New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Flying High Again]

Lucky grins crookedly. "I was smart enough to get a payment up front in the form of that first aid kit. Should easily make up for whatever trouble we may-"

~boom~

Lucky looks down in horror at whatever Bright Eyes just blew up. "What the?!" he exclaims, gaining altitude just to put some distance between himself and whatever craziness is going on. "Ummm... Where did she....? Oh. Right. Ditzy," he deadpans. "Uh... Anyway... So yeah, anything you wanna chat about while we do the boring scout thing?" he asks with an optimistic smile, even though he knows what the answer will likely be - nothing.

Down on the ground, Flim and Flam stare in amazement at Bright Eyes weapon. They then both begin to ask lots of questions. "Where did you get it?" "How much did it cost?" "How old is it?" "Where did it come from?" "Can you modify it?" "What is the average power output?" "Can it fire underwater?"

This goes on for quite awhile...

Some time later on, after all the weird weapon discussion has wrapped up (because actually roleplaying that out would be a headache for everyone), Flim and Flam cast a few furtive glances back and forth between each other, Lucky, Gwendolyn, and Bright Eyes.

Eventually, the left merchant looks back at Bright Eyes. "Pssst. We have a question," he whispers.

"Yeah," the right stallion whispers, glancing at her out of the corner of his eyes. "About Miss Gwendolyn."

"Is she the same griffin Mister Lucky told us about?"

"That he got in a fight with?"

"And managed to come out even?"

"Getting only a black eye, and some scratches?"

"Not many ponies can fight a griffin."

"Especially one as badass as her."

"So if that's the same griffin..."

"...and she joined his team..."

"...or was already on his team..."

"That's pretty awesome," they both whisper and nod in unison.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leaving OA

Elestre turned his head sarcastically. "You don't think I have enough reasons to hate him? He shrugged off his duty like it was as light as a feather, possibly traumatized and then stole my last remaining relative, killed someone who I was beginning to respect for no apparent reason, trapped you, and shot me full of holes when I tried to stop him. I hope, for his sake, our paths do not cross again."

He radiated cool anger. Then his head dropped and he spoke in a hopeless voice.

"I just want us all to be together again and united against evil. Why did he have to do that? WHY?"

His last word roared unexpectedly out of his scarred throat. He looked startled a second before his eyes rolled back into his head.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-12 at 09:00 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

The RGFF

Lamianos turns his head towards Razoreye, tapping his power armor "Well there's always this," he stomps his hoof down and lowers his head, his weapons priming and showing their full glory "As a safety precaution." He movs towards Razoreye, turning the both of them away from Blast and dropping to naught but a whisper "And it's not like I need her for long or as if she's playing a crucial role. 3-4 guns aimed her way are less guns at us, and if she kills things thats even less weaponry." turning back to Pineapple Blast he says "Why yes we are mobilizing right now," he turns to Eledwhen, recoiling for a second at the sight of the gun but remembering it's unloaded he merely says "Yes, yes it us a gun. But that's not your gun, that's Miss Blast's gun. Yours will be less.... Destructive. Hopefully."

If no one had any objections (Aside from Eledwhen, as Lamia had grown used to walking and answering any questions that pour from her mouth) Lamia would continue to lead the group towards the railroad tracks and then towards Ponyville.

[TAG MCerberus, Obliviom, DEB]

A Days southwest of Old Appleloosa- Morning 10:05 AM

Maul looks at Tough Stomp, circles around him and says "We do what we learned to do in Old Appleloosa. We take what we need. And what we need is food." he pokes his horn into Tough Stomp to prod him forward "Come on now, get. I need you to distract 'em while I sneak up on 'em." he says, giving Tough Stomp one last hooray before slinking back to try and circle around.

[TAG Benson]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof]

Maybe that's what he was doing out in the rain?

Praying to the goddesses?

That seems like the sort of thing somepony would want a bit of solitude to do.

"Mm. An occasional sunny day would be nice. It's an amazing feel, the sun on your skin. I've gone above the clouds a few times. Always have to be careful, though. The Enclave has patrols just itching to shoot anyone down with the gale to insist on seeing the sky."

Heimdalr sounds bitter. Can't imagine why.

"Ha. Fresh cake wouldn't be so bad. Fresh anything wouldn't be so bad. Bloatsprite and radhog gets wearisome after a while."
    "There'd be riots in the streets if the sun properly poked out, I imagine. Ponies wouldn't know what to do with themselves."
    It'd be so different from the norm, they might just think they were being attacked or something.

