Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GloatingSwine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    The Bee isn't a gimmick, it's just absolutely ****ing overpowered.

    And, technically, Law gets to the point where you won't use it at all.
    You won't be shooting people with it, except to proc Be Like Water for even moar melee damage.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    No, the issue is that melee doesn't do any damage in playthrough 2.5 in the first place.

    Anyways, a friend and I got ourselves Bee's and promptly killed you-know-who Terramorphous, obv in a couple of seconds.

    If that shield doesn't get patched out of the game I'm going to be really disappointed.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    If you are wanting a sniping role, its not like any of the other classes have much for sniping skills either. Maya's stasis is about the only thing that can be used by a sniper at all... and I'm not sure if it has the range to be used with a sniper build (I haven't played her yet) He has some very good sniper skills, I just don't think that deception itself adds that much to it.
    Axton is proving to be a great sniper for me, and I've haven't even invested anything into gunpowder yet. But it seems to me that I'd rather have higher raw damage than a higher critical multiplier, because snipers come with a critical bonus anyway. With +200% crit bonus, the 50-80% gun damage you get from Axton's gunpowder tree will get tripled and then some on a crit, easily meeting and exceeding the bonus crit damage Zero gets from investment into the sniping tree. Where Axton really pulls out in front is all the damage he'll get when he DOESN'T land the crit.

    That's not to mention that with Axton, you have the option of swapping to another gun and still wrecking quite a bit of face.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    That's not to mention that with Axton, you have the option of swapping to another gun and still wrecking quite a bit of face.
    Technically speaking, I suspect that Zero is actually better (or at least as good) at wrecking face with non-sniping guns than Axton, but he definitely can't switch between the two as easily.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    So is there any way to make the phaselock bubble more transparent? Sometimes its fine and you can easily pick out the target's head, but sometimes it seems like its just one big purple blob making any type of precise targeting pretty difficult.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Codemus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    I've actualy had a hard time with the Gunpowder tree. I just can't seem to deal with everything as effectively as I do with a decked out Gurrela tree. Maybe I'm just too lazy and over-rely on my turret to do the hard work.
    Add me on Steam! Link


    Here is some Homebrew that I've worked up.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Codemus View Post
    I've actualy had a hard time with the Gunpowder tree. I just can't seem to deal with everything as effectively as I do with a decked out Gurrela tree. Maybe I'm just too lazy and over-rely on my turret to do the hard work.
    Though there is something immensely satisfying about dropping the turret on a group of skags or varkids, and strolling away as they're annihilated without you ever having to fire a shot.
    "How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Well I finished the game as a Siren with a Fox mod (plague at the end I think)... they really hate fire weapon users for the latter half of the game.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lunix Vandal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Well I finished the game as a Siren with a Fox mod (plague at the end I think)... they really hate fire weapon users for the latter half of the game.
    Yeah, I think they maybe overcompensated for how comparatively awesome (or at least useful) fire was in BL1's campaign. I've found that TVH starts the fire-hate from the word go -- a third of the normal Psychos so far have been replaced by an armored, SuperBad-HP variant.

    OTOH, I wouldn't have minded a nice fire weapon for fighting TVH Midge-Mong, who killed me six or seven times before I got lucky and had him get stuck on one of the balconies. At which point he ate all 8 of my 5500x10 fuseless MIRV grenades.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

    ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    OTOH, I wouldn't have minded a nice fire weapon for fighting TVH Midge-Mong, who killed me six or seven times before I got lucky and had him get stuck on one of the balconies. At which point he ate all 8 of my 5500x10 fuseless MIRV grenades.
    My grenade of choice has always been longbow sprayers. Just aim at the center of a group and your minimap suddenly is empty.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    My grenade of choice has always been longbow sprayers. Just aim at the center of a group and your minimap suddenly is empty.
    I think Longbow are my favorite for any situation. It's nice to be able to force a grenade hit instead of watching it uselessly bounce away.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Krade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Homing MIRVs are pretty sweet, too. I had one with 8 child grenades and a half second fuse. Just throw it and be comfortable with the knowledge that whatever it decides to land on will soon be removed from your vision.

