New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [New Appaloosa]

Lucky turns back to Gwendolyn. His bandages conceal the weary smile, but his eyes probably express his feelings well enough. "Yes, I think so. You offerin' to join me?"

"Passing down free whiskey seems like a fool's choice."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infiltrators Gonna Infiltrate]

Well, that takes the fun out of things. Night Jewel shook her head and continued on, holding her breath so as not to get overwhelmed by the stench.

Then the explosions began.

"Dagnabit, couldn't they wait a little longer? Seems the part about sabotaging beforehoof was completely forgotten."

[Bright Eyes]

"Well, nothing like a good drink to get a group of adventurers together, right? I've met some good companions hanging around in bars. Let's do this!"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-09-19 at 09:58 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Smile Ruins ==> Road to Shattered Hoof]

"Hopefully so. It would be a let down if this whole mess ends up being a waste of time. But my gut is telling me that's far from what we have to look forward to," Heim replies as he sets off toward the road once more. "Usually my gut doesn't lie. Unless I have indigestion, then there's no telling what it might be gurgling about."

Stupid gut.

Cease your indecisive gurgling!

"Hey, Rusy right?"
    Sivr pipes up. "How did you get involved with that Ministry hellhole, anyway? Who was looking to cash in on the little operation you had going on down there?"
    Rusty peers at Heimdalr for a moment, after the gut comment, but shrugs and continues on normally after a moment.
    "Well here's to hoping you don't have indigestion then. I'm gonna be kind of upset if this ends up being some sort of epic quest with nothing more than a moral lesson as the reward at the end."

Those stories are all absolutely terrible, in his opinion.

And then Sivr pipes up!
    The tripodal pony's eyes glaze over, momentarily, before he shakes his head and frowns.
    "Gray...
    Was doing some independent research on the Ministry of Morale, curious about its Mare and...activities. You can learn a surprising amount just by peeking through the right terminals."

He pauses, staring down at his stump, visibly picking his next words.

"I've been researching the Ministry of Morale for awhile. Funded by an unnamed source for most of it, as soon as I poked around about hired hooves for the trips. Pointed in a direction, I followed, and several computers later I ended up poking in this direction.
    Said hired hooves never really got that far...but some lovely fellows sent by a 'Gray' decided to nudge me along a little faster. Sleip's was part of that, although not really anymore, hm?

Gray's interested in the downstairs and pointed me in the direction as a means to an end, I guess.
    The 'how' and the 'who'. Can't really help you with info about Gray, since I don't have any."

A moment of pause, before Rusty gives a little nod, seeming satisfied enough with his brief, largely vague explanation.

"I'm interested in the Mare, so I may have ended up here on my own anyway. Somepony just gave me the caps and directions to guarantee it faster."
    Also the threats. But they've been over that already.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Old Appaloosa]

Luka slinks into the armory.

It's empty.

Literally empty, devoid of both life and content. There are a few weapons and pieces of equipment scattered around - a pump-action shotgun, two 9mm pistols, a few sets of cheap combat barding, and an old Stealthbuck. But all the shelves are empty, the lockers are open, and every ammo crate is open and devoid of contents.

The armory is empty.

The slavers are armed.

And as the door shuts behind him, and the sounds of gunfire suddenly begin to echo throughout the city outside, Luka finds himself shadowed by the heavy armored and heavily armed form of Lamianos.

---

In the ditch near the outskirts of town, Shadow Stride is looking through her binoculars. "Something doesn't feel right..." she mutters to Eledwhen. And then, as she passes her binoculars passed a window of one of the warehouses, she finds herself staring down the barrel and into the scope of a hunting rifle. "IT'S A TR-"

Her warning and her shield spell are both interrupted by a bullet ripping through the hood of her cloak, splattering blood across Eledwhen's face. The cloaked Legioneighrie crumples down into the ditch beside her, writhing and groaning weakly as blood pools in the dirt beneath her. Gunfire erupts through-out the town, and bullets begin to whine over the young pegasus' head and kick up dirt along the top of the ditch.

