New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Corn doesn't seem to happy about the pegasus taking point. Especially considering that his armor is thicker. And his body can take absurd amounts of punishment. Those bullet wounds from earlier are already gone. "If'in anythin' goes and jumps out feel free ta take cover behind me, Miss Down. I can take hard knocks 'n laugh 'em off."

The power of laughter is truly a potent one.

Swiss and Rye take up the rear. The earth pony has her scatter-beam shotgun ready to obliterate anything dumb enough to try jumping her. The changeling gives her a sidelong glance and twitches her two goat-like ears one after the other in quick succession. The brown mare simply shakes her head in reply.

As our heroes press further into the flickering recesses of the Stable it isn't long before they begin finding writing on the walls. Childish pictures of hills and flowers and smiling suns. Of little stick ponies and little stick homes. And the word PLAY! over and over again.

All painted out in a rusty brown pigment. A coppery, nauseating scent hangs heavy in the hall.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Ministry of a-Morale

"I believe you're forgetting a title there," Scoops replies to the griffon rather sternly. "When we get out of here I'll be more than happy to put you through to the storm you've stirred up by calling for help."

She's not very excited to have any resistance to this, of course, so she misses the whole sad mess and just sort of files Surprise's words in the back of her mind.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Girdershade

Fleetwing patted his little pistol. "Don't you fret; I can handle myself alright. I'm so careful, I hardly ever have to use this little number here." Mostly because if he did have to use it, then that usually meant he was outgunned. And if he was outgunned, then he was probably better off just running for the hills. But she didn't have to know that.

"As for when we leave," he turned to look at Violetta. "I think we ought to get settled in that shed first."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-08 at 08:47 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Soda Fizz nods. "Alrighty then. Just talk to Bucky, and he should be able to help you get settled in. I'll be here when you get back!"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade]

Violetta nodded at Fleetwing. "I can't argue with either of those things. As I recall, you're so careful that you tried to run and hide when we met. Anyway, let's get settled. As I recall, you had some things you were going to explain to me."

She trotted outside and stepped up to Bucky. "Your friend says to talk to you about where to stay. Is everything ready?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Girdershade]

Violetta nodded at Fleetwing. "I can't argue with either of those things. As I recall, you're so careful that you tried to run and hide when we met. Anyway, let's get settled. As I recall, you had some things you were going to explain to me."
    Fleetwing coughed awkwardly as he stepped out after her. "Well, you never can be too careful, I always say..."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    She trotted outside and stepped up to Bucky. "Your friend says to talk to you about where to stay. Is everything ready?"
    Fleetwing trotted out behind her, trying to look his best like a pegasus who hadn't oogled anything he wasn't supposed to. Thankfully, that little business deal had given him to calm down from...whatever it was Soda was thinking of doing, so he did a decent job of it. Just his normal twitching, and Bucky could take that as he would.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Bucky snorts, and begins to slowly trot towards the shed. "Alright. Come on..."

As he leads them away, he glances back and forth between them. "Let me guess. Fizz asked you to go look for that stupid truck?"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Girdershade

"As a matter of fact, she did," Fleetwing responded, brows furrowed in confusion. "How'd you know that? She been asking about it a lot?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Spring near Girdershade]

"Aaaah, that's exactly what I needed..."

...How does an ungulate perform a backfloat? Well, it doesn't matter. The ghoul is somehow floating.

"So, mostly out of curiosity, what do you remember? I'd love to hear your story."

10. - Top - End - #280

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

DING!

The elevator opens at the thirty second floor of the building!

Like everything else the place looks like a fire came rushing through here. Barbecued skeletons everywhere. Though oddly enough the floor housing Pinkie's office is probably the most normal yet. Instead of bakeries and crazy party rooms it looks like... well... like a normal office space.

With cubicals and everything!

Weird.

"Well you'll have to excuse me regarding the call for aid," Blackbeak replies with a roll of her eyes as she steps into the room. "Nopony mentioned in the briefing that my Wing would be taking on a flock of nearly impervious demi-gods that can kill a griffon by giving them the ol' stink-eye."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade]

"She did indeed. And you seem not to like it. Is there something especially bad about it, or is it just your natural demeanour?"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Bucky frowns. "Natural demeanor."