Rusty shrugs. Doesn't seem interested in the sun, for whatever reason.
    "Maybe someday.
    Until then, I'll just sit here, waiting for my cake. Possibly also placing bets for hippogriffs getting rain sickness."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Flying High Again]

Lucky grins crookedly. "I was smart enough to get a payment up front in the form of that first aid kit. Should easily make up for whatever trouble we may-"

~boom~

Lucky looks down in horror at whatever Bright Eyes just blew up. "What the?!" he exclaims, gaining altitude just to put some distance between himself and whatever craziness is going on. "Ummm... Where did she....? Oh. Right. Ditzy," he deadpans. "Uh... Anyway... So yeah, anything you wanna chat about while we do the boring scout thing?" he asks with an optimistic smile, even though he knows what the answer will likely be - nothing.
    Gwendolyn reacted to the shenanigans below with a deadpanned eye roll and head shake. "Anyways. I'm afraid I do not have a particular topic to venture into at this moment. Would you like me to just pick one at random?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    A Days southwest of Old Appleloosa- Morning 10:06 AM

Maul looks at Tough Stomp, circles around him and says "We do what we learned to do in Old Appleloosa. We take what we need. And what we need is food." he pokes his horn into Tough Stomp to prod him forward "Come on now, get. I need you to distract 'em while I sneak up on 'em." he says, giving Tough Stomp one last hooray before slinking back to try and circle around.

[TAG Benson]

A Days southwest of Old Appleloosa- Morning 10:05 AM

Tough Stomp's own hooray was not as enthusiastic. On a random note, proper cover was not much of a commodity here, twas mostly open space with a few dead trees providing sufficient cover.

Tough Stomp decided to play the helpless lost wandering pony, which wasn't too hard, he'd be method acting. He limpingly ran up to them a good thirty feet waving a hoof and yelling out toward them.

"H-Help..please...I-I'm...so thirsty...please?"
    He pleaded and dropped right in front of whoever this pony with the wagon and Brahmin was.

"Oh dear...." Replied a female voice as the Brahmin stopped and stared at Tough Stomp. The voice however did not come from the two headed cow but from an orange unicorn mare with a short choppy yellow manecut. She hopped off the wagon and rushed over to Tough Stomp. "Here...let me help." She said as she floated from her wagon a small bottle of water. Tough Stomp himself was taken aback by what was happening. Of all the things he expected, he was not expecting a mare trying to get him to drink water, which he greedily drank.

"T-thank you mare,"
    He said lamely.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-13 at 12:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwendolyn reacted to the shenanigans below with a deadpanned eye roll and head shake. "Anyways. I'm afraid I do not have a particular topic to venture into at this moment. Would you like me to just pick one at random?"
    Lucky raises an eyebrow, his bandaged jaw working side-to-side thoughtfully. "You know what, sure. Let's see what you can come up with. I figure we've got a bit of time while they pester Bright Eyes, and vice versa..."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Lucky raises an eyebrow, his bandaged jaw working side-to-side thoughtfully. "You know what, sure. Let's see what you can come up with. I figure we've got a bit of time while they pester Bright Eyes, and vice versa..."
    The griffon glided on the cold winds up here in the cloudy skies. She glanced around the wasteland landscape, how grey it was, almost devoid of color. Even most ponies and other creatures she saw had that grey hue hinted in them. As if the landscape was a physical part of them. What a horrible thought. Gwendolyn rubbed her beak and glanced upward in thought. She then glanced at Lucky.

"Do you ever dare yourself to break into the cloud cover just to piss off the Enclave, making them having to fix the gap?"

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leaving OA

His last word roared unexpectedly out of his scarred throat. He looked startled a second before his eyes rolled back into his head.[/QUOTE]

"You trusted a whole bunch of ponies to go against their own interest, and one of them was a bastard."

Finder nods towards the path to NA hoping to get the group going before somepony decides on something stupid. "Also we all fell for the 'trust the ranger' trap."

At least they aren't talking about the alicorn.

RGFF

That little move elicits a small grin from Razoreye. One way to inspire loyalty. Oh, and it's especially effective against the disposable. Moving on to tactics.

"Raiders are cowards, ones with very little real training. They require surprise, numbers, and sometimes chem highs and are still a joke to anypony that can aim straight. Brutally take a patrol out, then display it prominently. It should summon who we want to kill faster than just start the shooting in the town."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Unity Outpost]

To say that Pure Touch provides Ebon with a sympathetic look would be quite the understatement. This is the sort of pony that can empathize it would seem. "I'm so, so sorry. Not just for your loss. But that you've sacrificed so much time on such a dark quest. And I can't imagine the most recent betrayal has given you much hope..."

The stallion's expression brightens ever so slightly. "But you saved some at least through the Goddess' mercy. That counts for something at least. Once we've all made the Pilgrimage we'll be the Goddess' hooves to bring about a better Equestria for everypony. Hopefully the time will come when needless death will be a distant memory and nothing more."

"HRPH!" comes a snort from the old nag as she glares venom at Pure Touch. "Don't you listen to him, boy. His words are nothin' but radscorpion poison sweetened up with honey. Those alicorns," she spits on the ground at that word as if it were bitter in her mouth. "Are false goddesses and a blasphemy against the Sisters."

Ebon looks incredulously at both of them.

"...If you two don't mind, I lack the inclination for this particular debate. What shall be, shall be."

Barring any reason why it would be inappropriate to do so, the sorcerer trots over to one of the corners and begins attempting to work that teleportation spell. Of course, with no real idea what he's doing beyond a fair grasp of Magical Theory and having seen in action all of once, he probably doesn't quite get it on his first try. However, he's unlikely to end up causing some horrible accident: He's attempting to indirectly transport himself about a centimeter off the ground, and is competent enough not to scramble his own atoms while doing so.

He probably won't succeed on his first try, but he should be able to get it with some trial and error.

[Tag: Pure Touch, Nag, Etc.]

[The RGFF]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    RGFF

Spastic, excitable, and with a spongy will. One must wonder if this pony they found is reliable enough to use. Oddly seems the type that would hunt them to the ends of Equestria with futility if they just rob and leave him.

That thing about the legion was rather interesting though. Razoreye turns to his Ranger companion. "You know why the town would suddenly declare war on them?"

After he gets an answer or some awkward time passes, he continues. "So what's keeping you from running at the first chance this time?" he asks of Pineapple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    RGFF

Eledwhen takes the grenade launcher that's bigger than she is and points it towards Lamianos. Is this a gun?
    The RGFF

Lamianos turns his head towards Razoreye, tapping his power armor "Well there's always this," he stomps his hoof down and lowers his head, his weapons priming and showing their full glory "As a safety precaution." He movs towards Razoreye, turning the both of them away from Blast and dropping to naught but a whisper "And it's not like I need her for long or as if she's playing a crucial role. 3-4 guns aimed her way are less guns at us, and if she kills things thats even less weaponry." turning back to Pineapple Blast he says "Why yes we are mobilizing right now," he turns to Eledwhen, recoiling for a second at the sight of the gun but remembering it's unloaded he merely says "Yes, yes it us a gun. But that's not your gun, that's Miss Blast's gun. Yours will be less.... Destructive. Hopefully."

If no one had any objections (Aside from Eledwhen, as Lamia had grown used to walking and answering any questions that pour from her mouth) Lamia would continue to lead the group towards the railroad tracks and then towards Ponyville.

[TAG MCerberus, Obliviom, DEB]
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    RGFF

That little move elicits a small grin from Razoreye. One way to inspire loyalty. Oh, and it's especially effective against the disposable. Moving on to tactics.

"Raiders are cowards, ones with very little real training. They require surprise, numbers, and sometimes chem highs and are still a joke to anypony that can aim straight. Brutally take a patrol out, then display it prominently. It should summon who we want to kill faster than just start the shooting in the town."

"Well, unless one of ya has a family history of betrayal, then there isn't much to worry abou-"

Lamianos has the right idea though, since Pineapple involuntarily cringes and halts her comment when he shows off his super-heavy guns.

In any case, presumably Eledwhen gives her the Grenade Launcher back at some point. If/when she does, Pineapple attaches it to her battle saddle and loads the clip with 25mm grenades from the saddlebag.

Also, she tries her hand commenting on tactics.

"Intimidate with overwhelming firepower, challenge for control, win. Sounds like the right way to cow raiders."

Presumably the group also begins moving on about now, since we've wasted a hilarious amount of time on this scene.

