New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: God Save the Queen, Indeed: Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

Attend Court!

Also Resist Magic and Sense Magic
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

So I have a question. When Elodie mentioned the possibility of the owl being attacked, who else immediately thought: "Frack! It's that monster they mentioned a couple weeks back isn't it."
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2012-09-30 at 03:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Elodie is played by Keanu Reeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    So I have a question. When Elodie mentioned the possibility of the owl being attacked, who else immediately thought: "Frack! It's that monster they mentioned a couple weeks back isn't it."
    Nope. It's an omen of something totally unrelated to the Keythong. I mean...I guess the Keythong could have attacked it, but that's not why Elodie's seeing it.
    Passing that is a requirement for a checklist item, actually.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Magic is more or less the most overpowered stat in this game. You can survive everything this game throws at you with maxed out magic, the correct decision choices, and maybe a certain other stat.

So yeah, continue on the road to being magical Batman. Be the heroine that Nova deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Nope. It's an omen of something totally unrelated to the Keythong. I mean...I guess the Keythong could have attacked it, but that's not why Elodie's seeing it.
    Passing that is a requirement for a checklist item, actually.
    I'm gonna interpret that as good news.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

You do that. Yoooouuuu do that.

Chapter 19: Week 14: Mood: Willful
    Or
    MOAR MAGIC!

Spoiler
    Show

It came down to a tie between attending service and attending court...
    So I guess we'll attend service for now.

And now we...need more magic.

So...We now have mental shielding and we can see in the dark. Handy things for a batgirl.

The what of the who?
    "There will be public celebrations for the commoners followed by a grand gala for the nobility."

Apparently it's some sort of nature festival. Neato.

"However, since you are not yet crowned, it is not required, and it may not be safe to expose you to the public."
    Oh, just FYI...You know how I sometimes mention the game having kid gloves in the early bits while you build up skills, not sending you too many assassins, just choices that determine who's assassinating you?
    This is Joslyn telling you that those are gone now. We'll see where the trouble starts.

Read my summary, Elodie.
    "Outside of the castle, you are less well protected. If anyone means you harm...Think on it now, decide later.
    There is a letter for you as well."

So she's another attendee of the world's worst boarding school, where rich young girls go to learn nothing.
    "(She's complaining that her mother still won't let her come home for the holidays.)"

And she's related to Kevan, the earl of Jerk...And he's ticked off at us. I'm sure nothing bad will come of that, right?

"(She's bored and looking for an adventure. Well, I don't have any to suggest to her.)"

Anyway, it's another weekend. Unless someone motions to break from power-leveling, we'll keep on that...
    Though we do want to think of where we'll be and what we'll want to do when we're done.

Everything's even except Willfull, which is sky-high.

All our options are same as last week, except I'm pretty sure Attending Service does nothing, since our mood is level.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Attend Court, Power Magic!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Do an activity that will reduce Willful a bit, and keep powerleveling Magic.

After we're done with that(shouldn't be fore, what, 3 more weeks?), I suggest going back to Falcons and Internal Affairs.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

we've trained sense and resist and we've got a pretty good bonus so double wield magic for next week then everything in sense after, right ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-30 at 04:43 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's play with our toys and then double up on Wield Magic.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, I did not notice this LP before now.

I agree, work on lowering Willful so we can switch easier later on and double up on Wield Magic.

After we're done... maybe finally dip into some social skills a bit? Fireballs and intrigue aren't the answer to every problem, after all (just 99% of them).
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-09-30 at 06:05 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Let's play with our toys and then double up on Wield Magic.
    QFT rytloj;ip'k9;7t
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey guys, it's a spoiler tag, it exists for a reason.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've made that Sense Magic check. It is a game changer. Want to know how much Sense Magic you need? More. No, more than that You basically have to blow everything else to make it.

I don't think we want to back off from Willful just yet. I've had times where it got a lot higher than +1 to skill (there was a point in my first successful game where it was +2.41).

But yeah, double up Wield Magic next set of classes.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

15. - Top - End - #405
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I've made the check too. Whether it is a major game changer or not depends on what you choose to do and whether you make both Sense Magic checks. If you only make the first one it doesn't change that much, while if you make the other you get a choice and the one option I tried only provided some cryptic foreshadowing that I wasn't able to get the game to follow up on.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've made the check too. Whether it is a major game changer or not depends on what you choose to do and whether you make both Sense Magic checks. If you only make the first one it doesn't change that much, while if you make the other you get a choice and the one option I tried only provided some cryptic foreshadowing that I wasn't able to get the game to follow up on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if you make one or both and then pick anything but "Keep secret" it's going to remove at least two future events, alter C's disposal towards you and appear in the ending credits. I think option 2 also makes the navy check easier.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I consider clearing out two assasination attempts a pretty good game-changer, since that's apparently what this does. Not to mention...Well...
    I've never gotten to go to that party ever. I've always had my Elodie doing other things, so I can never clear those checks. I've always wanted to meet Briony, and never did...

