New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

The sorcerer is an Alpha Legionarre in armor that is identical to the rest of them. No Warp charms, no elaborate carvings, no bizarre fetishes. He has an equally plain looking sword in his right hand. Though Setesh cannot see his face under his helmet, he seems to be radiating nonchalance, as if the whole thing doesn't bother him in the slightest.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kneeling over his helmetless victim, the Night Lord grinned. "Now, where was I?" he chuckles, clapping the Legionnaire around the head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stun attack. WS61-20+20 for Stunned target, +20 for Prone victim = 81
    (1d100)[34] vs 81
    Rolling for Str (1d10+10)[12]
    My opponent needs to roll 1d10+TB. For every point I win by he's stunned for another round. In addition he takes a level of fatigue.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-10-31 at 02:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh hears heavy footsteps moving rapidly behind him.

"For the Emperor!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Attack (Power Sword): (1d100)[16] vs. 90

Plasma Pistol: (1d00)[1] vs. 45
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-01 at 09:03 AM.
    -Me

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Even as the power sword buries itself in Setesh's back, the sorcerer takes a swing with his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Standard Attack

(1d100)[96] vs. 75
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

It would seem the Alpha Legion sorcerer had brought friends to ambush Setesh, as he found out when he recieved a power sword in his back. With his conversion field down and taking some punishment already, this was an issue. This situation was one he needed to handle this with brains, and not just mindless slaughter like some Khornate berserker. For a split second the Thousand Sons sorcerer looked inward into his mind, intent on going through different possibilities and potential tactics to employ. But he found something there he did not remember having fully learnt or manifested before, in one of the fragments from his strange experience before during the burning of the cultists at the base of the hill. Now he had a plan.

As Setesh once again focused on his surroundings he let Vra'tzaen loose on his foes flanking him, but nothing connecting. Then he tried to manifest the thing he had realized he had knowledge of now, but it would seem his first try was not a success. The situation would now be dire. "++Night Lord, finish up there and assist me. My field has malfunctioned.++" Setesh was loath to ask for help, but he was not sure he could survive this if not.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action Swift Attack:
    (1d100)[66] vs 60 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication)
    Unnatural Weapon Skill (7) adds +4 DoS.

Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[9](28) or (1d10+19)[8](27) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[5](24) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[10](29) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[1](20) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[8](27) for 9 DoS

Potential Killing Will in OOC.

Half Action, Fettered, Flicker, -10 Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[96] vs 90
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-02 at 02:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #906

Slathissin looked up, having heard the crashing sounds of psychic battle behind him. Having previously discounted it as something Setesh could handle, his lip curls into a sneer. Perhaps the Sorceror was not as reliable as he thought.
    ++On my way.++ he acknowledged. He turned away from the two Legionnaires he had been pounding on, deeming them dazed enough to keep until later. He turned and dashed on all fours like one of the wild dogs of his homeworld, teeth bared, his mane of dark hair trailing madly behind him like his flapping cloak as he ate up more than half the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Running a total of 36m. Still Prone. Hard Target combines with Running and being Prone for a total of -50 to ranged attacks against me.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

The Legionarre with the power sword ignores the incoming Night Lord, opting to attack Setesh in silence instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Attack: (1d100)[60] vs. 70

Plasma Pistol: (1d100)[76] vs. 45

The sorcerer also swings at Setesh without comment.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Standard Attacl: (1d100)[66] vs. 65
    -Me

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh's streak of unluck continued. It would seem the Master of Fate was entertained playing with his string even after rewarding him recently. The blow to his head had overloaded his helmet's vision display, and he was blinded to his surroundings. At least he still had his warpsight, though it did not help him much in this situation.

Blindly swinging his sword was a pointless endeavour, but one he had to atleast try. The strings could be pulled different ways on a whim. He swung Vra'tzaen blindly, not feeling any resistance or impact with his swings, and once again tried to manifest the power as before, hoping it could give him time to recover. This time it seemed to work, as he felt something he hadn't felt before. He could feel his boots leaving the ground, and was now floating in the air. This was the Violet Fire of Transition he had read about in a book of arcane lore mentioning powerful spells of his patron Dark God.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[62] vs 30 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, -30 blinded)

Damage rolls with Pen 10, Force, Tearing, +3 dmg when inflicting Critical Damage
    (1d10+19)[6](25) or (1d10+19)[5](24) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[4](23) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[1](20) or (1d10+19)[10](29) for 5 DoS

Half Action, Fettered, Flicker, -10 Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[60] vs 90
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-02 at 05:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

Even as Setesh's body starts to fade, the enemy sorcerer reaches out with the Warp to nullify it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[79] vs. 85

Edit: Sorry, forgot to include fettered Psy rating bonus.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-02 at 05:54 PM.
    -Me

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

As Setesh fades into incorporeality, the marine with the power sword throws his cloak over his body, fading beneath camoflouge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d100)[12] vs. 95

The sorcerer swings at Setesh with his blade.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Standard Attack: (1d100)[7] vs. 75
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere nearby the sounds of the fighting attracted notice. The clang of ceramite slamming into ceramite and the faint smell of blood falling to Skyrar.

The lightning claw crackled quietly on his right hand, the blood splattered chain blade in his left as he followed the siren song of combat and blood. So far the temple had been dissapointing with most foes already dead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me know when i get into the action.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

When the optics in Setesh's helmet had come to from its temporary overload he noticed that the Astartes that had stabbed him in the back previously had disappeared and that the Night Lord was on all four around where the Alpha Legionnaire had been before. Peculiar, he thought. Though the Night Lord had acted like a wild beast before, according to Setesh, so he wasn't particularily surprised.

As Setesh was now suspended in the air hovering, the layer of unreality enveloping him, he did not have the means of actually attacking the sorcerer directly, no matter how powerful a daemon weapon Vra'tzaen was. But it gave him a small opportunity to try to recover. He focused his now quite strained mind, having to sustain both his warp-enhanced speed as well as the Violet Fire of Transition, and attempted to knit his the damages he had sustained from the force bolts as well as the power sword from behind. He could feel how some of the tissue damage inflicted by the bolts was healed and how the wound inflicted by the power sword closed from the infusion of warp energies.

"++Did you see where the other one disappeared to?++" he asked the Night Lord, who had to been able to see where the enemy had gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action, Fettered, Unnatural Healing, +0 Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[28] vs 90 (@ PR1)
    If successful, recover (1d10+1)[6] wounds.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-04 at 01:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913

++Afraid not. I'll do a more thorough sweep once the main threat is gone.++ he replies. The Night Lord was unsure what just happened to Setesh, but he was still talking, so it as likely some psychic devilry. He had never fully trusted those gifts, but he supposed that if one had them it was best to use them. But now their enemies were using them against his allies, and soon against him. He could not let that happen. He barrelled into the Sorceror like a pouncing hound, letting out a baleful snarl as he swings for the kill.

Spoiler
    Show
    Killing Strike Hammer Blow Charge.
    (1d100)[76] vs 111 4 DoS
    (1d100)[65] vs 111 for Furious Assault. 5DoS.
    Deals (1d10+15)[23] and (1d10+15)[17] (replacing this roll with the 5 from the 5DoS to make it 20 damage) Pen 5, Concussive 2, presumably levels of fatigue and knocking prone too.You know the drill by this point.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-11-04 at 06:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer gives a brief grunt of pain before toppling to the ground.

Slathissin hears nothing before he feels a blade plunging into his back.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the guy who went stealth earlier.

