New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

New Appleloosa

Lucky thinks better of remarking on Gwendolyn's appearance. He wants to keep whatever is left of his face firmly attached to his skull.

"Eh, I'm in no rush. Can barely move. Whole body hurts..." Lucky grumbled. "I think a caravan is supposed to show up sometime today. We might could offer to bodyguard it. Make some caps. Get a ride to Tennpony Tower..."

He ponders a moment. "Yeah, Tennpony Tower ought to have somepony who can fix up that jacket, and................" his voice trails off.

Lucky thinks about the jacket. And the statue.

"Be Awesome!"

He remembers how he felt when he first found the statue. How he felt about himself at the time. Who he thought he was - a cheerful delivery-pony with a knack for being nice to folks. And now... Who he really was. An idiot ex-slaver and murderer who couldn't be trusted while drunk, and probably not while sober, either, just to be safe.

Still sprawled out on the floor, Lucky's shoulders slump, and wings droop limply to his sides.

He wasn't awesome. Not even close...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Ranger, The Foal, The Griffin

"Well nice to meet you little Eledwhen," the griffon replies trying to sound 'nice'.

As for the working agreement that seems to be taking shape. "You have a plan? Some ponies holed up there have been needing put down for a long while."

Leaving OA

"Kid, she isn't coming back right now, there's lots of politics and stuff about to happen. We need to get back to town."

He's not bleeding, but the leg is still sore.

"And it's a bad idea to just run into an information dealer asking to join. Shady business."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ranger, The Griffin, The Foal

Lamianos nods, saying "I'm working on one. I lack all the information I need to properly strike, but currently I plan to hire a few more mercs before I wait for the raiders to leave for a raid. Once their numbers are dropped I'll swoop in, ice whoever seems to be the top dog, and cement myself as the new leader. Course, I'd have to know a bit more about the odds and ends in Ponyville, but the important part is securing some muscle. I might be a moving arsenal, but I'm only one pony. I cannot be everywhere at once."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof - a Cave]

Spoiler
    Show
    Rusty shouldn't ask?
    Akwellen must not have properly gathered how this pony's mouth works...

"Better ways to get thinking time, than wandering off alone."
    A little frown, a little shrug.
    Folks do strange things, in these dark times.
    Maybe it's like a faint madness?

"...especially when it's raining."
    He may be missing a couple screws, in relation to things like this.
    Oh hey!

Just in time for Rusty to practice not asking, there's Heim now!

He's wet. He smells like a cross between wet bird, wet cat, and wet pony. None of those are probably very nice aromas, but given that this is the wasteland offensive odors are probably the least of everyone's worries.

"Get some sleep, Akwellen. I'll cover the rest of the night."

The griffon nods and finds a reasonably comfortable place to curl up. Hopefully he won't start bapping Rusty with his tail in the middle of the night. That's one of the major dangers of sleeping near griffons after all.

Heimdalr sits down near the cave entrance and simply stares off into the darkness.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #365

"There is one difference between Ponyville and Old Appleoosa and Dodge. Superstitions say the place can drive a mind mad on its own."

The griffon shakes his head. "It's a silly thing, but many ponies there seem willing to play the part and will have to be purged."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

"A caravan sounds good. After all, you can't get anything done without going anywhere! Now come on, let's not be total downers here. We'll get some work done, make some discoveries, and start with our quest to hammer some righteousness into this world of ours. I'll be ready whenever you are!" With that, Bright Eyes skipped out.

[Old Appaloosa]

"I said I'd rather not talk about Eledwhen, didn't I?"

Night Jewel's expression gradually shifted to a smile. "Now, the Underground is a loose network of quiet, clever types. They're rather diverse, but most are willing to go for a challenge and good pay.

"As for you, Luka, you would be a 'dog'. It's their general term for those who rely more on strength than subtlety."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa-Tavern Room]

"Sounds like someone is too optimistic about this world..."
    Gwendolyn commented lowly after Bright Eyes left the room. She glanced at Lucky with a tired stare.

"Could you toss me my rifle back, please, Mister Lucky?"
    She asked taking off the bedsheet covers.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky stares after Bright Eyes as she leaves. "Hammer... righteousness? Um..." He shrugs, and takes another sip of the strange concoction. "Yeah," he nods in response to Gwendolyn's remark. "I'm not sure how to handle her naivety. I don't wanna be rude to the gal..."

