New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

In the skies

Lucky chuckles as Gwendolyn flicks him away. "C'mon, you know I'm just playin' around..." he says cheerfully. For a moment, his eyes note the swinging necklace. He briefly thinks to ask about it - and promptly realizes that such questions are likely not the sort he should ask. Likely ever. Especially considering how much he already shattered her trust and respect.

The pegasus quickly averts his gaze, and looks out over the horizon. "Heh, nice. You're lucky to have those claws, y'know? I can't use pistols. My teeth, nice as they are, are weak and sensitive. Can't handle the kick on anything that's actually useful. A .44 would likely knock anything that ain't a molar right outta my mouth, maybe even dislocate my jaw," he says with a slight frown. "That's okay, though. I'm more partial to rifles myself. Especially those crazy anti-materiel rifles. Y'know, the 50 cal sort. Used to have one, actually..."

Lucky looks back at Gwendolyn, and smiles cheerfully, a certain glee in his eyes. "Ever fired one of those babies?"

On the ground below

Flim and Flam exchange glances between themselves and Bright Eyes.

"So, they got drunk last night?" the left merchant inquires warily.

"And then started a bar fight? With each other?!" the right stallion asks incredulously.

"Wow," the left stallion shakes his head. "So he took her on, one-on-one, while sloshed."

"That's crazy..."

"I bet she didn't hold back, either. Drunk fights are usually pretty brutal."

"And all he got was a black eye! And some scratches!"

"She'd have broken us in half if we tried that..."

"As long as they don't get drunk," the right merchant looks up at the two winged bodyguards, "I'd say we're in pretty capable hooves and talons..."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-14 at 03:13 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leaving OA

"As far as what we did, us two got sniped at while we were invisible, Ebon burned down a lot of the city, he put some ponies, possibly slaves, out of their misery by using their life-force to heal himself, and I went to try to help Eledwhen and got shot up. Anything I missed?

"As far as the spells, I wasn't suggesting that your spells weren't much better. I know they are. It's that when we get to fighting that beast, I don't want to be useless."

New Appleoosa

The young pegasus beckoned the filly onto his back. "Here. You can ride on me and tell me which way I go. I'm actually a pretty good flier; just showing off up there. If you want a ride there, that is."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-14 at 03:39 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #483

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "With electricity, something has to generate it, and there is often something to conduct it as well. There's always some kind of link or vulnerable spot. You just have to look at it carefully enough."
    "Sparkle generators, batteries.... Sometimes they're just plugged in and then closed off with something, I guess what you could mostly do is disconnect them, I don't thing other parts are very much mechanism, they're mostly static and all they do is conduct electricity or magic; I guess there could be troublewhen going against passwords and terminals then, possibly against pipbucks too, "mechanisms" aren't all tech and crafted things, you know...." He says, still thinking on how those things work

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Leaving OA

"As far as what we did, us two got sniped at while we were invisible, Ebon burned down a lot of the city, he put the slaves out of their misery by using their life-force to heal himself, and I went to try to help Eledwhen and got shot up. Anything I missed?

"As far as the spells, I wasn't suggesting that your spells weren't much better. I know they are. It's that when we get to fighting that beast, I don't want to be useless."
    He just becomes somewhat pissed off
    "Wait what? Put them out of their misery??! What the....!! They could have been healed, we were supposed to be getting them out of there!!"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-14 at 11:33 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

"That's an awfully pessimistic position to take, mister Rusty," Heimdalr comments with a quirked brow. "I would expect ponies to be dancing around in joy if they got to see the sun for themselves. It's... a beautiful sight. Not that you can really look right at it without seeing spots."

Sounds like that comes from personal experience.

"Rain sickness? Heh. Don't you worry yourself about me. It takes more than a little damp to get me down."

A fire would be nice...

But the light would be pretty conspicuous. Too bad about that.

[Unity Outpost]

Pure Touch doesn't seem to be keen on arguing. But the old nag seems quite keen on chewing him out. That leaves the little unicorn filly all alone again.

Ebon begins to experiment with the teleportation spell! The pony teleports part of his mane several centimeters up, causing it to stand on end before dropping flat again.

Exciting!

