New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

"I'll examine it. Then we shall see what becomes of the armor."
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

"No." Zasz turned and continued down the hallway. "The armour is no longer his. It is now mine. Perhaps when I give it to someone else, you will be able to view it then. But for the time being, I will continue on my way. Good evening, brother."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-27 at 04:16 PM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh had been listening to the exchange, waiting for something to... happen. He finally spoke up. "The follower of the Plague Lord has a point. It would seem the armour is his rightful spoils as of the conclusion of the duel. The Word Bearers who were here when I came to the scene accepted that fact and left just before you got here." Setesh did not know why the sorcerer would want to examine the armour, but Zasz had the favour on his side in this matter, and Setesh did not care much for an altercation due to their argument, as he might himself be swept into it.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-27 at 04:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm afraid that isn't an option, brother."

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Unfettered Compel: (1d100)[12] vs. 125 (75 base + 45 Psy Rating + 10 Psy Focus + 5 Psychic Hood - 10 WP test

"Come. Over. Here. Now."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-27 at 04:24 PM.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #245

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[100] v. 50 to resist.

EDIT: A perfect hundred! Fascinating.

Zasz, despite himself, took a few steps forward.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-27 at 04:25 PM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer walks a bit closer to Zasz. "Are we going to do this the easy way or am I going to have to force you to take every step?"
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #247

"Fine." Zasz undid the rope that Katria had put on the new armour and let it fall behind him. "Now, I am leaving. I doubt the Word Bearers will care about your indiscretions, sorcerer. There are more important things to worry about than the destroyed armour of a fallen champion." He turned around and began down the hall. Again. Eventually he would reach a corner, or an end. It was inevitable, despite the nondescript hallway that they were in.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

The sorcerer takes a look at the armor, tracing the bloodstains with his finger and muttering something under his breath. Suddenly, he burst out laughing. Sounding incredibly happy, he shouts to Zasz. "The armor is yours if you wish it! I have what I wanted." With that, he turns and strides back the way he came.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh looked on as Zasz seemed to not be bothered enough to argue with the insane, and evidently stubborn, sorcerer and left the armour on the ground and started to leave. And then the sorcerer inspecting the bloody armour. "What is so important with that armour?" he asked the Scourged's leader. "I would argue the fallen sorcerer's body is more important than some mangled armour."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-27 at 04:41 PM. Reason: changed chronology

10. - Top - End - #250

Zasz turned right back around and stood beside the armour, his eyes closed. He was tired, for the first time in centuries. Truly tired. Between the mental assaults and the surgery, he was tired of it all. There was strength to be found in the love of Papa Nurgle, but it compared to this... the indignity. He was a champion of Nurgle, but Zasz would never state he was the greatest. He knew his limits. And he had witnessed them during the fight with the sorcerer. But now he had faced some impudent whelp capable of forcing him to do things against his will. There was no defense against it. There was no sitting before the storm and bearing it by force of will. It was an aggravating, insulting maneuver.

Where were the plaguehounds? The daemons? Where were the great warbands devoted to the Grandfather of Plagues to rip this man to shreds?

He closed his eyes and stood for a few moments, waiting for Katria.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Adrios turns to face Setesh. "I wished to perform an augery. I succeeded. And besides, we aren't so foolish as to just leave gene-seed in mature Space Marines."
    -Me

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh did not reply, his silence enough to indicate an answer. As the sorcerer left, he walked up to Zasz and looked at the bloodied armour. "What is this for? Repairs?" He nodded towards the armour Zasz always dragged with him. "You already have that thing."
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-27 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." That was the only response Zasz gave.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Setesh let out a chuckle. "Are you done here?" Setesh felt he could might as well keep someone familiar company until their landfall to the ruined city they were supposed to assault. They were both part of the independent forces, and it seemed like Zasz was prone to trouble, which could prove favourable to Setesh. And of course he had that little amusing girl with him. He had seen her briefly running around at a few times during the days since he last saw Zasz, and he felt an urge to find out why he found her to be so interesting.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-09-27 at 05:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." That was the only response Zasz gave.

16. - Top - End - #256

Slathissin had lost the Sorceror Setesh in the commotion of the briefing. Oh well, now he had his suspicions reinforced that the Word Bearers had little to no regard for their auxiliaries. Well, he was not about to be a martyr, and he was sure there were those aboard this ship that were less deserving of their gear. He looked about for a likely mortal who would not be missed, a tech-adept, or one of the many of their flock armed for combat in a manner similar to the Army, or Guard as they called them these days, or perhaps a lone Astartes none would miss.. Gathering his cloak about himself, he waited for his target, becoming one with the shadows again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Roll,effective score is 60+20 for camo cloak, +30 vs hearing with Stummer, +10 for a point of Infamy makes it 90 or 100. (1d100)[42] 4 or 5 DoS depending on what awareness is made.
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-09-27 at 05:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin spies a tech-adept leaving the room with just an unarmed servitor for company. He stalks after it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: (1d100)[34] vs. 32
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #258

He waits until the machine-lover is alone, save for the servitor, as much a part of the shadows as the adept's own. He bunches both fists, ready to bring them down in a thunderous crash against the adept's cowled head.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS 61+20 for charge, +30 All Out, Inf point for Killing Strike = EWS 111 (1d100)[40]
    That's a crack to the back of the head. 1d10+15 damage, Pen 5, Concussive 2
    Last edited by Elurindel; 2012-09-27 at 05:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

The tech-adept goes flying into the air. His head impacts on a wall, spraying the area with blood, bone, and brain fluid. He is quite dead.