[Tag: Lamianos, Eledwhen, Razoreye]
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-13 at 07:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

A Day's southwest of Old Appleloosa: Morning 10:08 AM

Maul stares at the mare, almost baffled by the show of kindness, sheathing his knives he walks towards her and asks "Thank you for your kindness... Is- is there anywhere you were going? We're kind of lost...." he says, looking down at his hooves and mulling around with the dirt.

[TAG Benson]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Where Eagles Dare

Lucky smiles wistfully. "Doesn't quite work that way. A single pony popping up through the clouds won't really leave a gap - the clouds are malleable enough to where you can just sorta squeeze through, and then they squish back into place once you exit. And according to my dad, they're the most comfortable thing ever when it comes to taking a nap," he says with a silly smirk.

The pegasus looks back up at the clouds thoughtfully. "Yeah, I've been up there. Once. Long story involving a wing of pissed off Talons, a stupid decision to try flying up, and an unfortunately timed Enclave patrol. Thankfully, the griffins were either ballsy or stupid enough to follow me, so the Enclave bastards decided shooting them was more important than branding me a Dash-ite, tying my wings down, and kicking me off a cloud. Better them than me I suppose..." he shrugs his shoulders, keeping his expression neutral. "The sun was pretty, at least. Minus the whole 'Aaaaah, I'm blind!' thing."

12. - Top - End - #462

Above New Appleoosa

A tiny figure plummeted towards the ground, sparks trailing off his furiously-beating wings as he struggled against the weight of his power armor. He suddenly checked his wings, righted himself, and spread his wings in a powerful clout of the air. With that painful movement, he managed to slow his fall, starting to glide in circles like a hawk over a city rather far below.

"Woohoo! That was EPIC!"

The pegasus started laughing, causing his wings to snap out of control again. He plummeted farther, snapping his wings out to circle in a loop and slow again.

I'm so awesome, uh huh, yea-

The crazily looping pegasus slammed into a building and fell to the ground.

Hope nobody saw me.

"Where am I?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Maul stares at the mare, almost baffled by the show of kindness, sheathing his knives he walks towards her and asks "Thank you for your kindness... Is- is there anywhere you were going? We're kind of lost...." he says, looking down at his hooves and mulling around with the dirt.

"Oh...there's two of you....here you look like you could use some water too!" The mare floated over a bottle of water to Maul. "Actually, I was coming back down here to help Jo and Mo, one of my Brahmin who injured their leg and was bit by a snake. I had left to go get the medicine and a bigger wagon. I left them with some water bottles and food, I hope they're okay.."

Tough Stare glanced at Maul in a 'oooh boy' manner.

Where Eagles Dare

Lucky smiles wistfully. "Doesn't quite work that way. A single pony popping up through the clouds won't really leave a gap - the clouds are malleable enough to where you can just sorta squeeze through, and then they squish back into place once you exit. And according to my dad, they're the most comfortable thing ever when it comes to taking a nap," he says with a silly smirk.

The pegasus looks back up at the clouds thoughtfully. "Yeah, I've been up there. Once. Long story involving a wing of pissed off Talons, a stupid decision to try flying up, and an unfortunately timed Enclave patrol. Thankfully, the griffins were either ballsy or stupid enough to follow me, so the Enclave bastards decided shooting them was more important than branding me a Dash-ite, tying my wings down, and kicking me off a cloud. Better them than me I suppose..." he shrugs his shoulders, keeping his expression neutral. "The sun was pretty, at least. Minus the whole 'Aaaaah, I'm blind!' thing."

"Mmmm, I see, heh,"
    Gwendolyn didn't know how to add to that, she was just the listener right now to a story being a told.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Above New Appleoosa

A tiny figure plummeted towards the ground, sparks trailing off his furiously-beating wings as he struggled against the weight of his power armor. He suddenly checked his wings, righted himself, and spread his wings in a powerful clout of the air. With that painful movement, he managed to slow his fall, starting to glide in circles like a hawk over a city rather far below.

"Woohoo! That was EPIC!"

The pegasus started laughing, causing his wings to snap out of control again. He plummeted farther, snapping his wings out to circle in a loop and slow again.

I'm so awesome, uh huh, yea-

The crazily looping pegasus slammed into a building and fell to the ground.

Hope nobody saw me.

"Where am I?"
    He crashed into a train cart building. No one saw. Or did one?

