New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

The Ranger, The Griffin, The Foal

Lamianos scrolls through his map and looks at the train tracks, closing the map away from his view he says "Good thinking, the train tracks don't seem to be too populated aside from the occasional cart here or there. Shouldn't find too much trouble. Once we get near Ponyville we'll set up camp and start planning and scouting." the stallion begins to redirect his course so that the group can get to the train tracks. The foal bobbing and weaving through his legs seems to have little effect on the jaded ponies movement, expertly evading stepping on the foal "Yes... We do. Not all good, but yes new ponies none the less. And you get to learn how to shoot a gun," he pauses "The wasteland's going to be tough for you, and I won't always be standing by your side to scare ponies away. I want to make sure you're properly armed in the worse case scenario, so that you can defend yourself."

[TAG MCerberus, DarkElfBard]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eledwhen keeps darting in and out of Lmamia's legs excited ly, even hopping on and off his back once or twice. Shouldn't have had that soda they day earlier. It makes the foal hyper.

What's a gun? Is it a kind of tree or something? Why is Razoreye a bird not a pony?

Run around, run around, proceed with talking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [New Appleloosa]

-10 minutes later-

Lucky trots back in, a mischievous glint in his eyes, a smirk on his bandaged face, and a first-aid kit hanging from around his neck. "Good news, everyone! We're hired!"

He trots over and sits down with Bright Eyes and Gwendolyn, and unslings the bag of medical supplies from his neck. Setting it on the table, he grins. "We leave for Tennpony Tower in about 20 minutes. Their last bodyguard ran afoul a nest of fire ants just before they got here. Talk about a lucky break. Well, for us at least," he shrugs his wings. "I managed to sing us on as their new bodyguards for the return trip, in exchange for modest payment and some medical supplies. Supplies now, payment when we get there, based on how good a job we do."

Lucky leans against the table and sighs contently. "You gals got anything left to take care of? I think I'm done with this place. Just gonna go say bye to Miss Martini, and get a snack..." he says, before hopping up and swaggering over to the bar to bug Martini for a bit. After saying his goodbyes, he trots back over and sits down to eat his breakfast.

An iguana on a stick. Which he ravenously begins to devour.

Hopefully Bright Eyes ain't one of them ponies who thinks ponies shouldn't eat meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [New Appaloosa]

"Ah, good! We're going somewhere!"

Bright Eyes gave Lucky a quizzical look as he ate. She remembered the time her half-aunt Quartzhoof had eaten a hyena liver, and that had not ended well at all. "I'd better pick up some purgatives before we leave. Wouldn't want you slowing us down with a case of indigestion, after all."

Gwendolyn herself, finished up her breakfast of watered down oats, she was not in the mood for meat like she might be. She wiped her beak.

"No, I have no business left here, maybe pick up some potions now that Miss Ditzy has acquired them, but that's it."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post

Eledwhen keeps darting in and out of Lmamia's legs excited ly, even hopping on and off his back once or twice. Shouldn't have had that soda they day earlier. It makes the foal hyper.

What's a gun? Is it a kind of tree or something? Why is Razoreye a bird not a pony?

Run around, run around, proceed with talking.

Damn did this foal have alot of questions.

"You see that round thing strapped to my armor? That's a gun. That square thing on the other side is a rocket launcher. That thing Luka carried around is a gun. They shoot bullets, little metal objects that you feed a gun, and they use those bullets to penetrate a ponies body or scare them away." he raises a hoof to let the little filly scurry unhampered before continuing "Alot of guns were used in that fight we had before, they made all those loud noises, and they're what will protect you when push comes to shove.... that means when you really need it most." he preemptively thinks of the foal's question, not wanting to answer a question he thinks he'll have to answer already.

"Razoreye was just born that way, his parents were birds, their parents, and the parents before them. Just the way it is. That's like asking why your a pony."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge - West Rim]

Ebon continues to look somewhat distraught until Anome speaks. He almost immediately tenses somewhat before relaxing with a sigh, in spite of the no doubt unpleasant radiation beating down upon him.

"I am ready, when you are."

Escape plans can wait for the right opportunity. Right now he wanted to see just how it was that she teleported. New spells are a rare and valuable commodity, after all, especially when they hold so much value in the department of "staying not-dead."

