New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Can't go online right now. My brain is distracted. But seriously, my friend is EXACTLY like Black Star. Everyone who meets her says it. They then proceed to either call me Death the Kid or Crona, all fem!Black Star thinks I'm more like the Grim Reaper himself.

I also know a girl who is exactly the same as Maka. Not even kidding, my school has both of them.

Yes, but my mom went off to college today, so she wanted it, because it technically belongs to her. And LaLa, you need to go outside more. <hugs> Take swimming lessons! Just a wild stab in the dark here, but was your only socialization time school, back when you went there?

I probably shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.
    Oooh, interesting. I doubt you're Crona though, you're clearly female after all.

Yha, school was my only socialization time, and I usually didn't do it because I was busy doing work

I'd take swimming lessons but I'm afraid of deep water.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Eh. FemKilik's cuter. Also, stop disrespecting Black*Star! Spell his name correctly!
    Ah right, my bad. And personally I liked FemSoul myself. MaleMaka was also fantastic, though.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Guys, is there any reason why I shouldn't make myself a cooked breakfast for dinner?

'cause I'm thinking I'm gonna do that...

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, first, I was referring to personalities, not to when there was gender switching things going on in that part of Soul Eater I haven't watched.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oooh, interesting. I doubt you're Crona though, you're clearly female after all.

Yha, school was my only socialization time, and I usually didn't do it because I was busy doing work

I'd take swimming lessons but I'm afraid of deep water.
    The basic personality has nothing to do with gender, in this case, and Crona is ambiguous. They could be a chick too anyway. I believe in the manga she is, actually, though I'm not sure.

<smacks> BAD! go call someone and hang out right now!

See, this is why there are shallow swimming pools to get started on.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Guys, is there any reason why I shouldn't make myself a cooked breakfast for dinner?

'cause I'm thinking I'm gonna do that...
    No reason not too *eats pancakes for supper*

Okay, first, I was referring to personalities, not to when there was gender switching things going on in that part of Soul Eater I haven't watched.

The basic personality has nothing to do with gender, in this case, and Crona is ambiguous. They could be a chick too anyway. I believe in the manga she is, actually, though I'm not sure.

<smacks> BAD! go call someone and hang out right now!

See, this is why there are shallow swimming pools to get started on.
    Yha, we kinda segued into a reference. Also, you won't get to watch it because the anime ends on its really crappy end before it gets to that part. It's manga only. I'll show it to you later when I can.

I have no one in real life to hang out with

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

No reason not too *eats pancakes for supper*
    Already done

Not totally sure the sausages were totally cooked through though...

6. - Top - End - #666

Yha, we kinda segued into a reference. Also, you won't get to watch it because the anime ends on its really crappy end before it gets to that part. It's manga only. I'll show it to you later when I can.

I have no one in real life to hang out with
    I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THAT ANIME IT IS AWESOME!

Cobra. Move to Canadia. Naow.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #667

I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THAT ANIME IT IS AWESOME!

I'm not saying the anime is bad. Infact, it's VERY faithful to the manga and is incredibly awesome. And then it reaches Baba Yaga's castle and it goes completely off the plot of the manga and then ends.

8. - Top - End - #668

I'm not saying the anime is bad. Infact, it's VERY faithful to the manga and is incredibly awesome. And then it reaches Baba Yaga's castle and it goes completely off the plot of the manga and then ends.
    It never goes to Baba Yaga's castle in the first place. Or if it does, then I've totally forgotten then whole thing.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669

It never goes to Baba Yaga's castle in the first place. Or if it does, then I've totally forgotten then whole thing.
    Oh, right. If I recall, instead of going to Baba Yaga's castle is goes somewhere completely different. Also it has someone other then Dr Stein killing Beat The **** Out Of You Joe.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes, you just have to be blunt Teddy. It's as simple as that. "I may disagree with you, but you're made a good point and in terms of actually debating you made a really good point. Lets drop it and have some internet tea."
    The thing is that I don't think he made a good point. I think any sharing of names between two quite different concepts is a misnomer and a cause of confusion. The only reason for why I concede is that if I would go on, I would either have to go against my own values or say things I know are flat out wrong. Neither behaviour is something I'll let myself stoop so low as to engage in in any form of debate.

Eh. FemKilik's cuter. Also, stop disrespecting Black*Star! Spell his name correctly!
    I fail to see how what she said deviates from that pattern...[/programming joke]

I just... I'm still really sorry! Aaah!
    Interesting though. Nobody in my school asks for my help, despite the fact they all outright call me a genius (they are still very very wrong.) And now I want a picture of your hat. Preferably with the super-sexy Teddy inside.
    Stop being sorry, everyone can't keep track of me all the time, and this isn't even close to one of the more egregious cases.

And, I think that the fact that I'm always willing to help, no matter if the asker is way ahead of me in what we're doing or if helping means that I'll have to go up 3 hours earlier in the morning, while I also tend to know what I'm doing, has made me the one you first turn to with any questions. And I help, because I feel obliged to. Just as you feel inadequate because you can't breeze through every subject, I can't help but feel that I must compensate for being able to...

Also, from the You thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Student graduation, last summer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Me as a recently graduated student together with my two older brothers, my aunt (on dad's side) and my two cousins. I was wondering what my sign would be when I saw this one over the crowd, and you have no idea how happy it made me. I heard some people mumbling about it being weird, but I didn't care:

Me and mum. The envelope holds my (high school) grades. They were good:
    It's tradition to write a few last words in your friends' student hats. They can be anything from a thank for something he did in the last three years, a statement about him being missed or just some general pep talk. I even got a mildly flirtatious message from someone who didn't write her (I assume) name. I'm still intrigued by the origins of that message, but I'm too insecure about it to start any investigations. Or even mention it to any of my old friends...

Elden...can...read..people? WELL? What is this, and since WHEN?!?
    He has an insight modifier of +14. He might not be the most empathic person, nor even care half of the time, but when he does, he reads you like a book. Also, I can allow myself to be wrong through Elden, which means that I can afford to guess, and I think I'm better than bad at it when I actually dare to. In real life, being wrong hurts me more than knowing that I don't know...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671

Firstly, is that a spoiler? Secondly, is that Coffee Joe, or someone else?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672

The thing is that I don't think he made a good point. I think any sharing of names between two quite different concepts is a misnomer and a cause of confusion. The only reason for why I concede is that if I would go on, I would either have to go against my own values or say things I know are flat out wrong. Neither behaviour is something I'll let myself stoop so low as to engage in in any form of debate.
    Maybe I'm silly, but why not just say that then?

Firstly, is that a spoiler? Secondly, is that Coffee Joe, or someone else?
    Er....yes and yes. Sorry

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

<huggles> Are they really? I'm sorry.

Well, to be fair, nobody uses LaLa either, just Zodi, so maybe nicknames are just a lot harder than Toph and Sokka make it seem.
    ... I ONLY use LaLa. Tellitubby jokes!
    Actually, my brother is a lot like that. At school, he refused to do anything he did not want to do (He did not write anything down longer than a sentence fragment for two years, par example.), didn't talk to people, did all the Socially Wrong Things (he dressed like L every day, except his clothes were dirty and smelly and his jeans were covered with holes, as were his five-year-old shoes. He slouched in school and talked like a robot, sang at weird times and didn't make eye contact), and he had tons of friends who all looked up to him because he was the smartest person in the school as well as a brilliant actor, and they all attempted to stay in contact with him after he dropped out of high school because the colleges and jobs were offering him spots anyway.
    Blurghle. I accuse him of being batman.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Working on it, Moon.

*hugs*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

I fail to see how what she said deviates from that pattern...[/programming joke]
    This is a terrible joke. I feel bad for understanding it and you should feel bad for making it... on the plus side, you made me go look up the escape code for a proper black star.

Now I can properly represent the glory of Black★Star's greatness!

16. - Top - End - #676

This is a terrible joke. I feel bad for understanding it and you should feel bad for making it... on the plus side, you made me go look up the escape code for a proper black star.

I don't think my laptop can do those special signs. The only one I've discovered is the Euro. And I forget how too now

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe I'm silly, but why not just say that then?
    Because it's a too long description of my motivations. I just want to mumble something barely intelligible and proceed with conversation as if the discussion never happened. Everyone understands that in real life, but it just looks weird in written text.

