New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "I Saw This Movie One Time, Years Ago...."

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    This one is ancient. I've seen it very young, so it had to be in the mid-80s, and I think even back then it was already an old movie.

All that I know is that it was about some kids somehow being in the age of the dinosaurs. And the only scene I remember is one tyranusaur fighting some other dinosaur in the sunset while the kids watched in horror and fascination from the distance. I think it was on some kind of plain and the dinosaurs were on the other side of a river.
    I also think it was stop motion and possibly even black and white.
    Possibly one of the incarnations of "Journey to the Center of the Earth"? I was not-as-young during the mid 80's, but I still don't remember for sure.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

There seems to be a trashy spanish adaptation from 1977 in which they go to the lost world through a cave, and that there was some kind of magic cave as the connection is one thing I remember quite well.

I found it online and those "kids" are actually just a hotblooded young man any an easily scared damsel in constant distress, but it does seem to be the one. The effects are just as I remember.
    Amazing, I think this is one of the oldest memories I have.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #93

When I was very young, I saw a fantasy movie that I absolutely loved, but I can't remember very much about it now. I mostly just remember that there was a boat, and that one of the characters (possibly the main character) was in love with a medusa, who didn't turn people to stone because of special sunglasses. I also vaguely remember unicorns being involved somehow, although that may not actually be the case. Help?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Google, first result:

Voyage of the Unicorn (2001 TV miniseries)
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Google, first result:

Voyage of the Unicorn (2001 TV miniseries)
    whuh... but... what did you search? I've been trying various combinations of the bits I could remember sporadically for a couple of years now. Clearly, your google-fu is much stronger than mine.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-06 at 11:29 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

medusa wearing sunglases

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    whuh... but... what did you search? I've been trying various combinations of the bits I could remember sporadically for a couple of years now. Clearly, your google-fu is much stronger than mine.
    I was actually trying to find that when Yora posted, so here is what I searched:

unicorn medusa special sunglasses

https://www.google.com/search?q=unic...hrome&ie=UTF-8

8. - Top - End - #98

...Well, my google-fu is clearly quite weak. Thanks for finding that! *begins to watch miniseries*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerask View Post
    I have one too,

I saw it a long time ago on the fff (fantasy film fest) I think, my memory about it is really hazy.
    Its very similar to Groundhog Day in that the protagonist is also trapped in a time loop, but in the case of this movie it was only 1 hour or so.

Spoiler
    Show

So with no way of getting out of it he first tries to kill himself many different ways and pretty much goes totally nuts and becomes a driveling husk of a human being... I don´t recall there being a happy end.
    I think you're talking about 12:01 pm. Though there are different versions of this. Lemme see if there's a video link or something...

BOOM! Found the whole freakin' film! I think this is the version you want, because this is the one I like. He doesn't figure it out in the end... just stays stuck in the loop forever.

1 of 3
    2 of 3
    3 of 3
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-06 at 01:10 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen that one many years ago. I don't really remember anything, except that I think it was quite good.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    I think you're talking about 12:01 pm. Though there are different versions of this. Lemme see if there's a video link or something...
    Except that Emmerask says it's not 12:01.

I suspect it might be Limbo, but I can't find a trailer or clip of the film anywhere.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    There was a sequel called It Runs in the Family also known as My Summer Story. I know fishing was involved, but not sure about the goldfish thing.
    Pretty sure that is the movie I was looking for. My Google-fu is not strong. Your Google-fu is very strong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Cool thread...

I once saw a movie consisting a series of possible scenarios about the last hours of a man on death row before his execution via lethal injection: his last meal, his last night, his conversations with the prison warden, etc. In one scenario he was broken and pathetic, in another he was angry and violent, in another he was an assh0le trying to piss off the warden and the guards, and so on. (I didn't see all of it, but I presume he faced his impending death with dignity in the last scenario.)

Being staunchly opposed to the death penalty, I thought it was an interesting concept. Now I just wish I could remember the name of the film.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-10-08 at 11:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

This wasn't exactly long ago, but I actually didn't catch the title of the movie.

Anyways, it was about this boy. He had a younger brother. And at some point, he is driving and they crash and the younger boy dies. After this, the older boy works in the cemetery, and apparently he can still see his dead brother. And he stays with him and keeps him company. Then he sees a girl and they really do get along great. She wants to sail a boat, but there's this storm, and apparently she's a ghost, but the guy can still save her, and he has to choose between keeping a promise to his dead brother or saving the girl.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds like 'The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud'
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can't recall the name of this, but I am betting someone here does. An 80s comedy, where a group of high school/early collage? aged kids end up in a scavenger hunt at night (I think) around a large US city. I have a vague recollection of a scene in an RV, one in a diner, and another in a glass outdoor elevator. Probably not overly popular, since I can't recall seeing it on TV when there was the massive 80s replays, but I can vaguely remember liking it, and I want to know the name.
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-09 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    The name that popped into my head was Demon Knight, but after a quick read-through of the synopsis, I can't find any mention of ghosts, old ladies or hellfire. There is a demon in a church with fire that I vaguely remember, though. Guess that isn't what you're looking for?
    No, that is not it. I would remember the crypt keeper! I still whistle that little ditty from his show. Oh, funnily enough I remember an episode where a black widower was marrying old women or their bank accounts, an poisoning them off. Their zombies all came back and divvied up his body. I use to have nightmares about that!