The Griffin, the Ranger, the Foal, and the Fool

Meanwhile, a snoring sound can be softly heard, clearly not far away. Cursory investigation would reveal a rather dirty Earth mare napping in the alcove of a boulder, a grenade launcher leaning up against her and a rather stuffed saddlebag at her side.

...How stupid would somepony have to be to just take a nap in the wastes?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ghastly Gorge ==> Unity Outpost]

Okay!

Time to teleport!

The alicorn's horn lights up and Ebon will likely feel a rather awful wrenching, pulling sensation. Though not pulling in the sense of getting yanked along the ground. But rather pulling as if he were simultaneously imploding and getting turned inside out. It isn't painful. But it isn't very comfortable either.

There comes a brilliant magenta flash of magic and suddenly both Ebon and Amona should be standing none too far away from some kind of industrial complex. Probably an old Hippocampus Energy building of some kind. Several alicorns can be seen guarding and patrolling near it.

Anoma gives Ebon a concerned look and speaks aloud. "So close to so many of my sister my own voice will become somewhat... muted. We may not be able to speak again until after your apotheosis."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ranger, The Griffin, The Foal, and The Fool

Lamianos screeches to a halt at the sound of snoring.

Well.... that was unexpected.

He turns on his E.F.S. and begins to investigate the sound, stumbling upon the foalish pony who decided to sleep in the middle of the wasteland. Grinning he slides the grenade launcher away from the mare and takes a dominant position in front of her. He stomps one hoof down, leering and leaning in on the potential "Recruit".
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

The RGFF

Eledwhen keeps up her hyperness, eventually stopping to cling on Lamianos' leg.

Oh. I get to learn to fire one? Can I use this one? She points at the minigun, and gives Lamia a hug around the body and a kiss on the hoof, running around again.

Oh, look! A mare!

Dad! Should we wake her up?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

The RGFF

Lamianos shakes his head "No, you don't get to shoot this one. You get your own gun." he pauses to give a second glance to the mare before saying "That's the plan, doll. Although it looks like she might be a bit more sleepy the expected. HEY, WAKE UP." he pushes his hoof onto the mares head and begins to shake it.

[TAG Obliviom]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky stands up and stretches his wings. "Welp, I'm ready. And don't worry, Bright Eyes. I've got a strong gut. I'm gonna head on outside and wait outside the gate. Caravan should be ready to move out in a bit."

And with that, Lucky heads for the door.

Whenever Gwendolyn and Bright Eyes rejoin Lucky, he's outside the entrance of town waiting for them, along with two other ponies and three pack brahmin. The other two ponies are clad in heavy traveling coats, dust-scarves, wide-brimmed hats, and covered in a variety of clinking and clacking bottles, satchels, and knick-knacks. Wasteland traders through-and-through.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-09 at 09:56 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa-Town Entrance]

Eventually, after purchasing a potion from Ditzy, the griffon flies over to the town entrance, trying to look as dignified as sh could and act like that morning never happened the way it did.

"Greetings."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Firbolg in the Playground

RGFF, aka The Merry Band of Murdering

Foals and hatchlings are always so full of questions. Luckily Razoreye is a relatively patient griffon. It seems she seems eager to learn how to survive in the wastes, which is good. When the group stumbles upon the mare, he goes to relieve her of the grenade launcher while Lamianos attempts to wake her up.

Leaving OA

"Isn't the dead I'm worrying about," Finder states. It was true, they had a colt slowly bleeding out. It would be hard to tell if and when he dies though, considering appearances.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

The unicorn manages to resist vomiting, despite the probable radiation poisoning and the uncomfortable stretching. Interesting use of the magic though; He notes how it moves through her body. Certainly not enough to duplicate the spell on his own, but it gives him a place to start later on the off chance he gets out.

After hearing Anome speak, however, his thoughts turn elsewhere.

"What should I expect?"

It is spoken softly, as if the Ebon isn't truly sure what he's referring to. The vagueness suggests that he might be referring to something more abstract than the immediate situation, but doesn't really want to admit it.

The Ranger, The Griffin, The Foal, and The Fool

The Grenade Launcher is removed from the immediate reach of the mare! Apparently nobody thought to take her saddlebag though. Ah well. Razoreye likely notices the word "Thumper" carved into the side of the weapon.

(Also, because I forgot to mention it before, the Mare is wearing a battle saddle with no weapons currently attached.)

