Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Does the statue of marcus on the bridge do anything? Also,

Spoiler
    Show
    is there any reason to kill the constructor on the bridge? Because not killing it there gives access to an area with lots of xp and a pretty good chest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    is there any reason to kill the constructor on the bridge? Because not killing it there gives access to an area with lots of xp and a pretty good chest
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a side mission from the Sanctuary Bounty Board that sends you to the prison anyways. So, either way works.
    "How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you can sacrifice somebody to it. Requires two people, so I don't know if it gives anything.

As to your second question, I haven't the foggiest.
    Add me on Steam! Link

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Codemus View Post
    So has anyone tried a melee Zero with the Love Thumper shield? Or is that just a trap shield?

For those who haven't gotten it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Love Thumper is one of those shields that grant bonus melee damage when the shield is depleted. It is a unique purple because it has a huge Roid damage bonus, and it's shield recharge delay is a staggering 250 seconds. I guess the point behind it is that once it is down, you get access to that huge buff for a very long time.

Dosen't seem like it's worth it though, which is why I ask before testing.
    There's a trick, though -- the LT is the only Maylay shield I know of that makes your punches explode on contact. If you can keep dishing out punches, the LT's explosions are nearly as effective in clearing out groups of trash mobs as Flame of the Firehawk's Novas. As I said to my brother as I was grinding Roid Rage: "This is Brick's favorite shield, he just doesn't know it yet."

Still, I'd rather have my gimmick Amp shield with 0 drain and +2735 damage.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    There's a trick, though -- the LT is the only Maylay shield I know of that makes your punches explode on contact. If you can keep dishing out punches, the LT's explosions are nearly as effective in clearing out groups of trash mobs as Flame of the Firehawk's Novas. As I said to my brother as I was grinding Roid Rage: "This is Brick's favorite shield, he just doesn't know it yet."

Still, I'd rather have my gimmick Amp shield with 0 drain and +2735 damage.
    What was the name of that one again? Because that sounds awsome, and I'd like to pick one up. I've got an Impailer right now, but it seems kinda scattershot about when its gonna shoot those barbs.
    Add me on Steam! Link

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    The one really annoying thing I've found with sniping as Zero so far is that every time I spawn the shadow it runs right in front of me and blocks my view of what I want to shoot. The very quick use timer on the skill also gives very little time to switch from the activation animation and get zoomed and and get aimed and get that critical shot.
    Try throwing the hologram to the side of the fight.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

What was the name of that one again? Because that sounds awsome, and I'd like to pick one up. I've got an Impailer right now, but it seems kinda scattershot about when its gonna shoot those barbs.
    You're looking for an orange-quality shield called "The Bee." It's a potential drop from the target of an assassination sidequest given by Mordecai late in the game. And it is indeed gloriously OP: (ENDGAME SPOILS)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pair that sucker up with a high-ROF, high-pellet-count shotgun and the fights against Jack and the Warrior are almost trivial. Since I was doing 30k+ damage per shell, the Warrior in particular was never able to launch an attack before Jack ordered it back into the lava. And since it never attacked, my shield never went down, so I never lost the Amp bonus ...

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I know that mission. Hmm... it may be too powerful by the sound of it. Maybe I'll get it for my sniper zero.
    Add me on Steam! Link

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

So, I got this game three days ago. I've clocked 30 hours. I may be addicted.

Zer0 is amazingly fun. Haven't really tried the others, beyond my co-op Maya, but I love sneaky characters so Zer0 is a pretty good fit...
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    Nah, Brick's favourite shield is Order.

+1200 roid damage and when you're also using Law (revolver with +100% melee damage) 20% of melee damage returned as health.

It's really really hard to die using that combo.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Nah, Brick's favourite shield is Order.

+1200 roid damage and when you're also using Law (revolver with +100% melee damage) 20% of melee damage returned as health.

It's really really hard to die using that combo.
    It gets to the point where you'll always have Law equipped, even when it's just a level 15 gun in comparison to the level 40s and 45s you'll be running in TVH mode.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

The Bee isn't a gimmick, it's just absolutely ****ing overpowered.

And, technically, Law gets to the point where you won't use it at all.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-09-25 at 04:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    And, technically, Law gets to the point where you won't use it at all.
    Technically. Then you get Law and Order in TVH mode, and you'll go back to using them all the time! Except when fighting Terramorphous. Holy. Crap.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Not a lot of reason to go melee in TVH mode, though. Many Will Fall... well, it falls off rreally hard. Not to mention that a skill that makes it easy to take out enemies who are already easy to take out is kind of the definition of win-more, regardless of how fun it is in normal mode.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Technically. Then you get Law and Order in TVH mode, and you'll go back to using them all the time! Except when fighting Terramorphous. Holy. Crap.
    So I take it taking down Terra with the Law & Order combo didn't exactly go as planned.

So has anyone taken it down at all? Does it drop that golden key? Because I've not found the dang thing anywhere, and I'm dying to know what's in the chest in Sanctuary.
    Add me on Steam! Link

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

To get the golden key, you needed to pre-order the game.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Terra's loot is massively better than that of the chest. It drops purple or pink items of your level, and keys are obtained by pre-ordering, signing up for Gearbox Shift, and promotions.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

TVH mode?w
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

So I take it taking down Terra with the Law & Order combo didn't exactly go as planned.