EDIT:
    I don't think my laptop can do those special signs. The only one I've discovered is the Euro. And I forget how too now
    Alt Gr + E
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-09-22 at 04:07 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #678

NecromancerGuy

It's tradition to write a few last words in your friends' student hats. They can be anything from a thank for something he did in the last three years, a statement about him being missed or just some general pep talk. I even got a mildly flirtatious message from someone who didn't write her (I assume) name. I'm still intrigued by the origins of that message, but I'm too insecure about it to start any investigations. Or even mention it to any of my old friends...
    Why's that? Surely the time and place you find yourself in and your peers find themselves in means that any embarrassment is going to be forgotten in the hurley burley of moving on to the next phase of their lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #679

What's the Gr key Teddy? Remember, Canadian board
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-09-22 at 04:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Why's that? Surely the time and place you find yourself in and your peers find themselves in means that any embarrassment is going to be forgotten in the hurley burley of moving on to the next phase of their lives?
    Because whenever I think about mentioning it, my head instantly runs an analysis of the worst case scenarios. Everyone laughs at me and remembers forever is one of them. Who said that fears have to be rational?

What's the Gr key Teddy? Remember, Canadian board
    Not "Gr", it's "Alt Gr" on one key. It should be right there to the right of the space button. Unless you're on a Mac, I suppose...

Show

21. - Top - End - #681

NecromancerGuy

Because whenever I think about mentioning it, my head instantly runs an analysis of the worst case scenarios. Everyone laughs at me and remembers forever is one of them. Who said that fears have to be rational?
    Irrational fears are just there so that we have something to powergrind out the last couple of levels on before we take down Giygas.

And the worst case scenario is actually that they'd be driven into a jealous rage, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

I've never known the difference between Alt and Alt Gr.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #683
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Teddy: You seem to be mixing up the terms "antisocial personality disorder" and "antisocial behaviour", which have specific meanings, with the generic term of "antisocial". They are very different in connotations. Antisocial is merely against being social, in any way shape or form (including just avoiding it).

Not "Gr", it's "Alt Gr" on one key. It should be right there to the right of the space button. Unless you're on a Mac, I suppose...
    The Alt Gr key mostly exists on only a very small number of keyboards produced for specific (mostly European) regions such as France, though some international keyboards have it now (but this was a recent addition). The right Alt key performs the same function on most keyboards.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have a third symbol on your keyboard like my UK one, you can use the Alt Gr to type those instead (that's how you type the € symbol, for example.)

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

25. - Top - End - #685

....I've never seen this key before...

Doesn't seem to do anything fancy though.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Teddy: You seem to be mixing up the terms "antisocial personality disorder" and "antisocial behaviour", which have specific meanings, with the generic term of "antisocial". They are very different in connotations. Antisocial is merely against being social, in any way shape or form (including just avoiding it).
    As I clearly stated, I don't wish to continue this discussion...

The Alt Gr key exists on only a very small number of keyboards produced for specific European regions such as France.
    Lack of standard continues to amaze me. Also, I'm convinced by now that my keyboard is capable of producing somewhere around 10 times as many characters as the standard American (or whatever) one (if you ignore Unicode Alt + X cheating).

I mean, I have two different ways of producing the 'ä' and 'ö' characters, and the only latin letters I know for sure that I can't make is that French 'c' with a hook and the German double-'s'. Oh and those upside down question and exclamation marks, but hey, I'm neither interested in French nor Spanish, and even the Germans seem a bit undecided on whether double-'s' is a letter or not. For as long as I can write 'ü' in two key presses, I'm fine.

Show

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

I've also heard that definition, and I'm inclined to agree with it. My definition of a friend is basically someone who it doesn't cost me too much energy to spend time with.

EDIT: My internet fails. That was in response to the discussion on introversion.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2012-09-22 at 06:23 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

28. - Top - End - #688

No such thing. It just says "Alt" on both sides. The bottom row is, on my keyboard, from left to right "Ctrl", "Fn" with a little box around it, the windows sign, "Alt", the spacebar "Alt" I don't even know what that key is, but apparently it brings up the menu as if I right-clicked, and then "Ctrl"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

As I clearly stated, I don't wish to continue this discussion...
    No, you didn't. There was absolutely nothing obvious about a wish to no longer continue any discussion related to the academic argument at all (not even to find common ground), especially as you continued to argue it after the fact. I wasn't even continuing to argue the definition, just point out where the confusion may lie (as those terms do relate to what you were saying).

And about what you said after the fact, etymology seems to suggest that "unsocial" seems to have been the first use of the word anti-social (with hyphen), so it would be best if we found a different word for antisocial personality disorder and antisocial behaviour to avoid confusion.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

entomology
    using the wrong word, greatest possible sin, etc etc
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.