Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

What is 'The Bee'?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

The Bee is a legendary Amplify shield (that is, a shield that cause your guns to do additional damage when your shields are full but drains your shields) that... doesn't drain your shields.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    What is 'The Bee'?
    Some ridiculously overpowered Amp Shield dropped by Hunter Hellquist and prized by everyone. With "everyone" referring to Zer0. So yeah, everyone .
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Well this is getting kind of annoying... I'm in the Dust trying to finish up The Good, the Bad, and the Mordecie and the ground seems to have broken. I noticed it first when I was trying to drive some vehicles and they keep getting stuck in the ground and sometimes falling through. And now the majority of the loot is falling through the ground too. I have restarted the game a few times and even restarted my computer once too and it doesn't seem to help.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Verify the cache of the game, or join someone else's game.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    That is the one I mentioned earlier. I know it drops from Boom&Bewm, if it drops from anywhere else as well I don't know.
    AFAIK, Orange-quality loot is almost entirely limited to specific bosses and quests. Boom Bewm is almost certainly the only source for this MIRV++, much as Hellquist is the only source of The Bee.

And now, since my Salvador is just at that point in TVH, it's time to go farm up my new favorite grenade.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Got this today for the 360. Seems fun so far, though I'm thinking it'd probably be more so with someone to play with.

So if anyone feels like it, my gamertag is Taejix.
    I'm a 360 player as well. What times are you usually on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

I killed Laney twice before she dropped her legendary pistol. Since it was TVH+ (everything is scaled to you), it's a level 50 pistol of awesome. I've killed Henry hundreds of times, and yet she won't drop that stupid head for the Siren! GAH!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

So, last night I and a friend stumbled across quite an interesting hiccup in the game.
    We were in Sanctuary, and he decided to redeem his golden key. When he did so, the usual thing happened: he grabbed his loot, and for whatever reason, tried to open the chest again. Much to both our surprise, the chest reopened, granting us more purple class items. Of course, we tried it again. Surprisingly, we got the same result.
    45 minutes later, fatigued from grinding the black heck out of that chest, we decided we had broken the game enough and moved on.
    We have no idea how we caused this to happen, but I've seen posts on other forums detailing similar incidents. Has anyone here had this happen?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    I'm a 360 player as well. What times are you usually on?
    I work fairly random hours, so I can potentially be on at pretty much any time that isn't stupidly late at night (going by GMT).
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I work fairly random hours, so I can potentially be on at pretty much any time that isn't stupidly late at night (going by GMT).
    That sounds a lot like my schedule, actually. See you on Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    AFAIK, Orange-quality loot is almost entirely limited to specific bosses and quests. Boom Bewm is almost certainly the only source for this MIRV++, much as Hellquist is the only source of The Bee.

And now, since my Salvador is just at that point in TVH, it's time to go farm up my new favorite grenade.
    all mobs have this really really reallllllly small chance of dropping oranges. Bosses just have a much higher chance and a smaller pool of oranges to pick from. Also, Red chests have a chance to have Orange quality loot too, but no one knows what it's limited to. I got my bouncing bunny from the red chest farm in arid badlands.
    or you can try your luck at the slots as triple vault symbols drops an orange every time. but good luck getting it lol. .3% chance
    Brocham
    Yocham

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I killed Laney twice before she dropped her legendary pistol. Since it was TVH+ (everything is scaled to you), it's a level 50 pistol of awesome. I've killed Henry hundreds of times, and yet she won't drop that stupid head for the Siren! GAH!
    Quoting my own post, Henry finally dropped the head! Woo!

On the downside, it looks pretty lame! Boo!

On the upside, I killed Spycho once, and he/they/it dropped the Legendary Shield "Negonator"! Woo!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

You should follow DuvalMagic on twitter. He's giving away some shift codes for free golden keys.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I killed Henry a couple hundred times. Got the Gunzerker head (was super disappointed), her orange shield (didn't care), the Siren head (didn't care), her orange shield, her orange shield, her orange shield, and then the Assassin head.

So worth it.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

So checking the game integrity didn't help falling through the ground, restarting the computer didn't help, but simply traveling to another zone and coming back seems to have fixed it all.

I liked the Splinter Group quest, it was amusing.

I also just got a corrosive pistol from Moxxi from a quest and so far I'm really liking it. That, and probably 3-4 other blue items I have have red text indicating they do something more but I haven't quite figured out what most of them are.

Also are the Jakob outfits really rare or just later in the game? I've got outfits for most of the other manufacturers, a couple from some of them in fact, but nothing yet from Jakob. I also don't think I've seen anything yet from Bandit. I'm also not seeing very many heads, I like the bowler, but was hoping for some more hats (which I don't even quite understand since I almost never see my own character...).