"Hey mister, is you drunk or somethin'?" Came a high pitched question from a little filly who stood there, with big ol' round eyes watching in a mixture of awe and amusement.

14. - Top - End - #464

New Appleoosa

"Drunk? No way! Just escaping from the pegasi. Wait, you're an earth pony! What's your name? Mine's Stormy Skies, but you can just call me Sparky. It's faster to say."

As he spoke, little bits of static electricity buzzed through his wild mane. He was an odd sight, wearing full power armor that didn't fit him exactly right and carrying a long, deadly sword with practiced ease. Though in a gunfight he'd have to rely on the armor, his sword could rip trough the air quicker that a pony could shoot. His speech was fast and a bit erratic, but very precise. He was obviously not drunk, but he could be high.

Or just extremely hyper.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleoosa

"Drunk? No way! Just escaping from the pegasi. Wait, you're an earth pony! What's your name? Mine's Stormy Skies, but you can just call me Sparky. It's faster to say."

As he spoke, little bits of static electricity buzzed through his wild mane. He was an odd sight, wearing full power armor that didn't fit him exactly right and carrying a long, deadly sword with practiced ease. Though in a gunfight he'd have to rely on the armor, his sword could rip trough the air quicker that a pony could shoot. His speech was fast and a bit erratic, but very precise. He was obviously not drunk, but he could be high.

Or just extremely hyper.
    [Could you por favor post Stormy Skies profile in the profile archives?]

Somewhere in a corner of New Appleloosa

"Pegasi? There are more of you?" She opened her mouth a small 'o'. "I thought pegasi were rare....but lately we've been getting lots of them in town. I wonder if the grown ups lied.." She slid her hoof against the dirt and made a line.

"Well Mister Sparky, my name is Mags, I live with Mister Steel Creel, he takes care of me," She broadly smiled closing her eyes. The filly herself was a little tan filly with a dusty brown-black mane and tail.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-13 at 07:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Down on the ground, Flim and Flam stare in amazement at Bright Eyes weapon. They then both begin to ask lots of questions. "Where did you get it?" "How much did it cost?" "How old is it?" "Where did it come from?" "Can you modify it?" "What is the average power output?" "Can it fire underwater?"

This goes on for quite awhile...
    Bright Eyes was surprisingly good at keeping up with the questions, although there were some things that she wasn't sure about. "Ditzy sold it to me, I don't know the exact price since I traded goods for it, it's about a month old, it was made in Southwest Equestria, its head can be swapped with various other baton heads, each shot is about a sixth of a standard power crystal's charge, and firing it while it's submerged has a risk of making it explode..." She continued as quickly as they did, probably losing anyone trying to listen to them.

[Leaving Old Appaloosa]

"Well, I hope our paths cross again. I've got some things in mind for him. Specifically, tests to see what exactly my powers can apply to. If my calculations are correct, I'll have a new non-lethal way to deal with attackers." Night Jewel winked. "Enemies can give such good learning experiences."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

17. - Top - End - #467

[Leaving Old Appleloosa]

"You can learn from enemies, but you can also stop learning in a more permanent way; I wouldn't get veeery confident, no one's stealth is perfect, there's plenty ways to detect others, I have one, and he's a steel ranger so he has one of them too.....Or several; not saying it's impossible though!"

"I'm not thinking about crossing him again or not, but if I do, I would try to take chances on doing something and get Eledwhen back from him, I don't want him to corrupt her"

he just said while looking up front and continuing the walk, he looks at his Pipbuck's map
    "We shouldn't be very far away from the town now, we should start getting ready for tomorrow, we won't have as much firepower as we had before if we had it, so the plan's going to need to be a bit more subtle." he sighs, seeming like the "subtle" part bored him.

[Tag: MCerberus, Purity, Drowlord]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-13 at 07:00 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Flying. Woo.

Lucky smirks. "Next topic of discussion? Or do you care to share any experiences you may have had above the clouds?"

Meanwhile, on the ground.

Some time later on, after all the weird weapon discussion has wrapped up (seriously, I said we could skip that...), Flim and Flam cast a few furtive glances back and forth between each other, Lucky, Gwendolyn, and Bright Eyes.

Eventually, the left merchant looks back at Bright Eyes. "Pssst. We have a question," he whispers.

"Yeah," the right stallion whispers, glancing at her out of the corner of his eyes. "About Miss Gwendolyn."