The unicorn filly hesitantly pokes at Ebon with a hoof.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Doomed Caravan]

"Nah, she only clobbered him senseless while hung over." Bright Eyes laughed. "While drunk, it sounded like they were doing more fun things. Then when they woke up, Gwen was furious, so she smacked him with her gun! I had to talk her out of killing him completely."

[The Not-Doomed Not-Caravan]

"Well, you've got to learn about sneaky applications of magic, then." Night Jewel winked. It wasn't clear if she was talking to Luka or Elestre with that sentence. "As long as you can figure out how to use it, even relatively simple magic can do just about anything.

"As for what I managed, I got a paranoid monstrosity to shoot his own associate in the rear, and I could have saved Eledwhen if she hadn't been a complete idiot. Should I really have given her a choice about whether to come with me or not?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #486

[The Not-Doomed Not-Caravan]

"Well, you've got to learn about sneaky applications of magic, then." Night Jewel winked. It wasn't clear if she was talking to Luka or Elestre with that sentence. "As long as you can figure out how to use it, even relatively simple magic can do just about anything.

"As for what I managed, I got a paranoid monstrosity to shoot his own associate in the rear, and I could have saved Eledwhen if she hadn't been a complete idiot. Should I really have given her a choice about whether to come with me or not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    He just becomes somewhat pissed off
    "Wait what? Put them out of their misery??! What the....!! They could have been healed, we were supposed to be getting them out of there!!"
    "You don't think I tried to tell him that? I couldn't help him doing it, as my healing magic is very weak."

He sighed deeply as he turned to Night Jewel. "No, and no. I'm just going to go to sleep right now. Try to refrain from destroying everything in my rage. Or just going into a miserable coma."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-14 at 01:27 PM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Firbolg in the Playground

Left OA

"Sometimes the best thing to use magic on is yourself,"
    Finder adds to the magic discussion. "You're decent with a gun or anything, lots of alterations and such. Used my focus spell to drop three with as many bullets."

It's almost like the unicorns are offering various options to the colt to specialize his character development.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

A Days southwest of Old Appleloosa- Morning 10:09 AM

Maul gives the same look back at Tough Stomp, his eyes twitching a bit as he takes a drink of the water "Th-thank you...." he plays with the dirt a bit before continuing "Yeah... about your Brahmin... I think we found Jo and Mo.... they... they died...."

[TAG Benson]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #489

[Leaving OA]

"I could have helped...I have some medical skill, but I was tied up..."He replies to Elestre, a slight tone of guilt would be noticeable

"I can't use magic and my main skills are to use weapons, armor, to keep them, medicine and a bit of science, but I don't know how that would help at rescuing the slaves now.... At least not everyone died for nothing" He pulls out the gun he got from Shadow's body and starts inspecting it, described as:
    Spoiler
    Show

An onyx black Colt Revolver, chambered to fire .45 rounds, with silver filigree and Old Equestrian engravings along the barrel - mottos and oaths of the Legion, most likely. It's clearly a custom model, as a red laser sight has been built in beneath the barrel to improve aiming, and the handle/bit has been modified to fit more comfortably and smoothly in a pony's mouth. At the bottom of the handle the title "Lux Nocturna" is engraving in flowing silver script; it is Old Equestrian for "Light of Night."

"Revolvers aren't exactly my expertise like semi-automatic pistols and long weapons, but it's still pretty cool"

---------------------------------------------------------

[Near the Unity's outpost]

A group of 3 Steel rangers may be patrolling nearby, either looking for tech or something, the alicorns may have a bit of trouble spotting them, possibly from the wasteland stuff around the place, 2 of them seem to be stallions, one carrying a Railgun and the other dual miniguns, the other one a mare, carrying what would be a marksman' carbine; for the moment they just seem to be chatting and having not spotted the alicorns all around the place.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-14 at 04:58 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490

Leaving OA

"If nobody else particularly wants it, I'd have it. It... Fits me."

To Finder he gave a wan smile. "I'd love to learn spells from both you and miss Jewel, and, if you want, I'll show you my invisibility and illusions as well."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Exciting indeed! Trial and error testing is the best kind!