---

Ebon manages to cast his spell. As the flaming spells begin to fall from the sky, and just as he begins his maniacal laughter, a half-dozen snipers open fire in unison from the windows of the warehouses. They have been waiting for him to pop out, steadying their aim and training their scopes on where he will be. The exposed and weakened unicorn finds himself the target of several .32 caliber rounds from hunting rifles, and a single .308 round from a sniper rifle wielded by a crack marksman.

There is a very high probability that at least one of those bullets - likely the .308 - is going to leave a rather nasty mark on him.

Elestre is slightly more lucky, as he's less of a priority target. While several slavers open fire from the windows, they are less skilled in their aim and less well armed than the ones targeting Ebon. Still, there are a few hunting rifle rounds and some buckshot pellets that, if they hit, will really ruin his day...

And then things get worse.

The dark flames of Ebon's rage rain down upon the the warehouses and other structures. He spared the small structures at the end of the town, of course. That's where the slaves supposedly were. As the magic strikes its targets, screams fill the air.

But not the screams of slavers...

The agonized and horrified shrieks of dozens of slaves echo from within the warehouses and train depot as dark magic smashes down upon them. While the yells and howls of slavers can be heard, the screaming mares and crying foals are much more audible. It is a hideous, heartrending sound to hear...

Should Ebon survive the sniper fire, he may wish he hadn't been so fortunate...

---

Night Jewel manages not to gag. As she makes her remark, though, gunfire echoes through-out the ruined town. Thankfully, no one is targeting her yet, due to her stealth and her magic.

However, severally of the rotting corpses next to her, including the large brahmin bodies, are suddenly telekinetically lifted into the air, and hurled straight at her. "FOUND YA, BITCH!!"

As the bodies are hurled, three figures jump out from under them. One is a muscular dark-green stallion with a black mohawk and a kevlar SWAT vest on his chest - he's an earth pony, and is gripping a large-calibur pistol in his mouth. The other is a pale silver unicorn with a dark red mane, an insane grin on her face, and several bloody knives levitating on either side of her. And between them...

Between them is a hulking brute of an stallion, clad from head to hoof in thick metal armor, and with two shotguns mounted to his sides via battle saddle. However, his most distinguishing feature is most definitely the three foals bound, gagged, and strapped to his armor with rusty chains. A colt is strapped to the front of his body, covering his chest and neck. And then a filly and a colt are strapped to his flanks, to protect the rest of his body.

Yes. Rusty Chains, the leader of the slavers in Old Appaloosa, is clad in full body armor, and on top of that, has foals strapped to him. This is really happening.

"YEAH, TEAR 'EM APART!!" he howls excitedly, before turning towards where Night Jewel was to see if the bodies hit her or not.

---

Finder is slightly more lucky than everyone else. He's still making his way from cover to cover when the spells and the bullets start to rain from the sky. The blanket covering the hole in the top of the grain silo is suddenly ripped away, revealing a light-machine-gun nest. The crew turn their weapon towards where Finder is scurrying, and open fire.

Fortunately, the scavenger is still in cover, and the bullets whiz overhead or smash against whatever object he's decided to hunker down behind. Unfortunately... going forward is going to be quite difficult...

((Luka is cornered in the Armory by Lamianos.
    Lamianos is a bastard.
    Shadow Stride is severely wounded.
    Ebon Flame just brought down the sky on slavers and slaves alike, and is targeted by several snipers, and is very likely wounded - perhaps mortally.
    Elestre has summoned an illusion, which the slavers ignore because they knew it was coming, and he has a few slavers taking potshots at him.
    Night Jewel is possibly knocked down/hurt by several dead bodies hurled at her by the psycho unicorn.
    Finder is pinned down, but okay.
    Eledwhen is no longer bored, at least.
    ....sorry. ))

[Tag: Everyone.]

-----

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky wordlessly makes a beeline for the bar.

[Tag: Purity, Benson, whoever is playing Martini.]
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Long Walk to Shattered Hoof]

Heimdalr gives a bit of a grunt in reply. Hippogriffs are pretty good at this, it should be noted. The whole grunting thing. No doubt due to mixed griffon and pony anatomy. ...or something.

Sivr nods slowly, shoving a few stray orangeish feathers out of her eyes. "One of Heimdalr's rules is that you don't enter into a Contract with anypony who won't meet with you. Good way to get yourself bucked up pretty bad. All that cloak and daggery stuff is nasty business."