"Is she the same griffin Mister Lucky told us about?"

"That he got in a fight with?"

"And managed to come out even?"

"Getting only a black eye, and some scratches?"

"Not many ponies can fight a griffin."

"Especially one as badass as her."

"So if that's the same griffin..."

"...and she joined his team..."

"...or was already on his team..."

"That's pretty awesome," they both whisper and nod in unison.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Flying. Woo.

Lucky smirks. "Next topic of discussion? Or do you care to share any experiences you may have had above the clouds?"

"No, not I, but my old companion Gunther, that reckless griffon I mentioned before, just enjoyed doing stuff like that."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"No, not I, but my old companion Gunther, that reckless griffon I mentioned before, just enjoyed doing stuff like that."
    Lucky chuckles. "How'd his forays into Enclave territory go? A lot better than mine, I hope. You got any stories of your own reckless stupidity you wanna share?"

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Lucky chuckles. "How'd his forays into Enclave territory go? A lot better than mine, I hope. You got any stories of your own reckless stupidity you wanna share?"

"Well, he wasn't killed, and I'll think I'll pass. I still have an image to recover afterall." She winked.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

[From New Appaloosa]

Bright Eyes laughed. "Well, I don't know if he's that good. After all, she did clonk him right out earlier. Of course, they were both kind of out of it at the time, so maybe when he can think straight, he can actually hold his own."

[To New Appaloosa]

"Oh, right. The kind who rely on technology. It makes it rather convenient that I can magically manipulate mechanisms, doesn't it?" Night Jewel grinned. "Besides, I was actually referring to what the alicorn did when it came to learning.

"I've always been one for subtlety. This time, I'll scout things out properly. Then, when the time comes, they'll fall before they even figure out what's going on."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Well, he wasn't killed, and I'll think I'll pass. I still have an image to recover afterall." She winked.
    Lucky grins. "Well that's good to hear. I was honestly afraid you might say 'he got himself killed chasing some dumbass Courier up into the clouds' or something along those lines," he says with a shake of his head. "And I think you're doing good on your image. Those merchants seem quite impressed. So, next topic of discussion? Any other inquiries for me, Miss Gwendolyn?"

He looks down at Bright Eyes and Flim-Flam. They're babbling about weaponry, from what he can hear. Yeah, he's not in the mood for another headache. The pegasus returns his attention to scanning the horizon.

Meanwhile, on the ground...

"Wait, what?" the left pony arches an eyebrow.

"She knocked him out earlier today?" the right pony stares.

"What do you mean by out of it?"

"He get hit in the head or something? We didn't ask about the bandages..."

"We were kinda scared to..."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-13 at 08:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474

Leaving OA

Elestre sighed. "I'll try to get some more combat spells, okay? I really... Hey, combat spells!"

He suddenly lit up, his eyes practically glowing.

"Although we still need to train together once and if I've healed, I believe, miss Jewel."

New Appleoosa

[Profile added.]

Sparky tilted his head. "Other pegasi? Down here? Did they have ugly thunderclouds as cutie marks? Also, do you know a place I could stay, maybe get some good food?"

He gave the filly five caps. Wow. This Pegasus was either really rich or just plain dumb. Possibly both.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-13 at 09:24 PM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [To New Appaloosa]

"Oh, right. The kind who rely on technology. It makes it rather convenient that I can magically manipulate mechanisms, doesn't it?" Night Jewel grinned. "Besides, I was actually referring to what the alicorn did when it came to learning.

"I've always been one for subtlety. This time, I'll scout things out properly. Then, when the time comes, they'll fall before they even figure out what's going on."
    "[Science] Well..... E.F.S. and pipbucks aren't exactly "mechanisms", and the former's capable of detecting things behind walls, but I don't know what do you exactly refer to a mechanism anyways, if it's about things with mechanical components, that should work against firearms and things that physically move, like doors; but I'm not sure about sensors, E.F.S., electronic devices and Energy weapons, those are a bit more static."He pointed out, guessing from how he knows that they work.

EDIT:
    Leaving OA

Elestre sighed. "I'll try to get some more combat spells, okay? I really... Hey, combat spells!"

"Although we still need to train together once and if I've healed, I believe, miss Jewel."
    "That would help, that way you could do something along the illusions"
    "Well, If you're scouting, I guess we would have to make a plan over here again, just to make sure of circumstances, but also, if we're just going to do something else.... What happened while I was in the warehouse? When I went outside there was nothing... Except Ebon...."