    Also found a homing sticky singularity yesterday. It was fun and entertaining to watch, but with only one explosion it can't compare to the damage output of a MIRV.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-09-28 at 09:24 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

    Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

    I am B.
    Are you B?

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    polity4life's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where wheels have wings

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    If you're so lucky to find one, try to hold onto a homing MIRV transfusion grenade. I have one and, unfortunately, the damage isn't fantastic but it's a nice extra source of healing.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

    The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    I don't think I've found any longbows yet in BL2. The times I've used the sprayers I was thoroughly unimpressed with them. So far my favorites are MIRVs. I loved the one Boom Bewm dropped and used that for a long time.


    So Tannis... she is well known for her... disposition towards other humans. So it really surprised me when I started my siren that one of the first times I went to see her she said something about we should go back to her bedroom to talk more about something. Forget now if it was a quest turn in or just some proximity talking. But it caught me off guard and I questioned whether or not that is really what she said. I briefly though maybe she was a lesbian, but remembered many of the ECHO recorders of hers where she has issues with both men and women. And after a minute I thought... it has to be because I'm a Siren. From what we know of Tannis a Siren is probably something she would be very interested in.
    Anyone that has played Maya past level 10 or so notice anymore more about that?

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground
     
    JediSoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    I'm level 20 now (maybe 19, I forget) and I have yet to find a single Transfusion or Longbow grenade. I also didn't get a single corrosive weapon until AFTER I rescued Roland (thanks A LOT, game!).

    I have, however, gotten at least half-a-dozen purple drops. I've heard of other people getting as far as I have and only seeing one purple. It's wild.

    Also I <3 Tiny Tina. I want MOAR quests where I run around helping her blow stuff up, 'cause her commentary is FUNNY.
    JediSoth
    ENnie Awards Submissions Coordinator & Publisher Relations
    Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D
    Learn about my novels!

    "After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began."

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground
     
    JediSoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So Tannis... she is well known for her... disposition towards other humans. So it really surprised me when I started my siren that one of the first times I went to see her she said something about we should go back to her bedroom to talk more about something. Forget now if it was a quest turn in or just some proximity talking. But it caught me off guard and I questioned whether or not that is really what she said. I briefly though maybe she was a lesbian, but remembered many of the ECHO recorders of hers where she has issues with both men and women. And after a minute I thought... it has to be because I'm a Siren. From what we know of Tannis a Siren is probably something she would be very interested in.
    Anyone that has played Maya past level 10 or so notice anymore more about that?
    Yes, she was a quite flirty in one of our conversations. Never got it to repeat, though. What's really funny is: she doesn't actually have any private space in the Crimson Raiders HQ that could be considered "her bedroom." She's wack, yo.
    JediSoth
    ENnie Awards Submissions Coordinator & Publisher Relations
    Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D
    Learn about my novels!

    "After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began."

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DiscipleofBob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So Tannis... she is well known for her... disposition towards other humans. So it really surprised me when I started my siren that one of the first times I went to see her she said something about we should go back to her bedroom to talk more about something. Forget now if it was a quest turn in or just some proximity talking. But it caught me off guard and I questioned whether or not that is really what she said. I briefly though maybe she was a lesbian, but remembered many of the ECHO recorders of hers where she has issues with both men and women. And after a minute I thought... it has to be because I'm a Siren. From what we know of Tannis a Siren is probably something she would be very interested in.
    Anyone that has played Maya past level 10 or so notice anymore more about that?
    I noticed the quote too. As Zer0, Axton, and Salvador.

    She's either crazy or crazy and bi.

    Interestingly enough, most conversations after that one where she gives you her "standing offer" she seems repulsed by any character.

    I found it more interesting that she apparently is on speaking terms with her ECHO recorder again, and this one is named Roland.
    RP's
    Bleach in the Playground OOC IC
    I am willing to make and roleplay as characters for people's factions, etcetera on request.

    My Characters:
    My Bleach Characters

    Active Stories:
    Ultimate Wonder Woman on Ultimate DC

    ((On Hiatus:))
    The Shipwreck Pirates, a One Piece original crew fanfic. Arc 2: Tempest Tossed

    Avatar by Necromimesis.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I noticed the quote too. As Zer0, Axton, and Salvador.

    She's either crazy or crazy and bi.

    Interestingly enough, most conversations after that one where she gives you her "standing offer" she seems repulsed by any character.

    I found it more interesting that she apparently is on speaking terms with her ECHO recorder again, and this one is named Roland.
    Tannis is an odd one, but that's her role. You feel kind of bad for her when she has a moment of lucidity. Her entire personality is the shattered remains of what she was built up to prevent her from dropping into the ranks of the murdering psychos.

    Yah, Borderlands 2 is pretty depressing right under the surface.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    The quote I remember from Tannis (speaking to her as Salvadore) went something along the lines of "Or come to my bed...open invitation!". I think she maybe really, really likes Vault Hunters...

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DiscipleofBob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Tannis is an odd one, but that's her role. You feel kind of bad for her when she has a moment of lucidity. Her entire personality is the shattered remains of what she was built up to prevent her from dropping into the ranks of the murdering psychos.

    Yah, Borderlands 2 is pretty depressing right under the surface.
    At least she has a community with Sanctuary, and she's not stuck out in the middle of Rakk-infested ruins in seclusion or a claptrap junkyard like last game. To me that spells improvement. C-R-A-Z-Y. Improvement.

    EDIT: You want someone with a depressing story in Borderlands 2...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Helena Pierce. Of course it's the only sane ones that get offed.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-09-28 at 11:25 AM.
    RP's
    Bleach in the Playground OOC IC
    I am willing to make and roleplay as characters for people's factions, etcetera on request.

    My Characters:
    My Bleach Characters

    Active Stories:
    Ultimate Wonder Woman on Ultimate DC

    ((On Hiatus:))
    The Shipwreck Pirates, a One Piece original crew fanfic. Arc 2: Tempest Tossed

    Avatar by Necromimesis.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    Yeah, I think they maybe overcompensated for how comparatively awesome (or at least useful) fire was in BL1's campaign.
    It's not that fire was particularly better than the other elements, it's just that elemental weapons in general almost universally sucked in the first game because of the way the proccing worked, and both of the "always procs" legendaries happened to be fire.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    It's not that fire was particularly better than the other elements, it's just that elemental weapons in general almost universally sucked in the first game because of the way the proccing worked, and both of the "always procs" legendaries happened to be fire.
    Elemental weapons sucked in the first game? This is the first I've ever heard of that.
    Given my primary was Lilith with a lot of elemental skills but I always found them to be much more powerful then their standard counterparts. There weren't even that many SMGs and Pistols that didn't have elemental damage. It seemed like snipers proced almost every time with any character, and it was one of the best parts about grenades and rocket launchers.
    Assault rifles and shotguns didn't have nearly as many elemental options, but most of the time I found both of those gun types to rate low on my preferences.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    She's either crazy or crazy and bi.
    You say it as if it's a bad thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Tannis is an odd one, but that's her role. You feel kind of bad for her when she has a moment of lucidity. Her entire personality is the shattered remains of what she was built up to prevent her from dropping into the ranks of the murdering psychos.

    Yah, Borderlands 2 is pretty depressing right under the surface.
    She's also said in one quest introduction that she has Asperger's. While I don't agree with this statement (if she's on the spectrum, it's clearly one of the most extreme cases of autism I've ever seen portrayed anywhere).

    On another note, I'm one of those guys who loves a good laugh. But I'm also one of those guys of which it's incredibly hard to make laugh. When I heard Handsome Jack say "hey buddy, how's it going? -Ah, these pretzels suck", I think I may have lost it. That deadpan delivery was absolutely genius.

    Also, I hit level 50 last night. I also killed Terramorphous, and the two guys I was playing with took all the good loot. Luckily, one of them saved the Siren Slayer of Terramorphous mod for me. So that was nice. Time to start my Gunzerker playthrough.