The griffoness makes a rather sour face at the concept of cloak and daggery stuff in general. She seems to prefer the good old fashioned alternative of shooting somepony through the heart instead of stabbing them in the back.

How very noble of her.

"But the Mare? Why so interested in her? Those posters of her all over the place put my feathers on end."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Trappleoosa

Always work alone. ALWAYS BUCKING WORK ALONE. Grouping up has never once seen returns for Finder, or at least in his recent memory. Alright, he's trapped behind a convenient rock, but they don't seem to have much trigger discipline. Finder levitates his stormchaser hat off his head and takes a deep breath. This trick might work... once...

His eyes glaze over with the sheen of magic as he casts his focus spell, lifts his hat over the cover, and jumps the opposite direction towards a box. During the dive, the stallion gets a shot off. His revolver may not be a .50 caliber, but it still hurts and is pretty accurate.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #67

[Old Appaloosa]

Luka slinks into the armory.

It's empty.

Literally empty, devoid of both life and content. There are a few weapons and pieces of equipment scattered around - a pump-action shotgun, two 9mm pistols, a few sets of cheap combat barding, and an old Stealthbuck. But all the shelves are empty, the lockers are open, and every ammo crate is open and devoid of contents.

The armory is empty.

The slavers are armed.

And as the door shuts behind him, and the sounds of gunfire suddenly begin to echo throughout the city outside, Luka finds himself shadowed by the heavy armored and heavily armed form of Lamianos.
    The stable colt is very confused, the armory wasn't supposed to be empty, and guessing from the scattered things.... Oh crap

"What? w-where are the weapons? and where's-...?"
    He gets a look of the things scattered around....His eyes pointing at the Stealthbuck for a while, then the battle starts outside, with more guns than what were supposed to be there, he turns to Lamianos
    "Wha-....What's going on?"
    He asks, starting to doubt.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Back On The Road: To Shattered Hoof]

"Hmmm, yes, that would be the smart thing to do. But I was just getting hoofed money to do what I was going to do anyway, at the start. Seemed kinda silly to complain."
    Rusty gives a little shrug, an awkward motion that causes him to have to briefly stop walking, lest he fall due to his uneven hobbling.

"Oh well. I dug my grave. Silly to complain."
    Gotta accept what you've done to yourself, at the very least, if you'll accept nothing else.
    "As for why...you just said part of it. Why do all of those posters give you the feathery willies?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Old Appleoosa]

Well, CRAP.

Ebon is very lucky that the shield he cast that morning was still up, or he'd be a very dead pony about now. Even so, two .32-caliber rounds manage to bury themselves in his muzzle, and the .308 punches a nice hole through the shield. Also, his right shoulder.

"BWAHAHA-GAAAHHH!"

The combined forces shove him right off the rock, to a point that is thankfully fairly safe from sniper fire. On the bright side, he's not dead. On the less bright side, he's bleeding profusely and has two bullets lodged in him. Also, one of his legs is useless.

Suddenly, Ebon's mind gives him one clear motive: The healing potions in his saddlebag! Not entirely aware of his surroundings and just doing his best to stay alive, he shouts out painedly to Elestre:

"P-Potions! My saddlebag!"
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-19 at 11:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Old Appaloosa]

Night Jewel was, naturally, behind cover, not out in the open and exposed to flying bodies like a complete failure of a stealthy type. Flying corpses wouldn't hit her easily.

Great. Just great. Maybe I shouldn't have counted on doggish types to actually pull off a plan. Now I just need to salvage this situation...

She fell on her side and lay still, creating an illusion of fatal wounds on herself. With the other corpses around, fitting in would be easy.

All right, you monsters, bring it on.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky wordlessly makes a beeline for the bar.

[Tag: Purity, Benson.]

A Jump Cut Later

Gwendolyn is at a table with Lucky and Bright Eyes, sharing the free bottle of whiskey.

"No...Mister Lucky....I already said....I will not be dancing on any tables,"
    The griffon ruffled her feathers and gave Lucky a buzzed stink eye.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

A Jump Cut Later

Gwendolyn is at a table with Lucky and Bright Eyes, sharing the free bottle of whiskey.