The poke causes Ebon to stiffen slightly, before looking down at the foal, and beginning to speak in an uncharacteristically friendly tone.

"Hello. I am Ebon Flame. What's your name?"

12. - Top - End - #492

[Unity Outpost]

"Fantasia," the little filly replies with a small sniff. Her coat is a dark mulberry and her mane cotton-candy pink. The poor thing doesn't even have her cutie mark yet.

For a moment or two she just stands there, her body quivering in fear. It's obvious enough that she's trying to be brave. That she's trying to be a big pony.

But...

That's just beyond her right now.

Her resolve crumbles and she wraps her hooves around Ebon's leg and begins to cry.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-14 at 04:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    In the skies
    Spoiler
    Show

Lucky chuckles as Gwendolyn flicks him away. "C'mon, you know I'm just playin' around..." he says cheerfully. For a moment, his eyes note the swinging necklace. He briefly thinks to ask about it - and promptly realizes that such questions are likely not the sort he should ask. Likely ever. Especially considering how much he already shattered her trust and respect.

The pegasus quickly averts his gaze, and looks out over the horizon. "Heh, nice. You're lucky to have those claws, y'know? I can't use pistols. My teeth, nice as they are, are weak and sensitive. Can't handle the kick on anything that's actually useful. A .44 would likely knock anything that ain't a molar right outta my mouth, maybe even dislocate my jaw," he says with a slight frown. "That's okay, though. I'm more partial to rifles myself. Especially those crazy anti-materiel rifles. Y'know, the 50 cal sort. Used to have one, actually..."

Lucky looks back at Gwendolyn, and smiles cheerfully, a certain glee in his eyes. "Ever fired one of those babies?"

"I cannot say I have Mister Lucky, you will have to treat a girl one day to such a thing,"
    She said..........stoically, on purpose.

New Appleoosa

The young pegasus beckoned the filly onto his back. "Here. You can ride on me and tell me which way I go. I'm actually a pretty good flier; just showing off up there. If you want a ride there, that is."
    "Mmm....I dunno....flying...feels scary to me....I like...having my hooves on the ground...feels more sturdy," Mags said as she drew another line on the dirt with her hoof. Upon looking it was just a simple smiley face she was making. Anyways. "And...would it be safe...for me on your back?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

Maul gives the same look back at Tough Stomp, his eyes twitching a bit as he takes a drink of the water "Th-thank you...." he plays with the dirt a bit before continuing "Yeah... about your Brahmin... I think we found Jo and Mo.... they... they died...."

[TAG Benson]

The mare frowned and looked like she was about to tear. "Really?...Oh dear....I was too late......I just hope they passed away with dignity..." She sniffled and wiped at her eyes. She wanly smiled though she did not look directly at the pair. "I'm sorry...this is not the best place to mourn heh..sorry...a-anyways...so....what are you two doing out here if you don't mind my asking?" Obviously she was trying to change the subject.

14. - Top - End - #494

New Appleoosa

"If you don't want to, okie dokie, then. Lead the way, Mags."

The colt flaps his wings and rises easily into the air slightly above the filly. He sheathes his sword in its case and gets ready to fly.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

15. - Top - End - #495

Leaving OA

"If nobody else particularly wants it, I'd have it. It... Fits me."

To Finder he gave a wan smile. "I'd love to learn spells from both you and miss Jewel, and, if you want, I'll show you my invisibility and illusions as well."
    He looks at Elestre, then at the gun, then at the limp body of poor Shadow he's carrying
    "... Well, it does and you kind of got along with her, so I guess you could have it later, right now it would be better that I had something to defend myself, and when you're ok, I could teach you a bit to use it"

He says, then looks up front
    "Hey! There's the town, we could go faster and try to get Elestre to Sawbones, or wherever he could get healed....I think I may take a while outside"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

The unicorn's first reaction to the Surprise hug is surprise, but he soon wraps her in a caring embrace like his own father had done when he was himself a helpless and distraught foal.

Of course, Fantasia is no doubt several orders of magnitude beyond "distraught," but the regular cooldown hug is about the extent of Ebon's ability. It will have to do.