With a grunt, Lucky sits up and stretches, raising his hooves and spreading his wings. Everything hurts slightly less now, and the headache has started to fade. "Huh. That stuff works..." he murmurs.

When Gwendolyn tosses off the sheets, Lucky smirks and gives a wolf whistle. He is then quick to hold up his hooves and smile. "Just being silly, don't worry..."

Unless Gwendolyn begins to beat him to death, Lucky staggers to his feet and stumbles across the room, over to where her rifle landed. He grabs the strap in his teeth, and slowly half-trots, half-limps back over to the griffin. "Here ya go, Miss Gwendolyn."

[Tag: Purity & Benson]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Lamianos turns his head to look off where his map told him Ponyville would be "Well then, in that case I guess we better get moving. First thing to do would be garnering some muscle." he says as he begins to trot through the forest, already looking through his resources to see if there's any known Merc hold outs or small scale slaver operations between them and Ponyville. If he can't buy troops he can always cow some less well armed slavers into aiding his crusade, could he not?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn shot a glare at him and then sighed as she grabbed her rifle. "Thanks."

She glowers via the corner of her eyes and smooths back her feathers on her head. "You'll be.....alright right? I mean...I didn't cause permanent damage to you did I?"

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Shattered Hoof - a Cave]

Hopefully he won't. But the possibility will be reduced slightly by Rusty failing to return to his own sleeping spot.

Instead, he may be inching closer to Heim's watch position.
    "Sooooo. Ready for an exciting time watching rain do rainy things?"

He sounds slightly more enthusiastic than necessary, although the volume is kept down.
    Wouldn't want to wake up the others, after all.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Old Appaloosa]

"It's not naivete," called Bright Eyes from outside the room. "It's defiant idealism. The difference is that I'm willing."

Someone had pretty good ears.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-08 at 08:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373

[survival]"If you want to get in unnoticed, there's generally a lot of natural cover up the old train tracks," Razoreye replies to this while the group gets going. With the forest cover he walks along. Simply too many trees and stuff to fly, and griffons are more high-altitude gliding anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

Waking up Sivr would be unwise. Good way to get her saddle bags thrown at you. And there are plenty of hard things in there. No one likes getting pelted with a sack full of engineering tools.

"Listening, mostly,"
    Heimdalr replies, his tone contemplative. The rain continues to hiss upon the ground, the steady downpour interrupted only by the occasional peal of thunder.

The hippogriff's ears fold back slightly at the sound.

"I don't suppose you're the religious sort, are you?"
    Heim inquires. "The kind of pony who believes that Celestia and Luna still watch over the world from wherever it is they are now?"

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Old Appaloosa]

"I said I'd rather not talk about Eledwhen, didn't I?"

Night Jewel's expression gradually shifted to a smile. "Now, the Underground is a loose network of quiet, clever types. They're rather diverse, but most are willing to go for a challenge and good pay.

"As for you, Luka, you would be a 'dog'. It's their general term for those who rely more on strength than subtlety."
    "Hm, I'm more about skill at using strength than "strength" anyways, but if they do, then ok.... But guessing by how you speak about "dogs", then I guess they may not even want me, I mean, if they think the same...."
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky smiles cheekily. "Aw, despite all the growls and glares, you're concerned for me. That's so touching." He chuckles, and taps a hoof to the side of his head. "I'll be fine. I need to change my bandages in a bit, anyway, and that should heal any damage you might have caused. But seriously, don't worry about it." He gives a small shrug, and averts his gaze. "I deserved it anyway."

Lucky sits down on the bed, and gives a small laugh. "Besides, you'd have to try a lot harder to actually kill me. I finally know where most of these scars came from, and if that stuff didn't kill me, I doubt a rifle stock to the skull will do to the trick..."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [New Appleloosa]

Lucky smiles cheekily. "Aw, despite all the growls and glares, you're concerned for me. That's so touching."

"Mister Lucky, let's not push our luck so early in the morning,"
    She warned with a wag of a talon. She then found herself staring at the door catching a bit of Bright Eyes word sounds through the door.

He chuckles, and taps a hoof to the side of his head. "I'll be fine. I need to change my bandages in a bit, anyway, and that should heal any damage you might have caused. But seriously, don't worry about it." He gives a small shrug, and averts his gaze. "I deserved it anyway."

