New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #481
    Banned

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Not really. The entire stem from the neck to the head is also a crittable area. In fact I prefer to pop the buckets off them and deal with the God-liaths after they clear the room.
    Indeed. Find a slightly elevated spot. Aim at downward angle. Pull trigger when he runs into your sights. You should crit every time.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    I played a lot of melee Zer0 before I got Many Must Fall, and it's pretty solid, at least on normal mode. You get a class mod that boosts that kill skill which gives you movement bonus, and you leap, dodge and weave your way through opponents with hilarious speed, cutting them into pieces as you pass. If an enemy is too far, Deception + Execute several times towards him brings you to melee range within 5 invulnerable seconds.
    The problem is that before many must fall, you are now unstealthed in the middle of the enemy waiting 8 seconds to be useful again.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    The problem is that before many must fall, you are now unstealthed in the middle of the enemy waiting 8 seconds to be useful again.
    You know, just because you've specced melee doesn't mean you can't use guns anymore.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Plus if you get ahold of Law and Order, Many Must Fall is just a timesaver. You can perfectly walk up and stab everything except bosses in the face without a care.

Even without them, if you're fast and careful you can definitely go around very well. It doesn't work until you have about 10 skill points to put into the tree, so I started sniper in the beginning - but when I respecced to melee, I never looked back. Yes, it's not as easymode - but by god is it fun as hell running around stabbing guys with a bayonetted shotgun!
    Last edited by Drascin; 2012-10-24 at 05:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So how do melee classes fare when you're facing certain airborn bosses? Do you just suck it up and switch to guns for a time?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

I think there was a post about how, if you spam Zero's dash skill, you can fly around and chase down airborne enemies.

Maya has her probably really impractical melee override skill.

Gaige and Axton are out of luck personally, but their action skills can compensate.

And I think a MeleeZerker's only solution is to cry in a corner and hope the boss feels so depressed at the sight that they kill themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, there happened to be a green quality fire sniper rifle (whose base damage was 50% above the rifle I was using) on the vendor when I got home yesterday. I also happened to find a 0ne Sh0t skill mod, so I respecced sniper. Night and day difference. I was putting everything, including freaking Goliaths and badass nomads, down with one shot unless it was fire resistant, but the same vendor had also had a blue shotgun with massive damage. Emphasis on had. And then I got to the Bloodshot Ramparts, where the rifle did next to nothing, but point-blank shotgun blasts were plenty effective, as was the rocket launcher that someone had conveniently left in a box at the beginning of the area.

Of course, after I finished that area, the next drop I got was a corrosive sniper rifle. Then I noticed that I was level 16 and hadn't done the cult questline, so I equipped my ninja class mod and hacked my way through that zone (highest level enemies were 11). Good times. Almost as much fun as cruising around The Dust and smoking bandit vehicles.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2012-10-24 at 10:31 AM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    You know, just because you've specced melee doesn't mean you can't use guns anymore.
    Just not nearly as effectively as you could otherwise. As for order...my experience was that I couldn't get it until I already had many must fall anyway.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    And then I got to the Bloodshot Ramparts, where the rifle did next to nothing
    If you mean it wasn't very effective against loaders, you have to remember that the head isn't really a critical hit spot for them (there's the "eye", but it's pretty hard to hit it). Blow their arms off, though, that's a whole different story--you get decent criticals doing that.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, aim for the joints of the robots and they just fall to pieces. Though I haven't had much trouble hitting that glowy sensor on their chest either. The robots in general are pretty easy to kill, though yeah, fire doesn't do much to them.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    So how do melee classes fare when you're facing certain airborn bosses? Do you just suck it up and switch to guns for a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I think there was a post about how, if you spam Zero's dash skill, you can fly around and chase down airborne enemies.
    Yeah, I killed Bloodwing that way. It was a pretty enjoyable feat to pull.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Got a problem, though not as bad as it could have been.

I had a major problem with my save file that I thought had lost me my higher-level characters, but a tech support guy I know was able to fix that. However, I'm still missing everything I earned from challenges with those characters, including Badass ranks and appearance options, but the challenges are all still marked off, so I can't just redo them.

