New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[!!SCIENCE!!]

"Oh, whoops." Violetta chuckled. "It is a mite hard to aim when your entire body is in intense searing pain."

Her attempt to levitate a rock nearby failed completely. The magic didn't even try to flow properly. "Huh. Maybe that's not what my power is meant for. Well, at least battle magic will come in handy in these lands, assuming I can avoid..." She cast another little fireball, this time aiming away from Fleetwing. "...Ah, yes. Now the pain is gone. This will make things easier."

[Violetta increases Firebolt by 1]

"Anyway, now that we've made a bit of progress, why don't we head for that truck we were supposed to check out? You're no longer the only one who can fight properly."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

[Science! I said Science, again!]

Fleetwing frowned as he watched her struggle to lift a simple rock. Just what sort of unicorn had she been where a fireball came easier than TK? He'd have to keep an eye on her, not to mention keep a bucket of water handy. He trotted out hesitantly from behind the rock. "If you say so, I guess we can move out. I suppose you'd know best what you're ready for magic-wise. Stay close, and follow my lead."

With a bit more firepower on their side, he'd set off towards that Sparkle Cola truck. Part of him wished the big-name sodas would be long-gone, and they wouldn't have to choose who to side with. But on the other hoof, no fancy soda meant no fancy weapon. And as much as it pained him to admit it, Bucky was right; a shotgun was worlds easier to use and maintain than grenades. Not to mention safer. But could he, in good conscience, break his deal with Soda Fizz?

No matter what, this was going to be tough. And they hadn't even caught sight of the truck yet.

[Tag: Lycan, but Fleetwing will respond if talked to]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Spring near nowhere]

The Ghoul nods understandingly.

"If you don't know how to voice your questions, why not try giving voice to something that confuses you? I might be able to give you the answers you seek regardless of phrasing."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Spring near nowhere]

The Ghoul nods understandingly.

"If you don't know how to voice your questions, why not try giving voice to something that confuses you? I might be able to give you the answers you seek regardless of phrasing."
    "....I don't know... I just want to know who I was, and what to do, and I think I'm not completely sure of.... Things, what am I into?" says the alicorn, still in that spot of the spring.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Sergeant Sprinkles notices the griffin hefting the plasma weapon at the last moment. "Aw crap," he growls, before firing a frantic thrust from his propulsion unit. He veers wildly to the side, just as the cloud of sprite-bots he was fighting with is enveloped in a blast of energy. The electromangnetic effects fries one of Sprinkles' manipulator arms - it hangs down limply at his side, the claws dragging on the floor.

The robo-Sarge analyzes the scene. Enemies scattered - the way is clear. Briefly.

"BLITZ!!" Sergeant Sprinkles barks, charging further into the office. "Move while they're stunned! Ranger Gal, if you can find a control panel up ahead, I'll cover ya! Maybe ya can turn 'em off!"

[Middle of Nowhere]

It's going to take an hour or two to get to the truck. Along the way, Fleetwing and Violetta have plenty of time to talk. Or chase after a radscorpion they see scuttling about in the distance...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-14 at 08:01 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Wanderin']

"I guess some of it is sort of instinctual, so if I-" Violetta's ears twitched. "...What's that bug?"

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

[Wanderin']

Fleetwing squinted into the distance; his eyes weren't so great on the far-aways. "That there would be...a radscorpion? Yep, radscorpion, I can see the tail." He instinctively started leading them on a course to give the critter a wide berth. "Nasty little buggers. Giant bugs, with sharp claws and poison in them tails of theirs. They'll try and eat you up if you get close, but we should be alright if we keep our distance. Though they sometimes hunt in packs..." He turned to scan the wastes ahead of them, taking his attention off of Violetta for a few moments.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-15 at 07:52 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Many of the spritebots are down! But not all of them are down for the count. Most Equestrian electronics are designed to recover after getting blasted with that sort of electrical effect. It's still a much needed respite, though.

With another roar Sven wheels around and launches another plasma blast at the other swarm of sprite bots. The magical fireball wreathed in lightning leaps from the weapon and detonates against the ceiling, once again bathing the room in a wave of heat, force, and electricity. Spritebots are hurled around like leaves in a stiff fall breeze.