Charge: Swift Attack: (1d100)[68] vs. 110
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

Crashing around a bend in the corridor, Malek blundered his way into the skirmish between Astartes. Taking everything in around him, from the Alpha Legionaires laying prostrate on the ground to the bestial Raptor of Nostram, to the blade from the darkness. His predatory grin returns to his lips he draws he brings his bolter to bear and opens up on the Alpha legionaire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim BS +10
    Half Action: Semi Auto Burst: (1d100)[31] vs. 70

16. - Top - End - #916

The forcefield make the blade slide greasily away without ever making contact with the Night Lord's armour. He growls as he looks up at the servant of Alpharius, his eyes, solid black like those of his Primarch, narrow as he grins up at the would-be assassin.
    "I am Slathissin, the Hell of Nostramo. If you fear the heart of darkness, stand aside or be destroyed."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate, presuming I can use Strength since I just bashed the crap out of his friends. (1d100)[95] vs 60

Oh well. Unless he rolls a 96-100 I guess he's not impressed.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-11-04 at 01:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

"I am Alpharius." he answers simply, even as he nimbly dodges the bolts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge: (1d100)[43] vs. 85
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

With a fast sequence of flashes, Setesh noticed that the sneaky Astartes had opted to backstab someone else for once, but it was a bolt of plasma which was the only thing that managed to connect. Plasma was dangerous, but the layer of unreality around Setesh protected him from such mundane weaponry. In addition he noticed someone else who had come from the same direction as them before, firing bolts their way. Assumably at the Night Lord, who surely had made someone mad. But it would seem the Night Lord was of some use to Setesh, as he was able to knock the Alpha Legion sorcerer off balance for a moment, and a Tzeentchian sorcerer like Setesh was not one to let such an opportunity go to waste.

He raised Vra'tzaen, preparing to unleash the daemon weapon on those who had forced him to take such a defensive stance, and released his concentration on manifesting the Violet Fire of Transition, letting the unreality around him fade away, as he swung his sword at the downed sorcerer, channeling his sharpened willpower into the weapon, immolating the sorcerer in warpfire as Vra'tzaen loudly humms. "Burn to dust."

As Setesh watched the Alpha Legion sorcerer burn in the blue and orange warpfire, he took the opportunity to focus his will and once again manifested the field of unreality around himself and left the solid ground, clearing it by approximately 2 cm. The potential of his newfound power was starting to dawn on him. He felt like for a moment that hundreds of ideas and applications of the Violet Fire of Transition came to him. Setesh was excited.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[8] vs 100 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 ganging up, +20 stunned, +10 prone)

13 DoS, +2 rolled hits in OOC.

(1d10+19)[4](23) or (1d10+19)[6](25) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[2](21) or (1d10+19)[6](25) for 5 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[6](25) or (1d10+19)[2](21) for 7 DoS [replace with DoS, 29 damage and ZH]
    and (1d10+19)[5](24) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 9 DoS

Killing will (tested in OOC) on first hit that connects kills the sorcerer.

Half Action Flicker, tested and succeeded in OOC.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-04 at 04:05 PM. Reason: included red corsair

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer screams and burns underneath the daemon weapon.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

The sound of a distant scream amplified by the helmets senses into a resounding death knell inside the red helm leaves Skyrar further frustrated as he pads semi-silently through the temple, claw and chain blade lightly banging together.

A small stairway and a distant tunnel... "Ah, the way down perhaps? The Blood God calls for Blood possibly?" he mutters quietly to himself as he continues his hunt...

Spoiler
    Show

Just a filler remind Henry I'm still here
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

21. - Top - End - #921

Slathissin decides not to risk another hit like that from the backstabbing Alpha, and lunges with all his available force, aiming to take him down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Killing Strike Hammer Blow, which puts me out of Inf for now.
    (1d100)[44] vs 91
    (1d100)[58] vs 91, no dodge or parry

5 and 4 DoS, so I can replace the 1 on my second damage roll with a 4, making it 20 and 19 damage.

Deals (1d10+15)[23] and (1d10+15)[16] damage, Pen 5 Concussive 2.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-11-04 at 05:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

The Legionnaire's force field shields him from Slathissin's attack. He furls his cloak around himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d100)[58] vs. 95

Even as he fades, Setesh can feel the sorcerer somehow clinging on to life, drawing on the power of the Warp with a curse on his lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Before anyone asks, he burned 1d10+8 infamy to stay in the fight with one wound left.

