New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: God Save the Queen, Indeed: Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

The mother has her owns lands. And isn't a Duchy larger than a County? So the daughter has more power and prestige than her mom.

Hmmm. I say side with the daughter. If our friend is the one in power, we can take over this land without as much trouble know we can rely on her later on. If we side with her mom now, she may not be too willing to do us favors later on, and the mom will keep/gain power, and possibly prove to be a problem herself later on...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

...Really? Nobody comments on how we just learned how to fire off waves of pure hatred?

Anyway, I vote we support the daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Duchess outranks Countess, side with Gwenelle. Besides as far as I can tell she is in the right. Gwenelle is a legal adult and thus Lieke has no business interfering in the affairs of the Duchy of Sudbury. At least I think that's what they are arguing about.
    Support the Daughter!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Row, row, fight the powah! Side with the daughter!
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Did we even buy her a present? The least we can do is side wth her. It is her birthday after all. (plus all the previous comments)

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Oooooh, so it's Lucille we owe the pleasure of the 'arrow into the gut' special in so many alternate timeline ? (Kinda wish there was a way to get her back for it.) There' s one thing i never understood about this death, I can undertand why an arrow would kill you, sure, but why the hell does elodie try to push it through herself, that I just don't get.
    Damn, I wanted to see if more bodyguards affected that event too (I think it does ?)

Welp anyway, it seems not everyone has parents as willing not to juge and let badly screw up their offsprings as our dad. I'd say side with the mother (she does have a point) but that would set a bad precedent in washed up parents/young heireis relationships, so daughter
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-10-22 at 03:03 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

7. - Top - End - #757
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    There' s one thing i never understood about this death, I can undertand why an arrow would kill you, sure, but why the hell does elodie try to push it through herself, that I just don't get.
    Because unless you take great pains to make her otherwise, Elodie is an idiot.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Oooooh, so it's Lucille we owe the pleasure of the 'arrow into the gut' special in so many alternate timeline ? (Kinda wish there was a way to get her back for it.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You could kill her at the same ball, where you hired her as minister. You need Sense Magic and Resist Magic at like 100 each or something. Then when she pretends to be weak, you could tell her that you knew she was more powerful than she was letting on. And when she tries and drop you, your Resist Magic would reflect the spell and fry her.

Note: I don't have the game. Saw this on a youtube playthrough

I've heard, but not seen various other rumours, that if your had assigned spies to watch your nobles, or managed to make the Court Musician a spy, they could tip you off that she sent you the poison chocolates, and then you could deal with her some other way.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

9. - Top - End - #759
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You could kill her at the same ball, where you hired her as minister. You need Sense Magic and Resist Magic at like 100 each or something. Then when she pretends to be weak, you could tell her that you knew she was more powerful than she was letting on. And when she tries and drop you, your Resist Magic would reflect the spell and fry her.

Note: I don't have the game. Saw this on a youtube playthrough

I've heard, but not seen various other rumours, that if your had assigned spies to watch your nobles, or managed to make the Court Musician a spy, they could tip you off that she sent you the poison chocolates, and then you could deal with her some other way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can have her whole family killed if you get the spy; kinda scary she could do that to Charlotte but eh... You can also assassinate her or force them to flee the country or whatever. This only comes at the end of the game, mind, and your spy isn't quite certain it's Lucille; just 90% or so. It requires successful Instruments+Voice check in addition to the Intrigue check to get the Spy tho. Then you can ask him to showcase his other talents and later he'll start working on the poisoned chocolate case. And the Sense Magic is 90 but the Resist Magic is only 80 IIRC.

Tho Charlotte won't talk to you until the end of the game if you do kill her. Eventually she'll decide she can't see either Elodie wanting to kill Lucille or Lucille wanting to kill Elo so it's just a huge misunderstanding and she kinda ignores it.

My last spoiler block clogging up this thread. I promise!
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-10-22 at 08:06 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Side with the daughter.

BTW, I've always had the impression I was supposed to know more about this argument than I do. Nice to see this was a mistaken impression.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 35, Part 2:
    Man, Elodie's not All There Sometimes, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

Alright! Sorry for missing yesterday, I was totally out of it for the most part.

Let's side with the young!

"Thank you!"

Oh, you don't go bringing our completely non-judgemental dad into this!

But it's not true! Well, it might be. Whatever, Elodie.

A bit later, Briony catches up with you.

Meet Briony, the only girl more ribbon-y than us. She's got a pretty big family, being related to...uhh...Almost every major Novan player of our interest. I think the only one she's not related to is Lord Smugface Mc Facesmug and his family, and Lucille's family.
    It all sounds kind of in-bred when I put it like that...
    "I mean, I am sorry about your mother..."
    Oooof course you are, what with all your cozying up to me now that I'm to be queen and all.

"Thanks."
    Good girl, accept the vague, second-thought sort of sympathy.

Well, we did sort get to be a magical girl and are chiling with your aunt and stuff.

That's an odd way of putting it.
    Nice editorial, game.

And now she comes to her *real* purpose; asking us if we know anything cool.
    Well, we have been preparing.

"What secrets?"
    Uhhh...Elodie. We know all sorts of secrets. Like magic and stuff. And we can tell who's a witch. And we've been studying intrique and mystical secrets for several months.

