New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit risky, but great fun.
    No doubt, slashing through hoards of the enemies with well placed executi0ns and a Many Must Fall chain is seriously fun. Flying around with Execute is great fun too, I killed The Warrior(among other enemies and bosses) with it before I had to respec in TVH mode.

Can someone confirm if Unf0reseen works together with Many Must Fall? I would assume it does considering the trigger is when you become visible, and Many Must Fall reads "re-stealth".
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

I should note skipping the quests for Law and Order (and best mother's day ever) are the best ideas in TVH. You'll get lv50 variants if you take them in 2.5. The Love Thumper at lv50 with Law is insane.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Not only can law be acquired without the quest by killing a certain Lynchwood Sheriff, but its level doesn't particularly matter given that the melee damage bonus is always a flat 100%.

Getting a level 50 Love Thumper is, however, completely mandatory if you expect melee to keep up with guns.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Tried making that the least spoilery possible.
    "Least spoilery" would have been not including the second parenthesized bit.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

It appears I was wrong about Hammerlock's quests not carrying over when he moves, and other quests also track their givers, so my brother and I are now perfectly set up to leave every sidequest playthrough 2.5 level 50. In other words, I don't think any quests are locked out from you if all you want to do is the main quest on playthrough 2.

Actually getting to 50 will be somewhat tricky, though, since death zerging our way through the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and trying to fight a level 44 boss with two level 40s ended poorly. I suspect we'll end up doing some quests that give greens just for the exp. Or for the money; I started playthrough 2 with 300k, and I'm already down to a third of that (though I have bought several things).

Definitely saving the Law (among others) for a level 50, though; even as a sniper Zer0, it was one of my favorite guns the first time.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Tried making that the least spoilery possible.
    Y'know, you did a bad job. You could've said "assaulting the bunker" or something.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

For anyone who's as stoked for Gaige's release on the 16th as I am, I humbly leave this:

Boom
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    For anyone who's as stoked for Gaige's release on the 16th as I am, I humbly leave this:

Boom
    Ordered Chaos looks so stupid.

Stupid fun, but also stupid ineffective. Well, until you get Discord+Nth Degree and combine with some stuff from BFF and just kills things like a bullet spraying maniac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly you're looking at it from a standpoint of someone who isn't confident that they can manage their magazines. Gaige will be the character who uses Bandit guns constantly. That, and Vladof. It's what her skillset accommodates.

EDIT: She comes out tomorrow. Nice.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-10-08 at 11:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    EDIT: She comes out tomorrow. Nice.
    She comes out on the 16th. Tomorrow is the 9th.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

She's being released early. She'll be available within the next 24 hours.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, released early to those of us who pre-ordered the game.

And, actually, I was more looking at it from the point of Anarchy stripping away your accuracy fairly quickly and being someone who has been relying on decent-distance crits a hell of a lot to get through playthrough 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    She's being released early. She'll be available within the next 24 hours.

Not to doubt you...but do you have proof?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

She comes out on the 16th. Tomorrow is the 9th.
    I'm not stupid. She's being released early.

Not to doubt you...but do you have proof?
    Way to have "no doubt".
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-10-09 at 12:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

...All my yes. All the yes in the universe. THE TIME OF THE DEATH-TRAP HAS COME!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #316

Awesome, I was waiting for the Mechromancer before I started playing, both because the visual design is more interesting than the main 4 and because I'm not much of a shooter player.

BTW, if anyone wants to add me to their Steam friends for Borderlands 2, I'm Ogremindes there as well.

17. - Top - End - #317

I finally grew my Godliath in The Dust, in that area behind L's garage where the bandits live between all the spiderant nests and Boot Hill. I just trained a bunch of spiderants toward the bandits, popped the helmet off the goliath and let him go to town on the spiderants. I took out any particularly tough bandits or spiderants I thought might be a danger to my goliath until he fully leveled up and started chasing me.

Sadly, his drops were very poor. I got some eridium out of him and a green or blue weapon. It wasn't as good as what I already had (there was a bunch of ammo and money, too). At least I got the David Meet Goliath Achievement.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    I finally grew my Godliath in The Dust, in that area behind L's garage where the bandits live between all the spiderant nests and Boot Hill. I just trained a bunch of spiderants toward the bandits, popped the helmet off the goliath and let him go to town on the spiderants. I took out any particularly tough bandits or spiderants I thought might be a danger to my goliath until he fully leveled up and started chasing me.