"Fizz has asked every merchant and traveler who passed through here about going to check out that truck. I'd do it, but I can't leave Fizz here all alone, and I'd rather not run afoul some mutant critter all by myself. But..." he narrows his eyes. "Maybe we can work out a deal? I know how much she wants the stuff in that truck. Especially those special sodas. Tell you what. If you bring me back those special sodas, and tell her that somepony else already got 'em, I'll make it worth your while. Then I can surprise her, and she'll be so happy with me that she'll finally stop playing hard to get," he smirks.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade]

"...I don't suppose you can offer giant flaming explosives?" Fleetwing asked dryly. If he were the type to criticize, he'd wonder aloud about how a pony such a Fizz could pull off playing hard to get, when all a pony would need to do is dress up as a bottle of Sparkle Cola and she'd be theirs. But he wasn't, so he didn't.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

"Aaaah, that's exactly what I needed..."

...How does an ungulate perform a backfloat? Well, it doesn't matter. The ghoul is somehow floating.

"So, mostly out of curiosity, what do you remember? I'd love to hear your story."
    The alicorn just perks up
    "M-My story?...."
    Then after a bit she just sighs and returns to having her eyes closed while catloafing

"I....Don't exactly remember much, I just remember a....Bright flash of light or something like that, then... I think I didn't exactly feel like being myself in the Unity.... But I remember doing... Things I can't feel proud of, instead they could leave a mark of guilt, yet the others seemed completely ok with it... But I wasn't as much as them.

I think that made them doubt, but before something happened, we were somewhere around... Canterlot was it?... I was myself again... And I could remember some things, from before the flash, I think; the others started looking for me... But I remembered enough to want to walk away and escape. Started wandering around for....I kind of lost track, but I think it was 2 days."
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-09 at 10:15 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade]

Violetta shook her head. "I'll have to think on that one, but I have my doubts. I'd rather see what you're offering before we get into this, since you're asking for more. If you want help getting Fizz to like you, I could ask her about it." Or you could tone down that attitude of yours.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Bucky smirks. "Oh yeah, those schematics of hers. Listen bud, I've seen 'em, and I can tell you that you've got as much chance of killing yourself as you do somebody else. Plus, all the trouble of finding the ingredients and tools you need. No, my friend, what you'd rather want is..."

Bucky telekinetically draws his shotgun from it's holster, and cracks it open to eject the shells. He then hovers the sawn-off over to Fleetwing.

"The Kneecapper. Take a look. 12 gauge, double-barrel, sawn off, pistol grip, balanced weight, sturdy stock... Bring me back those drinks, and it's yours," he grins, levitating the weapon back to its holster.

He then tilts his head back towards his house. "Don't worry, I've got other weapons. My name ain't Buckshot for nothing."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Girdershade

A little line of drool dripped down Fleetwing's open mouth as he examined the gun. From a distance, it hadn't looked like anything special, but up close, well, Bucky had certainly earned his cutie mark. If only he'd stumbled upon this little crazy corner of the Wasteland earlier...

[Knowledge] With the eye of an expert, the pegasus examined the fancy shotgun as much as he could. Bucky's initial claims would be relatively easy to verify, but perhaps there were a few other perks he'd failed to mention. That, and he wanted to be sure a non-magical pegasus could wield the weapon.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Office of suspicious normality

With the elevator open and stuff actually ready to be done, Scoops just ignores the protest of the group that needed help and moves in sword in mouth. The terrain is sort of worrying, as is the fact that this place may not have ventilated well.

"Lots of corners, keep eyes around," the mare recommends eyes briefly glancing over a pinned up 'Dilbuck' comic strip that wasn't funny. "Also wouldn't surprise me if there's some taint radiation around just because. So if anypony has a way of detecting it... I mean there's one of those little warning strips on my armor but still."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - MoM Hub

~Tick tick tickety~

Sergeant Sprinkles floats past Wadda, small little clicks echoing from his vox speakers in a fashion similar to a Geiger counter. "I'll take point," he states gruffly. "Don't need any of you meatbags getting internally cooked or mutated. The stuff can't hurt me, and if there's an ambush, I can shrug off a hit better than most of ya..."

Girdershade

Buckshot wasn't lying. That's a damn good shotgun. It'll rattle your teeth if you're firing it from the mouth, but whoever is on the other end is gonna be hurting a whole lot worse...

((OOC: The Kneecapper does extra damage to legs, with a higher chance of critical and/or crippling hits.))
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-10 at 01:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-32th Floor- 10:53 am

Fox Trot

I won't lie, this personality of Whadda's was a little frightening, in a...relentless way, a tonal shift. I was uncomfortable. I needed an adult. Preferably a hot mare.

"Miss PV-4...I mean...Miss Surprise Party, I'll find this Pinkie Pie for you, give her an honorable bury.."
    I glanced around at my ruined surroundings and felt myself overwhelmed. I glanced back at the remaining griffons and wanly frowned.

"Sorry about your buddy.."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Girdershade

Ohhhhhhh mama...that was the gun of a pony who didn't take to being messed with. Sure, he'd probably loose a tooth or two if he made a habit of using it, but a little grip modification would fix that right up. Ohhh yes, he'd love to see the angry mob willing to run him out of town once he got his hooves on that baby. Er, wait, he wouldn't actually like to see them, because that would mean they'd be a pretty ornery mob, but...aw, shoot, he knew what he meant.

"Bucky, I have to thank you for not shooting us on sight, 'cause now I know exactly how much it'd hurt," he said with a chuckle as he passed the shotgun back, and left his foreleg extended for a hoofshake. "You got yourself a-" Wait, didn't he just do this a moment ago? With Soda Fizz, inside her own house, no less? The pegasus frowned and half-withdrew his hoof. "I...we kinda already made a deal with Soda Fizz..." He found himself looking to Violetta, hoping she'd speak up and get him out from between this rock and a hard place. On the one hoof, he couldn't break the promise he'd made to Soda Fizz. On the other, he couldn't bring himself to turn down that sweet, sweet shotgun.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-10 at 09:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I'm sorry, that must have been traumati-"

Xithr leans up a bit, and gives Gleamy Eye a strange look.

"...You were in Canterlot? Pink Cloud and all?"

She seems genuinely confused but thoughtful, as if she's on the verge of a breakthrough but missing some critical piece of information.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

"Just a warning everypony, I don't control any of the defenses on this floor," comes Surprise's voice from the elevator. "So there might be some of Pinkie's security robots still lurking around. And... a lot of robots have gone kinda crazy over the past two hundred years. Be careful."

Well.

That's never very comforting.

Blackbeak sighs at Fox Trot's comment. "We're Talons. We always have to consider the possibility that we won't be coming home from a job. Divebomb and Swiftwing were good griffons. And we'll honor their memory by getting this job done and getting it done well."

There comes a crackling sound over the speakers as a song begins to play. It might have been up-beat and cheerful originally. But now... it sounds downright disturbing through the distorted equipment. Here and there charred posters hang, reminding everypony to smile.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-10 at 11:24 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehatten - Stable 29]

Corn doesn't seem to happy about the pegasus taking point. Especially considering that his armor is thicker. And his body can take absurd amounts of punishment. Those bullet wounds from earlier are already gone. "If'in anythin' goes and jumps out feel free ta take cover behind me, Miss Down. I can take hard knocks 'n laugh 'em off."

The power of laughter is truly a potent one.

Swiss and Rye take up the rear. The earth pony has her scatter-beam shotgun ready to obliterate anything dumb enough to try jumping her. The changeling gives her a sidelong glance and twitches her two goat-like ears one after the other in quick succession. The brown mare simply shakes her head in reply.

As our heroes press further into the flickering recesses of the Stable it isn't long before they begin finding writing on the walls. Childish pictures of hills and flowers and smiling suns. Of little stick ponies and little stick homes. And the word PLAY! over and over again.

All painted out in a rusty brown pigment. A coppery, nauseating scent hangs heavy in the hall.
    Down briefly wonders if Corn is just being noble or something similarly silly. Maybe he's just used to taking point and wants his job back.