    P.S., the Warrior isn't that hard on TVH mode. Neither is Terramorphous.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-28 at 02:25 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DiscipleofBob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    You say it as if it's a bad thing.
    Not at all.

    Well, maybe the crazy part is a bit bad.

    I also doubt her crazy is anything more than the result of her experiences on Pandora.
    RP's
    Bleach in the Playground OOC IC
    I am willing to make and roleplay as characters for people's factions, etcetera on request.

    My Characters:
    My Bleach Characters

    Active Stories:
    Ultimate Wonder Woman on Ultimate DC

    ((On Hiatus:))
    The Shipwreck Pirates, a One Piece original crew fanfic. Arc 2: Tempest Tossed

    Avatar by Necromimesis.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I also doubt her crazy is anything more than the result of her experiences on Pandora.
    I should buy a ceiling chair.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Well, I just got this game, and it's pretty fun. Been a while since I played any kind of FPS, but that's all right. I imagine that this would be a tad more fun with someone else to help me brutally kill things, though. Is there any kind of list I can sign up for? Or would anyone be interested in doing a little tag-team with me?
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jasdoif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon, USA

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Elemental weapons sucked in the first game? This is the first I've ever heard of that.
    Given my primary was Lilith with a lot of elemental skills but I always found them to be much more powerful then their standard counterparts. There weren't even that many SMGs and Pistols that didn't have elemental damage. It seemed like snipers proced almost every time with any character, and it was one of the best parts about grenades and rocket launchers.
    Assault rifles and shotguns didn't have nearly as many elemental options, but most of the time I found both of those gun types to rate low on my preferences.
    It wasn't that they suck, but the system was rather byzantine. Procs in general required a percentage chance and a "tech pool" cost (which can vary wildly between gun types), tech pool only regenerated while the weapon was held (unlike eridian weapons, which can recharge while unequipped), higher elemental multipliers could proc at different intensities with differing chances and costs, all three damage-over-time effects are based on the target's health (and the difference between your level and the target's) and not on anything to do with the gun itself...and none of that is directly mentioned within the game itself. Choosing weapons with guaranteed procs (launchers, revolvers, explosive sniper rifles, certain eridian weapons and legendaries) was probably as good for sanity as it was for output

    The explicitly listed percentages and damage on the item cards in BL2 are far easier to make sense out of.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

    The Index of the Giant's Comments III - We've Left a Banana In Charge
    (this banana, specifically)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Codemus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    My favorite grenade mod was the orange 2x one. I'm not at home, so I can't check the name, but its a MIRV with a 0.0 fuse time that blew up, released the child grenades, then after that explosion relesed EVEN MORE child grenades. So even though I got it half way through the first playthrough, its served me well so far in TVHM.
    Add me on Steam! Link


    Here is some Homebrew that I've worked up.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Well, I just got this game, and it's pretty fun. Been a while since I played any kind of FPS, but that's all right. I imagine that this would be a tad more fun with someone else to help me brutally kill things, though. Is there any kind of list I can sign up for? Or would anyone be interested in doing a little tag-team with me?
    If you are playing on Steam I would play with you, being Erloas there too. And I'm not sure how much it may have changed in a week, but I actually had pretty good luck just joining random peoples' games at release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Codemus View Post
    My favorite grenade mod was the orange 2x one. I'm not at home, so I can't check the name, but its a MIRV with a 0.0 fuse time that blew up, released the child grenades, then after that explosion relesed EVEN MORE child grenades. So even though I got it half way through the first playthrough, its served me well so far in TVHM.
    That is the one I mentioned earlier. I know it drops from Boom&Bewm, if it drops from anywhere else as well I don't know.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere lost in dream.

    Default Re: Borderlands 2

    Got this today for the 360. Seems fun so far, though I'm thinking it'd probably be more so with someone to play with.

    So if anyone feels like it, my gamertag is Taejix.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Skype: Taejix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •