New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Since you're converging on Setesh's location, roll stealth.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Will do. Effective Agility is 60+20 vs sight with Camo Cloak, +30 vs hearing with Stummer, and now I have two of them I can activate one and leave the other charging. (1d100)[29] vs 80/90

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin is able to catch up to Setesh in the cramped tunnel. However, it is far too narrow a low for him to fly in. When he scans the room ahead with he abused, he detects at least six people present within it.
    -Me

4. - Top - End - #874

The Night Lord ensures that he sends Setesh a vox pulse to let him know that he is coming up to his position, so as to not be alarmed at his arrival. He looks at the auspex, trying to determine if the six people present are human ore Astartes, reasoning that the energy signatures would be larger in the case of brothers like him.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Five seem to be Astartes, one human. Three Astartes of the Alpha Legion are visible in the room from the closest position of stealth. The room itself is very well lit and compact, so hiding within it would be almost impossible.
    -Me

6. - Top - End - #876

Rather than move in just yet, Slathissin slows his breathing, listening to see if these Alpha Legionnaires have anything important to discuss amongst one another.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

They are pouring over some sort of display. However, they appear to be communicating in some kind of sign language.
    -Me

8. - Top - End - #878

++Course of action?++ Slathissin asks Setesh. He was confident he could kill maybe two of them, but without the advantage of his wings he felt vulnerable without backup.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Somehow the Night Lord had managed to find the sorcerer in the secret tunnel. "++Patience. We will observe for now.++" It would serve no purpose to rush in now, having to fight and probably kill all of them. It would be better if they waited until they left and potentially splintered, so they could capture one of them, or the human. Then Setesh could rip information from their mind to find out what they had been signing eachother. He could feel the hunger in the back of his mind.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-25 at 04:45 AM.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

The human turns out to be a plain, unassuming woman in a jumpsuit. Nothing particularly stands out about her, that she should be here.

One of the Alpha Legionarres that is not at the table comes to stand near the entrance, facing outwards and staring, but not directly at Setesh of Slahissin. Apparently at least. The helmet makes it hard to tell exactly where he's looking.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #881

Slathissin bunches his corded muscles, the fibres of his power armour whining imperceptibly through the sound-nullifying effects of the Stummer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to run in the opposite direction if spotted.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

He turns his back and makes some more gestures. You're not sure what he means, but the three that were pouring over the display suddenly break off and start packing things up.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Either they had noticed the sorcerer and Night Lord, or they may have realized the temple had been occupied. Whatever the reason, they were starting to move, which meant he needed to spring to action. Setesh had a difficult choice to make now. He needed his subject restrained, or atleast incapacitated, to perform a deep thought probe. There were four Astartes to deal with, not counting the human serf. There was no doubt he would be able to handle them all by himself, assuming they did not all have advanced force fields at their disposal. "++Either they have noticed us or they are retreating as the temple has been overrun. I need atleast one of the Astartes alive to interrogate. You handle the one closest to us and I will take care of the three others. Aim for unconsciousness rather than death. The serf you may eliminate. Engage.++"

Spoiler
    Show
    Elu: That means stun attacks I guess? Or whatever it is you do to make people go unconscious from too much fatigue. Should be easier with unarmed attacks I suppose.

Are we doing a suprise round first due to charging in and then rolling initiative, or?
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-28 at 07:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can see four Astartes (three near the table and one at the door) and Slathissin's auspex says there are four, plus the human woman, who looks completely ordinary. In fact, one might say she looks positively unremarkable.

And yes, you would get a surprise round.
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #885
    Pixie in the Playground

As the temple fills with Astartes and humans alike a particular Corsair detaches himself from the gathering. He strolls down a corridor with his heavy flamer pointed at the low ready in front of him. As he walks down the hall searching for rooms to clear and loot faint grumblings can be heard.
    "It's going to be a simple boarding action they said! There will be plenty of plunder and ships they said! Ha! You expect me to take frigates and cruisers with a small attack filled with a mere fifty slaves and substandard pilots! Ha! When I get my hands on you Gerhardt!!! Ahhhh!" Malek begins kicking detrius down the hallway in frustration

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: [roll]1d100[/roll] vs 53

Roll in ooc....
    Last edited by tko540; 2012-10-28 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Die rolling