Doesn't matter. An acknowledging nod is given to Corn's offer, as they continue onwards.
    Onwards deeper into one of the primary reasons she believes the Enclave acts the way it does.

She pauses as she looks at the drawings on the walls, haltingly reaching out a hoof to touch them.
    "This is..."
    Discipline falters slightly, as a distraught tone creeps into her voice.
    "There are still children in here?"
    Or were? The drawings seem dry...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #295

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

He's being noble AND smart! His armor is pretty darn durable and so is he! The huge earth pony is keeping a weary eye out through that weird face-plate of his. Wonder where he got that thing, anyway? It doesn't look like it belongs to Steel Ranger armor. Though... it has a bit of a home made feel to it as well.

"Blood," Swiss ventures. "Somepony has been painting on the walls with blood."

She sounds nauseated by that thought. Sure Raiders have some pretty repulsive ideas regarding interior decorating... but this is a different beast completely. If not for the macabre 'paint' it would be unsettlingly normal.

"Lots of foals down here, miss," comes a voice from not too far away. One of the doors to somepony's room is ajar and shadowy movements can be seen just beyond the threshold. "Will you play with us?"

Rye reaches out to prod Down with a hoof. Should the pegasus glance back Rye will mouth the words, 'Play along.'

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Down doesn't need to be prodded too much.
    She's frowning in her mask, a tightly held mixture of concern and horror, but she takes a few steps towards the open door.

There are children...

"How many...um, what game are we playing?"
    Children wouldn't necessarily know their numbers...but playing their game may earn their trust.
    Trust is needed to draw them out of this hellhole, right?
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #297

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

The foal laughs.

And the speakers in the dead Stable echo with a crackling titter.

With a groan the door eases open further as the abomination that stood beyond skitters into the hallway. At first it might very well be mistaken for a foal. Its coat is a bright orange and a pretty lilac mane and tail adorn it. But a closer look betrays that the thing moves quite unnaturally, its skin shifting about its body as if it were nothing more than a sack.

In place of pony legs are four hideous black metallic spidery looking limbs, hooves dangling limply near the ground. From its back sway a quartet of cables ending in various manipulator limbs. A dull red glow peers out from behind its stitched together face.

More scribbling of metal on metal can be heard approaching in the distance.

"I dunno!" the thing wearing a pony's skin replies brightly. "What's your favorite game?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Shoot it.

Down becomes visibly, and briefly, alarmed. Her right wing flicks out in a fight-or-flight response, as her tail flicks its blade ever so slightly.
    Once again, her mask rescues her from revealing the look of outrage on her face.
    "Oh, I was always fond of Hide and Seek."

Look at it! Kill it!

Her wing settles down a bit and she glances off past towards the other sounds.
    "Can't say I've ever played it inside before though."

Why? How did this happen?
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #299

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Swiss looks sickened.

Corn is... not moving.

Rye looks really really angry. She knew something was coming. Something... awful. But that knowledge didn't prepare her for that. Nothing could have prepared her for that.

"Oooh! I LOVE hide and seek! I know all the best hiding spots in the Stable," the abomination giggles. Yes. Giggles. It is a horrible staticy sound that grates at the ears. "Oh Friend Computeeeeer~!" the thing that's wearing a filly lutes. "We're going to play Hide and Seek with our new friends! And you're IT!"

With another staticy giggle the robot goes bounding down the hall, its hooves flopping lifelessly against its spidery legs. It is joined by a chorus of disembodied foalish laughter from round about the Stable.

And then?

There comes a resounding bass THOOOOOOOOOM from the speakers.

"Activating Hide and Seek Sentinels. Seeking Tee-minus sixty seconds and counting. Find your hiding places my little ponies," the voice sounds like a mare's... Though it is clearly synthesized and something about it is more than a little unsettling. The sort of voice that betrays scarcely contained insanity.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-10 at 04:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

"I'm sorry, that must have been traumati-"

Xithr leans up a bit, and gives Gleamy Eye a strange look.

"...You were in Canterlot? Pink Cloud and all?"

She seems genuinely confused but thoughtful, as if she's on the verge of a breakthrough but missing some critical piece of information.
    She nods
    "Memories are foggy about it, but yes, the Pink cloud was there....I think"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show