"Like, how to get into the old palace! I've heard it's packed full of treasure."

Aaaand this is why we were studying lore. So we can know about stuff Briony cares about. We're gonna get the chance to be some sort of meddling kid-adventurer stuff...Like, proper magical girl junk.

"Exactly! They had to leave in a hurry, so they left all kinds of treasure behind. And nobody ever goes there because the forest is supposed to be haunted, so the treasure's probably still there!"

And now, suddenly, stuff from the early game is vaguely relevant, and we're expected to remember it. Cruel, game. Cruel.
    (But what if she's right and it's full of ancient treasure?)

And nooow we get to have some fun. I mean, I'm hoping we're going to have some fun, since this is the entire reason I encouraged us to study all that lore, since these choices won't appear if we don't have some answer to her 'secrets' talk.

LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Offer to Help, though defiantly make a save for this point
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

13. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

Offer to help.

Should be interesting.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

We haven't actually died yet have we? I say we try to talk her out of it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Offer to Help, though defiantly make a save for this point
    I make a save for almost every point. I have two or three pages for saves for this LP alone, and am moving onto another one in a choice or two. In fact...
    I'm actually making a list of every choice we've made thusfar: decisions, lessons, weekend activities...All of it. This is a pretty time-consuming chore, and I've just gotten through Week 10. If anyone'd like to add some material to this list, it'd be a big help.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-23 at 12:34 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Adventure!
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I make a save for almost every point. I have two or three pages for saves for this LP alone, and am moving onto another one in a choice or two. In fact...
    I'm actually making a list of every choice we've made thusfar: decisions, lessons, weekend activities...All of it. This is a pretty time-consuming chore, and I've just gotten through Week 10. If anyone'd like to add some material to this list, it'd be a big help.
    You can just choose the Log-option in the menu and the game will give you the story thus far with every choice taken, saved as a .html.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Adventure time!!!!!!!!
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

*facepalm*
    Why didn't I think of that...?

Well, actually...That may not be ideal. The objective is less a summary of events (because we have the entire LP for that), and more a list of things that people can quote and edit with their changes in the event of our demise. Like "This is what you guys said we should do" so they can, in turn, send back "This is what we should go back and do differently."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-23 at 01:10 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    *facepalm*
    Why didn't I think of that...?

Well, actually...That may not be ideal. The objective is less a summary of events (because we have the entire LP for that), and more a list of things that people can quote and edit with their changes in the event of our demise. Like "This is what you guys said we should do" so they can, in turn, send back "This is what we should go back and do differently."
    Mail me the log after we're done with the day, I'll write a quick program to cut out the story parts and only leave the decisions (or do it manually, either way I'll get you the full list for the day after I receive it).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-10-23 at 01:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Why even pretend? We know we're going to offer to help, because adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

What time is it?
    Adventure Time!
    (offer help, which is us doing all the work of course)

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

This party is borooring let's ditch it to go on an adventure !

Besides we're a magical girl now, fighting monster has got to be totaly up our alley.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-10-23 at 03:06 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's offer to help. After all if we never die this LP is going to be pretty boring.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Adventure Time!

...We're so gonna die, aren't we?
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 35, Part 3
    Or
    Mathematical!

Spoiler
    Show

Now, see, when you think about it...We never really had a choice. At least not the first time at it.
    Like we couldn't not help her have adventures in lethal, monster-filled forests.

That requires 800 points in our hidden 'adventure mapping' skill.
    "But if you come back to the castle with me, we can check the archives."
    Or that. That works too.

"Great! I knew you could help!"

It's worth noticing that unless you either go with her and save her or talk her out of it somehow, she *will* sneak off.
    Never to be heard from again, creating trouble for us.
    That's our Briony!

"I'll ditch my escort, sneak ahead, and meet you at the castle!"

For us? Yes.
    For you? No. Not really.

At the end, you all share a pleasant meal and prepare to return to your various lands.

And then it's weekend time! We get one more week before we go to our probable long-awaited death adventuring with Briony! Or whatever.

Holy shoot are we ever willful.

Also, here's our current save status...

Only pages 1 and 2 are my personal saves. We have 5 pages of saves. I'm ready for anything.
    ...I wonder what'll happen if we fill those up by the end of the game...

LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

(Were is the 'oh hey I guess you are less of an idiot than I though" line ? i alway fount that one hilarious, for some reason.)

Well anyway let us have 'fun'. Horrible deadly tragic fun
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-10-23 at 07:35 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

(Were is the 'oh hey I guess you are less of an idiot than I though" line ? i alway fount that one hilarious, for some reason.)

Well anyway let us have 'fun'. Horrible deadly tragic fun
    That's...
    Spoiler
    Show

If you manage to tell her to go talk to mom, which we could do had we gone into cheerful and conversation instead of willful after Lore training. I'll bring that up when we die.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Lets Attend Court, that should make it easier to get out of Willful and set us on our way to Depressed. After that I think we should max out our Resist Magic and Wield Magic and hope that those will help us survive our adventure.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Definitely Attend Court. And let's not neglect our other skills...how about Wield Magic and Internal Affairs?