New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

[Science Fail]

Sergeant Sprinkles laughs heartily. The sound of his synthetic cackling is rather disconcerting.

"Hah! Actually, Smarty Pants, I'm authorized to brutally murder anyone suspected of being a zebra or a zebra sympathizer!" the robot gleefully proclaims. "Those orders supersede all others, and I'm perfectly fine with that! And don't think I'm fine with it because I'm programmed to like it. My advanced heuristic processing unit, logitech centers, AI programming, and all that other namby-pamby geeky bullcrap let me observe, analyze, and think for myself. And I think there's nothing more rewarding than skinning one of those stripped bastards alive while blaring patriotic anthems over their agonized screams," the robot leers sadistically, before letting out another bout of laughter.

Sweet Celestia. Self-aware or not, he's insane.

"Soooo..." he leans in slightly closer to Scoops, though he thankfully keeps the buzz-saw safely away from the pony, "Don't treat me like a brainless automaton you can play with. I'm a soldier. Not a servant."

What sounds like a spitting noise comes out of the robot's speakers. He then turns around, and begins to hover off towards the elevator. "Come on, maggots. Miss PV says I have to take you to the roof, an' I don't like disappointin' her."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The pegasus huffed; him, scared? Well...at least she didn't have to know his teeth were chattering. "Name's Fleetwing." he said cautiously. He kept his pistol proudly displayed, but made no move to pick it up. This Violetta seemed more lost than anything, and didn't look to be armed, but you never could tell with unicorns. At the end of the day, some spells were just as good as a rifle. "I was just...running. Putting some distance between me and some angry, confused folks." He glanced nervously out into the mists; so far, all was quiet. "Guess they figured I wasn't worth the trouble."

He turned back to the purple filly, making sure that horn of hers stayed nice and dim. "And what about you? You lost? Or just passing through?" Play it nice and cool, don't sound like you're accusing her or nothing, or else folks might think you want a fight.
    Violetta shook her head. "I don't even know what I'm doing here, wherever this is. I just found myself here, and I don't know of anywhere else.

"So what were they angry about? Did something go wrong?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale - 10:35 am

Fox Trot

"Indeed, better wiped than striped and all that,"
    I said as I followed. I didn't particularly sway any direction in regards to zebras, but I didn't want this thing under the assumption I was a zebra sympathizer. I liked my handsome face.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Violetta shook her head. "I don't even know what I'm doing here, wherever this is. I just found myself here, and I don't know of anywhere else.

"So what were they angry about? Did something go wrong?"
    "Nope, just some no-good ponies were sore I didn't want no part in their funny business. Rascals managed to turn the whole place on me on account of-wait, what?!" He poked at his ears, making sure they weren't playing tricks on him. No ringing, no fuzziness, he'd just heard what he just heard. "Now just hold up a second; you're saying you got no clue where you are, or what the hay you're doing up this far north?" He'd heard tales of ponies, addled by magic or a little too much to drink, waking up in the wastes with clean slates, but that's all that was; tall tales.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-28 at 02:26 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nope, just some no-good ponies were sore I didn't want no part in their funny business. Rascals managed to turn the whole place on me on account of-wait, what?!" He poked at his ears, making sure they weren't playing tricks on him. No ringing, no fuzziness, he'd just heard what he just heard. "Now just hold up a second; you're saying you got no clue where you are, or what the hay you're doing up this far north?" He'd heard tales of ponies, addled by magic or a little too much to drink, waking up in the wastes with clean slates, but that's all that was; tall tales.
    "Of course. All I know is it's cold up here." Violetta shook her head. "I don't know where I come from, either."

She struggled with her clouded mind, then figured out something else to say. "Where are you going? You can't go back, can you?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. All I know is it's cold up here." Violetta shook her head. "I don't know where I come from, either."

She struggled with her clouded mind, then figured out something else to say. "Where are you going? You can't go back, can you?"
    [Fleetwing - A Social Mastermind]

Fleetwing found himself stumbling over his own tongue. "I...I guess I can't. I suppose I was heading wherever there wasn't an angry mob out to get me, figure out where I could head next. Seeing how good my last lead turned out and all." If somepony could explain to him how the filly without a memory was somehow asking all the questions here, then he'd be eternally grateful.

Just then, a freezing wind cut through, sending him into a fit of shivers. "Augh, this ain't the place to be swapping pleasantries. How fast can you run, Violetta?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-28 at 04:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Towards Stable 29]

"Have your friends ever informed you that you shouldn't tell everypony that you're a spy?"
    So...obvious, when civilians are playing at war.

Swiss is appearing pretty terrible at the job pretty far, but maybe she settles in when crunch time approaches?
    Don't underestimate the mudponies...they've lived this long in what amounts to hell. There has to be something to them.
    Something the rest of the Enclave just isn't seeing.

Back to that ghoul thing.
    Down's voice sounds a little more sad through her mask, while she hovers a little lower.
    "Two-hundred years near death? That sounds terrible.
    Are there many ghouls?"

Just getting poisoned enough to not-quite die and become immortal...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Ministry of a-Morale

So hey, having a self-professed fully functional AI... that's a way to have a Ranger back off. Whadda just stands her ground and begins the dagger-glare against 'Sprinkles'. In her mind, she's more a soldier than any bucket of bolts could be. The mare avoided being put into scribe duty and even went through advanced recon training.

The ride up is going to be awkward.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Awkward rides are the best kind!

Everypony knows that!

Our group of heroes will be free to clamber onto the elevator! Though it will only respond to Sprinkles hitting the button that will take them to the roof for whatever odd reason.

Elevator music begins to play as the doors slide shut behind our heroes.

[Manehatten - Toward Stable 29]

Swiss slouches a bit at that reply and gives a little huff. Though as Down's attention turns to the other ponies a rather mischievous smile stretches over her face.

"Nnnope," Corn replies with a shake of his head. "Most of 'em have gone feral over the years. Few ghouls here and there with their minds left. Miss Ditzy Doo is probably the most famous. Pegasus that survived Cloudsdale gettin' blown to Tartarus. Wrote the Wasteland Survival Guide. Think she lives over in New Appleloosa?"

That gets a nod from Rye.

And then?

Down might be surprised to hear her own voice coming from behind her. "My friends are always telling me not to announce that I'm the spy to everypony."

Should she turn in her flight she'll find her perfect mirror, armor and all, flying along behind her. "But I've found it really helps when nopony takes me seriously."

Rye rolls her eyes, glaring back at the mock-pegasus. "Swiss, quit screwing around. Should you really even be letting her know that you can do that?"

There comes a sound of a raspberry being blown from behind Not-Down's mask. "She's helping us find Sour. And since she's helping us find Sour I may as well let her know about my signature spell instead of surprising her with it later, right? I think we should trust her."

Geeze. She's even seems to have Down's mannerisms and body-language mimicked. With a bit of personal information Swiss could probably impersonate Down flawlessly.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fleetwing found himself stumbling over his own tongue. "I...I guess I can't. I suppose I was heading wherever there wasn't an angry mob out to get me, figure out where I could head next. Seeing how good my last lead turned out and all." If somepony could explain to him how the filly without a memory was somehow asking all the questions here, then he'd be eternally grateful.

Just then, a freezing wind cut through, sending him into a fit of shivers. "Augh, this ain't the place to be swapping pleasantries. How fast can you run, Violetta?"
    "I don't know if I can run. I haven't figured out most of what I can do." Violetta pulled her cloak even more tightly around herself. "Getting out of this coldness would be good, though."

She flexed her legs, then started walking, gradually picking up her pace. She didn't want to jump right into running when she wasn't familiar with it. "Does it matter which way we go?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

"Doot doot dee dee doot..." Sergeant Sprinkles idly sings along with the elevator music.

The creepiness just doesn't stop, does it?

At least his optical units are back to pink, though.

"So, who are you folks, anyway? I hope you've got a good reason for snooping around the tower, and fer makin' Miss PV cry like that..." he growls, his eyes briefly flickering red before going back to pink.

[Tag: Whoever is in the MoM Hub group...]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Manehatten - MoM Hub]

-snip-

"So, who are you folks, anyway? I hope you've got a good reason for snooping around the tower, and fer makin' Miss PV cry like that..." he growls, his eyes briefly flickering red before going back to pink.

[Tag: Whoever is in the MoM Hub group...]

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale-Elevator - 10:38 am

Fox Trot

"Fox Trot, stallion debonaire, and amateur wastelander. We're here because there's some griffons in trouble,"
    I stated, I wasn't in the mood for lying.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know if I can run. I haven't figured out most of what I can do." Violetta pulled her cloak even more tightly around herself. "Getting out of this coldness would be good, though."

She flexed her legs, then started walking, gradually picking up her pace. She didn't want to jump right into running when she wasn't familiar with it. "Does it matter which way we go?"
    Fleetwing started walking as well, always staying ahead of her so at least he was the one choosing a direction. If she was a bandit or Raider, he figured he could take her, just so long as he didn't let her lead him into a trap. Still, if she was some sort of a trap, her sob story was making it harder and harder to be suspicious. "Violetta...I think you're gonna have a lot to learn about this world." His expression softened, and he glanced up at the sky, looking for that patch of light clouds that told him where the sun was. "Yeah, it matters a ton where we go. Most of the places in this world aren't safe, and you don't go to some cities unless you have a death wish. And I don't know how much food or water you're carrying, but we should probably get to where we're going in a hurry."

It took some searching, but the cowardly pegasus finally got his bearings. He had known roughly where the previous settlement was on a map, but he'd just run in a random direction for a good while; no telling where he was now. "Now if I got this right...I think there's a small settlement to the east that I haven't heard anything bad about. That might be our best bet." He started heading eastward at a brisk pace, looking back every few minutes to make sure Violetta was keeping up alright.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[North Equestria - Middle of Friggin' Nowhere]

There is, indeed, a settlement to the east. Or at least, there appears to be something. A small pillar of smoke is rising from under a partially collapsed highway overpass between two rocky hillsides.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fleetwing started walking as well, always staying ahead of her so at least he was the one choosing a direction. If she was a bandit or Raider, he figured he could take her, just so long as he didn't let her lead him into a trap. Still, if she was some sort of a trap, her sob story was making it harder and harder to be suspicious. "Violetta...I think you're gonna have a lot to learn about this world." His expression softened, and he glanced up at the sky, looking for that patch of light clouds that told him where the sun was. "Yeah, it matters a ton where we go. Most of the places in this world aren't safe, and you don't go to some cities unless you have a death wish. And I don't know how much food or water you're carrying, but we should probably get to where we're going in a hurry."

It took some searching, but the cowardly pegasus finally got his bearings. He had known roughly where the previous settlement was on a map, but he'd just run in a random direction for a good while; no telling where he was now. "Now if I got this right...I think there's a small settlement to the east that I haven't heard anything bad about. That might be our best bet." He started heading eastward at a brisk pace, looking back every few minutes to make sure Violetta was keeping up alright.
    "Not safe? What's going on?" Violetta followed as best she could, still confused. "I'll have to find a..." Her mind was still so clouded over that she had to search hard to find the right word. "...library, or something. Everything's too fuzzy."

There is, indeed, a settlement to the east. Or at least, there appears to be something. A small pillar of smoke is rising from under a partially collapsed highway overpass between two rocky hillsides.
    Violetta sniffed the air. "Well, better to go somewhere than nowhere." She then started trotting towards the smoke, eager to find out more.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[North Equestria - Middle of Frickin' Nowhere]

Atop the overpass, there was just the slightest tinge of motion. One would be forgiven for missing it, given that it was quite a distance away and mostly hidden. This motion happened to be that of a Ghoul staring down the scope of a modified Zebra Rifle, watching two ponies approach her...

...well, home wasn't really the right word. More like a temporary residence.

Anyway, a pegasus and unicorn were headed in that general direction. Even as she began to line up a shot, planning to cripple the Pegasus' wing before quickly disabling the Unicorn, she noticed something peculiar: They were chatting in a manner that seemed almost friendly, and there certainly wasn't an excess of blood on them, or anything similar.

These weren't raiders. These were a pair of travelers that had stumbled across the town by accident, much like she had. It would be rather cruel to kill them, especially without finding out what their purpose was beforehand.

Xiphr relented, lifting the rifle and slinging it upon her back. These two would have to be monitored closely if they had seen the town, but the current priority was alertness. Taking one of the numerous propaganda posters littering the streets, she wrote a simple message upon it, folded it, and allowed it to float down into the hamlet, before herself beginning her descent.

Note:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pegasus, Unicorn approaching. Lightly Armed. Not Raiders.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

[Fleetwing - The Middle of Nowhere]

"Not safe? What's going on?" Violetta followed as best she could, still confused. "I'll have to find a..." Her mind was still so clouded over that she had to search hard to find the right word. "...library, or something. Everything's too fuzzy."
    Fleetwing was starting to seriously consider getting his ears checked out. The pegasus turned to study his odd companion with a mix of confusion and wonder. "You really don't know anything about the world?" Now he was glad he didn't take her to one of the big cities; she'd be eaten alive there.

He opened his mouth to begin to explain, when something...odd, something rather odd stirred within him. Here was a mare, wide-eyed and innocent as a newborn foal. Was it really his place to dash her worldview into dust? But the more he pondered (and he silently pondered for quite a ways) the more he realized he couldn't turn her loose without giving her some idea of what she was getting into. Hay, she was already following him blindly, who's to say she wouldn't do the same for a Raider? Might as well shoot her in the head now, get it over and done with.

Finally, he spoke up again. "Look, this ain't gonna be good news, and I hate to be the one to tell you this, but here goes; this here land of Equestria? It's not such a great place. A lot of fighting happened a long time ago, a lot of things broke, the land included, and everything's gone to Tartarus since then. There's a lot of folks just fighting to stay alive, a lot of folks who live by taking from others, and some folks who just want to ruin as many lives as possible before they get theirs. Some folks are trying to fix things up, but nopony agrees on how to fix things, and all that ever happens is just more fighting. And that leaves all us little ponies scrapping together what we can to survive another day. At least, that's the short answer to your question. There's probably folks who study this sorta thing who can tell you more." He glanced back with a frown, watching how she took the news. "I'm sorry, but this ain't exactly a nice world we live in."

Violetta sniffed the air. "Well, better to go somewhere than nowhere." She then started trotting towards the smoke, eager to find out more.
    And so the two of them approached the town, with Fleetwing keeping a weather eye open for trouble. He failed to spot how close they'd come from being another two corpses laid out on the wasteland.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Yes, Ditzy Doo sounds...familiar..."
    Down was going to elaborate on that point, why the name seemed familiar.
    But then her voice crops up from somewhere other than her mouth.

Likely not for the first time in her life, Swiss has a gun pulled on her.
    Or, two novasurge rifles in this case.
    The Enclave pegasus had swung around pretty abruptly, dipping straight into a mobile stance.

Rye's scolding stops anything particularly regrettable from happening, though.
    Although the pegasus stays in her somewhat uncomfortable fight-or-flight position.
    "...Swiss?"

Never underestimate mudponies.

"My explanations quota for today best be getting filled up pretty quickly."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fleetwing was starting to seriously consider getting his ears checked out. The pegasus turned to study his odd companion with a mix of confusion and wonder. "You really don't know anything about the world?" Now he was glad he didn't take her to one of the big cities; she'd be eaten alive there.
    "What do you expect? My brain just started working a little while before you showed up. Of course I don't know about the world."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Finally, he spoke up again. "Look, this ain't gonna be good news, and I hate to be the one to tell you this, but here goes; this here land of Equestria? It's not such a great place. A lot of fighting happened a long time ago, a lot of things broke, the land included, and everything's gone to Tartarus since then. There's a lot of folks just fighting to stay alive, a lot of folks who live by taking from others, and some folks who just want to ruin as many lives as possible before they get theirs. Some folks are trying to fix things up, but nopony agrees on how to fix things, and all that ever happens is just more fighting. And that leaves all us little ponies scrapping together what we can to survive another day. At least, that's the short answer to your question. There's probably folks who study this sorta thing who can tell you more." He glanced back with a frown, watching how she took the news. "I'm sorry, but this ain't exactly a nice world we live in."
    Violetta listened intently. She didn't seem too shocked or disheartened, surprisingly. Instead, something else stirred inside her. "...Looks like I've found something to do."

She thought about this for a bit, "So what was this fighting over? Is it something that's still going on, or have the reasons been forgotten?"

Then her ears perked up. "Say, did you hear something?"

20. - Top - End - #110

"And there's plenty of crazy abominations for you to primary objective upon," Whadda states coldly. Wow she's an ice-queen when dealing with rogue AIs.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Violetta listened intently. She didn't seem too shocked or disheartened, surprisingly. Instead, something else stirred inside her. "...Looks like I've found something to do."
    Well that was surprising, to say the least. And just a tad ominous. Fleetwing didn't have long to contemplate this, as she soon piped up again...

She thought about this for a bit, "So what was this fighting over? Is it something that's still going on, or have the reasons been forgotten?"
    The pegasus shrugged. "Somepony probably knows, but that pony ain't me." He looked ahead at the settlement, carved out of the ruins of some pre-war structure. What was once a magnificent marvel of engineering was little more than a landmark to find a few huts. "Whatever it was, I sure hope it was something important."

Then her ears perked up. "Say, did you hear something?"
    Fleetwing suddenly tensed up, ready to sprint off at the slightest provocation. "What? Where?! What'd you hear?!" He shifted, moving his Peashooter within easy reach. His eyes darted back and forth across the Wasteland, but apart from the little settlement, there were no signs of life.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Hub Elevator]

Sergeant Sprinkles' optical sensors whir slightly as they tilt towards Fox Trot. "So in other words, you ain't got no idea what yer doin' out here, yer just along for the ride. Am I right? Of course I'm right," he mutters, his "eyes" whirring back towards the elevator door. "Don't worry, though. I've seen fresh recruits, much more pathetic whelps than yerself, go on to be badass buckers who wore tattered zebra pelts as trophies in the field." A pause. "I've seen a lot of things in my days..." he mutters in a distant manner.

He then turns slightly, whirring his optics over to Scoops. "Abominations, ya say? What sort? Taint? Mutant? Alicorn? Escaped Ministry experiment of a highly classified nature? Whatever it is, I'm guessin' it has them griffins ya mentioned pinned down. Funny. Seems like they'd just, ya know, fly off." A few of his mechanical limbs flex, as if he's shrugging.

23. - Top - End - #113

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Elevator music continues to play!

They should reach the roof here in just a few moments.

Meanwhile!

Nails is... fixing the severed wires? Maybe? Getting PV-4's sensors on line would drastically increase the chances of the ponies heading to the roof not dying horribly.

"Probably not the best ah ideas to surprise her with it, Swiss," Corn laughs, apparently finding this whole situation rather amusing.

"It's spoooooky magic!"
    Swiss explains in a totally non-explaination. And waves her hooves in a suitably spooooooky fashion. Then a wash of candy red magic streams over the mask, replacing it with the previously-unicorn's face. She's grinning a whole lot. "Should I keep going with the whole shebang?"

Rye rolls her eyes. "Well, if we're trusting her this far we might as well. She already knows about Sour and your magic. Let's just leap head over hooves into the irradiated pool and splash around."

"Hahaha! Okay! Rye's real name is Foresight, cuz that's what she does. Ever try fighting a pony that knows that you're going to do before you do? It's funny to watch."

Rye just shakes her head and gives her tail a flick. "I really don't like bragging about it..."

"Between Taint poisoning and some sorta healing talisman stuck in his guts Corn's nearly impossible to kill,"
    Swiss continues, pointing a hoof at her friend.

"Eeeyup," replies the huge earth pony. Who saw that reply coming?

"And me? I'm Allomyrina," she gives one of her legs a flick, the black carapace of the armor being consumed in that candy red flame and is replaced with!

...black carapace armor. Just full of holes.

Swiss peers through her foreleg at Down and grins like a madpony. Then the rest of her pony-body is burned away. "A Changeling. Betcha can't guess how I got my nick-name!"

Her voice drops to an easily heard stage-whisper. "Here's a hint, it has something to do with all the holes."

The snaggle-toothed bug pony thing then starts laughing.

Corn laughs along with her. "You're an odd duck, Swiss. Don't reckon I tell ya that often enough. Heh, well. That's all of us. And ya already heard about Miss Moondancer, aka Sauerkraut. So what are you bringin' to our little game, miss? Fancy armor and guns I reckon."

Rather out of the blue Rye says, "We need to take cover. We'll have company in a moment."

Nothing has even shown up on Down's EFS yet. And considering that TRSG! just took cover under a ruined overpass they seem to be taking Rye's warning seriously.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"And there's plenty of crazy abominations for you to primary objective upon," Whadda states coldly. Wow she's an ice-queen when dealing with rogue AIs.

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale-Elevator - 10:38 am

Fox Trot

Well this was a surprising attitude, guess I had this one pegged wrong. "You alright there?" I asked lowering my head.

[Manehatten - MoM Hub Elevator]

Sergeant Sprinkles' optical sensors whir slightly as they tilt towards Fox Trot. "So in other words, you ain't got no idea what yer doin' out here, yer just along for the ride. Am I right? Of course I'm right," he mutters, his "eyes" whirring back towards the elevator door. "Don't worry, though. I've seen fresh recruits, much more pathetic whelps than yerself, go on to be badass buckers who wore tattered zebra pelts as trophies in the field." A pause. "I've seen a lot of things in my days..." he mutters in a distant manner.

"Not what I said, but whatever, Sprinkles."
    This was such a long elevator ride, I felt myself slinking over to the wall and leaned against it with a small sigh.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down seems to have met up with a group of...freaks and mutants?
    Or, at least, that's what she would say if she was a completely insensitive jerk.

"Well aren't you all...unique..."
    But she's not, no matter what her (veiled) leery glances at Swiss seem to be implying, and the fact that her tail seems slightly more active and twitchy than usual.

"I'm assuming you're unique. And not clever liars. This isn't common, right?"
    Also changeling? The hell is a changeling? Some sort of freakish taint mutant?
    The vaguest similarities to her armor though...completely coincidental, she's sure.
    "So many ques-"

The pegasus drops down to the ground readily enough as everypony(changeling) else does, snapping to an alert gaze as she goes.
    "Which direction?"
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #116

Ministry of a-Morale

Whadda is mostly just in a bad mood next to something you never want to force a Ranger to be next to without imminent destruction. Of course she couldn't talk about the latter. The former was mostly a little too personal for somepony she just met yesterday... Gushing about how you're a horrible pony isn't something you do around acquaintances.

"If you must know today just got weird too fast. Now I'm in an elevator with a hunk of junk,"
    her eyes narrow. "Who seems pretty well informed about threats in the wasteland."