Sadly, his drops were very poor. I got some eridium out of him and a green or blue weapon. It wasn't as good as what I already had (there was a bunch of ammo and money, too). At least I got the David Meet Goliath Achievement.
    The last I tried it was with a badass goliath that spawned in that area where you have a torch the volleyball net. Sadly, he vanished into thin air with one level left.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I inadvertently grew a Godliath in Sawtooth Cauldron, I think. Didn't yield very good stuff.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I'm having fun trying out the new Mechromancer at the moment. Mostly going for her Ordered Chaos tree, which is both powerful and fun. I'm level 9 and my pistol is dealing 400+ damage per shot, though it's accuracy is horrendous and it takes a little work to remember not to manually reload.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

So with regards to Moxxi's SMGs I can reliably get a fire one by just tipping her about 10-20k in hundreds. This is scaled to pretty close to your level. For the corrosion one it does appear to be given to you as the FIRST gun you get from her after tipping. There's a thread on the gearbox forums (which I can't access from work) that shows you how to do a split screen 2 player mode on the same PC. Using that I can start a game with my main, make a new level 1 char, trade them money and have them go get an SMG that's leveled to my main's level. It's slightly convoluted, but it has worked 100% of the time (you just need to make a new char each time though).

Also got "The Bee" shield on my PT1 and its horribly OP. Still using it on PT2 at level 41 despite the fact it only gives 1500 shields because its still so ridiculously powerful, especially with SMGs (or other rapid fire/burst fire/multishot weapons).

22. - Top - End - #322

For a story with a positive result, I managed to get a Godliath in Frostburn Canyon, down the hill from Clayton. It's fairly easy there with 2-3 goliaths, and plenty of enemies in one tight space. You have to prevent the nomads from killing him, but that's not -too- hard with a super badass goliath drawing their fire. We got a purple SMG and were happy with it. Frostburn canyon in general is a good place for that. I haven't had much luck elsewhere.

23. - Top - End - #323

I'm not stupid. She's being released early.

Way to have "no doubt".
    I didn't mean to offend, sorry.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so playing as her tonight!
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey does anyone of you guys know how stat stacking works? I'm playing a sentry gun focused commando with a class mod that reduces the skill cd by 21.4% (and gives +2 to the skill that reduces the cd but I'm still working towards that) and a relic that also gives 21.4% cd reduction. So I'm wondering how does that plus later the skill and even someones elses mod that has a team wide cd reduction stack?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

25. - Top - End - #325
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Hey does anyone of you guys know how stat stacking works? I'm playing a sentry gun focused commando with a class mod that reduces the skill cd by 21.4% (and gives +2 to the skill that reduces the cd but I'm still working towards that) and a relic that also gives 21.4% cd reduction. So I'm wondering how does that plus later the skill and even someones elses mod that has a team wide cd reduction stack?
    I'm not sure if this applies to everything, but all the cooldown reduction stuff I've seen so far (skill and class mod for Siren) has been a bonus to cooldown rate rather than a reduction of cooldown time. This means that +100% cooldown boost would make your skill cool down twice as fast, being available again in half the normal time, rather than being available instantly because all 100% of the CD time is gone.

With that, I think CD reduction stacks linearly. 21.4% CDR and 21.4% CDR combine to give 42.8% CDR, but this isn't as powerful as you might have assumed.

Now what does appear to work (based entirely on the wording of the text) by reducing cooldown time is boosts to shield recharge delay. If those stack linearly and work the way I think they do, stacking up 100% shield recharge delay would eliminate the shield recharge delay stat from the game - your shields would always be recharging.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

I had been looking at Gaige, though I'm not sure if I'll wait or not, since everyone will be playing her for a while. Looking through her skills I'm not sure where I would want to go.
    I think some of them I would really have to try and get a feel for what they really do.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I had been looking at Gaige, though I'm not sure if I'll wait or not, since everyone will be playing her for a while. Looking through her skills I'm not sure where I would want to go.
    I think some of them I would really have to try and get a feel for what they really do.
    Little Big Trouble tree all the way. It puts fire damage in your shock damage!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Shock weapons seem to be common early on but I see a lot more of the other elements in the later levels of the first play through. Although it would be nice in that it is useful in a lot of situations that way, being good against shields and flesh at the same time.

I would *think* shock does good against robots, but I haven't noticed that be the case. Explosives seem to be the most generally useful against all the robots around.

I am a bit hesitant about building skills around fairly specific weapons, as you'll always find better of other types of weapons when you do that. Of course respecing is cheap enough. Does respecing go up the more times you do it or simply scale with your level? Or is it a percentage of your current cash like dieing is (or at least used to be in 1, I used to buy a lot of stuff in one just because if you didn't you would just loose that much more when you died and there was seldom that much to buy with it)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Explosive does bonus versus everything. Just not as big a bonus like corrosive against armor (like loaders) or electric against shields.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

I've stuck to using Fire and Corrosive as my two main elements. It covers pretty much everything I'd need to kill. Switching to/from shock for shields just seems inefficient. I also have a slag sniper rifle for bosses, but just to put the debuff on them until I get Ruin.