New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

"You'll be rather dead when I'm through with you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Pushed Psychic Scream: (1d100)[24] vs. 85 (+10 Psy Focus, +35 Psy Rating, -20 WP test)

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100)[64] + 10

Half Action: Unfettered Thought Sending: (1d100)[8] vs. 130 (+10 Psy Focus, +20 Psy Rating, +40 WP test)
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-27 at 12:28 AM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

The psychic power hit Zasz, but his years of shrugging off damage allowed him to withstand the ringing in his ears. With a jolly laugh, Zasz continued to unload bullets into the general area of the Sorcerer, attempting to obliterate the Tzeentchian Champion before he could get another of those painful blasts off.

"Perhaps, my brother, but what a glorious death it might be!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my second infamy point of the day on regaining 1d5 wounds. Nurgle means I get back all 5, putting me at 15 at the present.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-27 at 01:10 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer laughs as his field absorbs and deflects four of Zasz's shots. "Ha! Is that all you've got?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Unfettered Compel: (1d100)[92] vs. 80 (+20 Psy Rating, +10 Psy Focus, -10 WP test)

Half Action: Pushed Psychic Scream: (1d100)[4] vs. 85 (+10 Psy Focus, +35 Psy Rating, -20 WP test)

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100)[1] + 10

-Me

4. - Top - End - #184

Another barrage. "This is a rather bracing duel though, is it not?" Zasz gave a chuckle and continued the rapid assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action aim, half action semi-auto burst.

(1d100)[14] v. 60 BS, +10 for Aim, +10 for Short Range. So test against 80. Only jams on a natural 100. I do hope that doesn't happen.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer flings himself to the side to avoid one of Zasz's bolts.

"Quite." he says dryly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Pushed Psychic Scream: (1d100)[79] vs. 85 (+10 Psy Focus, +35 Psy Rating, -20 WP test)

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100)[36] + 10
    -Me

6. - Top - End - #186

"That last one almost got you, you know. How long will that little field keep you safe from me?" Zasz asked before unleashing another barrage.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the most exciting duel ever from the perspective of on-lookers, although each round there're photon grenades going off due to his conversion field.

(1d100)[35] v. 60, +10 for Aiming, +10 for Short Range. Test against 80. Only jams on a natural one hundred.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer chuckles as Zasz's latest attack flare harmlessly off his field. "Long enough, I think."

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Pushed Psychic Scream: (1d100)[74] vs. 85 (+10 Psy Focus, +35 Psy Rating, -20 WP test)

Psychic Phenomena: (1d100)[56] + 10
    -Me

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz and the sorcerer are both afforded a brief and horrific glimpse into the true nature of the Warp. The sorcerer being more experienced in such matters, manages to resist the corrupting influence that washes over him. Zasz isn't so lucky.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #189

Zasz doesn't let it worry him, however. He's more flustered with the lack of ammunition, and switches to regular rounds. "We shall see if that is a true statement, my dear brother!" Another jolly laugh.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[35] v 80

Third infamy point to regain 5 wounds, putting me back at 10.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Two of Zasz's shots punch into the sorcerer's chest, which explodes in a spectacular spray of gore. Organs, blood, bone, and other assorted bodily fluids (many of them unnatural) go flying throughout the hallway. The sorcerer is dead. Really, really dead.

Zasz hears the sound of rapidly approaching boots.

"Just what in the hells is going on here?!"
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #191

Zasz trundles over to the Sorcerer's corpse, obtaining the force field before anything else. "A duel, my brothers," he said after grabbing the item. "I have witnesses who can attest that I challenged, fairly, a champion of the Scourged. And we have now settled a question, as old as time. If it is the same, I believe it is my ritualistic duty to consume his flesh, now."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

The force field turns out to be a small rod attached to the man's belt.

Zasz can now see that there are 10 Word Bearers on the scene, looking at him suspiciously. "That's not our information. We heard that you shot him in the back unprovoked."
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #193

"Then your information is incorrect, brethren. If you wish to examine the corpse, you will find no shells in his back, only his legs and, ahem, the front of his torso. But the challenge itself was witnessed by both one of the Scourged and a human. I can produce the human, although it would be a miracle to find the particular Scourged who witnessed it. And this fellow," Zasz said, gesturing to the dead sorcerer, "will speak no more, I'm afraid. Except for what is held in his genetics, which I will soon be learning. Perhaps his memories hold the challenge? I will soon know."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

The Word Bearer in the fore raises his hand to halt Zasz.

"No need." he says. "We can get it out of him." He turns to one of his men. "Summon the First Acolyte."
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #195

"My brothers, I have committed no wrong here. I will not be denied the consumption of this fallen's flesh. If you wish a portion, I will gladly share, but unless you intend to seek the witnesses, I will continue with my rites of victory."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

"We intend to seek the witness of the dead man. Leave his corpse for now. If all is as you say, we will leave it to you when we are satisfied. If not..." He trails off, taking a knowing glance at his bolter.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    "We intend to seek the witness of the dead man. Leave his corpse for now. If all is as you say, we will leave it to you when we are satisfied. If not..." He trails off, taking a knowing glance at his bolter.
    Zasz sighed. "Find the human, she is nearer. Katria!" he bellowed, expecting his granddaughter to be nearby.

While he waited for Katria to come, he looked at the Word Bearers. "You trust the words of a Tzeentchian over that of a Nurgleim. I find that particularly interesting -- of the two, which group is known for honesty?" A low chuckle, followed by a shaking of the head. "I, Zasz the Ancient, who fought beside Mortarion, who was trained by my primarch personally before the Betrayal of the Anathema, who carries both sets of armour as to always epitomize the philosophy of being ever ready, who has carried both sets of armour for over ten thousand years, who has cut through the hulls of space hulks and brought victory to the Death Guard, who was there when we were caught in the Warp and asked for salvation and succor from Grandfather Nurgle -- I, who have spread disease across planets, who have witnessed countless atrocities across this realm of existence -- I am to be treated with more suspicion than a sorcerer of the Changer of Ways, Astartes who purposefully twist and lie for the sake of their malevolent god?

"Not a minute ago I asked the sorcerer if this was a bracing duel, and he said the word quite. For it was a duel! If he thought it unprovoked -- truly unprovoked, and not an attempt to slander and accuse me as a last-ditch effort to see me dead -- would he have agreed to such a statement? And you call upon a member of his warband to prove him correct? The warband who has lost honor to me for the death of their champion, you believe they will tell the truth about the proceedings?"
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-27 at 03:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

A moment passes, then Katria pads into sight, yawning and shaking her head, once again wrapped in her robe. "Maah.. I was napping Grandpa, I was having such a nice dream." She then spots the body and then looks over the assembled Word Bearers, blinking. "Oh! Hello!" She smiles and waves. "It looks good Grandpa, fine work." She beams up at Zasz after glancing at the body again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is a certain Word Bearer in the group here?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

"I... I... Very well." He sighs. "Let him go."

Katria observes that her old friend is not with this squad.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #200

Zasz nodded with a smile before performing the various ritual required for removing his helmet. Once that was done, he would sample the Sorcerer's flesh to see what memories lingered within -- and after that, he would see what other items the Sorcerer had. Although the armour had been damaged, it wasn't Terminator armour -- someone on this ship would be able to repair it, and potentially the subsystems within would be useful to move into the secondary set of power armour.

Any weapons the Sorcerer had, as well, would be useful. For trading, moreso.

EDIT:

"I apologize, Katria. I thought our hosts would be unreasonable, but they are a credit to their Holy Father."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-27 at 07:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz takes a bite or two of flesh. It actually hurts a bit - the sorcerer's body is infused with the power of he Changer of Ways, which resists being consumed by one of Papa Nurgle's flock. Still, he does gain a little bit of information. Specifically, the rumor that these guys hear voices in their heads telling them every lie man speaks? True.