In any case, no shaking turns out to be necessary, since the mare's eyes spring open when she's touched. She proceeds to let out an "Eep!" of surprise and mild terror, supplanted by a more profound sense of dread as she notices that she's surrounded by a pony in Red-and-Black-painted Power Armor, a Griffin armed with... ...her weapon of choice, and a foal. Okay, that last one isn't too scary, but the first two more than make up for it.

"...Horseapples."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-10 at 06:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404

[Unity Outpost]

"We gather ponies here before taking them to Maripony. Some come willingly as they wish to join Unity. Others have made deals with the Goddess as you have. Many are slaves sent here by Red Eye. To join with Unity is surely a better fate than perishing in the radiation pits of Fillydelphia."

The alicorn's tone suggests that she truly believes that they're offering a better fate to these ponies. To become something greater than what they are. "Find yourself, Ebon Flame. Find a true calling and Unity will give you purpose and peace. We will meet again soul to soul when the time comes."

She begins to trot toward the compound. As Ebon draws closer he'll be able to hear a telepathic murmur in his mind. No doubt the various alicorns communing with each other. As the pair draw closer to the compound Anoma's posture changes quite noticeably. Before she moved as if she were just an oversized pony. But now she stands tall and regal her motions seeming vaguely automated.

Almost as if she isn't even there. Just a body moving of its own accord.

Two green alicorns stand at the entrance gate like statues, projecting a crackling red barrier across the gates. The shield vanishes as they draw near.

Looks like there are at least a dozen alicorns here that Ebon can spot. All standing around impassively. To one side of the compound is a large fenced in area containing quite a few normal ponies. And that seems to be where Ebon is being marched.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof]

Waking up Sivr would be unwise. Good way to get her saddle bags thrown at you. And there are plenty of hard things in there. No one likes getting pelted with a sack full of engineering tools.

"Listening, mostly,"
    Heimdalr replies, his tone contemplative. The rain continues to hiss upon the ground, the steady downpour interrupted only by the occasional peal of thunder.

The hippogriff's ears fold back slightly at the sound.

"I don't suppose you're the religious sort, are you?"
    Heim inquires. "The kind of pony who believes that Celestia and Luna still watch over the world from wherever it is they are now?"
    [Toward Shattered Hoof - A Cave]

For his part, Rusty seems to be treating the rain and thunder about the same as anything else.
    An amused smile and a distracted gaze.

Although the smile neutrals out slightly at Heim's question.
    He'll readily admit to himself that this is not something he's particularly prone to thinking about.
    "I dunno. Maybe? Possible they are, I guess, if all the reports of their power from the Not Horribly Dead Days is accurate. If they were goddesses in life, not sure why they would be different in death."

That is given some extra thought as he says it, his wandering mind as usual glancing in a slightly different direction almost immediately.
    "Assuming they didn't somehow escape and just flee somewhere..."
    Gods could run from a measly megaspell, right? Sure, it implies they completely abandoned their country, but...maybe makes sense.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #406

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

"Hmph," hmphs the sour kangaroo hippogriff. "My mother was pretty big into the Princess worship. Obviously most griffons aren't terribly keen on it."

Ponies and all.

"I've often wondered what side of things I would fall into once I finally get a bullet through the skull. Though I suppose in the end it doesn't matter too much just so long as I manage to avoid getting kicked into Tartaurus."

It isn't a very happy place.

Or so he has heard.

"Eh. If the Princesses had just ran the buck away I can't imagine they would have remained gone. Letting everypony rot away in the wasteland? The Pegasus forsook the surface and even they send a pony down here every now and again."

17. - Top - End - #407

Leaving OA

"If you mean Elestre, we stabilized him, at least, but I don't think trying more could be safe, not with the conditions, so hurry?....Or you meant something else?"

Then turns to Night
    "They don't? I though most of you were all like that, yet, guessing from what it seems, I don't know what could I do with them, I prefer the direct, straightfoward approach, just that from a side sometimes."
    "And every one should be special; If it was better to just get her to town then I would... Maybe the process of digging would make thinks even slower"

[Tag: MCerberus, Purity]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-10 at 02:14 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Shattered Hoof - A Cave]

"Assuming we don't just cease to be."

Where's the confirmation for an afterlife, is the goddesses were here?
    Of course, equally like there is, he supposes. Not a whole lot of data in his hooves for this, one way or another.

"But I'm sure you'll be fine, as long as you're a good boy. That's the usual requirement, right?"
    Rusty very clearly isn't religious, despite having failed to directly answer the question earlier.
    "Thinking about it too much probably doesn't help your cause much. Just be your Best...Hippogriff and that's all that can be asked."

And before he gets dangerously close to being insightful, he stops.
    "Maybe! Just an idea. They're either hiding somewhere or dead, since they haven't come to our rescue yet."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

The RGFF

Lamianos grins "Well, lookey here. Seems like we got ourselves a new recruit. That is, if your interested in living. I wouldn't want to scar such a nice face anyway." he moves his hoof off of the mares face and raises his head, giving the impression of even bigger height and dominance.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #410

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

Just cease to be.

Somehow that just doesn't sit right with the Hippogriff. Isn't Tartaurus a real place? He's heard tell that one can just walk there if they're willing to brave the Everfree Forest. If the place of punishment is real then why would the place of reward be false?

"I know some ponies believe that Celestia and Luna literally became the sun and moon when they died. That one seems to be pretty popular. Part of the reason why there's so much bad blood toward the Enclave. Blocking out the view of the goddesses and all..."

Understandable.

"Heh... I imagine that would be really awkward. Oh hey there my little ponies! Sorry we vanished for two centuries and left you all in this hell-hole. To make it up have some cake."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Yeah, definitely getting dug deeper. Well, maybe one of these other ponies knows something useful. Ebon goes along as he's expected to, though attempts to fit him with direct constraints such as a horn lock or chains would merit more of a reaction.

The RGFF

...Yep, she's terrified. It's a good thing she hasn't eaten in a while, or else the ground would be a bit browner than usual about now.

"I, um, okay. For what?"

She seems to be under the impression that she's just been enslaved.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

The RGFF

Lamianos' grin grows ever wider as he says "Why, you've been recruited for the glorious revolution of Equestria."

Yup, slavery.

He takes a step back "Oh but don't worry, if we succeed you'll get fame and power. Dread from those who wish to take from you, and most of all, a better place to sleep in then the middle of nowhere," he says, raising his hoof before pausing "And all we have to do is conquer Ponyville...."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #413

[Unity Outpost]

No locks. No chains. Not even a horn-clamp to prevent Ebon from using his magic. How interesting. He'll be directed into the enclosure whilst a pair of alicorns watch the goings on like a hawk.

Once he's safely with the rest of the 'pilgrims' Anoma turns and flies off to take up a position on the wall. It's like she isn't even there anymore. Kind of unnerving.

As for the ponies...

Some look like they're despairing. A young unicorn filly crying whilst an old nag attempts to comfort her. Others are clearly excited by the prospect of joining unity. One such pony approaches Ebon with several pouches of Rad Away! "Here. You look like you could use a few doses," the blue stallion says. "Did you get teleported in by one of the Goddess' children?"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[The RGFF]

"Ponyville? Why didn't you just ask? Those punks have been asking for it ever since they set up! I mean, my old boss never let us shoot them because they're 'valuable trade partners' or something, but still!"

The mare, whose name happens to be Pineapple Blast for future reference, reaches for her Grenade Rifle, only to find it missing.

"...Yer griffon grabbed Thumper."

Wait, "Old Boss?" "Trade Partners" with Raiders? Taking a nap outside of a slaver hub shortly after a battle?

Pineapple might just be an ex-slaver...

[Unity Outpost]

Ebon turns to look at the surprisingly eager pony. Then looks down at himself. Then looks back. Were outward signs of contamination already showing? Radiation poisoning is not a fun way to go. Thinking a moment, the unicorn accepts a RadAway and drinks it quickly, suppressing the foul taste of the liquid.

"I thank you for sharing with me. As for the teleportation, I indeed was transported in such a manner. Quite efficient, really.

In any case, I am Ebon Flame. Who are you?"

25. - Top - End - #415

[Unity Outpost]

The pony quirks his head off to the side slightly. "Ebon Flame? Interesting. You must be the sort for combat spells. I've never had a head for that myself."

The blue unicorn turns sideways a bit to display his cutie mark, a weird winged stick with two vines wrapping around it. "Pure Touch. I'm something of a prodigy when it comes to healing magic."

Well!