The sorcerous pony himself allows some tears to run down his face; A memory of his family, even a happy one like that of his father's hugs, brings forth the myriad images burned into his mind, the ones that he never truly wants to see. In many ways, Ebon is no less a foal trying to be brave than the literal one in his hooves.

"Let it all out, Fantasia. Everything will be okay, in the end..."

He doesn't sound as sincere as he'd hoped to, his voice becoming slightly nasal as his own tears flow.

17. - Top - End - #497

[Unity Outpost]

Fantasia lets it all out.

Though her blubbering she begins to babble about her parents being taken by the alicorns. About how her parents had hidden her away with some supplies and told her to stay put. About how she was huddled and cold and hungry in that hole all by herself.

And about how the alicorns returned a little less than a week later to take her as well.

"A-and Granny said the monsters knew where I was because they forced mommy and daddy to tell them!"
    the filly sobs.

Geeze. That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Could have at least given the filly some hope.

Maybe... maybe Ebon can do that for her?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[On the road/in the air towards Manehatten (Gonna be a long Trip)]

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I cannot say I have Mister Lucky, you will have to treat a girl one day to such a thing,"
    She said..........stoically, on purpose.
    Lucky smirks. Stoic. Right. "Tell ya what, Miss Gwendolyn. If I get my hooves on another, I'll let you take her for a whirl. Just stop hittin' me in the face, please? Or hitting me in general..." he shakes his head, grinning wryly.

[The Doomed Caravan]

"Nah, she only clobbered him senseless while hung over." Bright Eyes laughed. "While drunk, it sounded like they were doing more fun things. Then when they woke up, Gwen was furious, so she smacked him with her gun! I had to talk her out of killing him completely."
    The two merchants stop, and both turn to stare at Bright Eyes. The gears in their head are finally turning, and the pieces are falling into place.

"So, wait..." the left unicorn tilts his head.

"What you're saying is..." the right unicorn's eyes widen slightly.

A small pause.

And then in unison they both incredulously scream: "HE SEDUCED HER!?!?"

Up in the sky, their loud inquiry is easily heard. Lucky goes rigid, his eyes go wide, and his pupils shrink. Well, that's totally not going to make things worse. "Durn it Bright Eyes..."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-14 at 08:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499

[Near the Unity's outpost]

"-And then he started saying the initite was wasting supplies, like if the other ones didn't..."
    "Don't blame him, he's just a new trainer, and he's been all about saving muniti-"
    "Heads up...!"
    Says one of the group, putting a hoof on front of the other 2 to stop them; he trots up front, maintaining a low profile, then comes back
    "There's a building up front, Hippocampus one...But it seems it's not so abandoned" He starts looking around for some concealed overlook spot, once he finds one (preferably a hill) He whipers "Follow me" and trots over there, he tries to get a good look of the outpost

[Tag: Rebonack]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-14 at 08:47 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500

[Near the Unity Outpost]

Not so abandoned indeed! The place appears to be crawling with alicorns. Not just one or two, either. From their position the Rangers should be able to spot at least half a dozen of the monsters either flying above the compound or patrolling the walls that surround it. Two of the monsters appear to be maintaining one of those gestalt force-shields across the gate entrance.

And those things are absurdly durable. Busting through them is nearly impossible without taking out the alicorns keeping the shields active.

The Rangers should also be able to see a fair number of ponies inside a cyclone fence. No doubt prisoners that are going to be carted off to Maripony.

Even more importantly?

There's probably valuable Ministry of Technology property in that building. And no self-respecting Ranger would allow those demons to defile it!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Ebon listens intently, not allowing himself to zone out or do anything of the sort, simply maintaining that comforting embrace. After she finishes, he looks both ways to make sure that there aren't any Alicorns looking, nor anyone paying too much attention to them. Assuming he's not being directly observed, he looks right back at the filly, his eyes serious but a thin smile upon his face.

"We're going to get out of this place. Together. Don't give up yet."

22. - Top - End - #502

[Unity Outpost]

The little filly sniffles. "But how...? There are monsters everywhere..."

This is very true!

At least six alicorns are lurking about, all greens and purples.

Just running couldn't possibly work. Unless Ebon figures out how to teleport over long distances how does he plan to escape?

Or..