[OH LOOK COMIC RELIEF!!]

Lucky is sitting across from her at the table, woozily swaying back and forth. The bandages around his mouth are pulled loose, and several empty shot glasses are on the table in front of him.

In response to Gwendolyn, he impatiently taps his hooves on the table and lets out a small stream of incoherent and slurred Latin babble.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Lucky is sitting across from her at the table, woozily swaying back and forth. The bandages around his mouth are pulled loose, and several empty shot glasses are on the table in front of him.

In response to Gwendolyn, he impatiently taps his hooves on the table and lets out a small stream of incoherent and slurred Latin babble.
    Bright Eyes poured herself some more liquor and watched with amusement. She seemed not to be too intoxicated yet, but with her personality, it was hard to tell. "I'd dance with you, but I have two left feet! Of course, you both do too... Well, I've got a feeling that this'll be a fun afternoon."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"You...had better not be saying...anything in-in-inappropriate there, boy...."
    She wagged a talon at Lucky as she then put dizzy focus on Bright Eyes.

"And you....stay spunky..."
    She laid her head on the table.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Gettin' Drunk At The Bar]

Lucky shakes his head. "Naw, naw, I wasn't sayin' nothin' bad. It was all child friendly... I think..."

He blinks a few times, before his mouth twists into a crooked smirk. "Now, if-if I did want to say surmthin... something inappropriate... heh..."

The drunken pegasus stands up, sways slightly, and then leans forward against the table, using both his forehooves and his wings for support. He levels his eyes with Gwendolyn, grins smugly, and then begins to recite a long stream of rather eloquent and impressively pronounced Latin.

A random Steel Ranger Scribe in the corner blushes furiously, and hastily holds an old book up in front of his now-red face.

Once done, Lucky plops back down into his seat, folds his forehooves over his chest, and leans back in his chair. "Checkmaaaaaate..." he croons drunkenly.

He then turns to Bright Eyes and chuckles. "Technically, no, she ain't got two left feet. She gotz a left paw and a claw left. Ceft flaw. Band saw. Left claw. There we go," he deadpans.

[Tag: Purity & Benson]
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-20 at 01:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Getting Inebriated]

Bright Eyes grinned at Gwendolyn. "Of course! Not like I'm going to get down because of a little drinking, right?"

She then turned back to Lucky. "You and your fancy linguistics. Feet are still feet whoever you meet, you know! Which reminds me of that time I found those ancient texts that turned out to be rather interesting poetry.

"Of course, Doctor Lucky, now I'd like to see you dancing or playing chess or something skilful just to see how you do."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Old Trappleoosa

Lamianos sighs, slowly aiming his weapons at Luka before saying "I'm sorry kid, I'm soon what's best for all of Equestria. You wouldn't understand. Our partners are dying so that Equestrias new age cannot be stopped, but do not worry. I will not have you killed.... Atleast as long as you don't try to say run off with a stealthbuck and a shotgun." he stomps a hoof and hollers, causing several armed slavers to come out "Speaking of which, here's the welcoming party. Bind and gag him down..... But don't even think of using him, he's MINE." Lamianos snarls before moving back towards the door "Now to kill everyone else off.... Wonder where Finder and that gal are...."

[TAG Luka, Lycan]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2016-05-02 at 06:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Old Trappleoosa

Lamianos sighs, slowly aiming his weapons at Luka before saying "I'm sorry kid, I'm soon what's best for all of Equestria. You wouldn't understand. Our partners are dying so that equestrias new age cannot be stopped, but do no worry. I will not have you killed.... Atleast as long as you don't try to say run off with a stealthbuck and a shotgun gun." he stomps a hoof and hollers, causing several armed slavers to come out "Speaking of which, here's the welcoming party. Bind and gag him down..... But don't even think of using him, he's MINE." Pamianos snarls before moving back towards the door "Now to kill everyone else off.... Wonder where Finder and that gal are...."