Lucky sits down on the bed, and gives a small laugh. "Besides, you'd have to try a lot harder to actually kill me. I finally know where most of these scars came from, and if that stuff didn't kill me, I doubt a rifle stock to the skull will do to the trick..."

"Right, seems I'll have to try harder next time,'
    She wanly smirked before softly sighing again. "We'll, I'm glad you're fine.....you're of no good dead, or liable to fall into unconsciousness at the most inconvenient time."

"Anyways, well, let's get our things and meet up with our young companion."
    She began to collect her things.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky gives the door a wry look. "Somepony's nosey!"

The pegasus hops up, and begins to trot around, gathering up his personal effects. Hat, vest, combat harness, saddlebags.... "Of no use, huh?" he asks as he adjusts his battle-saddle. "And what use am I of normally, then? Charming wit? Conversation? Bullet shield?" he smirks playfully.

He doesn't mention 'stress relief' or anything sketchy like that. That would be too obvious right now.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky gives the door a wry look. "Somepony's nosey!"

The pegasus hops up, and begins to trot around, gathering up his personal effects. Hat, vest, combat harness, saddlebags.... "Of no use, huh?" he asks as he adjusts his battle-saddle. "And what use am I of normally, then? Charming wit? Conversation? Bullet shield?" he smirks playfully.

He doesn't mention 'stress relief' or anything sketchy like that. That would be too obvious right now.
    She put on chest plate and strapped it over and under her wings, slung her rifle, shotgun, holstered The Splitter, put the bottlecap necklace around her neck...

"Bullet shield,"
    She said all serious business matter of factly-like before finding herself with a small smile and shook her head. "Anyways, I'm already, let's go meet with Bright Eyes." She made towards the door.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky smiles. "Eh, it's a step up from my last job."

He gives a wave of his hoof, ushering her to head on out. "You go ahead. I need to change my bandages real quick..." he says with a shrug. "I'll be out in a few minutes. Perhaps you should see about getting us some breakfast?"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

And so she went downstairs looking back at him once with a furrowed brow expression. Sigh.

She was now present and accounted for downstairs just somewhat groggy now.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

A few minutes later, Lucky trots down the stairs, his face and hooves adorned with a nice layer of clean, vibrantly white bandages. Ignoring the glares and stares from a few of the patrons, he quickly trots over to Gwendolyn and Bright Eyes. "Much better," he says, adjusting his hat. He's left the bandages around his mouth loose enough so that his mouth and expressions are more visible. And so he can eat. Eating is important...

"So, what's the plan? Anyone know if that caravan is here yet or not?"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eledwehn runs around her father's legs merrily! So we get to meet other ponies?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

A few minutes later, Lucky trots down the stairs, his face and hooves adorned with a nice layer of clean, vibrantly white bandages. Ignoring the glares and stares from a few of the patrons, he quickly trots over to Gwendolyn and Bright Eyes. "Much better," he says, adjusting his hat. He's left the bandages around his mouth loose enough so that his mouth and expressions are more visible. And so he can eat. Eating is important...

"So, what's the plan? Anyone know if that caravan is here yet or not?"

"Actually yes, the caravan got here twenty minutes ago, on their way to Ditzy's place, they'll be doing their trading with other folks and vendors for a while until they leave,"
    Apple Martini answered as she made rounds cleaning some tables up with a cloth.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

"Perfect!" Lucky chimes. He hops up, and begins to trot towards the door. "I'll be back in a moment. You two go ahead and get us some food for the road. I'll get us some medical supplies - and hopefully a job."

And off he goes...

-10 minutes later-

Lucky trots back in, a mischievous glint in his eyes, a smirk on his bandaged face, and a first-aid kit hanging from around his neck. "Good news, everyone! We're hired!"

He trots over and sits down with Bright Eyes and Gwendolyn, and unslings the bag of medical supplies from his neck. Setting it on the table, he grins. "We leave for Tennpony Tower in about 20 minutes. Their last bodyguard ran afoul a nest of fire ants just before they got here. Talk about a lucky break. Well, for us at least," he shrugs his wings. "I managed to sing us on as their new bodyguards for the return trip, in exchange for modest payment and some medical supplies. Supplies now, payment when we get there, based on how good a job we do."

Lucky leans against the table and sighs contently. "You gals got anything left to take care of? I think I'm done with this place. Just gonna go say bye to Miss Martini, and get a snack..." he says, before hopping up and swaggering over to the bar to bug Martini for a bit. After saying his goodbyes, he trots back over and sits down to eat his breakfast.