Maybe he's just trying to give the filly some hope.

That would be a nice thing to do.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Headin' To Town]

"I don't need a gun. I've got my own techniques." Night Jewel flicked her tail casually. "Besides, I prefer not to kill."

She smiled when she saw the town. "Ah, good. Here we are at last. Once you've recovered, Elestre, I look forward to seeing what you're capable of."

The two merchants stop, and both turn to stare at Bright Eyes. The gears in their head are finally turning, and the pieces are falling into place.

A small pause.

"Well, not exactly. I wouldn't say it was seduction on either one's part. More like an accident."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Near the Unity Outpost]

Not so abandoned indeed! The place appears to be crawling with alicorns. Not just one or two, either. From their position the Rangers should be able to spot at least half a dozen of the monsters either flying above the compound or patrolling the walls that surround it. Two of the monsters appear to be maintaining one of those gestalt force-shields across the gate entrance.

And those things are absurdly durable. Busting through them is nearly impossible without taking out the alicorns keeping the shields active.

The Rangers should also be able to see a fair number of ponies inside a cyclone fence. No doubt prisoners that are going to be carted off to Maripony.

Even more importantly?

There's probably valuable Ministry of Technology property in that building. And no self-respecting Ranger would allow those demons to defile it!
    Well, of course they're actually set on the building for technology, but Ray, being of a certain kind of Ranger, is also in it for the prisoners, I mean, is that one a foal??

"Seems pretty tough, whole place's crawling with them, some flying, some on the ground"
    "Too hard, we're going to need a plan"

The seemily-high ranking ranger just stays silent for a while, then responds
    "Too dangerous for a direct fight, we're going to need to spread them and take sniper attacks at them; Burnshine, go over there and stay in cover, but get ready just in case, Blaster, you go with her, I'll try to get one of those greens and open the way, we better get them out of sight" He says, the 2 other nod and trot around the outpost while keeping a low profile, possibly getting to a bunch of wreckage at the other side of the building and taking cover with it. When they're there, Ray starts scanning at the greens, trying to figure out his chances at getting one of them.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-14 at 10:42 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Only Greens and Purples? Using my evil OOC knowledge, that means there are probably some invisible blues hanging around too.

Also, it's a bit rude to imply that Ebon's making things up! He's quite serious! Just because he doesn't have a specific plan to escape doesn't mean it's impossible!

"You'll see, trust me. For now, relax and bide your time."

With that, he smiles and backs up a bit, trying to put on the appearance of having just performed a more conventional child-comforting routine.

"So, tell me: Where are you from, Fantasia?"

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleoosa

"If you don't want to, okie dokie, then. Lead the way, Mags."

The colt flaps his wings and rises easily into the air slightly above the filly. He sheathes his sword in its case and gets ready to fly.
    And so the pair moved through town, eventually they came upon a single old rusty red train cart with no wheels. The filly wiped her hooves on a welcome mat made with cardboard. "You wipe your hooves too mister." She said, even if though he had been flying. She slid open the door with her teeth using a tough cord to hold onto as she pulled with her foalish strength.

"Hey..Mister Steel Creel, I'm home and I brought a guest....he's a pegasus!" Mags announced happily.

Inside was an dusty peach coated earth pony stallion with a dusty brown mane and tail. He had an eye patch over one eye and wore a eggshell white bandana on his head. He was sitting at a rusty table drinking some Sparkle Cola and smoking a cigarette. He glanced over.

"A pegasus? Oh wow....come in come in, any friend of Mags is a friend of mine," He smiled. The inside of the place was small, one could see the bunk beds on the other side of the train car.

[On the road/in the air towards Manehatten (Gonna be a long Trip)]

Lucky smirks. Stoic. Right. "Tell ya what, Miss Gwendolyn. If I get my hooves on another, I'll let you take her for a whirl. Just stop hittin' me in the face, please? Or hitting me in general..." he shakes his head, grinning wryly.

A small pause.

Up in the sky, their loud inquiry is easily heard. Lucky goes rigid, his eyes go wide, and his pupils shrink. Well, that's totally not going to make things worse. "Durn it Bright Eyes..."

Gwendolyn shot a glower at all three down there and then at Lucky and then back at the three below.

"If anything I SEDUCED HIM!"
    The words, they just came out, she wasn't thinking about it.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-14 at 11:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

On the road

Lucky blushes furiously, unable to help but stare at the indignant griffin and her outburst.

Down the ground, the two merchants recoil slightly, and then turn to stare at each other.

"Woooooow," the one on the left quietly muses.

"Talk about lucky," the right unicorn nods.

"Well it is his name, after all," the left one responds with a nod of his own.

A short moment of awkward silence.

"Flim, when we're rich, we totally need to hire seductive griffin bodyguards."

"Agreed, Flam. Agreed..."

And with that, they resume their trotting.

Back in the sky, Lucky is still rather flabbergasted. "Uh..." he croaks awkwardly, before quickly averting his gaze, lest she rip his eyes out. "Sure, I suppose we can go with that..."

28. - Top - End - #508

[Unity Outpost]

...there might not be some blues lurking around!

You don't know!

*ahem*

"From Friendship City..." the filly mutters. Which... is odd. The island town is pretty self-sufficient for the most part. At least as far as places in the Wasteland go. Travelers from there are somewhat uncommon. maybe her parents were merchants and they got caught out in the open?

Dealing with bandits and raiders is one thing. But getting blind-sided by a trio of alicorns is more than your average Wastelander can handle.

And speaking of alicorns! One of the purple pseudo-goddesses up on the wall keeps glancing down at the prisoners.

Meanwhile!

The pair of greens are both behind their protective shield. It would be possible to lob a projectile in a ballistic arc down on their heads, but that would be a pretty tricky shot. The scouting Rangers will find a patch of wall that looks particularly degraded. A few well placed explosives would likely bring it down.

There are four alicorns up on the walls, one on each side. And two at the gate. Should the Rangers get any closer they'll find that their EFS informs them that there's another alicorn (or at least an enemy of some kind) inside the power station proper.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

On the road
    -snip-
    Back in the sky, Lucky is still rather flabbergasted. "Uh..." he croaks awkwardly, before quickly averting his gaze, lest she rip his eyes out. "Sure, I suppose we can go with that..."
    Gwendolyn clamped her beak shut, a pinkness rising from underneath her feathers over her cheeks. She stared ahead in disbelief of what came out of her mouth moments ago.

"Let's us ignore that this transpired. Actually, it never happened, got it? Yes, alright, we continue forward, that is all."
    She let out a deep breath and faced forward.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Meanwhile!

The pair of greens are both behind their protective shield. It would be possible to lob a projectile in a ballistic arc down on their heads, but that would be a pretty tricky shot. The scouting Rangers will find a patch of wall that looks particularly degraded. A few well placed explosives would likely bring it down.

There are four alicorns up on the walls, one on each side. And two at the gate. Should the Rangers get any closer they'll find that their EFS informs them that there's another alicorn (or at least an enemy of some kind) inside the power station proper.
    Ray tries to calculate his shot.... But it's way too risky, would also call their attention, I mean, it's a railgun. They notice the patch on the wall, possibly an alternate entrance if there's no other choice....
    Ray quits aiming and trots towards his comrades, trying to melt and take as much concealment as possible, and when he gets there, he just mentions
    "A tricky shot, would rely too much on chance and call their attention, too risky"
    "Seems that spot over there in the wall would be our entrance"
    "Wouldn't we risk destroying tech?"
    "Not exactly, Blaster, you got those "emergency" explosives with you?"
    The other ranged pulls out two C4 explosives as response
    "Good, We're going to need to distract them, there's some of them guarding above the walls, one on each side, what I'm going to do is get some distance over the other side and try to shoot one of them down, hit and run tactics, after I do, You two blow up that wall and run too, they'll most likely come back, so you got to do it fast so we can take them form a distance; Blaster, you're the plan B, if one of them gets too close, pop some smoke and open fire, Understood?" Both of them nod.
    "Alright, good luck" he says before trotting and giving another wide berth around the building, then taking position on the other side of the building's wall and starts preparing the railgun.
    Meanwhile the other two notice the E.F.S. dot, they think it's another alicorn
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-15 at 12:29 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show