New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Katria observes that the Scourged (as she comes to find out this warband is called) appear to be mostly clustered around their assigned quarters, with only a few leaving at any given point. Many times they leave, only to walk around the ship seemingly at random for several hours, before coming back, having seemingly accomplished nothing.

Setesh senses the powerful presence seemingly appear out of nowhere a few halls away.

As a matter of fact, the man's flesh does give several pieces of information:

1. The band is called the Scourged.

2. It's lord is known as Adrios.

3. He has never been known to refuse a request for audience.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-27 at 12:50 PM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

As Setesh senses this presence, he get both curious and weary. He moves towards this hall it's coming from to find out what or who might be there. His hunt to sate his hunger has to wait. Or maybe this presence might be what he's been searching for.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Night Lord stalks behind his Sorceror companion, his fists clenching in anticipation of what they might find. If nothing else, he was learning that he had not lost his touch at remaining hidden from prying eyes.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

The prescience seems to move towards Setesh as he moves towards it. Soon enough, Setesh rounds a corner and enters the hall where he sense the presence. In the center of it stands a sorcerer wearing blue, red, and gold armor.

"Howdy." he says, in an extremely thick Texan accent (for some reason).
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

This must be the same sorcerer which dwarfed Setesh in psychic strength from before, he thought as the sorcerer greeted him. Was this meeting pre-ordained or was it a result of the act Setesh had carried out just before? Would be strange if their presumed leader took notice of a lowly serf, he thought.

"Hello." Setesh said as he moved through the hallway. He did not desire a conflict, but he was ready for it. He focused his warpsight to see any active psychic signatures or powers coming from the immediate area of the sorcerer, to be sure he hadn't any surprises up his sleeve. It appeared there was none, but considering how powerful he seemed to be, he could have masked them somehow.

Spoiler
    Show

Psyniscience: (1d100)[63] vs 45
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-20 at 08:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

"So, what might you being doing here?" Setesh observes that his accent has suddenly shifted to heavy Russian.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

This must be the "eccentric" leader that weak sorcerer was refering to he thought. Setesh would probably have worded it differently. "I am on a... hunt, you might say. Or quest. Or investigation. Whichever you may prefer." It was not like he was speaking untruth. "And you, if you do not mind me asking?" he continued, wondering why the appearant leader of the Tzeentchian warband would be here. Maybe he had known who Setesh was since the large gathering where the Apostle spoke. If Zasz could recognize him it would not be too unlikely that someone else did too. It was not as if he was some unknown, more that he quite liked it when people he was interacting with did not know who he was. If a situation would prove more advantageous to Setesh if his identity was known, he would make it so.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-21 at 12:25 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria lurks, concealed in shadows as she silently listens to the unusual conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: [/roll]1d100[/roll]. Target 110

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Properly this time.

Stealth: (1d100)[82]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer tilts his head to the side slightly. "A giant electrical magical floating cockroach told me to do it." he says in his now Brazilian accent.

Katria gets the idea that the sorcerer has some idea she's here. As does Slathissin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, but he beat you on his own Psyscience test with 6 DoS.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-21 at 09:42 AM.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, of course." he said, wondering where this conversation would take him. Maybe he had prophetic dreams and this form was some aspect of their patron Dark God. Or maybe he was just insane - but he was a powerful threat whom Setesh did not care to provoke unnecessarily. He wanted to know more of these visions. "That description sounds oddly familiar."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

"My eyeballs smile when the leprechauns dance to the sound of children's screams." he says in an oddly phisophical manner.

Suddenly, his voice changes dramatically. "Idiot! It's my kidneys that smile with the toucans dance ballet!"

"Shut up!"

"No, you shut up!"

"No, you!"

"No you!"

"Adrios, dinner's almost ready." he says in a much more high pitched tone of voice.

"Not now mom!"

His voice becomes much more hoarse. "And if you interrupt me again I'll slit your throat and gouge out your eyes and drink the blood from your veins-"

"-And sing a song about a traveling bear! he says without missing a beat. "The bear went over the mountain, the bear went over the mountain, the bear went over the mountaaain, to see what he could see..."