That certainly explains why the Goddess might be interested in him.

"My parents were both members of the Church of Unity. Father was killed... tending to the wounded in a band of ponies he ran across. Turns out they were bandits... after he had done his best to heal them they killed him and took his supplies..."

Sounds... sad. Not bitter. Just sad.

"Mother made The Pilgrimage some years ago. Now I'm following in her hoofsteps. And what of you, Ebon Flame? Why are you here?"

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

A Day's Southwest of Old Appleloosa-Morning 9:49 am

It was hot.

How hot was it? It was so hot that it would make the number one spot on Maxim's Top 100 hottest list. The earth was dried and cracked, a few weeds poked up in defiance as trees stood dead and proud dotting the landscape. Tough Stomp and Maul Steel were still a day's away from the Palomino River to the west.

The pair had recently deserted Old Appleloosa after that whole....fiasco. Everything was just a mess, the boss acted like he was on his menstrual cycle, lashing out at everyone and even killed one of his clip on foal slaves in the process. It was crazy. And Tough Stomp just couldn't handle it all, he knew he wasn't cut out to be a slaver, he was too much of a coward and a pile of failure as a bad guy. It was then he decided to leave, leave this crap hole behind, tagging along, his companion Maul Steel, a just as big a coward as he was. Every step Tough Stomp took was filled with doubt and fear, but his body just kept moving forward.

And so, their misadventure brought them here, in the middle of nowhere. Well, it used to be somewhere, an old relic of small town whose name was forgotten with time. All that remained were empty derelict hollowed remains of what would have once been houses. There was not even anything to scavenge, it was a scavenger's bad dream.

At the moment, Tough Stomp was doing an inventory of what they had for food. The two taking refuge in one of the gutted out remains of a house.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

A Day's Away from Old Appleoosa

Maul began to play with a knife, floating it about before slinking it back into his sheathe. He was more accustomed to free loading off of slavers then scavenging. He had an empty water canteen, a bunch of knives, and a single dose of dash stashed away. Wouldn't want Stomp to get his hooves on that now would we? His tongue flapped out, dry and hungry for food. But just really dry. REALLY DRY. Like holy Celestia how can you suck out that many water particles? He. Lowered his eyes, looking out one of the windows and spotting something... Round shaped. He stares even harder before saying "Hey, Stomp. Plants need water to live right?" he stares even harder now "And a cactus just stores up water to drink later right? So.. If we say cut open a cactus there would be water in it right?" he turns his head back towards Tough Stomp, pointing a hood out towards the distance. It was a green fuzzy blob that might be a cactus. And at this point Maul would rather eat spikey food then think about eating Stomp. Maul was tough, but he still had doubts about trying to overpower his friend just to survive, left alone overpowering him in the first place.

[TAG Benson]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-10-10 at 10:04 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

The olive maned unicorn stallion has his own tongue flapped out as he went over inventory. Two packages of Fancy Filly cakes and a can of SPUM.

"Yea..maybe...I mean...not all cacti hold water that at least we could access. If its a prickly pear cacti its just a matter of slicing the outer pokey skin.."

[Tag Tychris1]
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-10 at 10:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leaving OA

"Point being," Finder responds while trying to nudge the others to pick up the pace. He may not be bleeding but there's still the numbing pain.

"Time's not on our side. Sooner we get to town better he's off. Talking about the semantics of a group of ponies that would sell you out given a few bits won't slow us though."

RGFF Merry Murder Squad

"And you might just get it back if you prove cooperative."

Razoreye takes short look over the weapon before ensuring that it isn't loaded. Decent weapon for a raider, but he may not be a raider. "Might want to start by listing off names of who you were talking about."

The griffon goes into his deep, soul-searching stare to size up a pony. This one appeared to be a bit of a spaz.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

Maul looked on at the distance, weighing his options before saying "Alright, I think we should go for it. If it isn't a cactus se're dead. But if we sit here we're dead. Gimme one of them cakes and then we should move out. if that's okay with you....." he mutters, not sure whether or not Stomp will just laugh him off like most ponies laugh off his plans. Laughing. Always laughing. It's why Maul liked it do much, it answered so many problems. Have a bad joke? Start laughing. Need to pass the time? Laugh. In terrible pain or put through unbearable grief? Laughter will hide the pain.

It always does.

[TAG Benson]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░