New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default DDO start-up problem

So, I recently reinstalled DDO. However, when I try to open it, it almost immediately says, "The Launcher has been updated and must restart." So I push "Okay" and it closes out and... doesn't restart. I open it again, and it displays the same notice. Over and over, I can't get past this part.

Anyone have any advice to fix this? (I'm using the stormreach disk. Is that the problem?)
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-24 at 02:16 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DDO start-up problem

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I recently reinstalled DDO. However, when I try to open it, it almost immediately says, "The Launcher has been updated and must restart." So I push "Okay" and it closes out and... doesn't restart. I open it again, and it displays the same notice. Over and over, I can't get past this part.

Anyone have any advice to fix this? (I'm using the stormreach disk. Is that the problem?)
    Have you checked the firewall? Sometimes, the firewall blocks the Launcher from updating.

That sort of thing happened to me once, but when it happened, there was an error message before the Launcher tried to restart again. It mentioned the program, which ended up being the firewall I had. Try next time to activate the Task Manager, and get to the "Services" tab, and then temporarily stop the firewall while the Launcher restarts; then, restart the service.

If that doesn't work, that's as much as I can help then.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.