He continues humming the tune rather cheerfully.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-21 at 05:43 PM.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh had troubles imagining the obviously insane sorcerer leading an entire warband like that. Unless it was on purpose to throw him off. While Setesh had never feigned raw insanity before, he was not unfamiliar with the practice of a milder variant of the same type of manipulation. But he had no time for such behaviour now, in the middle of a hunt to sate his hunger. "I must be on my way now, fellow devotee of the Lord of Magic. Unless you have some specific business with me?" he said, unsure as to what the assumably insane answer would prove to be.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

He turns to look at you. "Why yes, I do! he says in an extremely cheerful tone that one does not expect from a sorcerer of Tzeentch. "But first, limbo time!"

He releases his grip on the staff he's holding and it turns onto its side and floats in the air. He actually does the limbo underneath it, bending rather remarkably in the process. It's rather impressive that an Astartes in full power armor can contort himself like that.

"Your turn!" he says cheerfully, indicating the still-floating staff.
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh just stood there silently and looked at what was transpiring in front of him. The request he had just gotten was just so very alien to him. After a while of not responding he finally spoke up. "No, I am afraid I do not... share your.. agility, so to say. I will have to decline your offer." He was starting to have troubles keeping his polite facade up. Usually he had no issues with insanity and insane behaviour, but that was because he could usually just deal with anything which started to annoy him. Now he was seemingly the weaker one. He did not see himself as weak, but he was aware of his limitations, though intent of breaking through them again and again. But being dead makes that much harder to accomplish.

"So what is this business you have with me? Are you in need of my assistance in some way?" A warband amounting over a hundred would probably have most bases covered already, he thought.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"Awww..." he says in a disappointed tone.

"But very well," he now says in a far more serious tone. "I have a warning to deliver."

"After a song!" he says, back to his cheerful voice. "It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world... He whirls around and indicates what looks like thin air. "Dance along Fluffy!" He yells.

Nothing seems to happen as he stares at empty space for a few minutes. Suddenly, he speaks up again. "Oh gods you are so talented Fluffy." He actually sounds somewhat jealous.

He turns back to you. "Now whe were we?" He says, back in his serious tone. "Ah yes." He clears his throat.

"Beware he who comes when the clock strikes thirteen.
    He changes his ways.
    But the Changer betrays.
    And but one shall come out again."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-22 at 03:59 AM.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Beneath her hood, Katria's blue eyes blink slowly as she takes in the comments and commits them to memory. The sense that her presence isn't hidded remains, and so the thought that such a message might not be meant for Setesh tumbles through her scatty brain. It's even possible it was aimed at the other marine, who's closked and lurking nearby.

Carefully, studying the Night Lord, Katria moves her hands to the hilts of her swords.
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-09-22 at 06:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"A warning?" he has time to ask before the sorcerer goes into his song and dance number. When he finally, at least to Setesh, makes a little more sense he is somewhat relieved. As he thought, a prophetic message, not too clear at first but not impossible to make sense of.

"I assume it is refering to something related to this 'task' the Word Bearers have gathered us for. I already have my own suspicions, but this would solidify them."
    If the message wasn't a ruse, and indeed a true one from the Changer of Ways, it was still unclear as to what or whom it was refering to. It was referencing a someone who changes, perhaps a follower of Tzeentch, and assumably betrayal by Tzeentch for that change. The part about only one would come out again made him worry a little. But Setesh had faith in Tzeentch. Even if it was a part of a Grand Scheme, he would not deny himself of taking part or leading the way.

"So I take it your business with me is finished? If so I have to be on my way." He did not expect the seemingly insane sorcerer to have any more information from him. If he knew who or what the warning was referencing to he would probably have said so by now. And even if he knew, it would be unlikely he would share that information. Setesh knew he himself would not.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"Nope! Nothing else! he pauses for a minute and looks around. "You know you've got a grox playing Solitare on your head, don't you?" He whispers conspiratorially.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #110

Slathissin licked his lips as he watched silently. The Sorceror other than Setesh was clearly mad, but in madness was often knowledge. But there was also the potential for violence, so he remained vigilant.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was not aware." Setesh said as he started to leave the hallway, intent on going past the insane sorcerer.

The cryptic warning had not changed much. He was now once again on the hunt to sate his hunger. Perhaps some of the slaves would know something. There is always chatter to be overheard near those one does not even give notice. Or maybe he would find something interesting on the way.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh wanders throughout the ship's corridors for some time before he finds another living soul. A pair of Word Bearers are guarding a door inscribed with thousands of verses from the Book of Lorgar. In the center of the door is their flaming daemon head symbol. It is worth noting that most of the rest of this hallway seems to be in general disuse and disrepair (though not nearly as bad as it gets on some ships).