He ignores the burns and pockmarks in his armor as more robotic pests drop from above.

But for now the way forward is open!

The office space is pretty large, but there's a hall beyond that looks like it has a whole slew of computer panels and consoles in it!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Sergeant Sprinkles hovers to a halt once he's safely past the swarm, and spins around to retrain his weapons on them. His armor is deeply scored and scratched, and sparks are sizzling out of a small hole on the right side of his chassis. He cracks off a few magical energy blasts at the swarm, but holds off on using the flamer until all the meatbags are safely past. "Move it ponies! Move move move! You too griffin!" he snarls. "I've got y'all covered!"

If the griffin doesn't listen, which he probably won't, Sergeant Sprinkles starts screaming at him. "MOVE SOLDIER!! You think your commander would want you wasting your life?! Would you getting killed make her proud?! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Spring near Nowhere]

Xithr has no idea who Gleamy Mind was before becoming an Alicorn, for reasons that should be obvious, but she was an infiltrator before the war, and quite aware of the existence of the MoAS Alicorn project. At least, as far as it was intended. She has no clue how Unity came to be.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you were before Unity. The only pony who is likely to know that is the Goddess, though I suppose somepony might recognize your Cutie Mark. I can tell you that you definitely were somepony else beforehand, but specifics I cannot offer."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehatten - Stable 29]

Scratch seems to have neatly avoided running into Down and goes about the actions previously mentioned oblivious to the discomfort her choice in decoration in having on her visitors.

And speaking of being touched by Swiss...

"Look out!"

The changeling will be crashing headlong into Down unless she heeds the warning and gets out of the way in a hurry.

Rye seems... shaky... But she's done vomiting for now. She's seen some nasty stuff in her days. Mostly relating to Raiders. But this... the casual indifference of it combined with the innocence, feigned or not, makes for a positively disturbing contrast.

Corn seems to be taking it all the best.

"Well we're mighty thankyful fer lettin' us use yer hideout, Scratch."

The sudden change in posture suggest the foalbot would probably be smiling if she still had a mouth. "Hey! Wanna hear some of my music?"
    Down is very promptly crashed into.
    Whereupon she continues to make her peculiar little noises.

Clearly that means she wants to listen to the music, right?

Swiss should probably detach from the pegasus before she stops having her little mental breakdown too...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Don't feed the Para-bots

Computer consoles! Without anypony with explosives, they're going to have to rely on Scoops' science. Hopefully she won't have some odd subterfuge/conversation with an AI construct.

"Cover me, that's the way to stop it!"

She points over at the consoles and begins bolting.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #373

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Swiss quickly dislodges herself from Down. As loopy as she seems to be it has finally gotten through to her that the pegasus is uncomfortable with physical contact.

And then?

She notices what the cushions are made of.

Oddly enough that just gets a sour face out of her. The changeling has made enough dessicated pony husks to have issues with bits of skin laying around. Sure it's weird but... Would probably react worse if they were clogs made of changeling chiten.

Vinyl doesn't seem at all aware of how uncomfortable everypony is and begins setting up her equipment. The foalbot stands with front legs on the turntable before her and clears her throat. Or... at least makes a throat clearing sound since she doesn't have one.

When she speaks again anypony who has listened to the radio should recognize the voice. A much deeper voice that sounds like it should belong to an older stallion.

"Good morning Stable 29! This is your friendly neighborhood dropper of sick beats, the one! The only! The legendary DJ Pon3! We've got some special music today spinnin' off for our Stable's special guests. Introductions and games later, great music now! Here comes 'Where Nopony Ought to Go' by Vinyl Scratch!"

And with that the song begins to play!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-32th Floor- 10:56 am

Fox Trot

"Ack...manure!..."
    My brain was in survival mode proper thinking need not apply. I bit down on my cuff link as the shield dematerialized. A way open, forward, move, get! I ran where I was directed blindly firing a bullet towards the spritebots and dashed after Whadda to keep up.

15. - Top - End - #375

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Whoop!

Time to go!

It takes the second round of yelling to get Sven's attention. The griffon grinds his teeth and bounds along behind the others, though not before grabbing a talonful of the pink ash.

Oh hey!

