New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Obligatory Bandit Attack]

Bright Eyes lowered the baton. "You know, you could have done that without the murder attempt." She shook her head. "Look, we'll be reasonable. Why don't you tell me why you're assaulting travellers for their possessions?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

New Appleoosa- Steel Creel's House

The pegasus inwardly facepalmed. "It's okay. They just don't see any reason to help us down here. But I've got a story to tell you. One that I hope I'll make you feel better.

"At the end of the war, the pegasus capital, Cloudsdale, lay in ruins. The pegasi had no reason to go down from the clouds again, they were rightly afraid to. Their leaders tried to turn them into a self-sustaining nation in the clouds, which they did. But a ministry pegasus named Rainbow Dash didn't accept the isolation; she went to the ground and tried to help the surviving ponies live. Dozens of pegasi have followed her, they're branded as traitors and called Dash-ites. But they help, and, if we ever get the support of our government, we might yet save the world."

He showed them his flank; his lightning bolt cutie mark had an ugly thundercloud brand somewhat above it, like somepony had tried to brand his lightning bolt out but missed.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    New Appleoosa- Steel Creel's House

The pegasus inwardly facepalmed. "It's okay. They just don't see any reason to help us down here. But I've got a story to tell you. One that I hope I'll make you feel better.

"At the end of the war, the pegasus capital, Cloudsdale, lay in ruins. The pegasi had no reason to go down from the clouds again, they were rightly afraid to. Their leaders tried to turn them into a self-sustaining nation in the clouds, which they did. But a ministry pegasus named Rainbow Dash didn't accept the isolation; she went to the ground and tried to help the surviving ponies live. Dozens of pegasi have followed her, they're branded as traitors and called Dash-ites. But they help, and, if we ever get the support of our government, we might yet save the world."

He showed them his flank; his lightning bolt cutie mark had an ugly thundercloud brand somewhat above it, like somepony had tried to brand his lightning bolt out but missed.
    Both Steel Creel and Mags got all misty eyed and threw their forelegs on and over the pegasus. "Ooooh that's such a great story bro...if only there were more like you Dash-ites." Steel Creel hammily emoted over Stormy Skies along with Mags who followed cue.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-15 at 08:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

Well, even if he didn't hear the railgun, he'd certainly react to one of the Alicorns being turned into chunky salsa.

In any case, Fantasia is quickly drawn close as she buries her face in his coat, even as Ebon hears Anome's words and quickly tries to come up with something, looking around.

However, even that is cut short when everypony nearby is subjected to what amounts to a psychic assault. The sorcerer is visibly startled and thrown off balance by the shout, but manages to keep his wits about him enough not to simply cower or do anything stupid. For the moment, he stands straight and resolute, not wanting to take away what's left of Fantasia's hope by showing fear now.

Still, he observes his environment and tries to come up with something. Who knows? Maybe there's a psychic kill switch or something. Or a teleporter. I dunno.

In the meantime, he takes a moment to shield both himself and Fantasia, just in case a stray shot comes by them.

RGFF- Outskirts of Ponyville

Pineapple Blast, loading some grenades into her launcher, simply says:

"Aye, Cap'n."

She's sure to follow him whenever he actually initiates travel, and keeps diligent watch for potential threats.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

"Hm...maybe it's a species thing...can only hold on kind of magic."
    Rusty would be taking a note on that, if he cared.
    But biology still isn't his thing, so it's just something vaguely interesting.

Hopefully Heim won't mind the amused smile on his companion's face.
    He's trying to not laugh, at least.
    "At least you got to give those wings a proper trial, I bet.
    Maybe you should have tried just touching the clouds first, eh?"

[Caravans and Bandits]

The group of earth ponies eye Gwen and Bright warily, beginning to move closer.

The mare frowns a bit at Bright.
    "What are you, stupid? It's good money. Now lay down your weapon, or you'll get to learn how your pegasus friend feels."
    She's blunt and gruff, clearly knowing what she wants and expecting Bright to obey.

The twitchy looks in her companions is easy enough warning that the death threat will be exercised at a moment's notice.

Meanwhile, a few moments after that occurs, Gwen may yet notice the sniper's location.

After they figure the others have had time to properly draw attention, Pastel Green lifts himself and the rifle back up, immediately seeking to retrain it on the griffon.

Pale Blue, meanwhile, will be glancing down towards the others.

"Kill her once you have a shot, we may have something interesting below."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Banditry]

"Well, I never!" Bright Eyes dropped the baton and gave the robber a quizzical look. "No call to be rude, especially to a fellow fortune seeker. I could help you get greater riches than you can get by such business as your own. Do you want to see some of the things I've got from my adventures?"

7. - Top - End - #547

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Both Steel Creel and Mags got all misty eyed and threw their forelegs on and over the pegasus. "Ooooh that's such a great story bro...if only there were more like you Dash-ites." Steel Creel hammily emoted over Stormy Skies along with Mags who followed cue.
    The pegasus laughed again. "Just seeing you two happy is showing the moral of this story: no pony, no matter how grim the world may seem, is truly without goodness. When we show kindness, when we are loyal, when we are generous and kind and have joy in our hearts, then our magic can wash away the world's darkness and danger. Then we can have beauty and splendor and plenty once more. Truly, I believe that if we have enough joy, enough laughter, we can laugh away the troubles of a barren world. It doesn't matter who you are: ex-Enclave, Steel Raider, griffon; we can make this world brighter."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bein' Robbed

Lucky's right wing gives a soft twitch. More of a muscle spasm than him waking up, though. Blood is starting to pool beneath his head.

Flim and Flam exchange glances, before sighing in unison. The two merchants slowly stand up from behind their boulder, hooves raised. "Alright, alright..." Flim says with a nervous smile.

"We surrender. No need for violence."

"Maybe we can work out a deal?"

"Take everything, let us go?"

"We're not worth the bullets."

"Or the calories."

"Indeed, swinging a knife is an expenditure of energy!"

"So, really, why bother with anything more than the robbery?"

"Besides, if you let us go now, we have to pass through her again for our next shipment, right?"

"Flim. Shut up."

"Yeah, good idea..."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-15 at 08:38 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #549

[Unity Outpost]

And then explosions.

The explosion is much easier to hear than the railgun. The railgun was loud, yes. Not as loud as a similar caliber weapon using gunpowder would be. But loud none the less. The explosion, though?

Can't miss that.

One of the Green alicorns is pulverized by flying shrapnel when the bomb goes off. That's two down and five to go. Two Greens move to flank Mesmer while the remaining two Purples position themselves above the grounded Steel Rangers and being lashing out at them with lightning bolts. Best avoid getting blasted by those. Wouldn't be healthy.

The two Greens flanking Mesmer lock themselves into a trance, creating a arcane gestalt with the alicorn. Whatever she's getting ready to do probably isn't very nice and it would be wise to stop her. At the moment her attention is turned away from the prisoners as she reaches out with her mind toward the Steel Rangers.

Fantasia is cowering. And crying. Poor thing.

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

"That's what I always figured, anyway. Like you said, a pegasus and a unicorn don't get alicorn foals. They only get one kind of magic and that's it. I'm certainly not complaining about the unicorn magic. It comes in plenty useful. But being able to use wings without straining my horn would be pretty nice."

A griffon without wings is hardly a griffon at all!

"'course that would mean no horn. But, y'know. Sacrifices and all."

The hippogriff peers at the earth pony. "So... isn't earth pony magic for... like... tending to animals and plants and things like that? Seems like it would be kind of wasted out here in the bleak."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Caravans and Bandits]

The group of earth ponies eye Gwen and Bright warily, beginning to move closer. The mare frowns a bit at Bright. "What are you, stupid? It's good money. Now lay down your weapon, or you'll get to learn how your pegasus friend feels."
    She's blunt and gruff, clearly knowing what she wants and expecting Bright to obey. The twitchy looks in her companions is easy enough warning that the death threat will be exercised at a moment's notice.

Meanwhile, a few moments after that occurs, Gwen may yet notice the sniper's location. After they figure the others have had time to properly draw attention, Pastel Green lifts himself and the rifle back up, immediately seeking to retrain it on the griffon.

Pale Blue, meanwhile, will be glancing down towards the others "Kill her once you have a shot, we may have something interesting below."
    Second Part

Bingo. Her sharp eyes narrowed as she calculated the distance and trajectory where the sniper was, her talons still up. Her tail then jerked and flicked flipping her own sniper rifle hanging on her back by the strap into her talons. Her unorthodox action likely taking the bandits by surprise who probably weren't expecting that stunt to be pulled off that way.

And in a swift motion and without needing to look in the scope, she pulled the trigger and sent a bullet on the express train towards their sniper. Her rifle now pointed at the mare with the gun.

"You should probably take up the offer to check out her trinkets she got on her adventures. Its the only thing now keeping me from killing you right now, because she seems rather excited to show you, you wouldn't want to disappoint her."
    Her practiced voice of a cold and leveled relentless killer rang from her beak, her eyes with a heartlessness much practiced as well in her lifetime. Intimidation.

"Flim, Flam, attend to the pegasus."

The pegasus laughed again. "Just seeing you two happy is showing the moral of this story: no pony, no matter how grim the world may seem, is truly without goodness. When we show kindness, when we are loyal, when we are generous and kind and have joy in our hearts, then our magic can wash away the world's darkness and danger. Then we can have beauty and splendor and plenty once more. Truly, I believe that if we have enough joy, enough laughter, we can laugh away the troubles of a barren world. It doesn't matter who you are: ex-Enclave, Steel Raider, griffon; we can make this world brighter."
    "You can totally sleep on the top bunk if you want," Steel Creel wiped his misty eye that seemed to sparkle in a cartoony manner, or maybe it was the lighting.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-15 at 08:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551

[Right outside New Appleloosa]

The OA group would arrive at afternoon, not taking that much since the last point.

"I'm going to be out here for a while, maybe I could meet you in there..." Says the stable dweller to the group, standing outside of the entrance into the town

[Tag: Purity, MCerberus, Drowlord]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

And the Tables Turn

And then Gwendolyn goes Full Metal Badass.

Flim and Flam stand dumbstruck, hooves still raised.

"Did she just...?" Flim gapes.

"Yes... yes she did..." Flam mutters, staring incredulously.

"Should we-"

"Just do as the badass griffin says, Flim..."

Both stallions slowly drop to all fours, and begin to cautiously slink towards the fallen pegasus.

13. - Top - End - #553

New Appleoosa- Entrance

Elestre coughed weakly and used his levitation magic to aid Finder's. "Might want to get to... *wheeze* ...Sawbones quickly."

New Appleoosa- Steel Creel's Room

Stormy Skies smiled. "It's yours, I wouldn't take it from you. I'll sleep on the floor or something. Now, as for the work, what can I do for you?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleoosa- Steel Creel's Room

Stormy Skies smiled. "It's yours, I wouldn't take it from you. I'll sleep on the floor or something. Now, as for the work, what can I do for you?"

In the Home of Steel Creel

"Uh...well....I hold on....well....I do have a problem with some rad roaches...I mean...well the whole town...nasty infestation...I'm charged with finding the source and putting an end to it. Maybe..maybe you can help me with that? Eight hooves, better than four right?"

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Complicated Bandits and Caravans]

And it seemed to be going so well.

"We fully intend to have a look at your wares, one way or another. Now go stand over by those two and keep your hooves where I can se-"

The second ~CRACK~ of the evening, and it came from entirely too close.

Immediate effects: five sets of surprised looking eyes, one dead unicorn, and two cases of twitchy panic.
    The cases of twitchy panic springing forth from the two pistol-wielders who, against everyone's better judgement, decide that this would be a great time to shoot at Gwen

The shotgun mare grits her teeth.
    "You three stay exactly where you are!"
    She flicks her head around to pull her shotgun out of its strap, to be momentarily directed towards Bright Eyes, Flim, and Flam.

The rifle-wielding member of the group is starting to creep backwards at a subtle pace.

Up at the hill, Pale Blue is staring at the body of his partner, frowning.
    "Took too long, idiot."

His horn glows as it snatches up the rifle and he begins to move down the back of the hill, out of sight.

[Towards Shattered Hoof]

"I don't know...I think I'd prefer the horn over the wings by a fair margin. The sheer versatility just seems too good to pass up, you know?"
    He could type on multiple computers at once! Work with things he can't reach! He'd have a built-in torch!

"Not just the land, I don't think. Supposedly pretty connected to ourselves too, or something like that. Sturdy and adaptive and whatnot."
    Earth ponies were in charge of the major technological Ministry, so the adaptive part seems to have some past precedent.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-15 at 09:25 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Brigands... But Not For Long]

Bright Eyes swiftly snatched up her baton again, then fired at the shotgun to disable it and possibly injure the other mare's hoof as well. She then moved to place said mare between her and the rifle-pony. Right now, the most important thing was to prevent as many of them as possible from attacking.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

A Days Southwest of Old Appleloosa

Maul Steel looks at Tough Stomp quizzically, not sure exactly how to proceed. Shrugging he looks back to Foxfire and says "Well, seems as safe a place as we can get to." he walks over to his fellow cowardly companion, making sure he's nice and stable before thrning to Foxfirr to lead the way. Good thing too, Maul was starting to get afraid of random snipers off in the distance.

[TAG Benson]

The RGFF

Lamianos looks to Pineapple Blast, nodding his head he says "Alright, gimme a bit and we'll roll out." if Eledwhen or Razoreye had anything to say they'd probably say it when he's suting up in his Steel Ranger gear. Whether or not they do Lamianos heads out with Pineapple Blast to start scouting, his E.F.S. turned on and every scanner active to ensure they'll find raiders before raiders find them.

[TAG Obliviom, Chaotic. OOC: If either MCerberus or DarkElfBard want to say something then we can do a mini time pocket scene of when he's putting on his armor. The end result is the same but it lets you keep up and get the scouting moving along]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-10-15 at 09:35 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Everybody was a-kung-fu-fightinnnnng! Shooting Each Other

Lucky twitches a few more times.

Flim and Flam scream and dive for cover, both slamming into each other and landing in a tangled heap behind the same boulder.

"Where's your gun?!"

"In my pocket!"

"Which pocket?!"

"Uh, uh, uh, uh-"

"You don't know?!"

"I have a lot of pockets, okay?!"

19. - Top - End - #559
    Firbolg in the Playground

RGFF

Without saying anything, the griffon makes sure his assault rifle is loaded and takes off. Being a griffin, he works better at high altitude. Combined with the fact that "Razoreye" isn't the name his mom gave him, he'll be able to spot well enough. He keeps a respectable distance from the town, looking for major structures that would house leaders and defensive positions.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

Bandits, the Classic Encounter

The griffon was shot in the chest, bullets hitting her protective chest plate. Her talon on the trigger, pointed at the main mare bandit, jolted pulling the trigger as she fell backward on her flank.

That mare should have just taken up the offer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    A Days Southwest of Old Appleloosa

Maul Steel looks at Tough Stomp quizzically, not sure exactly how to proceed. Shrugging he looks back to Foxfire and says "Well, seems as safe a place as we can get to." he walks over to his fellow cowardly companion, making sure he's nice and stable before thrning to Foxfirr to lead the way. Good thing too, Maul was starting to get afraid of random snipers off in the distance.

[TAG Benson]

A days southwest of Old Appleloosa- Morning 10:14 AM

Tough Stomp was fine, if rather eager about this water having place. That sounded like paradise to his ears right now.

"Hop aboard the wagon boys, we have us some hours to get there."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

A Days sourhwest of Old Appleloosa-Morning 10:15 AM

Maul Steel smiles as he hops onto the wagon, finally getting a moment to rest peacefully from all the stress. Despite the break in the stress he still has trouble shaking it and his dreams are littered with miniature nightmares creeping about. His feet move impatiently and erratically as he sleeps and a concerned murmer can be heard once or twice.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #562

New Appleoosa- Entrance

Elestre coughed weakly and used his levitation magic to aid Finder's. "Might want to get to... *wheeze* ...Sawbones quickly."[/COLOR]
    Now the stable dweller was just starting to panic
    He unloads Shadow's body from his back, leaving her between some rocks where nopony else could be bothered and then ran back towards the group and starts pulling his medkit
    "CrapcrapcrapCRAP! Don't start using magic, you're going to just get worse and it would get worse! quick! get him to Sawbones!"

[Medicine] He starts trying to check his vital signs and where is the cause of his destabilization, and if he does, he tries to fix them depending on what they are.

[Tag: Purity, MCerberus, Drowlord]
    -----------------------------------------------
    [Unity outpost]

"Aw horseapples! they spotted us!"
    He says, coming for a while out of cover, his dual miniguns ready, then shoots a bulletstorm at the purple alicorns above with them while he drops a smoke grenade, stomps on it and drags it while moving, hopefully creating some concealment and holding it in place; as for Burnshine, she quickly comes out, aims her carbine at one of the alicorns' upper area (barrel or head) and starts firing a lot as well.
    The lightings would go DANGEROUSLY close to Burnshine, but she still would be behind some cover; not so much for Blaster though.... Being out of cover would make him more prone to getting hit, unless the smoke grenade creates a big enough screen to confuse them.

Ray would already reach the spot of the battle between his comrades and the alicorns, however, he also notices the 3 alicorns working together, most likely to no good; he takes it into note, radioes his comrades to keep fighting and tries to find a good shooting spot: either from a window, the entrance or the hole they just made, but he had to try and get the entranced greens ASAP.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Unity Outpost]

(If I'm correct, the Alicorns are fairly close to Ebon. Do tell me if this isn't true.)

Well, horseapples. Time for Ebon to do what he does best! Improvise!

Thinking quickly, the Sorcerer's horn flares up, releasing a fun and entertaining mix of two horrible and evil spells directly into the gestalt: Voidfire and Enervation. Given that both of these things attack the mind just as much as the body, and cause significant pain, Ebon hopes that the massive pulse is enough to disable or at least stun the trio long enough to make an escape.

Regardless of the result, the unicorn attempts to put Fantasia on his back before galloping for it, telekinetically tearing a hole in the fence if there isn't already an opening to escape through.

"Fantasia, stick with me! We're leaving!"

This can only go well!

The RGFF

Pineapple nods and follows him out. She doesn't have an EFS, but she has good eyesight and hopefully won't get gibbed by something she doesn't see.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-15 at 10:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    A Days sourhwest of Old Appleloosa-Morning 10:15 AM

Maul Steel smiles as he hops onto the wagon, finally getting a moment to rest peacefully from all the stress. Despite the break in the stress he still has trouble shaking it and his dreams are littered with miniature nightmares creeping about. His feet move impatiently and erratically as he sleeps and a concerned murmer can be heard once or twice.
    The pair would find themselves on opposite sides of her since the back of the wagon was filled with stuff and covered under an old tarp and bound by ropes to keep things from falling out.

"Alright...first though...to pay respects to Mo and Jo, they were good company,"
    After they got to where the Brahmin's corpse was at, Foxfire would comment with a sadness that some desert critters must have gotten to the Brahmin. She would lay down an old teddy bear near the corpse and pray to Celestia that somewhere in pony heaven, Brahmin had a special place. And then they were off again to this mystery settlement where ponies worshiped a single tulip.

The Equestrian Southwest-Afternoon 1:11 PM

Foxfire was a talkative one, mostly talking about mundane things like the weather and even engaged in a song about 1001 bottles of Sunrise Sarsaparilla on the wall. Tough Stomp participated in the singing not wanting to upset their benefactor here.

Eventually, in the distance, a small settlement would come into view. It didn't look like much, though. It looked nothing more but a regular small wasteland settlement in need of some watering. There were six ramshackle houses in need of a good paint job all set in a half circle.

The terrain here was flat desert as far as the eye could see. The only thing that made it special were all the pricky pear cacti patches around on the outskirts.

25. - Top - End - #565

[Unity Outpost]

Ebon plays his cards.

And the Pale Horse examines his hand and leers a bony grin.

The psychic scream of enervation rips through the minds of Unity causing all the alicorns in the plant to shudder in pain and anguish as the Goddess turns her face away lest she share in their torment.

Though given how closely the minds of those three Greens are linked right now? The foul power echoes between them even as necrotic flames eat at their flesh. The false goddesses go down like a sack of bricks and lay still. They're almost without question dead.

One of the Purples tumbles out of the sky looking shocked, confused, dismayed, and more than a little lost. And after getting ventilated with minigun fire she looks pretty dead, too. There's a good chance she might land right on top of one of the Rangers.

The other Purple alicorn cries out with a voice of agony and dread as her horn lights up moments before she vanishes in a white flash.

Pure Touch's mouth is hanging open in horror as the alicorns are chewed up by bullets and spells. He whips around in time to see Ebon hoofing it along with most of the other prisoners. "You foal! You don't have any idea what you've done!"

[Toward Shattered Hoof]

"It's useful, yeah. Got to admit that," Heim muses. "And it has managed to save my skin more than a few times. Those ward spells are a real life-saver."

Take a bullet for you after all.

Very few people enjoy taking bullets to the head. Except maybe Lucky. But he's really weird.

"In tune with yourself?"
    the hippogriff echoes. "What's that supposed to mean? Like some sort of zebra self-discovery gibberish?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-15 at 11:15 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Firbolg in the Playground

Now Arriving - New Appleoosa

Finder might have a flare. Then again, it may or may not work... you know how that stuff gets pre-war and all. Also if it does work, it would be insanely valuable, so he just thinks it's best to get the colt to the doctor.

"Don't fuss him around to much, keep him moving to the doc." Hopefully they're in seeing distance of town. The unicorn does what he can to get the injured pony in.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Towards Shattered Hoof]

"...I wonder if there's been any magiteched wards. We have healing talismans, magical weapons, self-repairing armor. A ward talisman or something doesn't sound too crazy."
    Rusty is leaping into tangentially related topics again!
    Although this is one he seems to be making mental notes on.

Perhaps a project for later?

Consequently, this new distraction results in a little stump wave to the secondary conversation.
    "I don't know really. Just know that earth ponies are supposed to be sturdier and handier. Something like that."

[Complicated Bandits and Caravans]

Shotgun mare had an unfortunate couple of seconds.
    A cheeky little stick-wielder breaks her gun, and then some freakish griffon puts a round through her chest?

Yeah. Not the best time in the world.

Meanwhile, while she's busy oozing blood onto the ground, the pistol ponies begin to start yelling obscenities at the griffon, squeezing the remainders of their clips at her.

Probably not the smartest choice on their part, but they're doing it anyway.

The retreating rifle pony, who has been completely silent up to this point, simply lifts up his rifle and smoothly puts a round in transit towards Bright Eyes' chest.

~CRACK~
    "Nooo!"
    "Alright you, get over here. I've got a job for you."
    "No! Let me go! Stop!"

[Ponyville Environs]

The griffon taking to the sky will probably have the easiest time of things, if he manages to keep up high enough.

He'd probably be able to do most of the scouting by himself, with that in mind.

The long-decrepit Ponyville looks barely habitable these days, streets covered in filth, many buildings dilapidated or completely falling apart.
    Blood, waste, and ruined everything is everywhere.
    It isn't attractive.

What also isn't attractive, are the numerous bandits patrolling the streets and hastily erected walls around the main square's perimeter.

There appear to be two "entrances" in the mass of debris they've used to create the walls, which each have a guard assigned to them, although they're both busy making rude signs at each other from across the way.
    In the streets, there's at least five or six ponies just wandering about, some muttering to themselves, the others mostly silent.

Lights are coming from the library, so there's likely more inside there.

Only eight ponies outside, that can be readily seen, but there's likely there could be others within various buildings.

Lamianos and Pineapple will have to be more careful with their scouting.
    EFS should help alert to the two patrol ponies moving around the outskirts of the town, but it won't do much if one of the wall-guards happens to glance in their direction.

[Elsewhere]

Vane adjusts position beside his bush, pulling up his binoculars and peering down towards Ponyville some distance away.
    "Situation is progressing."
    "You have permission to proceed as you see fit."
    "Understood."

The Enclave pegasus kicks aside the raider body nearby and begins rummaging through his inventory.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Unity Outpost]

Ebon plays his cards.

And the Pale Horse examines his hand and leers a bony grin.

The psychic scream of enervation rips through the minds of Unity causing all the alicorns in the plant to shudder in pain and anguish as the Goddess turns her face away lest she share in their torment.

Though given how closely the minds of those three Greens are linked right now? The foul power echoes between them even as necrotic flames eat at their flesh. The false goddesses go down like a sack of bricks and lay still. They're almost without question dead.

One of the Purples tumbles out of the sky looking shocked, confused, dismayed, and more than a little lost. And after getting ventilated with minigun fire she looks pretty dead, too. There's a good chance she might land right on top of one of the Rangers.

The other Purple alicorn cries out with a voice of agony and dread as her horn lights up moments before she vanishes in a white flash.

Pure Touch's mouth is hanging open in horror as the alicorns are chewed up by bullets and spells. He whips around in time to see Ebon hoofing it along with most of the other prisoners. "You foal! You don't have any idea what you've done!"
    Well... That got work off Ray, he lowers his weapon we he sees the 3 greens go down in flames.

"CRY SOME MOOOAAR-AHHHHAHAHAHHHHH!"
    And one of the previously mentioned lightinings would hit Blaster just before ebon casts his spell, fortunately, the strike is suddenly interrupted by Ebon's enervation and only screws his armor up. However, both Burnshine and Ray notice the one alicorn acting strange and cease fire
    "That's odd..."
    "What the...? Blaster! cease fire!"
    "*stunned* WHAT??!"
    "CEASE FIRE!!"
    Blaster however doesn't understand; his attack doesn't stops and unfortunately the possibly-now-innocent alicorn still unfortunately meets a considerable amount of bullets shot through her barrel, but fortunately, the shots were more wild, so she met less shots than what she would have if Blaster didn't get hit, raising her chances to actually just be almost dead, yet with slim chances of being rescued.

She falls on top of Blaster, who's unaware of her state and stands on 2 hindlegs to catch her
    "Oh no! Do NOT kick that bucket yet! I got something to do before that!", he brings out 2 measuring instruments
    "Forget about that challenge!" he rushes towards him, grabs the alicorn from him and shoves him
    "Wha-What are you doing?"
    "Go inside, get the tech and the prisoners, watch out for the blue invisible ones" He tells them while trying to check if the alicorn was alive, and if she was, quickly feed her one of his 2 healing potions; her behavior really puzzled him, not really having heard withing Steel Ranger's ranks about them acting so, except near Canterlot, so he got kind of curious.

The both hastily noded and rushed inside, Burnshine would buck the fence open even though there's an "alternate" exit
    "Alright, all of you are free to go"
    "I guess nopony over here knows what exactly happened...." Blaster half-sarcastically mentioned before going around the place and starting to look for technology; Burnshine remains close to the hole in the wall, attempting to cover Blaster's search for devices and Ray's.... Whatever is he trying to do. She then notices Ebon
    "Hey! you! there!" She calls him
    "You mark... You did that?" She asks him, pointing at the fallen mesmer with the 2 greens.

(Leaving the "confused" purple's as an optional choice, just in case)

[Tag: BladeofObliviom, Rebonack]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-16 at 10:14 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Banditry Battles]

The poor shotgun mare was blocking her rifle-wielding comrade's shot, and would find another bullet in her.

"Nice going there, you galoot," remarked Bright Eyes. "I thought you were trying to shoot us, not each other." She stepped closer behind the fallen bandit and let fly with another light-blast, this time aimed more to kill.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-16 at 01:40 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

[Bandits, a step up from Mooks]

"Nnnngh...ah..."
    She winced since the bullets still stung like a biatch even if they hit her protective chest armor. In her anger she lobbed her roundless rifle at one of their heads ala this morning with Lucky-style. Her sniper rifle was good, but could only hold two shots, she may need an upgrade if she survives this.

She reached to her side for her magnum and made two shots in their direction. "Ow....my chest.."