The two Word Bearers regard Setesh stoically, keeping a tight grip on their bolters but not saying anything.
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

These Word Bearers were obviously guarding something. He kept his distance as to not to provoke an attack for just moving too close. The Word Bearers were not know for being tolerant when it came to scripture. "I take it this area is off limits?" he said to see how they responded. "Or can I go through here? I think I am a little lost."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-23 at 11:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

"No unauthorized personel beyond this door." says one Word Bearer gruffly.

"That depends. What are you seeking?" says the other.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Any area that's restricted is interesting to Setesh. It would be unlikely that he would get in there though. Atleast not without violence or alerting more Word Bearers. "What is in there? I did not know there was unrestricted places here." He wanted to check how secret this place beyond those doors were. "I was on my way to the slaves, but I am not too familiar with the layouts of this vessel. Where am I now?" If they did not answer his direct question, maybe they would let one indirect slip past. His questions were not that important to him though. They were merely a means to conversation and stir up their thoughts. He was at this point subtly picking at the mental barriers of one of the guards as to see what his mind contained, without being able to break through.

As soon as he failed his attempts on the first guard, he focused on the other. Once again, he was unable to manifest his powers strongly enough. He was at this point wondering why most of his attempts to probe during the day had failed. Was there some force on this vessel providing some manner of mental protection from his powers? Was it all just a part of some Grand Scheme of the Weaver of Fates? Whatever it was, Setesh was not pleased. His attempts at subtle mind probing were all failures, and it made him frustrated to no end. He was not this weak. His powers were not this prone to failure. He felt like striking out in anger with Vra'tzaen, letting him taste blood. But no. He has self-control. He would not lose it.

If he was not trying to hide his attempts at probing, there would be no chance he would fail. Normally he would not hide it, but this was a Word Bearers vessel, and they were Word Bearers. They would kill him if they knew he had been digging around in their psyches. That he did not want, so he kept his hunger in check as much as he could around them.

Spoiler
    Show

Mind Probe without the target noticing, on the leftmost guard.
    Half Action, Fettered, Mind Probe, -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[97] vs 70
    Full Action to sustain, need 5 rounds to break mind fully. Pages 223-224 for effects.
    Round 2: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[2] vs 65
    Round 3: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[96] vs 65
    Round 4: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[93] vs 65
    Round 5: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[41] vs 65

If he is unable to break the mind of the first guard, Setesh will try to see what he can find in the other during the conversation.

Mind Probe without the target noticing, on the other guard.
    Half Action, Fettered, Mind Probe, -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[79] vs 70
    Full Action to sustain, need 5 rounds to break mind fully. Pages 223-224 for effects.
    Round 2: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[85] vs 65
    Round 3: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[82] vs 65
    Round 4: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[75] vs 65
    Round 5: -20 Opposed Willpower Focus Power test: (1d100)[74] vs 65

You suck forum dice roller. You suck. So bad.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-23 at 07:10 PM. Reason: more stuff

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

"What is in that room is Legion business, not that of outsiders." says the first Word Bearer with undisguised scorn.

"The slaves should be that way." says the other, pointing down the right-side corridor. "One hardly has to be a seer to find them if you take that path."
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

His attempts at probing their minds having failed, and deception being more than likely impossible at this point, Setesh did not think there was much point in lingering. But he did remember where he was now, in case he wanted to investigate the place at some later point. "Very well, thank you." he said as he left in the direction he had been given. He did of course not mean a word of it. Ignorant brutes of the Apostles, spouting ignorant "truths". Setesh found it distasteful.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh walks in the given direction for a few minutes. The hallways seem to be in general disuse around these parts.

Spoiler
    Show
    All three of you, roll a perception check. +10 for Spess Mahreens because it's to hear something.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-23 at 11:20 PM.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #119

Slathissin has followed with interest so far, becoming more confident that his sneaking skills are finally back to more like they were in the peak of his performance.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[76] Aaaand he's oblivious
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-09-23 at 11:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria mooches along after the two chaos marines, remaining curious of their future activites.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[16]