The chest armor is pulped quite beyond repair, the the left leg appears to be rotting, no doubt the work of Papa Nurgle. Otherwise, the rest of he armor looks salvageable, though Zasz might have a hard time getting it off in such thick gloves.

The sorcerer was also carrying a force staff, a bolt pistol, an unholy icon of Tzeentch, and a small book covered in Tzeentchian runes. Zasz feels an intense urge to destroy the icon and the book.

Spoiler
    Show
    Papa Nurgle demands that you destroy those hateful artifacts of wretched Tzeentch.
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria smiled meekly, bowing her head as Zasz tasted the marine's flesh and searched his belongings. She waited, quietly, humbly, but couldn't prevent a slight shifting as a result of suppressed excitement at what she had to tell her grandfather.

23. - Top - End - #203

Zasz took the various items up, leaving the armour and the Tzeentchian artifacts for a moment. "Darling Katria, will you help me with this armour? My fingers aren't nimble enough for the various seals and locks." Regardless of her answer, Zasz would kick the book and icon far from the body. Presuming it was at least 30 meters away, he shoot the items from afar, obliterating them. Part of him was interested in knowing what was in the book, but knowing what he did of the Changer of Ways, it would either be lies or some daemon attempting to possess him.

That wasn't a particularly enticing thought.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria nods and kneels by the body, deft fingers unsealing and removing the finer bolts and locks holding the armour together. She seemed unbothered by any blood that got onto her hands, though she avoided any contact with the diseased left leg.

As the item and book were destroyed she gave a small pout, but made no other contact, glancing about to see if the Word Bearers were still watching them.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Zasz can feel Papa Nurgle's pleasure as the artifacts go up in flames. The Word Bearers look at each other and whisper nervously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zasz gains 2 Corruption and 1 Infamy for his destruction of Tzeentchian artifacts!

Katria sees that yes, the Word Bearers are still watching. They seem unsure about what to do about Zasz's destruction of the artifacts.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-27 at 09:38 AM.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #206

Reloading his autocannon, Zasz returned his attention to his adoptive granddaughter. "Katria, come here for a moment. I've a gift for you, little one."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Earlier during the duel:
    The briefing having ended and the gathered heretics being scattered, Setesh had no real destination in particular. He lingered, observing how people had reacted to the information and trying to overhear anything of note. All of a sudden his senses picks up a psychic signature from the direction behind him. Had some combat broken out? Maybe it was some sorcerer having fun with a slave. He did not recognize it as that Slaaneshi who spent time throwing bolts at slaves, this one was one of The Scourged's sorcerers he had seen before, one who was about the same psychic strength as himself. But the powers were more powerful than at that time. Which must mean he was pushing his powers to the limit. That was not without risk, and a sorcerer doing such a thing without a good reason was foolish. He was curious as to what was happening and started walking towards the locale of the sorcerer when he picked up another instance of a psychic power being manifested. This one was as strong, meaning another push. Setesh continued in the direction from where he had sensed the manifestations.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She nods and smiles, dipping her head as she walks over to him and paying no more attention to the muttering Word Bearers. "A present for me, Grandpa, really?" She claps her hands together, beaming and doing a little skip. "I always love presents!"

29. - Top - End - #209

Zasz removed the force field from his belt, and held it out to her. "Take this trinket, little Katria. You mustn't ever part with it, you understand? It will keep you safe. It is a portion of your grandfather's love for you, and it will protect you even if I cannot. In time, it may grow over-enamored and fail. If that happens, there are many who can repair it properly. But you mustn't ever part with it. Do you understand?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Setesh walks in to find 10 Word Bearers, the messy corpse of a fellow sorcerer, Katria, and a wounded Zasz cramped into the relatively small confines of a hallway.
    -Me