The servitor stops in its tracks and simply repeats a loop. "Error. Error. Commander dead, recite command codes. Commander dead, recite command codes. Error. Error..."
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #260

The Night Lord chuckles at the ease of the kill, and the way the servitor is rendered helpless, like a shield bug placed upon its back. He casually snaps its neck, before dragging the hapless adept's corpse to one side. He pulls the cowl aside and begins a search. If nothing else, these men usually had tools that could be of use. Optimistically, he might have some weaponry that could be put to better use.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

He has two doses of Plas, a Forgery Kit, and a Scrap Code Generator.
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #262

He smiles as he looks over his spoils. These things could be very useful in the right circumstances. He reaches into the man's ruined head and takes a piece of brain, chewing on it lightly to see if his Omophagea can glean any information. Perhaps the rest would be worth using if there was a machine spirit that needed communion if there was nobody else to do so. Finally, he finished the act by taking his tongue, coated in the acid of his Betcher's Gland, and licking an acidic burn slash across the adept's face as well as that of the servitor. It was his trademark, one that many would learn to fear again. Blending back into the background, he decided to see whom else he might lure into a trap like this. He sucked in a deep breath, and let out his best imitation of a cry of horror and pain.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Slathissin gets an impression of this man working as an agent for some mysterious masters not of Word Bearer stock.

Within a short amount of time, a pair of Word Bearers burst into the area, bolters at the ready. They regard the corpse with complete stoicism, checking up and down with their guns, back to back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marine 1 Awareness: (1d100)[55] vs. 50

Marine 2 Awareness: (1d100)[23] vs. 50

Make a Stealth check.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-09-27 at 06:42 PM.
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria reappeared at Zasz's side as she lowered her cloak's hood, her eyes cold. "He was very rude to you Grandpa. He should be told off for that, very strongly." She nods, patting Zasz's arm, and with the sorceror having left, offers her grandfather a code cylinder. "Maybe this'll make you feel better, and help tell him off? I found it, er, lying around."

She smiles innocently.

25. - Top - End - #265

Zasz looked down at it, an eyebrow raised beneath the helmet. "Interesting... I'm unfamiliar with this, Katria. It may be best for you to hold on to it, unless Setesh has any knowledge of what it is?"

He also knelt back down. "If I could trouble you to refasten this to me, little one, I would be most grateful."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

She nods, tucking the cylinder back beneath her robe and starting to refasten the armour to Zasz's back. "They were being bad, sneaky. But not good sneaky, like me." She grins. "Two of the Word bearers took it to someone else, he, er, said the Alpha Legion thanked them, then shot one of them." She pouts. "One of them saw me take it, so I had to run very fast. But I was fine, promise.

He came back later, the Alpha Legion who talked about the Em..Emperor.."
    For a moment her face and voice fills with rage before she carries on. "He offered me a shiny dagger for the codes, so I took the dagger, but, I kept the codes. That wasn't rude of me Grandpa, was it? He seemed upset."

She pauses. "Oh. And the rude man who left, he said something before." She thinks, before intoning a set of words.

"Beware he who comes when the clock strikes thirteen.
    He changes his ways.
    But the Changer betrays.
    And but one shall come out again."

27. - Top - End - #267

Zasz hmm'd. "The thirteenth legion was the Ultramarines... The Changer, clearly Tzeentch... Thank you, Katria. But you mustn't tell me you haven't gotten into trouble when you clearly have been!" He gave a mirthful laugh and stood up once the armour was secured again, looking over at his granddaughter. "If you had been hurt, I would have never known who to kill to avenge you, little one. You mustn't be so incautious in the future!"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria pouts. "But I wasn't in trouble. I was just exploring and having fun. I didn't get hurt or anything."

She sighs. "And you need to poke things here, to have any fun."

29. - Top - End - #269

"Can you show me this dagger you obtained from the Alpha Legionnaire?" he asked, taking a moment to sweep his sensors across the area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth is opposed by awareness, so awareness check!

(1d100)[89] v. 100

Also, I'll do a tech-use just 'cause.

(1d100)[17] v 10.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria pauses and then nods, moving so the dagger she draws isn't visible to Setesh. The surface gleams and seems to ripple, the weapon appearing to be a work of art.