16. - Top - End - #886

++Consider it done.++ Slathissin nods. He feels the familiar excitement of combat building, like caged lightning in the very marrow of his alloyed skeleton. He bounds forward under the cover of their surprise as his effortless silence, the blows of his fists only partially audible under the cover of the Stummer device masking his movements.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS is 61+20 for an Unaware target, +30 for an Unaware target,+20 for charging and +30 for All Out. Maximum I can get is +60, so my WS will be 121.
    (1d100)[6] vs 121 and (1d100)[73] for Furious Assault.
    Deals (1d10+15)[20] and (1d10+15)[16] damage, Pen 5, Concussive 2
    12 DoS on my first roll, so I can substitute the first damage die with a 10. Don't know if you'll let that be a ZH or not. 5 DoS on the other, so I can substitute with a 5, making it 25 and 20 damage on the dice. Target takes 2 levels of Fatigue and needs two tests vs stunning at -20, and -10 to all tests for Fatigue.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-28 at 08:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

After the Night Lord started his charge Setesh begun charging as well, but towards the group of two Alpha Legionnaires near the human. With his warp-enchanced speed he quickly passed the Night Lord and the lone Astartes before Slathissin had made contact. A moment later as he reached them, with a silent Vra'tzaen held in his hand, he unleashed a flurry of frightful blows at them both with the intent of dispatching them quickly so he could have the last Astartes as his live subject. Setesh wanted to rip out all which contained in his mind. He longed for it.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Action Charge Swift Attack:
    (1d100)[2] vs 110 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +30 unaware, +20 charging)
    Unnatural Weapon Skill (7) adds +4 DoS.
    Total 15 DoS.

Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[2](21) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[3](22) or (1d10+19)[1](20) for 3 DoS [replace with DoS (assuming it's capped at 10 as it's a 1d10 weapon, and a ZH if going by "DoS > 9 = ZH" rule), 29 damage.]
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[3](22) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[10](29) for 9 DoS
    +3 in OOC.

Let's say split even between them, 4/4 spread.

Assuming no reactions for Evasion due to unaware and no fields, they should probably be dead, their deaths rather silent depending on how much the stummer muffles the sound of they getting sliced and teared asunder.

Initiative: 19
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-28 at 11:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Malek hears the sound of something crunching down the hallway.

Setesh's swings and psychic attacks lay both men low before they can do anything.

Setesh's blow slam into the Legionarre.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness tests: (1d100)[3] vs. 15

(1d100)[45] vs. 15
    -Me

19. - Top - End - #889
    Pixie in the Playground

Malek stops is grumbling as a new sounds passes through his sensors. A predatory smile crosses his lips. "Preysight," he whispers. His helm reacts to the command filling his vision with the thermal spectrum. He hooks the Heavy flammer to a sling on his armors webbing and switches over to his bolter. He increases his pace down the hallway toward the din. In the back of his mind a whisper urges him forward, "Prey! Enemies! War! Plunder! Flesh! Burn!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Action Run and another Awareness test (1d100)[48] vs 73

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh noticed the Night Lord had slammed into the first Astartes, and seemed to have it under control. Which was favourable for him, or why else would the sorcerer keep him around? Maybe he could manage to actually keep him alive as well, Setesh thought. There was the last Astartes and the human left. The human was bound to know less than the Alpha Legionnaire, and he did not have time to try to restrain the human somehow, so he had made the easy choice in a split second. He charged the human, who by now should have noticed the unnaturally fast and frightful sorcerer, leaving an afterimage where he had slaughtered the two Astartes.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[6] vs 80 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +20 charge)

Lots of hits! I'll delve into it closer if it turns out he can survive the first hit.

Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[8](27) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[4](23) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[4](23) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[6](25) for 9 DoS

Edit: Hum, 3xZH? Interesting.

Potential Killing Will in OOC.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-30 at 12:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

The woman moves with surprising agility to avoid Setesh's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[77] vs. 85

However, she proves not to be agile enough and is cut down.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-30 at 02:14 AM.
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #892

Slathissin kneels over the prone, stunned Alpha Legionnaire. disconnecting the Astartes' helmet from the familiar catches, easing it off with a hiss. He chuckles as he looks down at the dazed fool.
    ++Setesh, beware there are at least two more Alpha Legion present.++

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

The helmet comes off, revealing a perfectly nondescript face free of blemish or mutation.