Any idea what I need to do? The proof that those challenges are done is right there, I'm just missing the rewards...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Got a problem, though not as bad as it could have been.

I had a major problem with my save file that I thought had lost me my higher-level characters, but a tech support guy I know was able to fix that. However, I'm still missing everything I earned from challenges with those characters, including Badass ranks and appearance options, but the challenges are all still marked off, so I can't just redo them.

Any idea what I need to do? The proof that those challenges are done is right there, I'm just missing the rewards...
    I believe that's a problem with your profile.bin file, located in the same folder as your character save files, which contains your badass ranks and character customization unlocks. If you can't restore that file then I think you are out of luck.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Being melee-focused doesn't necessarily mean melee only. You can use other stuff as well, you know.

Normal flying enemies, you can Execute in midair (and if killing helicopters midflight with a knife doesnt sell you on this, I don't know what to tell you, dude). Bosses, honestly, since you're going to be stabbing everything not a boss with ludicrous ease, just keep an anti-boss weapon like a shottie or something in your second slot, and use that in the intervals where you can't reach with your whacking stick.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2012-10-24 at 05:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    I guess my only question is... are you not using the Steam Cloud for your saves? No issues then with messed up save files. Not sure if enabling it would fix anything, but it would be worth turning on later if you aren't using it to keep this from happening again.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been using Cloud, and I was glad B2 had it, since I hoped it would keep me from losing chunks of progress and inventory like kept happening in the first game.

Ah well, missing Badass ranks are a lot less painful than if I hadn't gotten back my characters and their inventories.
    =====

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've actually heard that Cloud has caused some people to lose progress. I figure it's safer to just make manual backups.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Ferret View Post
    I've actually heard that Cloud has caused some people to lose progress. I figure it's safer to just make manual backups.
    I read that was a glitch because of the update that added Gaige. I personally haven't experienced it, but I've heard that it still affect some people despite having been "fixed." Gearbox doesn't know why.

At least, that's what I've heard.

Also, this gun: + 5 ranks in Close Enough (Gaige, BFF tree) = Mass Carnage. Since getting this gun, I have been murderizing everything in hail storms of explosive bullets...sometimes, even when the baddies are around corners or behind me.
    Last edited by JediSoth; 2012-10-25 at 07:03 PM.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Banned

Finally got around to beating this last night. The end bosses were very disappointingly easy.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

That looks just like a gun a got off the Warrior. Except mine is level 50 of course, but same components.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    That looks just like a gun a got off the Warrior. Except mine is level 50 of course, but same components.
    I got it from Smash-Head (or out of one of the crates in his area) at the conclusion of Note for Self-Person.

I have heard that the Conference Call (a Hyperion Shotgun the Warrior drops) is utter godhood in the hands of a Mechromancer with Anarchy & 5 Ranks in Close Enough.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently Knuckle Dragger can drop an orange corrosive pistol. In somewhat-related news, my newly-made Siren is laughing her way through Liar's Berg.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been playing Gaige for the past week. With her, I was able to beat the Bandit Slaughter at level with no deaths, when my Gunzerker wasn't able to finish the last round until he was 10 levels above it.

On a related note, if anyone can trade me a class mod that adds more points to Close Enough, I want one bad. Particularly if it's a +6 bonus, I really want to see what a 110% ricochet chance does.
    =====

24. - Top - End - #504
    Bugbear in the Playground

So...who here uses the Shift system, in particular on a PS3? Cause...I have questions about it.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone uses Shift.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Everyone uses Shift.
    Oh...really? Cause I haven't just yet...any downsides to it?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone uses Shift.
    I don't and doubt that I ever will.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Oh...really? Cause I haven't just yet...any downsides to it?
    None. Sign up, get a golden key. Input codes Pitchford tweets, get a golden key.

I don't and doubt that I ever will.
    You're missing out.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

You're missing out.
    On what? A golden key? Oh how will I ever survive without that golden key.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

On what? A golden key? Oh how will I ever survive without that golden key.
    There's nothing negative to signing up, you get free stuff, and Gearbox has already said they plan on expanding on more than just Golden Keys. In the future, codes will be given out at conventions that give exclusive guns, skins, heads, or other neat promo items, for example.