New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Played partway through the DLC last night (how do you guys find the time to have finished it already? ). Liking what I've seen so far, although I actually felt a bit sorry for Shade! It's also cool that Gearbox have finally found a type of vehicle that their (frankly strange) PC control method actually works for...

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Played partway through the DLC last night (how do you guys find the time to have finished it already? ). Liking what I've seen so far, although I actually felt a bit sorry for Shade! It's also cool that Gearbox have finally found a type of vehicle that their (frankly strange) PC control method actually works for...
    Me and my friend pretty much just blew through the main story with the aid of fruits of our grinding from the main game. Read: The Bee is ridiculous. We did a few side quests, but due to not needing or caring about XP, money, or Eridium, didn't do the majority.

Mostly we wanted to fight the new super boss after hearing rumours of them having fixed the 'Pretty much anyone can run in and destroy these bosses' issue. Again, read: The Bee is damn ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Read: The Bee is ridiculous.
    I feel like we should just make that the thread subtitle at this point.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Float like a Zer0, sting like The Bee.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I think the "downside" to The Bee is that it buffs shotgun pellets.

Expect to see that nerfed soon.
    I don't understand why they'd do that at all. It's not like they have a vested interest in keeping player's power level down and balanced like in an MMO.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I don't understand why they'd do that at all. It's not like they have a vested interest in keeping player's power level down and balanced like in an MMO.
    Its so that new content they put out isn't immediately obsolete. Basically all the guns/shields in the game are pretty pointless when the Bee + shotgun/smg is FAR better. I mean a top end purple SMG does around 5-6k damage per shot. The Bee adds ~50k damage per shot. So they make a new better SMG that deals 7k damage per shot. Does it really matter if you're using the Bee? Its a negligible difference.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I can't think of many, but at least one complaint is that random people joining your games can wreak havoc when you want a bit more of a challenge. There are hosting options but if you want to play with the public, the Bee can cause some issues. (Note: I support leaving the Bee as it is. If you don't like it... don't use it and only play with people who don't.)

On a separate note, I think I have finally hit the climax on PT 1. : (Serious late-game spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roland! Nooooo. Also, I know Jack is a horrible monster, but he made me feel absolutely terrible about killing Angel. I'm trying to rationalize that it was a bit of a mercy killing, but the way he sounded when he kept asking me not to kill her... Ugh.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2012-10-17 at 09:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    On a separate note, I think I have finally hit the climax on PT 1. : (Serious late-game spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roland! Nooooo. Also, I know Jack is a horrible monster, but he made me feel absolutely terrible about killing Angel. I'm trying to rationalize that it was a bit of a mercy killing, but the way he sounded when he kept asking me not to kill her... Ugh.
    You'll feel better later when you find the Echos that chronicle the early part of their life on Pandora.

I never did find The Bee. Before I embark upon TVHM with Maya, I may have to go back to the Arid Wastes to find it. I started it just after Gaige dropped and found the difficultly ramped up by a significant factor. Of course, I always thought the quality of my drops in that play-through were pretty poor. I never saw an orange that didn't come from a quest reward and most of the purples that dropped weren't as good as some of the greens and blues I was using (mostly greens). I didn't even see any e-tech beyond a couple of shotguns I found just after that first e-tech quest.

I've had better luck with Gaige already; I got an e-tech assault rifle just after the e-tech intro quests that totally kicks butt. It's fast, accurate and sets stuff on fire (which is of limited use, but still...).
    Last edited by JediSoth; 2012-10-17 at 10:13 AM.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't clear if he was actually trying to guilt you into stopping or if he was actually being sincere. Clearly he used and abused his daughter, but none of the holos indicate he never loved her, or at least none of the ones I found.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't clear if he was actually trying to guilt you into stopping or if he was actually being sincere. Clearly he used and abused his daughter, but none of the holos indicate he never loved her, or at least none of the ones I found.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had the same problem with not being sure. I've joked about being the 'bad guy' to Jack's 'hero' throughout the game, but that uncertainty actually makes me feel like the bad guy, a bit.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jack sounded convincing because he thought everything he said during that scene was true. The only one who honestly believes the hype about Handsome Jack being the good guy is Handsome Jack.

