New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: God Save the Queen, Indeed: Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

Talking individual sliders, not general mood. Or is that all that counts?
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

General mood is all that counts for bonuses, and its effect is static: Being Afraid with 1 off the baseline is the exact same, in terms of bonuses, as being afraid to the max.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-20 at 10:29 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Let's Talk to Dad.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

I think it'd be easier to generate a consistent personality if we knew what we were ultimately aiming for (committee or not).

My impression was that people were expecting the longer-term goals to be Agility, Weapons, Animal Handling, Intrigue, and Economics (as a means of directly boosting magical competency when that is available).

That seems like a semi-decent Master of Spies concept. I have no idea how useful this would be in-game, but is that the general idea?

If these are the goals, we'd be well-positioned to get more Willful (boost: Intrigue), Depressed (Animal Handling), or Angrier (Weapons). Staying Afraid as we are will allow us to keep training in the other two Agility skills and unlock higher skill potential, though historically court assasinations don't all happen by means of a couple of drunken knights fresh from the Crusades.

Edit: Oh yes, Talk to Julianna to get some more info on our dead maternal unit, barring better ideas.
    Last edited by Mobius Twist; 2012-09-21 at 09:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Congratulations, Deme, you've sold another copy of Long Live the Queen! (Perhaps Hanako should hire you . . . )

Anyway, since we're Afraid, we might as well improve our Agility. I'll vote for Flexibilityx2, since it sounds useful for escaping from being restrained. (I have no idea whether Lodie has any need to worry about such things, but it seems like a plausible occurrence - if she's in danger of assassination, she's probably a kidnapping target as well.)

I suspect that talking to Julianna would just lead to a repeat of the "Do You Have the Crystal?" conversation; I'm curious about what Talking to Dad would do, so I'll vote for it.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    I think it'd be easier to generate a consistent personality if we knew what we were ultimately aiming for (committee or not).
    Personally, I'm trying to make her Vetinari. The commitee seems to be angling for Magical Vetinari with Rottweiler Minions, and I'm largely OK with that.

I vote Visit the Dungeon, the Depressed mood will let us train Dogs (which we need for the Fox Hunting costume, I presume) and Voice, and then with a bit of luck hit Willful and pump our Intrigue/Lumen skills the week after that .
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-09-21 at 06:13 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote dungeons and doubling up on trade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Attend Court. I still would like to improve Royal Demeanour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Kalirush for the most excellent Avatar.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Personally, I'm trying to make her Vetinari. The commitee seems to be angling for Magical Vetinari with Rottweiler Minions, and I'm largely OK with that.

I vote Visit the Dungeon, the Depressed mood will let us train Dogs (which we need for the Fox Hunting costume, I presume) and Voice, and then with a bit of luck hit Willful and pump our Intrigue/Lumen skills the week after that .
    The week after that? We still can't access the crystal...

But yes, people working out some sort of personality or goal, even if they have to take a death or two to do so, is a good idea: Long Live the Queen rewards focus. Not single-minded focus, but focus all the same.

Anyway, it's a tie, so I'll let it wait a bit before checking what mood we end up in.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-21 at 08:20 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So, I downloaded the demo and ran with it a few times so this thread would make more sense. I'm probably registering the game tonight. You getting a finder's fee\comission for us, Deme?

I have some questions I'm going to spoiler since this is supposed to be about playing the game.

Spoiler
    Show

1> In the demo the events are following the same chain as here, and have followed the same chain each time I've done it. So I take it the events are fixed?

2> The skills seem to be much easier to raise in the demo than I'm seeing here; I've had weeks where I got nearly 20 points from one class. Is this just a case of "it's easier in the demo to get you to buy the game" or a case of "we nerfed it on further consideration" ?

3> I'm a little confused on the "events" screen, especially since it seems that some of the events change from week to week.

4> Is there somewhere in game where I can get the info on what moods affect what skills, or am I facing a test of my GoogleFu?

Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-09-21 at 08:23 AM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

> Not fixed exactly, but early in the game, before you make a lot of choices that affect the future events,

> I have no idea. I never played the demo. This may be a difference of 'how focused are you?' since you get bonuses to learning a skill from learning the skill.

>....Events screen? You mean the weekend activities screen? What's confusing you?

> It's google-foo. Oh, there's a wiki, though.

...I wish I got a commission. Still, sharing the love will have to be payment enough.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Fine, fine, let's go talk to dad and pump our various agility skills twice in classes.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Alright. For those of you who have not yet voted for classes, Talking to Dad leaves us still Afraid, with the bonuses to the stuff we'd had bonuses to.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post

Okay, it just hit me. We're making BATMAN. Ace, the batdog. Stealth and intrigue. Preternatural physical ability. Combat training. Little-to-no social skills. Moody, angry, and depressed.

Yep, it fits.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm gonna vote for Dogs and Dance.