Pushed Force Storm: (1d100)[99] vs. 110

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100+10)[45](55)

Perils (if needed): (1d100)[56]
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaky guy fear test:

(1d100)[38] vs. 45
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-04 at 06:21 PM.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #924
    Pixie in the Playground

Males roars in fury as the hydra Astartes dodged his first volley. You won't have a chance to do that again. You're gene-seed is mine wretch! Malek let's his bolter open up full bore once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action: Aim
    Half action: Semi auto burst: (1d100)[89] vs. 70

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

It would seem the Astartes who liked to play in the shadows had tried to hide again, but this time Setesh was not blinded and could see where he went. All of a sudden force bolts had came from the downed Alpha Legionnaire sorcerer. This time around Setesh had managed to nullify them using his psychic hood, though. He was surprised the sorcerer could survive being immolated by Vra'tzaen like that. Atleast he knew it was not due to himself failing to kill him. Perhaps the Weaver of Fate just wanted Setesh to slay him again. Setesh would not deny his patron Dark God that.

Once again he stopped concentrating on keeping the field of unreality up around himself, and swung Vra'tzaen at the sorcerer intent on finishing him off. He doubted any Dark God would want to give someone who's defeated twice in such a short span of time any sympathy. "It would seem you are surprisingly tough. Must be that faith in the corpse-god?"

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action Aim
    (1d100)[73] vs 90 (+5 for g-cm, +5 for Khorne dedication, +10 ganging up, +10 prone, +10 aim)
    6 DoS.

(1d10+19)[10](29) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 1 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[5](24) or (1d10+19)[9](28) for 3 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[1](20) or (1d10+19)[2](21) for 5 DoS [replace with DoS, 25 damage]
    and (1d10+19)[7](26) or (1d10+19)[3](22) for 7 DoS
    and (1d10+19)[8](27) or (1d10+19)[7](26) for 9 DoS

Potential Killing Will in OOC.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-05 at 01:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer attempts to block the hungry daemon weapon with his own sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[34] vs. 65

The blades catches Setesh's weapon in a shower of sparks as the frustrated daemon thirsts for its kill.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-05 at 12:35 PM.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #927

The Warp Phenomena had rattled Slathissin a little, but he was not about to let that show in front of Battle Brothers, so he internalised the fear until it was caged lightning in the very marrow of his iron bones. The Alpha's Sorceror was responsible for this gnawing at his spirit and he would pay for such a transgression. However he could not afford to lose all sight of his stealthy ally just yet. Looking around for his opponent, he delivered a stamp to the fallen Sorceror, aiming for his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raising myself back to standing, then doing a single attack on the Sorceror. Target is still Prone and Stunned IIRC
    (1d100)[41] vs WS 101

If it hits deals (1d10+15)[25] pen 0. Inflicts Fatigue if it deals damage equal to his TB or higher.
    ZH! Rolling in OOC.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-11-09 at 08:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer's protective field shields him for, Slathissin's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness test: (1d10)[10] vs. 45. Pass or he dies.

Stunned for (1d10)[4] rounds.

Takes (1d5)[3] levels of fatigue

The cloaked Astartes again hurls himself at Slathissin from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge. Swift Attack: (1d100)[19] vs. 110
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-09 at 09:41 AM.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer unleashes another hell storm of Warp energy at Setesh and Malek.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pushed Force Storm: (1d100)[33] vs. 110

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100+10)[13](23)

Perils, if needed: (1d100)[81]

Edit: 7 DoS. 4 to Setesh, 3 to Malek.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-09 at 09:56 AM.
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #930

Slathissin let out a muffled grunt, refusing to let out even a cry of agony as he fell to the floor. Then everything went black, as he fell into unconsciousness. His Sus-An Membrane kicked in, sending him into the Red Dream.