[Tag: Drowlord, Purity and MCerberus]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-13 at 08:42 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leaving OA

"You want somepony that can teach you spells, might want to see if you can find a follower,"
    Finder muses to Elestre's desire. "But not bleeding to death should be your main concern... and don't think too much about the missing pony. You'll lose sleep because there was an Alicorn there."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Lucky grins. "Well that's good to hear. I was honestly afraid you might say 'he got himself killed chasing some dumbass Courier up into the clouds' or something along those lines," he says with a shake of his head. "And I think you're doing good on your image. Those merchants seem quite impressed. So, next topic of discussion? Any other inquiries for me, Miss Gwendolyn?"

"Uh....I do not know...uhm....have a favorite color? Ehh...yea...ahem...I'm not good at this bit,"
    She slooped her shoulders for a moment before catching air again and letting herself float again.
    --------------------------

New Appleoosa

Sparky tilted his head. "Other pegasi? Down here? Did they have ugly thunderclouds as cutie marks? Also, do you know a place I could stay, maybe get some good food?"

He gave the filly five caps. Wow. This Pegasus was either really rich or just plain dumb. Possibly both.
    [thank you :)]

New Appleloosa

"I dunno...I didn't get a good look," The filly frowned and made another line in the dirt. She immediately perked up when this weirdo pegasus gave her five whole caps. Her little mouth made a suprised 'o' face. "Ooh, thank you...I know the place! You can have dinner with me Mister Steel Creel, I'm sure he don't mind. He' may look tough but a nice guy inside!"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-13 at 11:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Scouting in the Sky

"Blue," Lucky says with a cheerful smile. He tilts his head slightly towards Gwendolyn, and gives her a knowing look. "Miss Gwendolyn, you ain't gotta think of conversation like some sort of challenge or social minefield to carefully navigate. There's no special trick or fancy way to do it. Just talk about whatever you wanna talk about. Guns, friends, rivals, favorite color, favorite Ministry, last committed relationship, politics, religion, cooking..." he babbles, tilting his head from side to side. "Seriously, I'm not silently judging you for your conversation skills."

He flutters a bit closer to her, and begins to stare intently at her face. "Judging... judging... judging..."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Scouting in the Sky

"Blue," Lucky says with a cheerful smile. He tilts his head slightly towards Gwendolyn, and gives her a knowing look. "Miss Gwendolyn, you ain't gotta think of conversation like some sort of challenge or social minefield to carefully navigate. There's no special trick or fancy way to do it. Just talk about whatever you wanna talk about. Guns, friends, rivals, favorite color, favorite Ministry, last committed relationship, politics, religion, cooking..." he babbles, tilting his head from side to side. "Seriously, I'm not silently judging you for your conversation skills."

He flutters a bit closer to her, and begins to stare intently at her face. "Judging... judging... judging..."

She puffed her cheeks in embarrassed/flushed 'grrr' as he got up in her business, her Cap necklace lightly swinging. She flicked him in the forehead with a talon in further response.

"I like my .44 magnum, The Splitter, it does lovely work against raiders."
    She stated.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Caravan Time]

"Well, they both had been drinking too much, got up to some interesting fun, and ended up regretting it in the morning. Especially Lucky. If it weren't for me, he might have never woken up again!" Bright Eyes grinned. "It's days like this where my high alcohol tolerance is quite a favour to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "[Science] Well..... E.F.S. and pipbucks aren't exactly "mechanisms", and the former's capable of detecting things behind walls, but I don't know what do you exactly refer to a mechanism anyways, if it's about things with mechanical components, that should work against firearms and things that physically move, like doors; but I'm not sure about sensors, E.F.S., electronic devices and Energy weapons, those are a bit more static."He pointed out, guessing from how he knows that they work.
    "With electricity, something has to generate it, and there is often something to conduct it as well. There's always some kind of link or vulnerable spot. You just have to look at it carefully enough."

Night Jewel laughed and shook her head. "Well, I don't do outright harmful spells... Yet. My magic is mostly just manipulating things. Thus, the tricks I use are not so much about power as how it's used. Deception and disabling can be more dangerous than a fireball if used properly. Thus, if you want to master my kind of magic, power doesn't matter as much as cleverness."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-14 at 03:02 AM.