New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

So the Relic you get for the premium package that makes drops better? It definitely seem to work (Especially the items in the golden chest are at least twice as good, on average, than what I got before buying the DLC).

On the other hand it seems to beef up the resistance too. Could it be so that they just "upped" you, so that what the relic really does is to give you the same difficulty as if you played with one team mate?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    So the Relic you get for the premium package that makes drops better? It definitely seem to work (Especially the items in the golden chest are at least twice as good, on average, than what I got before buying the DLC).

On the other hand it seems to beef up the resistance too. Could it be so that they just "upped" you, so that what the relic really does is to give you the same difficulty as if you played with one team mate?
    It doesn't do anything other than affect the rate at which greens drop. Nothing affects the rarity of the Golden Chest, either. It's a damn shame, too; the relic's pretty neat.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    It doesn't do anything other than affect the rate at which greens drop. Nothing affects the rarity of the Golden Chest, either. It's a damn shame, too; the relic's pretty neat.
    Well all I know is that the stuff I randomized out (I have to be careful, I only have 43 keys left) are TONS of magnitude better than the ****ty purples I got the first time.

So far only two characters, one Mechromancer that I just got to Sanctuary, did the intro quests there (Trapclap's stash, the first power thingies). So far it was really easy to play her; i need to respec her though, the way I play I do not use the Anarchy three.

My siren has not gotten that far yet, she just finished the Bullimong fur quest. I had trouble though because her main weapon is too powerful, and her fist attack is too weak, it was WAY too easy to shoot one time too many and kill the four-armed spider monkey-gorilla outright.

I want my stasis field goddammit! I only have a half level to go...
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    Yup. On the plus side, now that you're ~8 levels higher, an average blue or purple shield should be rather more durable than your Flame of the Firehawk -- maybe play a little more defensively to account for the lack of nova spam, and things should work out.

Actually ... come to think of it, there's a quest-reward purple Nova shield in Overlook that should make a fine replacement for the FotF.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Namely, the Deadly Bloom, from Overlook: This is Only a Test. In Playthrough 1, it's level 18, to the FotF's 9.
    Thats pretty sweet. I'm not too far from that quest. I'll miss the shield though. My friends are highly amused by it. One guy commented that as soon as I run in to combat I just start exploding, but I never seem to die. Its fun. :D

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

This is hilarious. I just beat The Warrior with my Gaige for the first time, and my Deathtrap is happily zapping the Rakks...and I have the skill that increases his duration for every kill we get, so he will never, ever go away.

I could seriously go take a nap and come back in a few hours a few levels stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I could seriously go take a nap and come back in a few hours a few levels stronger.
    Not in TVHM, you can't. When you hit level 50, all quest XP scales to 2k XP, and enemy XP is reduced to about 5% of their original worth (don't quote me on that).

Besides, XP gained when killing enemies is divided by the level difference, even if the enemies are stronger (this is to discourage power leveling, though it doesn't seem to deter most folks). So after a bit, you'll find those "hours" (it'll take much longer, as Rakk give some of the lowest XP rewards in the game) turn into days. It might take years to level up from 60 to 61 with that strategy!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Not in TVHM, you can't. When you hit level 50, all quest XP scales to 2k XP, and enemy XP is reduced to about 5% of their original worth (don't quote me on that).

Besides, XP gained when killing enemies is divided by the level difference, even if the enemies are stronger (this is to discourage power leveling, though it doesn't seem to deter most folks). So after a bit, you'll find those "hours" (it'll take much longer, as Rakk give some of the lowest XP rewards in the game) turn into days. It might take years to level up from 60 to 61 with that strategy!
    I know. I never meant that I intended to try to get to 60 doing that (I'm only 33 at the moment), I just thought it was funny that my Deathtrap was never, ever going to time out, and that I was still getting xp for it in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I know. I never meant that I intended to try to get to 60 doing that (I'm only 33 at the moment), I just thought it was funny that my Deathtrap was never, ever going to time out, and that I was still getting xp for it in the process.
    That is indeed, very funny.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Dear Borderlands 2 community of GITP, I come to you on bended knee with a request for help. More specifically, tell me just what I'm doing wrong...

I am attempting to solo Terramorphous with a level 50 Zer0. I have a level 50 The Bee, and all my other gear is level 50, though none of it is legendary save for a pistol that's of no use to me(a Twin Hornet, for the curious). As I am aware of the patch on how The Bee interacts with shotguns, I am attempting to use an SMG as my gun. However, I cannot seem to either deal enough damage(I can chip him down a bit, but never by much.) or escape his attacks(The most annoying of which is the one which knocks me off the field.). I can give more specifics on just what gear I'm using if requested, but I'm hoping someone has some advice which might prove useful without needing to go to such detail.