With the inconceivable skill, does the % chance of not using ammo not use it out of the clip or not use it out of inventory? Having upwards of 50% more shots per clip is significantly more useful then being less likely to run out of ammo (which almost never happens for me). I'm going to look at respecing but not quite sure what I want to do yet.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Also are the Jakob outfits really rare or just later in the game? I've got outfits for most of the other manufacturers, a couple from some of them in fact, but nothing yet from Jakob. I also don't think I've seen anything yet from Bandit. I'm also not seeing very many heads, I like the bowler, but was hoping for some more hats (which I don't even quite understand since I almost never see my own character...).

With the inconceivable skill, does the % chance of not using ammo not use it out of the clip or not use it out of inventory? Having upwards of 50% more shots per clip is significantly more useful then being less likely to run out of ammo (which almost never happens for me). I'm going to look at respecing but not quite sure what I want to do yet.
    I *think* I got my Jakobs skins from the slots in Sanctuary.

Inconceivable and 5So6 both give free/additional shots to your current clip, though note that Incon's bonus only kicks in when you're low on health or shields, and 5So6 is a kill-skill. On the other hand, the fact that Fight For Your Life puts you at 0 shields and 1 HP for its duration means squeezing a half-dozen cheap-as-free rockets out of a 4-shot magazine is not entirely unheard of ...

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I killed Henry a couple hundred times. Got the Gunzerker head (was super disappointed), her orange shield (didn't care), the Siren head (didn't care), her orange shield, her orange shield, her orange shield, and then the Assassin head.

So worth it.
    Did you use the Gunzerker head? I'll trade you for it. I'll also trade for one of the shields.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

I used all of the heads and threw/gave the shields away, sorry.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

I just killed a rakk with a thrown shotgun. (Can't recall the company name that you throw rather than reload.) And I did it with Salvadore, not with Maya.

I had a bunch of rakks attacking me and was using the shotgun anyway. On a lark, I decided to try for the achievement for killing it with the thrown gun. To my shock, it worked!

I don't have a screenshot to prove it. (I play on the 360, so getting the screenshot would be a lot harder.) And I didn't think it would work anyway.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    I just killed a rakk with a thrown shotgun. (Can't recall the company name that you throw rather than reload.) And I did it with Salvadore, not with Maya.

I had a bunch of rakks attacking me and was using the shotgun anyway. On a lark, I decided to try for the achievement for killing it with the thrown gun. To my shock, it worked!

I don't have a screenshot to prove it. (I play on the 360, so getting the screenshot would be a lot harder.) And I didn't think it would work anyway.
    I somehow managed to pull that off with a rocket launcher (my only Tediore weapon). It took... many tries.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I had the Bunny Legendary RL, and somehow managed to nail a Rakk when it was going in for a low-dive.

You would not believe how badass I felt. In other news, I'm looking for some Siren heads. Namely, the one that Badass enemies drop (like how Zer0's M0t0rcross head drops), and the one BNK-3R drops. I'm willing to trade for these heads, and I've got a spare M0t0Rcross head and a Legendary pistol from Laney to sweeten the deal.

Hit me up on Steam if you're interested. Name's the same.

EDIT: PhysX is really cool.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-30 at 03:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

I had to disable PhysX just because I'm playing a MotionSiren.

That singularity effect wreaks merry havoc with all flags/canvas roofs and particle effects, and slows my PC down to about 10FPS otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

If you're going with motion, try this build I cooked up. I don't think I've ever managed to kill this efficiently before. Inertia is just an insanely overpowered skill. It seems like a dump skill, but if your goal is to get more bullets out, an Absorb shield is what you should look for.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-30 at 05:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    If you're going with motion, try this build I cooked up. I don't think I've ever managed to kill this efficiently before.
    If the upcoming DLCs raise the level cap back to 69 (or at least 67), and thus adding Ruin to that becomes feasible ...

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

I'm interested in making a Law/Order Maya melee build, or a Love Thumper melee build. Something in which I can strike enemies for insane amounts of damage.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Has anyone else on Xbox had problems in Fink's Slaughterhouse? I keep finishing the first wave but wave two won't trigger for some reason.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

So, um, I just got back to Sanctuary after a certain mission involving a train and a 13 year old girl...

Spoilers. Seriously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Holy. Crap.

That was incredible. Guardian Angel working for Jack?!?!? Never saw it coming, but it makes so much sense, and at the same time is a perfect extreme plot twist. That, and the sequence following it, just made my day. Some of the best video game writing I've seen in a looooooong time. Congrats to Gearbox's writers, they definitely earned their pay.

Makes me wonder how they're going to explain her motives for genuinely helping you through the rest of the game - or if it's still an act (though I doubt that).

"Big deal, so your city's flying. What do you have that you think could possibly save you?"
    "A Siren."
    <city vanishes>
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    [spoiler"Big deal, so your city's flying. What do you have that you think could possibly save you?"
    "A Siren."
    <city vanishes>[/spoiler]
    'Sup?

Man, and I thought Phasewalking was awesome in the first game. Apparently it's closer to Phasewarping. I'll be damned if I didn't wish that Phasewalk didn't allow teammates to phase, too.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground

So far I've only touched Axton, two turrets or a nuke turret, it's so hard to choose... (Nuke won out, it does like 300000 on average... :P)
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P