Also, whatever they paid Jack's voice actor, it should have been more.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

12. - Top - End - #432

I'm really enjoying the Message in a Bottle quest in Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty. I'm finding some really cool stuff in the various chests I'm tracking down. They've been fitting in really well with my playstyle for Gaige (I'm heading down the Little Big Trouble tree).
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Beautiful reality:

Hide of Terramorphous (roid, spike, nova shield) + Zer0 in Melee spec + DLC Cursed Shotgun (+800% melee damage) = HOLY CRAP THIS WILL BE AMAZING
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

The DLC shotgun has +850% gun damage (and between 2 and 4 pellets AFAIK), the DLC AR has +200% melee damage.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

Beautiful reality:

Hide of Terramorphous (roid, spike, nova shield) + Zer0 in Melee spec + DLC Cursed Shotgun (+800% melee damage) = HOLY CRAP THIS WILL BE AMAZING
    Alternately: Hide + OC-primary Gaige + Legendary Mechro + Cursed AR.
    Life-leeching double attack with +470% damage, continuous 4%/sec HPR, and full shield regen on kill? HECKS YES.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

So last night I finished a side mission in the Dust, and just before calling it quits for the night I noticed a suspicious cardboard box (this was in Ellie's garage). As you might guess, I proceeded to open the box in question in the hope it would contain another Gwen's Head. It did not. Rather, it contained a Two-Fer Maggie. So that's cool.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Nice!

Maggies are really strong, and I'm especially fond of them because I used almost nothing but Mashers on a revolver Mordecai in BL1. I farmed one in just a couple of minutes a few days ago, since it has a very convenient spawn location.

18. - Top - End - #438

BlackDragon

Finished the DLC. Overall conclusion, pretty fun, and some nice loot to be had--will be interesting to see what it's like when I redo it at the end of TVH mode, though.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Finished the DLC. Overall conclusion, pretty fun, and some nice loot to be had--will be interesting to see what it's like when I redo it at the end of TVH mode, though.
    Then the loot is much more interesting and fun to use. I feel the DLC exists to benefit melee focused characters, like Gaige and Zer0.

20. - Top - End - #440

BlackDragon

How is Gaige melee focused? I must be playing her wrong!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    Alternately: Hide + OC-primary Gaige + Legendary Mechro + Cursed AR.
    Life-leeching double attack with +470% damage, continuous 4%/sec HPR, and full shield regen on kill? HECKS YES.
    This is how. (If-or-when the level cap increases, extra points go into BFF.)
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    This is how. (If-or-when the level cap increases, extra points go into BFF.)
    Then you just give her the Love Thumper or Hide of Terramorphous, one of the many melee-centric weapons of CSaHPB, and build up a lot of stacks!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Nice!

Maggies are really strong, and I'm especially fond of them because I used almost nothing but Mashers on a revolver Mordecai in BL1. I farmed one in just a couple of minutes a few days ago, since it has a very convenient spawn location.
    Where can you farm one up? I thought the only boss likely to drop it was Mick Zaford. Since it's the only masher in the game, I need one... per character.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

24. - Top - End - #444
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Mick Zaford is indeed the boss to farm for the Maggie; he respawns after the quest is done (if you head over to the train station area). So, if you sided with the Hodunks, you can farm him.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Bugbear in the Playground

So...was playing the slots in Moxxi's bar on my level ten Siren.

Got one Vault Symbol...then a second...followed by a bandit head. I nearly cried.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-10-19 at 08:43 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Mick Zaford is indeed the boss to farm for the Maggie; he respawns after the quest is done (if you head over to the train station area). So, if you sided with the Hodunks, you can farm him.
    Seeing as the Zafords never did anything wrong to anyone, I prefer to side with the Hodunks, and get the Maggie via alternative means. Just a morale thing, not much else. The Slagga is a terrible gun with a habit of glitching the game, and giving you thousands (yes, thousands) of Maliwan skins. The Maggie on the other hand is a fast-firing and fast-reloading shotgun-like revolver. It's also bright pink, which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    So...was playing the slots in Moxxi's bar on my level ten Siren.

Got one Vault Symbol...then a second...followed by a bandit head. I nearly cried.
    This happens too often for me to count. That, and the chances of getting 3 Vault symbols is less than the chance of getting an Unusual in TF2. The only difference is you're not paying for the Legendary in real money.

27. - Top - End - #447

This happens too often for me to count. That, and the chances of getting 3 Vault symbols is less than the chance of getting an Unusual in TF2. The only difference is you're not paying for the Legendary in real money.
    It's so depressing though. Hell, all I really want is the jackpot achievement, not even the gun...ok, I want both, but the achievement more.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

You can get the Jackpot achievement by getting triple-bars of Eridium. That's how I got it.

29. - Top - End - #449

You can get the Jackpot achievement by getting triple-bars of Eridium. That's how I got it.
    Noted. Should I assume that has a higher chance of occuring?

Also, just killed my first GOD-liath. It was awesome.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Noted. Should I assume that has a higher chance of occuring?

Also, just killed my first GOD-liath. It was awesome.
    3 Vault Symbols: .001%
    3 Triple Eridium Bars: .05%