Thanks in advance!
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's a safe spot in the rocks by the exit gate where most of Terra's attacks can't touch you. Looking towards the gate, it's behind the rock in my crosshairs; looking out towards the arena, you can see the summoning horn to the left. Some attacks you will need to watch out for:

• When Terra moves around between spawning tentacles, if he moves too far to the left, he can get around the rocks. If you see this happen, jump up onto the ramp to your right and crouch.
    • The large rocks that the second wave of tentacles carry will still hit you with their AOE. This too can be dodged, once the rocks are in the air. Make these tentacles a priority.
    • The beam tentacles can start damaging you if you let them fire long enough.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    There's a safe spot in the rocks by the exit gate where most of Terra's attacks can't touch you. Looking towards the gate, it's behind the rock in my crosshairs; looking out towards the arena, you can see the summoning horn to the left. Some attacks you will need to watch out for:

• When Terra moves around between spawning tentacles, if he moves too far to the left, he can get around the rocks. If you see this happen, jump up onto the ramp to your right and crouch.
    • The large rocks that the second wave of tentacles carry will still hit you with their AOE. This too can be dodged, once the rocks are in the air. Make these tentacles a priority.
    • The beam tentacles can start damaging you if you let them fire long enough.
    You are now officially my favorite person on GITP, Ryuho Tsugu. This worked perfectly! Granted, it was still a plug and chug where I had to basically spray SMG ammo like it was going out of style, but I killed him! Thanks!
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

So I had a slightly hilarious curb-stomping boss fight in playthrough 2. I had tagged along with my older brother for a while, powerleveling my Zer0 the whole time (read: trying not to die horribly too often from lvl 50+ badasses while I'm lvl 45+.) When I resume soloing my game, trying to complete the story again so it bumps all the sidequests to lvl 50, I myself was lvl 50 with level-appropriate guns. I reach Wilhelm, and the battle goes like this:
    Step 1: Activate Decepti0n as soon as Wilhelm throws off the train.
    Step 2: Spam Death Bl0ss0m kunai at him.
    Step 3: Shoot Wilhelm with Corrosive SMG.
    The whole fight took maybe half a minute, killing him just as Lilith was talking about how he nearly killed everyone in New Haven.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

And that's after they patched the Wilhelm fight, to make it much less obvious that it's rigged in your favor.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Banned

Yes. Wilhelm is hilariously easy if you have any corrosive weapons at all. Really, in hindsight there were much better ways Jack could have tricked you into taking the power core instead of sacrificing his most powerful minion. It's not like the vault hunters are the smartest group.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-06-19 at 11:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Well, Maya's actually quite smart. Gaige, too. It's just that Salvador is a growth-stunted lunatic, Axton is a stupidly arrogant soldier, and Krieg is a psychotic schizophrenic murder-machine with a penchant for running around with a buzz-axe and a wanted poster on his face.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Maya's actually quite smart. Gaige, too. It's just that Salvador is a growth-stunted lunatic, Axton is a stupidly arrogant soldier, and Krieg is a psychotic schizophrenic murder-machine with a penchant for running around with a buzz-axe and a wanted poster on his face.
    You forgot Zer0, who nobody knows what's his deal is, except running around killing things looking for a challenge.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Banned

I was more referring to the original 4. They're the ones actually doing the planning and giving the orders after all. We don't have anywhere near enough characterization for the new characters to say if they're smart or not. Still, the fact that they follow idiotic orders and requests without question doesn't speak highly for them.

I never did anything with the DLC characters so I can't speak for them...but I didn't really get the idea that Maya was that smart from the tiny bit of characterization you can get from her. At the very least she's extremely gullible.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-06-20 at 12:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    You forgot Zer0, who nobody knows what's his deal is, except running around killing things looking for a challenge.
    I'm sorry, who?

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Roland and Lillith are both reasonably intelligent. Brick is smarter than you'd expect from a big, dumb brute, though admittedly that's not saying much. And Mordecai...well, he's too drunk to care.

So it's not like they're actually stupid. And while Jack had no need to put Wilhelm on that train - the vault hunters would have hijacked it and taken the core anyway - his presence gave the appearance that Jack wanted to keep it out of their hands enough to put his number one flunky on the job. Also, think about it from Jack's perspective - either Wilhelm kills you (and who on his payroll has a better chance?) or you take the power core and he blows up Sanctuary - in either case he wins.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

20. - Top - End - #1040

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Zero is more complex.
    You would be very surprised.
    His language is clear.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talderas View Post
    Zero is more complex.
    You would be very surprised.
    His language is clear.
    Fixed that for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

22. - Top - End - #1042

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Dammit I'm ashamed. I should have done much better. This stains my honor.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's okay. Don't fret.
    Miscounting syllables is
    An easy mistake.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talderas View Post
    Dammit I'm ashamed. I should have done much better. This stains my honor.
    Ashamed has three syllables. A-shame-d.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Banned

Memorizing 4 poems and spouting them over and over doesn't make you smart.

As for Lillith and Roland...they're articulate, but their plans themselves don't show much intelligence. Let's be honest...anyone who falls for the repeated dupes and traps throughout the series isn't the sharpest crayon on the tree.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Pronunciation matters. I've seen a haiku with the Engrish for "choking" used as the entire first line.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post

As for Lillith and Roland...they're articulate, but their plans themselves don't show much intelligence. Let's be honest...anyone who falls for the repeated dupes and traps throughout the series isn't the sharpest crayon on the tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's right behind you
    Seriously, TURN AROUND
    ...What did I tell you?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post

To be fair, greed outweighs most other psychological responses. That, and it takes quite a bit of charisma and intelligence to not only recruit an entire army, but also continuously lead them over the course of five years.

29. - Top - End - #1049

NecromancerGuy

It's two syllables. Which dictionary has it pronounced as three syllables? I've checked Oxford and Merriam-Webster and both have a·shamed as the pronunciation.
    Last edited by Talderas; 2013-06-21 at 02:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ashamed is but two
    Syllables, though one can see
    It is confusing