An iguana on a stick. Which he ravenously begins to devour.

Hopefully Bright Eyes ain't one of them ponies who thinks ponies shouldn't eat meat.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge East Rim]

That replay gets a small, sad smile from the alicorn. When We join with Unity memory is stripped away. We do not forget... We simply remember too much. If you are joined to Unity as you are now all that will remain in your heart is the darkness and hatred of your vengeance. You may become another empty vessel of the Goddess' will... else you will be filled with contempt and arrogance, becoming another being like Blackheart.

Pity. Sadness. Concern. All quite apparent in the alicorn's telepathic voice.

Who you are and what you stand for remains within Unity. Though I recall neither my name nor my special talent I am... similar... to the pony I was before. I believe that. I must believe that. We do not lose everything in Unity, despite what ponies say about Us.

Well!

That's interesting to know. Sounds like she's suggesting-

You MUST find who you are, Ebon. You must find who you are beyond vengeance and hate. Or you will spend eternity within Unity as a vengeful, hateful instrument of the Goddess' wrath. And... the Goddess has many such ponies already...

[Ghastly Gorge East Rim]

Ebon's face is unreadable, but that glint in his eye is unmistakable. The stallion is afraid, more than anything else. He says nothing, though.

Meanwhile, he mentally weighs his options. He admittedly was fairly confident that the party, by now, would have the brainpower to lay low somewhere where the Alicorns wouldn't find them, especially not without wasting horsepower on a spiteful act of violence. However, actually escaping looked like a more difficult action with every moment of opportunity he wasted.

He still didn't understand why he'd gone back for Anome, though. The necromancer was stained with guilt, to be sure, but he wasn't nearly that foolish.

(Sorry for the wait; I was having some difficulty coming up with a decent response without breaking character.)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-09 at 10:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Hm, I'm more about skill at using strength than "strength" anyways, but if they do, then ok.... But guessing by how you speak about "dogs", then I guess they may not even want me, I mean, if they think the same...."
    Leaving Old Appleoosa

Finder shakes his head at Luka's discomfort. If the colt thinks that's an insult, he's in for a rude shock pretty rapidly. "At this point you have more pressing matters, however," the scavver states while still keeping his levitation going and moving forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388

((That should have been West Rim all along. Herp de derp >_<))

[Ghastly Gorge - West Rim]

The Goddess is exactly spiteful enough to waste the resources required to hunt down Ebon's friends if he breaks his deal. She's kind of grumpy like that.

For a long time Anoma simply peers sadly at the necromancer. She has brought plenty of ponies to Maripony for their apotheosis. And it isn't uncommon for her to feel some degree of heartbreak for them. So many lost ponies without purpose or virtue. So many lost ponies holding so much hurt.

The Wasteland is such a terrible place... grinding away at what good ponies have.

I believe I am ready,
    the alicorn says as she rises from the pool and trots toward Ebon. If the stallion had a PipBuck on right now its clicking would be informing him that such proximity to the false-goddess isn't very healthy. Steel yourself. Long distance teleportation can be... jarring... if one is not accustomed to it.

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Leaving Old Appleoosa

Finder shakes his head at Luka's discomfort. If the colt thinks that's an insult, he's in for a rude shock pretty rapidly. "At this point you have more pressing matters, however," the scavver states while still keeping his levitation going and moving forward.
    He doesn't seem to take it as an insult, but is instead confused.
    "More pressing matters? like what?"
    Then notices Shadow's weigh again and asks
    "I'm not really sure, but should we just dig here and leave her or when we get to the town?"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-09 at 12:00 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

"Ah, good! We're going somewhere!"

Bright Eyes gave Lucky a quizzical look as he ate. She remembered the time her half-aunt Quartzhoof had eaten a hyena liver, and that had not ended well at all. "I'd better pick up some purgatives before we leave. Wouldn't want you slowing us down with a case of indigestion, after all."

[Leaving Old Appaloosa]

Night Jewel shook her head. "I already said that the Underground was full of diverse types. They wouldn't all judge you the same way just for your skills."

On the question of Shadow, she thought a bit. "Well, it wouldn't be convenient to cart the heavy corpse all the way back to town, and she doesn't really need a special grave. Unless you're planning on harvesting her bones for materials, I don't see why we can't just bury her here. It's as good a place as any."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-09 at 02:38 PM.