New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Good Lord

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs down Good Lord

Change the registration method. Having 2 image verification things makes it so darn hard to join. Btw it's not lowercase for the character image, you need cap for Vaarsuvius.

Plus you can't even find info to contact the admin for the forums. You guys have to fix those things.....

Silv.....

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Good Lord

I believe the official answer is still this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    In all seriousness, yes, it is currently required, unfortunately, far too many bots slip by either one method. Unfortunately too, we don't have a great deal of control over the CAPTCHA, it's part of the system. That said, I will take a look at it and see if anything can be done to improve it.

These won't help you now for this site, but in places where you have these problems, you might consider a plugin/extension that will save a form for you, then it can automagically fill it out for you if you have to try it again. Also, I believe the note about using lowercase can be removed as that bug should have been fixed ages ago, the note was left in only as a precaution.
    Also, the "Contact us" link is at the bottom of each page in the forum.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Good Lord

Sheriff: No. Also, telling us what to do is a bit rude. If you'd like something changed, perhaps a politely worded question might be more likely to achieve your aim? Thread locked.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex