New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Plannin' The Attack, Ze]

Night Jewel decided not to comment on Ebon Flame's speech. She was too disturbed. "Well, I'd better get the infiltration started. I'll meet you shortly."

With that, she made her stealthy approach to the camp, disguised with magic in case she should be spotted.

[New Appaloosa Road, Ze]

"Well, if you'd rather talk about a different subject, I can tell you of some of my other deeds, like that time I defeated a mad life-making mage! Are you interested?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-09-18 at 01:12 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Road to New Appaloosa]

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    [Road to Old Appaloosa]

Gwendolyn stiffened in derp and simply just cocked a brow, beak slightly agape riddled with confusion. Ooookay, that was odd. The griffon shook her head in brief thought, best not to sit on it, not when there was the possibility of mole rat meat to eat upon arriving in town.

Mole rat meat, over a spitfire, that actually made the meat seem better than it actually tasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Plannin' The Attack, Ze]

Night Jewel decided not to comment on Ebon Flame's speech. She was too disturbed. "Well, I'd better get the infiltration started. I'll meet you shortly."

With that, she made her stealthy approach to the camp, disguised with magic in case she should be spotted.

[New Appaloosa Road, Ze]

"Well, if you'd rather talk about a different subject, I can tell you of some of my other deeds, like that time I defeated a mad life-making mage! Are you interested?"
    "Yes! Sure! Whatever! Tell me all about it!" Lucky over-enthusiastically proclaims. He then lowers his voice and mutters to himself. "Because I am not drunk enough to talk about that other stuff."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planning Attack, with a Bored Little Foal

Miss Stride? Missssss Striiiideeee... Eledwhen whispers and nudges her new companion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Road to Old Appleoosa

Elestre hissed between his teeth. "I do know how you feel, if only in a little way."

He raised a hoof and images glittered around it.

A tiny colt was reading a book, his horn glowing with blue magic. He dropped it with a squeak as he saw a pack of grim Raiders galloping towards their group of tents, led by a glittering white alicorn. The colt shouted a warning, and his family leaped out of their tents, horns glowing or wings fluttering, but completely unprepared.

The Raiders charging the tents, murdering his family with guns or long knives, a huge Earth pony toying with a defiant pegasus who charged again and again, trying to save her family, before the Earth pony just clubbed her to death and went towards the other members of the family. A thin, scarred pony doing something that should never be done to a female pegasus. Another burly pony burning an elderly unicorn out of a tent.

The tiny unicorn roaring with loss, charging the alicorn and stabbing at it with his horn. The alicorn throwing the colt to the ground and motioning the band at him. Arrows, axes, daggers flying at the defenseless, half-conscious colt before utter blackness.

"I just prefer to sent them to Tartarus the long, hard way. Cruxifiction's too quick. I vow that if I can, I'll help you eradicate them."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-09-18 at 02:59 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Road to New Appaloosa]

"Yes! Sure! Whatever! Tell me all about it!" Lucky over-enthusiastically proclaims. He then lowers his voice and mutters to himself. "Because I am not drunk enough to talk about that other stuff."
    Gwendolyn just shakes her head and continues to hover overhead, its not long until New Appaloosa can be seen. But, plenty of time for this Bright Eyes to tell a story.

[tag Purity]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

To Battle! Old Appleoosa

Lamianos stares at the disturbing illusion created by Elestre, fascinated by the images playing infront of him, only to shake his head and stamp his hoof down on the map "Alright, let's get this show on the round. Men, you know your part's in the plan, so let's roll out."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #37

Road to Old Appleoosa

Elestre quickly made the illusions vanish. "Ready when you are, Ebon."
    He grimly dug his hoof into the dirt, ready to go charge into the gates of Tartarus if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assume he moves out into his proper position when Ebon does.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Road to Old Appleoosa

Ebon nods respectfully to Elestre.

"I am ready. I'll give everyone three minutes after arrival to get into position. You'll know when it starts."

Presumably, Elestre and Ebon get moving about now, circling out west toward a small knoll, coincidentally also an ideal firing position for arc-based weapons.

[Tag: Lycan; One last chance for surprises before this goes into action. ]
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-18 at 05:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Road to Old Appaloosa, about to start the plan]

The stable wanderer was obviously shaken by both Ebon and elestre's pasts, also extremely furious at the moment, getting both's rage, but then just shakes his head when the illusions go away.

"there are still better ways to deal with those; really, it's a LOT harder, but as far I know, it has made ponies like that break down, collapse into guilt and be very, very regretful. Sometimes mercy is worse than death"

Then turns to Lamianos

"We're ready to go then?"

[Tag: Drowlord, Bladeofobliviom, Tychris1]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-18 at 08:12 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Road to Old Appleoosa

Lamianos nods his head to Luka and motions for him to follow to Old Appleoosa.

[TAG Lycan]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Old Appaloosa]

The party moves out......

Old Appaloosa is a shadow of its pre-war self. Once a thriving trade hub and agricultural center, it is now naught more than ruins and a few dilapidated structures.

The railroad runs through the center of town. There are two large multi-level warehouses and a few storage sheds on the left side. On the right side, there's an old grain silo sporting a blanket-covered hole in the top, another large one-floor warehouse (the armory), and a large two-floor railway depot. Most of the other buildings in the town are burnt husks or collapsed piles of rubble. On the far side of town beyond the warehouses, though, are two small structures, probably once houses or stores. According to Lamianos, the slaves are held here...

The town looks almost deserted. Near the front of the town, a hundred feet or so in front of the warehouses, are bodies. Lots of bodies. Bullet-riddled and burnt corpses, as well as the rotting hulks of two dead brahmin - the remnants of the Legion caravan, and probably other unlucky souls. Thousands of shell casings litter the earth, and several craters are still smouldering - a testament to the intensity of last night's battle.

And a testament to the victory is also clearly visible. Several slavers are sprawled out near the entrances of the buildings, apparently asleep or in a drunken stupor. Empty alcohol bottles and drug containers are scattered and strewn everywhere. It seems they had quite the party. Drunken laughter can be heard coming from the open windows of the rail depot, and the warehouses on the left - as well as the occasional scream of a terrified or agonized mare. However, there do not appear to be any patrols, guards, or snipers in position...

A large number of boulders, fallen trees, hunks of wreckage, old craters, and ditches are scattered in and around the town, providing possible cover. Unfortunately, there are no hills, ridges, knolls, or other terrain features of note - just flat land for several hundred yards.

Night Jewel manages to avoid detection as she enters the outskirts of the ruined town and nears the warehouses. She's almost to the pile of bodies.

A few hundred feet away from the warehouses, the rest of the group is approaching the far outskirts of town, using the boulders and ditches and wrecked vehicles to cover their approach. Shadow Stride jumps into one of these ditches as the near the outskirts of the town, and motions for Eledwhen to join her where they'll be safe. For everypony else... it's show time.

((Ebon and Elestre have yet to move into position since there is no hill to the west. I wasn't sure if that would effect your plans or not, so I didn't move you out there.))

[TAG: EVERYONE.]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Old Appleoosa

Lamianos begins to sneak through the wreckage and holes, using every trick he knows to avoid making too much noise in power barding. Squatting down behind the burnt and blown remains of what might have been a chunk of house he motions for Luka to follow in suit. He looks at the pony dead in the eyes and begins to whisper "Alright kid, it's me and you. We're going to try and work our way to the armory as best we can, there's piles of wreckage that we can follow from here until we get close to the armory. From their we make sure no one's watching, pray to Celestia's, and gun for the door, once we're at the door the majority of Appleoosa won't be able to see us, then we get in and the fun starts. Got it?" he points out the different places with his hoof before waiting for Luka to aknowledge the plan.

Looking towards a chunk of wreckage he moves to the side and jumps into a hole before moving towards the wreckage quickly. He continues to make his way towards the armory, following his plan and waiting for Luka to catch up.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Story Time]

"All right, then! You see, it all started with some little insignificant island, where the mage ended up getting shipwrecked..."

The background for the story didn't actually involve Bright Eyes that much, and was more about the mage augmenting himself in forbidden ways. The mare herself only entered the scene when the mage returned to the mainland to cause havoc. The part about the fight itself was clearly exaggerated, such as Bright Eyes getting the mage's summoned creatures to kill each other with just one well-timed jump.

By now, they were probably getting closer to the town.

[Infiltrators Gonna Infiltrate]

Night Jewel looked over the massive pile of bodies. My, those Legion types aren't nearly so fearsome when you've seen their failures.

Then she got a rather sneaky idea.

First, she looked for any especially intact, recognisable corpses. Then she approached the actual camp, making sure to stay out of sight, and cast an illusion spell. A false version of one of the dead Legion{HOWEVER IT'S SPELLED}s appeared, translucent, pale and faintly glowing.

"All right, ghost," she whispered, "Let's see what you can do." She then moved the illusion onward, ready for some haunting.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Old Appleoosa]

Seeing that the knoll that his player was hoping for doesn't actually exist, Ebon Flame looks for a rock or tree husk or something else large enough to hide the pair without being too tall to peek over.

After safely behind some cover, a mildly disconcerting omen appears:

"Three hundred. Two hundred Ninety Nine. Two hundred Ninety eight..."

Also, his horn begins to glow dimly, emitting a level of heat equivalent to an uncomfortably warm breeze in a radius large enough that Elestre likely notices it.

15. - Top - End - #45

[Old Appleloosa, Wreckage run]

"Alright, I'm with you"
    He says and follows him, trying to keep low and rushing for cover whenever they're on an open spot.
    He's not really happy about the corpses left out like that.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-18 at 10:02 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Finally Back to New Appaloosa]

Lucky quietly listens along to Bright Eyes, occasionally casting a dubious, confused, or incredulous glance in her direction. He doesn't say anything. He wouldn't even know where to begin.

Eventually, shortly after Bright Eyes concludes her story (or another story, if she's feeling particularly chatty), New Appaloosa becomes visible on the horizon. "Oh thank Luna..." Lucky grunts, quickening his pace. "There's a bottle of whiskey callin' my name..."

[Tag: Purity, Benson, anyone who wants to roleplay an NPC in New Appaloosa]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Appleoosa

While he may not be as sneaky as some, Finder packs light, and not in bulky armor. You'd be surprised how a pony that pays attention and isn't burdened just disappears. He makes his way from cover to cover, peeking out when he can. His trusty revolver is at his side. The stallion knows things aren't going to be pretty and a decent shot with this thing is more dangerous than a squad of raiders with assault weapons.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #48

Old Appleoosa

The colt tilts his head. He whispers.
    "What are you doing right now? I don't want to mess you up with illusions if I would, but if illusions are a go, I'll start."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

19. - Top - End - #49

Old Appleloosa

Eledwhen creeps her way over to the older mare. Miss Stride, what are the others doing?

[Tag Lycan]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Old Appleoosa

Ebon looks up just a bit.

"I am gathering magical energy. And also conveniently giving the others time to get into position. I'd wait until the pyrotechnics start before you draw attention to us, though. I imagine our chances of survival will be better if they're properly taken by surprise."

He then puts his head down and continues gathering energy.

...Is that a corona of plasma around his horn?

"One hundred and one. One hundred. Ninety-nine. Ninety-Eight. Ninety-Seven..."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lamianos and Luka are almost to the armory. Darting from cover to cover, they're both now hunkered down behind a wrecked sky-car a few dozen feet from the entrance of the armor. They're actually right in front of the train depot now, and they can clearly hear uproarious laughter and the clinking of bottles from some of the open windows, as well as terrified screams and sobbing. One quick sprint, and they can make it to the door of the armory. Hopefully it's unlocked...

Night Jewel's "ghost" rises from the "grave" and staggers towards the half-dozen or so slavers scattered around near the entrance of the warehouses. However, they don't seem to react to it. They're probably too drunk or stoned to notice, or care. As she moves forward and gets closer to the pile of bodies, the stench is practically overwhelming. Wait... did she just hear a whimper?