Dance may come in handy if we have to attend a ball or something, and try to look like we know what we're doing. And unless I misunderstood, but raising Dance or another Agility skill, we can then go back to raising Reflexes.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Dance may come in handy if we have to attend a ball or something, and try to look like we know what we're doing. And unless I misunderstood, but raising Dance or another Agility skill, we can then go back to raising Reflexes.
    We need to raise dance and...Flexibility to at least 25 before we can go back to reflexes, yes.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-21 at 04:34 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

We can dance if we want to. If you can't dance, then we leave your friends behind.

I vote Dance and production.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

>....Events screen? You mean the weekend activities screen? What's confusing you?

> It's google-foo. Oh, there's a wiki, though.

...I wish I got a commission. Still, sharing the love will have to be payment enough.
    The Wikia answered my other questions, thanks for pointing me there. And yes, it was the weekend activities screen throwing me because of the way some of them change different moods dependent on your existant mood.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Seconding the Dogs and Dance vote.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

If it's not too late to vote on weekend stuff, say we visit the tomb: +1 Afraid and +1 depressed, which should end up boosting both Dance and Dogs a bit. Plus, it's only natural for batgirl a grieving princess to visit her mother's grave.

The classes I suggest are Dance and Dogs.
    Last edited by Tavar; 2012-09-21 at 08:32 PM.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 10: Week 8: Mood: Depressed
    Spoiler
    Show

I apear to have miscounted the votes! Well, that's a relief...
    I'm not good at holding numbers in my head, OK?

We maybe also learn that criminal justice doesn't have a good solution for criminals, who are a superstitious, cowardly lot.

Wanna know what talking to our dad would have done? Nothing. I mean, we'd get some background, but it'd do nothing for our mood and it'd do nothing towards getting the crystal. He'd just explain why he doesn't want us touching anything magic.

So instead of afraid, we're depressed. Luckily, everyone wants us to train up on dogs and some form of agility, dance taking preferance. So this still works.

Now, how do we command a dog to put on a mask (to hide his special forehead mark that identifies him as our dog) and fight crime with us?

This is not yet dancing, honey.

Aaaah. Dudes asking for money.
    "Remember, the treasury is not unlimited. If you choose to invest, you will have less money to work with later."
    ...I've never actually run into too much financial trouble in my files, so I don't know what Joslyn's on about here. Then again, I usually only have one or two expenses a game.

Hmmm...This sounds oddly familiar. We are intrigued. Go on.
    "I need to borrow 875 lasi to assemble the metal and a factory to mold and cast the type."
    I'm going to assume that this is a lot, since only our royal treasury can do it.

"With this system, we will be able to create new books in a fraction of the time it takes now, and make copies to send all over the world."
    Well, that sounds like it would create more literacy and knowledge, as well as popularize written fiction, poetry, and religious text on a previously unimaginable scale.

"We are not interested."
    But we've only got one economic skill, so we don't see the beauty in this, and the printing press as an idea dies on the vine.

Eh, well.
    I promise to try not to miscount next time...

What should we do?

Talk To Our Father: Just Some Knowledge

Talk to Julianna: ???

Attend Court: +2 Yielding, +1 Depressed, +1 Pressured

Attend Service*: -1 Depressed

Explore Castle: +1 Lonely, +1 Afraid

Play with Toys: +1 Yielding, +1 Lonely, +1 Cheeful.

Visit Dungeons* +1 Willful, +1 Angry

Visit Tomb: +1 Depressed, +1 Afraid

Walk in the Gardens: +1 Lonely, +1 Cheerful.

Sneak Out: +1 Lonely, +2 Willfull

Play Sports*: +1 angry

Sorry about the technical mishap there, folks.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we should stay depressed a little while longer. So lets Play Sports.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Could you maybe show off our skills currently?

How much we have in trade, production, etc.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Playing with Toys will make our mood more managable, and we can clear up the point of lonely with sports next week. I vote for that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Could you maybe show off our skills currently?

How much we have in trade, production, etc.
    Sure. I'll just do a non-thing on the weekend to get to where I can access the accurate version. Basically, you can't look at your skills after you've done a class until the next week starts. It's kind of silly like that.

LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    Playing with Toys will make our mood more managable, and we can clear up the point of lonely with sports next week. I vote for that.
    I vote this, but in the reverse order, so we can get a bonus to Dogs. I then proceed to cast a vote for Dogs and Dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Play with toys.
    Dogs and voice, we need to learn to sing.
    How can we be a magical girl without music?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Uh, hm. I'm not sure. I guess Play With Toys, to balance out the emotions better, so we can better veer into and out of certain ones?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

We should watch out in not getting too scattered.
    From looking around about this game, I understand the tresholds for skills checks are actualy quite high for the most of them, so focuss is good.

Dogs, definitively since we have a good bonus for it right now and Dance since we already have some half decent reflex.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-22 at 12:12 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Being close to neutral is generally a good strategy -- it lets you change quickly, so you can pick up bonuses to exactly what you want, not just "Uh, well, I guess we'll wait a few weeks at this..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)