15] vs. 45

(1d100)[61] vs. 45

Perception:

(1d100)[6] vs. 45

(1d100)[93] vs. 45

(1d100)[50] vs. 45

Edit: End result is that #1 is on fire, and also the only one who sees Slathissin.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-18 at 02:25 PM.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

The two Word Bearers who are not on fire opt to draw bolt pistols and back up, taking care to stay out of melee range with each other.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #777

Grag charged forward, powerful mechanical legs propelling him in a brutal charge towards the Word Bearer Champion.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Lamentiron's force field absorbs the bulk of the attacks, and his blade expertly catches the last of them. He snorts. "You'll have to do better than that, defilers."

He unleashes a withering rain of blows on Grag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Lightning Attack (Power Sword)

(1d100)[86] vs. 55

Swift Attack (Power Axe)

(1d100)[21] vs. 65

The rapid blows smash through Grag's armor and pulp his electronics. He falls to the ground, dead and smoking.

Lamentiron looks at Setesh and Verateka and says, in a very smug voice, "Next."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-18 at 04:20 PM.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #779

The Night Lord flapped his wings, having found momentum again, he bombed down at the next Word Bearer, using his terrible momentum to bring his fists down with sickening cracks upon the wretched profligate.

Spoiler
    Show
    All Out Hammer Blow Charge, WS = 61+30 for All Out, +20 for charge, +10 for vantage point, and the target is Unaware, which would drive it higher, but it means this next attack cannot be Evaded. (1d100)[90] vs 121
    If it hits, deals 1d10+15, Pen 5, Concussive 2. (1d10+15)[19]
    And if I get extra damage from Raptor, here's extra d10's
    (1d10)[6]
    [roll]1d10[roll]
    Plus the second attack for Furious Assault:
    (1d100)[29] vs 121, deals (1d10+15)[16] damage, Pen 5 Concussive 2.

See OOC
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-18 at 04:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

"I shall be sure to share that with the Changer of Ways, then." Setesh replied as the mechanical hound charged and subsequently was struck down. The sorcerer did not charge like the hound however, and instead reached into the mind of the Word Bearer and tried to bend the 'holy' warrior's will. "That attack looked dangerous. Do the same thing to yourself." he ordered the Word Bearer.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Compel on the Word Bearer to use Lightning Attack + Swift Attack on himself, he gets +20 on opposed test to resist as it's suicidal.
    Half Action, Fettered, Compel, -10 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[75] vs 90
    Using 1 infamy point to add 1 DoS.
    Total 4 DoS.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-18 at 04:41 PM.