After a moment she blinks and tries to go back to her bubbly nature. Speaking of which. "Or it could be low blood sugar. It's been hours since my last drink!" Well that's true only of soda, Fox may remember seeing Whadda hitting the coffee pretty hard. Doesn't stop her from chugging down a cola pretty quickly though.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ministry of a-Morale

Whadda is mostly just in a bad mood next to something you never want to force a Ranger to be next to without imminent destruction. Of course she couldn't talk about the latter. The former was mostly a little too personal for somepony she just met yesterday... Gushing about how you're a horrible pony isn't something you do around acquaintances.

"If you must know today just got weird too fast. Now I'm in an elevator with a hunk of junk,"
    her eyes narrow. "Who seems pretty well informed about threats in the wasteland."

After a moment she blinks and tries to go back to her bubbly nature. Speaking of which. "Or it could be low blood sugar. It's been hours since my last drink!" Well that's true only of soda, Fox may remember seeing Whadda hitting the coffee pretty hard. Doesn't stop her from chugging down a cola pretty quickly though.

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale-Elevator - 10:39 am

Fox Trot

Dang, an upset mare, and it wasn't even my fault this time. I flashed her a small smile. "Hey, Miss Whadda Scoops, if we don't die out here, remind me to buy you a Sparkle Cola, two if we're not missing any limbs." Wink.

28. - Top - End - #118

"What, me personally? I can be sneaky if I feel like it. But I've got a good feeling about you!" Swiss prods a corroded hoof at Down, chattering in that oddly chittering voice of hers. "Ponies don't come to the aid of other ponies out here in the Wasteland very often. We're always looking for somepony to add to our little band of heroes."

And then hiding!

Swiss, for her part, is clinging to the underside of the overpass.

Upside down.

And peering out from under it up at the sky. Which happens to be the general direction Rye had pointed. Rye and Corn have taken cover under some crumbled concrete pillars.

Aaaaand now some red bars are appearing on the EFS. Three of them. And approaching fast.

"More manticores,"
    Rye breaths through clenched teeth. "Coming from the direction we're headed. Must be going the right way."

Unless harassed somehow the flying lion critters will go sailing overhead without noticing the hidden ponies.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[MH - MoM Hub Elevator]

Sprinkles growls in Fox Trot's direction. "Sergeant Sprinkles."

His eye-stalks then whir back over to Scoops, though their light is currently pink instead of aggressive red. "I have served the great nation of Equestria for over 215 years. This is not my first rodeo, ma'am," he states, his mechanical voice sounding... weary? "I have performed frontline operations against fortified Zebra positions, rooted out Zebra sympathizer cells in downtown Fillydelphia, and watched as everything and everyone I ever fought to protect burned around me. I have defended MoM interests against mutants, monsters, and outsiders who would scavenge the last remnants of our proud society. I have ventured out into the 'Wasteland' as you call it quite a few times, checking distress signals, verifying the status of MoM operations, and recovering needed intel and material. I'm not informed. I'm experienced. And I'm not a hunk of junk," he growls in annoyance, his "eyes" temporarily flaring red before fading back to pink.

Never judge a book by its garishly pink cover...

After a moment of silence, he flatly asks: "Would you like some water?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Only three manticores...

Swiss, sadly, is denied further small talk at the moment as Down considers the situation rather thoroughly.
    And trying not to stare at the weird bugpony above her.

Turns out thinking about murder is a good way to do this though.

She thinks quickly, compiling options and logically assessing possibilities.
    "We should kill them now, while we have the element of surprise.
    If we let them go, they may show up later while we are rescuing your friend."

The pegasus is already lining up her shots here, the targeting systems flicking a version of VATS on and off, preparing to send her vicious rifle bolts towards the bellies of the monsters at the first sign of agreement from the others.

She won't act alone here, selfishly exposing the entire group on a hunch they don't agree with.
    Absentee Spirit