I can also only imagine it'll make getting to an ending besides "Woopsie, Togami killed our dad" easier, since we'll have access to a third Lumen. Heck, maybe even 4, if we end up trying things that way.

That extra bonus is from you having learned more in it. It has nothing to do with the extremity of your mood.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-30 at 07:59 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #408
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Personal note: When I was a little kid, my father used to tell me not to stare into the sun. So, one day when I was a Lumen, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Attend Court and Wield Magic and Sense Magic
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

I consider clearing out two assasination attempts a pretty good game-changer, since that's apparently what this does. Not to mention...Well...
    I've never gotten to go to that party ever. I've always had my Elodie doing other things, so I can never clear those checks. I've always wanted to meet Briony, and never did...

I can also only imagine it'll make getting to an ending besides "Woopsie, Togami killed our dad" easier, since we'll have access to a third Lumen. Heck, maybe even 4, if we end up trying things that way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So that's where those two assassination attempts went so ofte. Also, never had Togami kill my father, didn't even know it was possible. I've destroyed the enemy navy with magic, escaped to seek help from Tallarist and both won and lost the magic duel. Didn't even know dad could get killed since I've never seen it happen. On the other hand, I've been to the later party several times. Briony is a tricky and interesting one to deal with, I can quite recommend trying. Even if it'll likely get you killed.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So that's where those two assassination attempts went so ofte. Also, never had Togami kill my father, didn't even know it was possible. I've destroyed the enemy navy with magic, escaped to seek help from Tallarist and both won and lost the magic duel. Didn't even know dad could get killed since I've never seen it happen. On the other hand, I've been to the later party several times. Briony is a tricky and interesting one to deal with, I can quite recommend trying. Even if it'll likely get you killed.
    Spoiler
    Show

He can. I think you need to not be a lumen, since that's when I've gotten it, so it's not relevant here... He sacrifices himself to get Togami off your back, since apparently magic runs *really* thick in our family tree.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #412
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

He can. I think you need to not be a lumen, since that's when I've gotten it, so it's not relevant here... He sacrifices himself to get Togami off your back, since apparently magic runs *really* thick in our family tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't even know you could do that. I guess that means that at least one of my deaths could have been avoided.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't even know you could do that. I guess that means that at least one of my deaths could have been avoided.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not a very good result. It's not death, but... It's a really depressing ending.
    I've gotten a really cute ending through not being a Lumen, but being competent during that sequence, though.

Wow, this is a lot of spoilers.
    ...Uhhh...Let's get back to the LP, shall we?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #414

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, wait, does that path open up the "terrible family secret" check thing? 'cause I've never played a non-lumen game but I played one game where in the ending it was mentioned Elodie found her father's artifact storage (I think it was maxing Faith skill tree) and it didn't happen. I did not know he could die either.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, those are the two events I mentioned; the assassination attempts are tied to not making her your Minister or killing her. It's actually amusing, I didn't notice any backstab attempts after making her Minister even tho that's the option that only requires one successful Sense Motive. Seems the harder check is actually less desirable here...?

I really liked the Briony subplot, especially the Forest; that was probably the hardest thing I've encountered in the game. I didn't notice any remarks on Briony in the ending though, which I found weird.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-09-30 at 09:24 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

...Spoiler tag those, please.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #416

...Spoiler tag those, please.
    Sorry, wrong tags

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, wait, does that path open up the "terrible family secret" check thing? 'cause I've never played a non-lumen game but I played one game where in the ending I found my father's artifact storage (I think it was maxing Faith skill tree) and it didn't proc. I did not know he could die either.
    Spoiler
    Show

From what I've read (but never seen, since I've never done any Briony stuff...I want to so much...), the terrible family secret is actually a Briony thing. Something about a letter and ciphering and junk.

I'm not sure if this counts as on-topic or not, but we should probably stop discussing this stuff here for now.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

So many spoiler boxes...

29. - Top - End - #419
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not a very good result. It's not death, but... It's a really depressing ending.
    I've gotten a really cute ending through not being a Lumen, but being competent during that sequence, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    The one where Julianna and Selene marry and take Briony as their ward? Because I really liked that one when I got it. It was cute. Or was it the one where you save the day with the power of music?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Serious special ending spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magical Idol Princess Elodie uses Power of Music. It's super effective. ^_^ That was actually my second ending, since I saw it in the checklist and immediately put two and two together after getting my first ending (recognize him as a musician, lose my father, barely skate by the next skill test).

On a non-spoilery note, thanks for posting this. I hadn't realized that a new game had come out from Hanako Games, so I immediately went and picked this up.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)