The Alpha Legionarre who is not on the ground hesitates briefly, as though listening to something. Then, he charges screaming at Slathissin, bolt pistol and roaring chainsword in hand.

"For the Emperor!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Attack: (1d100)[37] vs. 85

Bolt Pistol: (1d100)[49] vs. 45
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-30 at 07:15 PM.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

As Setesh cut the human down the Night Lord mentioned there were atleast two more Astartes present. He did not figure the Night Lord was dumb enough to point out what the sorcerer could already see, which meant there was one or two other hostiles nearby. Setesh remembered that he had seen Slathissin use an an auspex before, and those are able to pick up lifesigns through walls. That would explain it, he thought.

Just when Setesh was about to deal with the Alpha Legionnaire he had assumed was the last, the Astartes suddenly charged the Night Lord. Not that the Tzeentchian sorcerer had any issues with that. His comm leach didn't pick up any vox as to inform anyone of their encounter either.

Now Setesh just had to decide on how to incapacitate the Astartes so he could extract what he wanted, all which were contained in their minds. If Slathissin's information was correct, there was still atleast three alive. Another death was acceptable, he thought, and with his frightening speed he charged the one who was too afraid to attack him just now.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[76] vs 80 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +20 charge, +10 for ganging up if it's 2v1 as one of them is stunned?)

5 DoS/3 hits no matter if the ganging up bonus applies or not.

(1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[10](29) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[3](22) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[6](25) or (1d10+19)[3](22) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[4](23) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[4](23) or (1d10+19)[6](25) for 9 DoS

Potential Killing Will in OOC.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-30 at 11:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

The marine brings up his own sword to defend himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[33] vs. 65

Setesh's blade catches on the Astartes' doing no damage.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-10-30 at 11:32 PM.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #896

Slathissin growled angrily as the minion of Alpharius lunged to attack him. Still, the Sorceror knew the value of sticking together, so now he looked to tackle the Alpha Legionnaire who had hoped to take him down.
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll]Hammer Blow Furious Assault. WS is 61+30 for All Out, +10 for Ganging Up WS101, Barring no other modifiers:
    (1d100)[19] vs 101 9 DoS
    (1d100)[36] vs 101 7DoS

Rolling damage:
    (1d10+15)[24]
    (1d10+15)[19]
    Replacing the second damage roll with a 7, for a total of 24 and 22 damage, Pen 5, Concussive 2. Target takes 2 levels of fatigue, is knocked prone and needs the usual Toughness tests.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-31 at 07:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

The marine topples to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[98] vs. 15

(1d100)[33] vs. 15
    -Me

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh and Slathissi hear footsteps coming from the opposite tunnel at the same time as Setesh feels someone drawing on the power of the Warp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfettered Force Storm: (1d100)[47] vs. 105 (+30 Psy Rating, +10 Psy Focus, +5 Psychic Hood, -10 WP test)

Targeting Setesh.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh instinctually tried to nullify the telekinetic power used upon him, but his manifestation failed him this instance. It would seem his forcefield did not however, as several bolts of force were absorbed in several blinding flashes no doubt affecting the Astartes the Night Lord had removed the helmet from previously. Then something horrible happened. His field overloaded, and a few bolts connected. Setesh was not happy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaction, Fettered, Psychic Hood Nullification, +0 Willpower Focus test (1d100)[98] vs 100
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-31 at 12:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

With a now useless forcefield and already taking a lot of punishment from an enemy so far away, Setesh did not have many obvious alternatives. He would assumably have an upperhand in melee, but for that he would need to close in and the sorcerer were too far away to be charged. "++Verateka, I need repair assistance with an overloaded field.++", Setesh voxed the heretek and gave brief instructions on the route to go as he swiftly ran towards the hostile sorcerer, reaching him a moment later.

Spoiler
    Show

Infamy point to recover wounds: (1d5)[4]
    Full Action Run, 60m into melee with the hostile sorcerer.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-10-31 at 01:52 PM.