New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

I found 2 in chests and got the level 50 one as a drop off Pete the Invincible, I've never actually been on a team that beat Vermivorous.

Wait, there's a way to get Loot Midgets/Jenkins to spawn? What is it? Must know
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Wait, there's a way to get Loot Midgets/Jenkins to spawn? What is it? Must know
    Prerequisite: Doctor's Orders not complete, must not have grabbed the ECHO in the room near Bloodwing's cage
    Recommended: Creature Slaughter Dome DLC

Accept Doctor's Orders from Tannis if you haven't yet, then go to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. Make your way through the area until you reach the room where you get Bloodwing's feather during the main quest line; the second ECHO recorder is in a room to the right. (If you have the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC, make a quick detour into the Natural Selection Annex to set your starting point for future runs much closer.) As long as you do not grab this quest item, the four boxes in the room have a very high (but not 100%) chance of spawning Loot Midgets, which have a chance of being Jenkins.

If you do accidentally grab the recorder, time to reroll or move on to the next difficulty.

Loot Midgets have a relatively high chance (compared to most other things) of dropping most legendary items, though I've not seen any shields, and I'm guessing the Norfleet is not in their loot pool.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's a quest I'm going to leave unfinished for a loooong time...

Hope at least one of my 50s still has it left to do...
    =====

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Get a Rocket Launcher and firebomb the crap out of it.
    The problem with this is, of course, I can't find any viable gun machines with Sancuary currently off the grid.
    Current set-up, for referance:
    ALL THE Assault Rifle SDUs
    (Green) Jakobs AR
    The Floated Teapot
    (Green) Vladof Sniper rifle (Corrode damage)
    Flames of the Firehawk
    (Green) Corrode-MIRV Grenade
    (White) Health-boosting Relic
    (Blue) grisly Pointman Class MOD

Repeated engagements have drained 100% of my SR and Pistol ammo (Running out of pistol ammo at the last minuete is what caused my third death)
    I'm generally finding the Corrode DoT to be super-useful right now, though a Flame one would probably be better against this boss.

Three times in a row, I've died with the boss having a sliver of Red left (His shields charge quickly!), with me unable to get. Second Wind off him (Only foe in the Area of Engagement), I wanted to pre-empt a recharging shield and didn't wait to regen/turret recharge like I probably should have).

It's frustrating

Especially as the game glitched and now EVERY GUN sounds like Shotgun 1340.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

You can just restart the game. The guns sounding like other guns is just a glitch. A fairly common one, to boot.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Currently playing an Assassin, going for the sniping tree. What would my best bet at a second tree be? Our group includes a gunzerker, a psycho, and a siren, so I don't want to be up in melee (that's where the psycho will be).

I already had to retrain the talent that makes me scope in farther, because I had a little trouble hitting enemies when I scope in four hundred thousand miles and they're 100 yards away (It didn't help that I had a sniper with an increased scope ability).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Generally, Cunning is the best tree to dip if your focus is either of the other trees (and if your primary tree is Cunning, it's typically better to make your secondary Bloodlust).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear... Trading cards in BL2...

I'll take any and all, or trade for them, if you folks want to.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

I found out yesterday that the random folks online tend to dislike it when you try to roleplay with them.

Which is a shame, because I spent a decent amount of time practicing my Krieg voice.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I found out yesterday that the random folks online tend to dislike it when you try to roleplay with them.

Which is a shame, because I spent a decent amount of time practicing my Krieg voice.
    Transcending the game
    I'm a master of puppets
    Manipulation

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me, or does the game not display the "+50% Melee Damage" for Rocket Launchers? It has the bayonet and unique melee animation, just not showing up on the stat card.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Is it just me, or does the game not display the "+50% Melee Damage" for Rocket Launchers? It has the bayonet and unique melee animation, just not showing up on the stat card.
    I had one of those. No bayonet, but it thrust the launcher at the enemy like a battering ram rather than the standard melee. I thought it was just a quirk of launcher; I don't hit melee withthem, because I tend to be pretty far back (being the only party member I cannot heal with my bullets -_-")

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

The weapon stat cards often don't have enough lines to fit everything the weapon does.

I particularly remember one shotgun I found that fired 17 pellets at once, and when I looked over the stats, I thought, "Holy bleep, it fires that many and doesn't use extra ammo." Then I tested it out and discovered it used 4 rounds per shot.
    =====

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

Any other Kriegs out there that can give me some advice?

I just finished the game for the first time. I was rocking the Law/Order combination, which seemed to make everything a thousand times easier, to the point where I'm finding it hard to imagine playing without them. I went from struggling tooth and nail to get anything done, to sprinting through the game as a whirling red mist of death without a care in the world.

But! I started True Vault Hunter Mode and, of course, the loot I'm finding is steadily getting higher and higher level, with an increasing gap in stats between them and my old Law and Order (especially Order, since I'm only using Law as a melee weapon anyway). I'm just wondering when I should replace them. How many points of shield capacity is "fully heal (or close?) every time you hit with a melee attack" worth?

(My only thought on the matter so far is- perhaps wait for Flame of the Firehawk, which I assume is comin' around relatively early. And just hope that 'Thrill of the Kill' can keep me healed afterward? Is that... correct thinking?)

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

It's just how much damage you deal with the Law's melee is returned to you as health. It's not as much as you might think, though.

Get a Rough Rider from Hammerlock. That thing took me from level 34 (when I started TVHM, I went from Glacier to the DLC immediately) to 43. Then I ditched it for a higher level Rough Rider.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

If you are palnning on going Melee with Krieg. After level 41 you do more damage with out any gun uprades. And if you are doing the Melee tree you probably will want to stop using the law and order so you can get yourself down to the 33% health so you pop off the rage for a full health with super pyscho Krieg. Plus doing massive amount of damage you get full health by killing a guy.

At level 51 I am able to kill uber bad**** in one to two hits. Kind of fun to watch 1000K damage with a single hit.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wagadodo View Post
    If you are palnning on going Melee with Krieg. After level 41 you do more damage with out any gun uprades. And if you are doing the Melee tree you probably will want to stop using the law and order so you can get yourself down to the 33% health so you pop off the rage for a full health with super pyscho Krieg. Plus doing massive amount of damage you get full health by killing a guy.

At level 51 I am able to kill uber bad**** in one to two hits. Kind of fun to watch 1000K damage with a single hit.
    Level 44, not 41. And it's a 75% increase, so the Law and AR from the Scarlett are still very powerful weapons.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Am I reading this right? You deal more melee damage with a gun than doesn't increase your melee damage than you do with a gun that doubles your melee damage? The only way this could possibly work is if your melee damage is based off your gun's damage, which I did not think was the case...

I mean, I can see the logic of ditching Order so you aren't getting a full heal on every attack if you want to get down to 33% hp before popping your ability, but unless you have a gun with a bigger melee bonus I see no reason to not keep Law (or the Rapier if you have the Captain Scarlett DLC). My Zer0 is level 50 but hasn't finished the TVHM story yet (and I intend to do that before doing the DLCs/sidequests so I get the max level rewards). I'm keeping my ~32 Rapier in a quick slot just for the melee bonus (quick burst to slag my target, pop Decepti0n and *SHANK*).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Banned

Checked this; yeah I have one. Bayonet, no stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Am I reading this right? You deal more melee damage with a gun than doesn't increase your melee damage than you do with a gun that doubles your melee damage? The only way this could possibly work is if your melee damage is based off your gun's damage, which I did not think was the case...

I mean, I can see the logic of ditching Order so you aren't getting a full heal on every attack if you want to get down to 33% hp before popping your ability, but unless you have a gun with a bigger melee bonus I see no reason to not keep Law (or the Rapier if you have the Captain Scarlett DLC). My Zer0 is level 50 but hasn't finished the TVHM story yet (and I intend to do that before doing the DLCs/sidequests so I get the max level rewards). I'm keeping my ~32 Rapier in a quick slot just for the melee bonus (quick burst to slag my target, pop Decepti0n and *SHANK*).
    According to the grape vine, Krieg has an innate and scaling melee bonus which isn't listed anywhere. It's based on His level, and you can only have one melee bonus at a time; Krieg's natural one or the boost from a weapon.

So if Krieg is high enough level to already do +51% melee damage, then using a non-melee boosting weapon is better so you don't overwrite his higher score with the gun's lower one.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, so can you go from Normal Story, play the DLC, then True Vault Hunter Story, and then play through the DLC again?
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    According to the grape vine, Krieg has an innate and scaling melee bonus which isn't listed anywhere. It's based on His level, and you can only have one melee bonus at a time; Krieg's natural one or the boost from a weapon.

So if Krieg is high enough level to already do +51% melee damage, then using a non-melee boosting weapon is better so you don't overwrite his higher score with the gun's lower one.
    Ah. That's kind of neat. Maybe one day I'll actually buy Krieg and check that out. Thanks.
    Wait, so can you go from Normal Story, play the DLC, then True Vault Hunter Story, and then play through the DLC again?
    Yes, the DLCs basically add new areas and quests that you can play through at all difficulty levels. So I've played through them on normal, and after finishing the main story in TVHM I'll run around doing all the sidequests (including the DLCs). In fact, I'll probably do Captain Scarlett first because the Rapier is that good and I can't wait to have a higher-level version of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982
    Bugbear in the Playground

So... they weren't able to write a conditional statement that tells the game to use the highest bonus? Or a stacked bonus with a ceiling?

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    So... they weren't able to write a conditional statement that tells the game to use the highest bonus? Or a stacked bonus with a ceiling?
    It's on the site. Granted, it's not well-known information, but hey, it's what happened.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Banned

Don't ask me, man. I'm listening to grapes, that should tell you how well informed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    It's on the site. Granted, it's not well-known information, but hey, it's what happened.
    Which site?

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Which site?
    This 'un.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Krieg was only recently released, he hasn't been patched yet.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Krieg was only recently released, he hasn't been patched yet.
    you hush with your sense and compassion!

EDIT: the site linked by Triscuitable really makes the whole "playing a siren while supporting Krieg" thing somewhat awkward and uncomfortable.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-05-31 at 12:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Is Kreig part of the Season Pass? I thought it was, but I don't see him as an option to download nor as an option for a new game. Is this just Steam being obtuse, or is Kreig not part of the Season Pass?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Is Kreig part of the Season Pass? I thought it was, but I don't see him as an option to download nor as an option for a new game. Is this just Steam being obtuse, or is Kreig not part of the Season Pass?
    Nope. Neither was Gaige. The Season Pass only includes the four DLC's.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Nope. Neither was Gaige. The Season Pass only includes the four DLC's.
    Ah, well I got Gaige with because I pre-ordered the game. Okay. Never mind them. He might have been an excuse to fire the game up again, but I don't think he sounds interesting enough to just buy.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.