[TAG Luka, Lycan]
    The colt's just shocked now, he steps back a bit (closer to the equipment on the floor). But when the slavers come in, he's just furious
    "You....Sold us for "the greater good"?...You Bucking traitor-... "
    He's apparently frozen with rage and shock, he tries to see how many of the slavers are there and calculate his chances of doing something.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Back On The Road: To Shattered Hoof]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmmm, yes, that would be the smart thing to do. But I was just getting hoofed money to do what I was going to do anyway, at the start. Seemed kinda silly to complain."
    Rusty gives a little shrug, an awkward motion that causes him to have to briefly stop walking, lest he fall due to his uneven hobbling.

"Oh well. I dug my grave. Silly to complain."
    Gotta accept what you've done to yourself, at the very least, if you'll accept nothing else.
    "As for why...you just said part of it. Why do all of those posters give you the feathery willies?"
    Sivr pauses to consider that.

Okay.

Well.

She doesn't pause. She keeps walking. But she considers whilst walking. "I don't know. There's just this weird sense that she's... watching me, I guess? I know it sounds silly but..." a cough from the merc. "There used to be a big billboard of her outside Shatter Hoof. I could always see that damned thing staring in through my window when I was just a cub. I had the creeping suspicon that the giant pink pony was just waiting for me to mess up."

A shrug.

"I dunno. It's probably stupid but-"

"I know what you mean," Heimdalr pipes up. "Feels like she's watching. Glad they blew that ugly thing to splinters years ago."

The hippogriff glances over at Rusty. "Shattered Hoof used to be a prison years ago under the Ministry of Morale. There's all sorts of old pre-war stuff scattered around. Hard to escape that leering pink demon."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eledwhen jumps about three feet in the air and rushes over to Shadow Stride.

Miss Stride! She starts to panic and grabs a bit of the older mare's cloak in her teeth, trying to rips some off. If successful, she'll try and wrap it around the wound as best she can, clotting the blood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Old Appleoosa

Lamianos sighed as he turned around to look at Luka's rage. He trotted back over to the young colt and said wearily "I understand your anger, really I do. But this is all for your benefit. Look around you! This will be the stepping grounds for equestria's rebirth! I am truly sorry for what you have to go through to help the rebirth, but I will personally vow that you will not be harmed or kept against your will. Neither will Eledwhen, I would never think of that. This is merely a precautionary measure, to make sure you do not disturb this little bout we are having." Lamianos looks down and then back up, a smile underneath his helmet as he begins to say "The ponies outside? They have all made their choice in life. And that choice has been to not aid in this wonderful revolution, but to instead act as detriments. Look at them, Ebon flame is merely a bomb of anger ready to explode he even admitted it himself! Night Jewel, no better then a petty thief, stealing and taking what she wants and not aiding the growth of civilization. Finder is little better, a vulture that pecks away at the carcass of Celestia's once proud land. And poor Elestre, a by product of this necessary step in pony kind, really i'm just putting him out of his misery."

He continues, now with renewed vigor "But you and Eledwhen! You two have not been tarnished by this wasteland! You are still pure and able to see the true light that will save Equestria. Join me, help me in this endeavor, and together we can help better so many lives. A few generations may have to make sacrifices, but with everyone together we can truly fix what has been broken. If you comply, I shall take you in and give you purpose. If you reject, I will still let you free to be corrupted by the wasteland." he begins to circle around Luka now, his voice going into a kind of sing song

Celestia has smiled upon you this day
    The fate of Equestria in your hooves!
    And blessed be, the ponies we, who fight with all our bravery.
    Till only the righteous moves.
    I see the distant flames, they bellow in the night.
    We must fight in all our names, for what I know is right.
    And although this road is hard, and we may not carry on
    Though I die, this revolution lives on!

He stops in front of the colt, looking him in the eyes before saying "Please take my words to heart, I mean them."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #82

Old Appleoosa

Elestre gasped as his illusions vanished. "Okay, buck this, we're hight-hoofing outta here!"

The unicorn barely avoided a bullet that slammed into the ground beneath him. His horn glowed, then appeared to short out. The colt appeared to drag the heavily wounded stallion away, heading as quickly as was possible back towards New Appleoosa.

In reality, those were illusions, with the real two being invisible. Elestre quickly pulled a potion out of the saddlebag and gave it to Ebon. "I think we're safe for now, but just to make sure-" he whispered.