... Crap.

<_< anyway. One of the big points was the burning in the beginning, and the phrase "no one can help". But google doesn't help with those...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Sounds like 'The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud'
    Yes. Yes it is. Thank you.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so... there was this one, movie? It was about a race.

There were these two daredevils, and one was called like, Wesley or something, and the othe was Professor Fate (Professor Fate was awesome). And they did this race around the world, except there were more people, and it was like three hours long, and at one point they got stuck on an iceberg and at another point they were held captive inside an Eastern European castle, and a cake fight happened in there somewhere, along with an old-west saloon brawl that was just awesome.

And the romance was kinda lame, and also at the end the Eiffel Tower got explodes. This movie was my childhood, guys. My childhood.

Professor Fate++

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Alright, so... there was this one, movie? It was about a race.

There were these two daredevils, and one was called like, Wesley or something, and the othe was Professor Fate (Professor Fate was awesome). And they did this race around the world, except there were more people, and it was like three hours long, and at one point they got stuck on an iceberg and at another point they were held captive inside an Eastern European castle, and a cake fight happened in there somewhere, along with an old-west saloon brawl that was just awesome.

And the romance was kinda lame, and also at the end the Eiffel Tower got explodes. This movie was my childhood, guys. My childhood.

Professor Fate++
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Race

Found it!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

I remember that one!!! That's "The Great Race" with Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis! Majorly awsome movie -- one of my childhood favs.

Missed by seconds!
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-10 at 12:25 PM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    I remember that one!!! That's "The Great Race" with Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis! Majorly awsome movie -- one of my childhood favs.

Missed by seconds!
    Yay!

Also, other people have seen the movie! *Shock*

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope, I just googled:

"professor fate" wesley race

and it came up as the first result.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you folks also do internet videos? I once saw one and can't find it for the life of me. Two of them actually...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Do you folks also do internet videos? I once saw one and can't find it for the life of me. Two of them actually...
    this?
    No idea about the second one. Do you have any more details?
    Last edited by pita; 2012-10-10 at 01:57 PM.
    Ceika is a beautiful, wonderful person. The avatar was made by his/her great talent, and depending on his/her sex and sexuality, I either have a giant crush or a totally appropriate liking for him/her.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Yay!

Also, other people have seen the movie! *Shock*
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Nope, I just googled:

"professor fate" wesley race

and it came up as the first result.
    Oh, I saw it. I think my grandmother had a crush on Jack Lemmon, considering how many of his movies she liked to watch... I think I can still quote "The Odd Couple". I can picture several scenes from "Under the Yum Yum Tree" and "How to Murder your Wife", amoung others...

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pita View Post
    this?
    No idea about the second one. Do you have any more details?
    Nice stab, but no. That was awesome though.

Ok the first one was these guys that pull up in a van to a guy grilling hamburgers. The guy says..."mmmmm, sounds like somebody's having a hamburger party."

They later open the sliding door of the van and proceed to try to convince the guy to "put the hamburgers in the aquarium, now!" (the aquarium is behind the sliding door, empty)

At one point they also say, "ooooo, college boy, you must know all about ecomics". Mispronounced accurately.

The second video was about a witch who turned people into things, and I believe was animated. The witch turns this guy into a whale, and he starts gasping for breath and saying..."why am I a whale?!"

Perusing youtube has not gained me any results.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's a few:

1) A manga, early 2000's I think, set in a girls middle or high school. The plot is about a group of girls who are elected to wear this kind of living hat that looks like a frog. The hats turn the girls hair into drill like things that they use to fight the monster of the week.

2) A psycho thriller/slasher/horror film. The only scene I remember is the villain taking of the top of a guys skull and slicing off a piece of his brain which he then fries in a pan while a girl watches.

3) A horror novel where a boy gets a corneal transplant and ends up being able to see into other peoples minds and make their worst fear a reality.

4) A zombie horror comedy where there are these slug like things that invade peoples bodies through their ears/mouth/nose/what have you. Has a guy with crutches as the best friend of the protagonist. Scene I remember is when the guy on crutches goes into a public restroom and one of the slug things pops up from somewhere; the guy uses a book of matches to set the slug thing on fire.

1782. I will remember we're playing 4th edition and stop using my imagination.
    - From 1975 things MR. Welch is no longer allowed to do in an RPG.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Second View Post
    Here's a few:

1) A manga, early 2000's I think, set in a girls middle or high school. The plot is about a group of girls who are elected to wear this kind of living hat that looks like a frog. The hats turn the girls hair into drill like things that they use to fight the monster of the week.
    Alien Nine?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Second View Post
    2) A psycho thriller/slasher/horror film. The only scene I remember is the villain taking of the top of a guys skull and slicing off a piece of his brain which he then fries in a pan while a girl watches.
    I'm guessing Hannibal, starring Anthony Hopkins.

4) A zombie horror comedy where there are these slug like things that invade peoples bodies through their ears/mouth/nose/what have you. Has a guy with crutches as the best friend of the protagonist. Scene I remember is when the guy on crutches goes into a public restroom and one of the slug things pops up from somewhere; the guy uses a book of matches to set the slug thing on fire.
    Might be Night of the Creeps, starring no-one I can remember.
    Last edited by SmartAlec; 2012-10-10 at 09:00 PM.