So has anyone taken it down at all? Does it drop that golden key? Because I've not found the dang thing anywhere, and I'm dying to know what's in the chest in Sanctuary.
    That chest only ever drops purple weapons of your level. It's totally uninteresting, and always dependent on luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    To get the golden key, you needed to pre-order the game.
    Or use Gearbox Shift for a free key. Randy Pitchford commonly tweets out 10k use codes for Golden Keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Terra's loot is massively better than that of the chest. It drops purple or pink items of your level, and keys are obtained by pre-ordering, signing up for Gearbox Shift, and promotions.
    It drops a special Nova shield, title, or gun each time you kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    TVH mode?w
    True Vault Hunter Mode, a.k.a., Playthrough 2.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

So I heard during playthrough 2 you should skip all sidequests with unique rewards since they scale once you hit playthrough 2.5 and that way you can get the best level uniques out there.

I presume this means you can't reset quests or anything. So, taking "The Bee" for example, how do you actually farm that? Does the boss keep respawning even if you don't have the quest anymore?

Also I've noticed I had to put the FOV up to 110 and still play at a smaller resolution on my PC otherwise I find the game is pretty nausea inducing. I've had the issue before on some third person games with wonky cameras (Gears of War during the roaddie run or RE 5, both on PC). I had a bit of the issue with Borderlands 1 but could play full screen without issue. I wonder if there's some graphic settings that could help with it. I also noticed a gear bit of horizontal screen tearing which is unusual in games. Vsync clears up vertical tearing but I rarely see horizontal tearing. Its pretty obvious in this one though.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I presume this means you can't reset quests or anything. So, taking "The Bee" for example, how do you actually farm that? Does the boss keep respawning even if you don't have the quest anymore?
    The vast majority of "go here, kill this specific guy" quests in BL2 do have the target respawn, if only because most of the targets are the subject of Badass Rank objectives. From experience, this one certainly does.

EDIT: The "Brick's Favorite Shield" comment was in reference to the bio sheets that Gearbox put out in the weeks leading up to release -- the only thing listed in Brick's "dislikes" was "things that don't explode when punched." With the Love Thumper, that's exactly nothing, so ...
    Last edited by Lunix Vandal; 2012-09-26 at 09:40 AM.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyone else have thoughts on Zer0? I'm trying to decide which class to play and I'm hearing conflicting things about that class. Is Deception that useful if you're sniping? Seems like bonus damage for just one bullet. I guess it's okay since it has a shorter cooldown and there's good Kill Skills?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure how deception will get at higher levels, but at lower levels it seems just a little bit too short for a lot of things. By the time you release the image and get into sniping mode you have very little time to actually aim the shot.
    The other issue is that it isn't really needed against the run of the mill enemies you'll be facing, as in most cases a critical shot with a sniper rifle already does enough damage to kill or mostly kill a lot of things.
    Personally I've found it hard to actually remember to use it when at range and the quick cooldown is kind of meaningless if you aren't spamming it. I think in that case it works a lot better for close range and getting the quick melee hits in.

If you are wanting a sniping role, its not like any of the other classes have much for sniping skills either. Maya's stasis is about the only thing that can be used by a sniper at all... and I'm not sure if it has the range to be used with a sniper build (I haven't played her yet) He has some very good sniper skills, I just don't think that deception itself adds that much to it.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Maya's stasis is about the only thing that can be used by a sniper at all... and I'm not sure if it has the range to be used with a sniper build (I haven't played her yet)
    The range on Phaselock is sufficient...but if the target gets suspended in a way that blocks its critical hit zone from you at that range, you'll have to live with hitting it for normal damage repeatedly, or sniping at something else.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've actually been having a lot of luck with Axton as a sniper.

Especially if I find a good ledge with enemies below that I can throw my turret down to distract them while I line up the shot.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    The range on Phaselock is sufficient
    "sufficient"? You can phase lock something so far away it takes a sniper scope to see it as more than a dot. If you can see it, you can phase lock it.

... and then the victim will claim you cheated. (that's an actual in game line from some of the bandit types, not a silly player complaint)
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-09-26 at 04:25 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I find the duration for Decepti0n long enough to reload, aim and shoot someone in the head, personally.

You can also use Decepti0n while aiming, you know.

I guess I'm just good at playing Zer0 or something.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

I'm not sure how deception will get at higher levels, but at lower levels it seems just a little bit too short for a lot of things. By the time you release the image and get into sniping mode you have very little time to actually aim the shot.
    The other issue is that it isn't really needed against the run of the mill enemies you'll be facing, as in most cases a critical shot with a sniper rifle already does enough damage to kill or mostly kill a lot of things.
    Personally I've found it hard to actually remember to use it when at range and the quick cooldown is kind of meaningless if you aren't spamming it. I think in that case it works a lot better for close range and getting the quick melee hits in.

If you are wanting a sniping role, its not like any of the other classes have much for sniping skills either. Maya's stasis is about the only thing that can be used by a sniper at all... and I'm not sure if it has the range to be used with a sniper build (I haven't played her yet) He has some very good sniper skills, I just don't think that deception itself adds that much to it.
    Deception is fantastic if you are fast enough to line up your shots. It makes you a boss grinder.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Alternately - don't aim. Decepti0n works on shotguns, you know. So go right up to the enemy's grill while invisible and shoot twenty explosive pellets inside its face. I did it a lot against higher HP enemies while I was sniping with Zer0 (until I had enough skill points saved up to get melee up to par, then respecced 100% bloodhed). Go invisible, run up to huge enemy, wait for Decepti0n to be almost over, shotgun, cough a bit from inhaling the red mist the enemy turned into .
    Last edited by Drascin; 2012-09-26 at 05:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Got Old Slappy's legendary shotgun. It's the most accurate shotgun in the game, made by Jakobs (shock and awe! Jakobs made something accurate?!), that puts out 3Kx7 spread of damage, with a 4 shell mag and a good scope to go with the kickass accuracy (ever shoot someone with a shotgun on a dime? I have now)!

I'll grind him at level 50 for one to top my level 44.