An invisible shield sprang into existence over the two, and with very focused magic, he slowly strengthened it until it could possibly hold up to some heavy beating. He spoke very softly. "Someone must have tipped them off. My beguiling did no good. I've got no melee spells, darn it! This is bad, very bad."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

[Gettin' Drunk At The Bar]

Lucky shakes his head. "Naw, naw, I wasn't sayin' nothin' bad. It was all child friendly... I think..."

He blinks a few times, before his mouth twists into a crooked smirk. "Now, if-if I did want to say surmthin... something inappropriate... heh..."

The drunken pegasus stands up, sways slightly, and then leans forward against the table, using both his forehooves and his wings for support. He levels his eyes with Gwendolyn, grins smugly, and then begins to recite a long stream of rather eloquent and impressively pronounced Latin.

A random Steel Ranger Scribe in the corner blushes furiously, and hastily holds an old book up in front of his now-red face.

Once done, Lucky plops back down into his seat, folds his forehooves over his chest, and leans back in his chair. "Checkmaaaaaate..." he croons drunkenly.

"I...don't...know what you said....but I feel I should...pop...you in the face,"
    The griffon raised a balled talon his way. slightly shaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Getting Inebriated]

Bright Eyes grinned at Gwendolyn. "Of course! Not like I'm going to get down because of a little drinking, right?"

She then turned back to Lucky. "You and your fancy linguistics. Feet are still feet whoever you meet, you know! Which reminds me of that time I found those ancient texts that turned out to be rather interesting poetry.

"Of course, Doctor Lucky, now I'd like to see you dancing or playing chess or something skilful just to see how you do."

Glub, glub glub @ the Tavern/Bar

"I don't...even.....know...what's up with the chess references...with that fool..." Glub, glub, glub.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Old Appleoosa]

Ebon somehow manages not to cry out in pain as the magical fluid runs down his throat, but an appearance of great relief washes over him as two bullets fall from the entry wounds even as they close up. The more severe wound to the shoulder doesn't quite heal, but the leg's at least usable again.

Then he notices the screaming and resists the urge to vomit. Those aren't the screams of slavers dying for their sins, but foals screaming for their parents and plenty of adults screaming for help, from anywhere.

"Oh, Celestia. No. No. No. This isn't happening."

Images dance through his mind: His father, skinned, with a ghastly scream permanently etched upon his face. His sister, screaming as one of the sociopaths mounted her again. His mother dumbfoundedly staring at her own entrails. Himself, walking tired away from a burning village.

"I... ...they're all dead. The slaves."

Is that... ...guilt?

"Whomever is responsible for this betrayal is going to burn alive."

Maybe then I'll be able to live with the guilt...

Shaking his head, the Unicorn regains his composure.

Can you get us into the city, where the snipers can't pick us off? Perhaps our allies yet live.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-20 at 03:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carnage at Old Appaloosa]

-in the armory-

The four slavers stare. "Did he just sing?" one mutters.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's tie up the kid..."

The slavers begin to encroach on Luka, two of them telekinetically picking up some ropes. "Don't worry kid, boss says we can't hurt ya. Deal's a deal. Just play nice, listen to the Ranger, and don't cause a fuss. Now hold still..."

-Elestre and Ebon-

The sniper fire falters for a moment as Ebon's spell rains down. A moment later, though, it resumes, though with a few less shooters.

The illusionary Ebon and Elestre make a break for it, the ground kicking up around them as stray bullets fall around them. The loud report of a powerful sniper rifle booms, and a .308 round strikes the back of illusionary Elestre's head.

Good thing that wasn't really him...

Though now there are bullets and buckshot pellets striking the boulder and plinking off the shield Elestre is trying to put up. It seems some of the slavers were able to realize that an undying unicorn is probably an illusion...

The firestorm has stopped, but the screams and cries of the slaves can still be heard. They are now less fearful, and more agonized or sorrowful.

-Night Jewel-

Night Jewel plays dead. Probably not a smart choice.

Rusty Chains surveys the strewn out corpses. "Heh. Play it safe. Flay 'em."