Elestre and Ebon don't seem to have attracted any attention. Or at least, they haven't come under fire. Yet.

Finder slinks through cover and concealment, making his way through the outskirts of town. If he moves quickly, he can join with Night Jewel. Or if he outright gallops, he can probably catch up to Lamianos and Luka.

Shadow Stride telekinetically pulls a set of binoculars from her saddle bag. Crouching low, the raises the blue-glowing optic tools to her hood, and peers out into the ruins. "I believe your friends are trying to 'play the hero' as the term goes..." she idly responds to Eledwhen.

[Tag: Everyone]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

And so there they were, that certain trio, there in New Appleloosa. They walked passed the guards who nodded their heads in acknowledged greeting.

"So, I think I hear the faint whispers of that whiskey bottle calling out to you, Mister Lucky,"
    The griffon commented with a small tired, smile.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Invading the Armory!

Lamianos takes a glance at the armory, ignoring the laughter and the sobs of those poor poor mares, looking back at Luka he signals with his hoof to go and begins a mad gallop to the side of the armory, sliding to a stop in order to barely avoid hitting against the wall. He begins to walk towards the door as Luka follows in suit and lifts his hooves up to open the door, if all else fails one can just kick the door down eh?
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Old Appaloosa]

The door to the armory creeks open. All Lamianos and Luka have to do is go inside...

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky turns back to Gwendolyn. His bandages conceal the weary smile, but his eyes probably express his feelings well enough. "Yes, I think so. You offerin' to join me?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Old Appleoosa

Lamianos looks to Luka, waving a hoof and says "Go on in kid, I got your back. I'll make sure no one follows us in."

[TAG Luka, Lycan]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #56

OA

Eledwhen sighs and sits. I'm boooored.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Old Appleoosa Attack - Western Front

Ebon Flame seems to be practically grinning, the glow around his horn having graduated from a small corona to a radiant glow that would probably have given them away were it not for the illusions involved here.

"Four. Three. Two. One."

Ebon stands to his full height now, actually fairly impressive, and takes one last look at Old Appleoosa. Then, in an instant, the glow disappears. It seems for just a moment as if his spell fizzled, too much for one horn to perform. Then, something terrifying happens.

Gouts of an unnatural fire, black as pitch, begin erupting from what seems to be thin air, traveling in high arcs to land in various locations over the slaver hub, mostly in the areas that Ebon already pointed out when planning. Each one carries force equivalent to a small boulder landing at high speed, but that's not the real threat: It is fire, but at the same time, much more. It burns the body, for sure, but meanwhile seems to burn the very soul of its victims, causing more pain than a body can even relay back to the mind.

This is the kind of thing that happens when a pony whose special talent is destruction gets a chance to unleash his full strength, three minutes of raw focus and rage turned into an instant of death and agony.

This is the true face of Ebon Flame: Rage, seeking to escape from its mortal shell and bring wrath upon those who most deserve such suffering.

"Bwahahahahaha!"

A burst of maniacal laughter escapes his muzzle as the Voidfire begins to strike down upon the buildings, and no doubt panic begins to set in.

...Also, that's probably the cue. Signals don't get much more obvious.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Appleoosa

Finder sneaks around moving towards the slave pens, unaware of the unending torrent of red-hot hatred and flame about to descend upon everyone. Hopefully he can meet up with Night Jewel there, with nothing insane happening.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Old Appleoosa

Lamianos looks to Luka, waving a hoof and says "Go on in kid, I got your back. I'll make sure no one follows us in."

[TAG Luka, Lycan]
    The colt nods and would peek inside, then slide in, next action would depend on what is inside.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Old Appleoosa: Western Front

Elestre gives a coughing roar that almost seems like it was from the throat of something other than a pony. His horn glowed incandescent grey, shedding sparks of the light shade. From the west, a large group of very detailed, heavily armored and armed ponies charged (his illusion), imbued with beguiling magic that attracted anybody who saw them to attack the illusions and believe they were true. An invisible shield arced out in front of them, meaning anybody who stood against the charge would get hit back by a powerful force.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.