"With pleasure," the unicorn purrs with an almost ear-to-ear smile and an insane twinkle in her eyes. Her horn glows, the knives hovering around her begin to spin and whirl. The swirling half-dozen blades fly over to the nearest body, and in the blink of an eye, flay the skin from it's body. The whirlwind of steel then moves on to the next body... and will soon be making its way towards Night Jewel.

Uh oh.

-Eledwhen and Shadow-

Eledwhen rips back the Legion officer's hood, revealing a midnight blue mare with an onyx black mane. Her eyes are closed, and there's a rather vicious gash stretch all the way across the right side of her face, bleeding profusely. The impact seems to have stunned her.

As bullets fly overhead, Eledwhen tries to bandage the mare's face. "Traitor... Steel Ranger... Traitor..." he murmers in her daze. "You... run... Get away... Save... self..."

-Finder-

Finder's beloved hat is cut into pieces by a burst of machine-gun fire. As he shoots and dives for cover, the shooting pauses for a moment.

It resumes a second later, only now the bullets are passing from cover to cover. It seems the gunners have lost track of Finder, and are now just sweeping the gun around in an attempt to keep him suppressed.

The scavenger catches some movement out of the corner of his eye. Several slavers are now piling out of the train depot, whooping and howling as they raise their weapons and look for prey. And one has a rocket launcher.

Wonderful.

((Luka is about to be tied up.
    Lamianos is now a Disney villain.
    Ebon is wounded and pinned down.
    Elestre is also pinned down.
    Night Jewel need to think fast or be skinned alive.
    Shadow Stride is wounded and dazed.
    Eledwhen is leveling up her First Aid Skill.
    Finder is slightly pinned down.))

Tag: Everyone.

-----------------

[New Appaloosa drinking party]

Lucky grins cheekily. "I dunno... I can't remember what most of it means, actually. Just... how to say it..." he observes with a slight slur. "Some mares... take it as a compliment though..." He blinks. "Usually."

He then turns to Bright Eyes - almost falling out of his chair from the momentum of the movement - and frowns slighty. "Now listen, ain't I... already toldya I ain't... one them fancy doctor folks? An' naw, naw. You... you don't wanna see my dancin'..." he burbles.

[Tag: Purity & Benson]

26. - Top - End - #86

Old Appleoosa

As soon as the first bullet strikes the illusionary Elestre, it slumps over, blood trickling from the wound.

Elestre swore quietly. He said, "We'll for the nearest entrance to the city. I'll hold the invisibility up over us as long as I can here, and when it breaks, I'll fight them to the death. I'm just a useless kid. You're our only hope. If it comes to that, just leave me."

He moved away fom the shield, but still maintained it, as if they were still desperately holding out under it. He half ran, half dragged the stallion towards the town center, drawing as little attention as possible.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Trap]

Night Jewel quickly put her magic to work. One of Rusty's guns shifted and fired straight at the other unicorn's flank.

You should know that using firearms around mechanism-manipulators is a very bad idea.

She immediately darted for safety, eager to watch the results.

[Drinking Up]

"Come on, you silly colt! Dancing would be fun! Certainly more fun than just falling over from drinking too much, right?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-09-20 at 03:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Old Appleoosa - West

Ebon nods before going with Elestre. It's not necessary to drag him; He can at least trot.

Assuming that the pair makes it into the city, Ebon feels out for life signs, looking first for slavers and then for wounded or dying ponies that he might be able to drain life from.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Joining the Battle of Old Appleoosa

Lamianos smiles at the slavers as he finally starts leaving the armory, readying his systems and turning on his E.F.S. and S.A.T.S. Looking around he begins to assess threat priorities Let's see, Luka has had his wings theoretically clipped. No fireballs raining death and destruction, so Ebon and Elestre are probably out of the equation, which leaves Finder and Night Jewel. he begins to check his E.F.S. to find Finder and Night Jewel, ready to test out his new Grenade Launcher gun on live subjects.

The traitor goes on the prowl.

[Tag Lycan, MCerberus (If I find you), PIK (If I find you)]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn- What was in that whiskey??!

The griffon lady lazily drew a smile from her beak and tilted her head in a buzzed manner.

"I kinda...do...want to see you dancin'.....I...got a deals...I'll dance....if you dance....haha....."
    Derp. All coolness and dignity the griffon once had an air of, gone.