There's a door ajar in the hallway! The mechanical sliding kind. A blast door designed to drop down in case of trouble and shut off this area from the offices. The spritebots will probably have some trouble getting through should that get closed!

16. - Top - End - #376

After dashing towards the nearest terminal, Scoops really doesn't have much of a choice but to hope the other three are putting down decent suppression while she gets to work.

[Science]First order of business, trying to find a shutoff command. If it appears easier though, it's funny switching the friendly and enemy parameters.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

It takes a moment of eight, but eventually Down comports herself and smoothly rises to her feet.
    Proceeding to act very specifically as if she didn't just have a small mental breakdown and isn't narrowly resisting the urge to turn Vinyl into so much ash, she trots off to sit in whatever space in the room is as far from the cushions as possible.

Having never listened to DJ PON3 before, the pegasus is unaware of any oddities there.
    Just a freakish robot pretending to be a disk jockey.

At least the music is catchy.
    "Won't...they hear the music?"
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #378

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

"Nah. Nopony can hear the music through the walls. I made sure of that. How else would my secret hide-out stay secret?"
    Vinyl inquires as if that were the silliest question ever.

The reaction of TRSG! is a little bit different.

They're just kind of...

Standing there.

Slack-jawed.

"...do you think she's...?" Rye starts as she boggles at the foalbot.

Swiss picks up the thought. "So you're DJ Pon3? As in the DJ Pon3?"

The foalbot nods, "The one and only!"

TRSG! huddles together and they begin talking among themselves. Mysterious!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Northwest Equestria]

Violetta, surprisingly, followed along. "I guess it probably can't be negotiated with, and there's no point in going out of our way to kill the thing. Let's just deal with what we came here to do."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

To the Ravine

So off they go!

Fleetwing and Violetta follow the road for awhile, eventually spotting a rocky ravine in the distance, with an old, dilapidated bridge crossing over it.

When the approach and look down over the edges of the ravine or bridge, they see that the walls of the ravine are rocky and craggy - it's possible to climb down, but it will be difficult. At the bottom of the ravine is the sought-after truck, resting on its side among some rubble and wreckage that has fallen away from the old bridge.

They can try to climb down directly, explore along the ravine awhile to find a better route down, or perhaps find a more creative solution.

21. - Top - End - #381

[Spring near Nowhere]

Xithr has no idea who Gleamy Mind was before becoming an Alicorn, for reasons that should be obvious, but she was an infiltrator before the war, and quite aware of the existence of the MoAS Alicorn project. At least, as far as it was intended. She has no clue how Unity came to be.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you were before Unity. The only pony who is likely to know that is the Goddess, though I suppose somepony might recognize your Cutie Mark. I can tell you that you definitely were somepony else beforehand, but specifics I cannot offer."
    The alicorn just sighs
    "I don't think they would want me with them... At least as myself, and I don't really remember where I'm from, or anypony that I could have met...."
    It wouldlook like her hopes slightly plummeted
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - MoM Hub

Sergeant Sprinkles braces himself between Scoops and the enemy swarm. "Might wanna hurry, Missy. There's scratchin' my paint," he laments with deceptive calmness, before growling as he cracks off another series of magical energy blasts, and unleashes a wall of flame to block the sprites' approach.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

[The Ravine]

Fleetwing glanced down the sheer cliff face with a low whistle. This wouldn't have been a problem for him, but now with a filly in tow, not so much. "I don't suppose you know any flying spells? Or maybe you remember something about being a champion cliff-climber?" he asked dryly. "'Cause if you don't, then we ain't getting down around here. Maybe there's...no, don't look any easier elsewhere." The pegasus paced back and forth, weighing his options aloud. "Could always fly over and do a bit of scouting, see if there isn't easier going down the road. Though that'd leave you here to fend for yourself for a spell. But it'd be slower going with both of us, that's for sure..."

He blew his mane back with a little huff. Nopony had told him that working duo would make things tricky. "What'd you think? Think you can handle yourself for a bit while I go and scout us a way down?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-16 at 10:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-32th Floor- 10:56 am

Fox Trot

I don't really no what else to do since my bullets are once again useless here. I'm not crowd control. So, I stood between Whadda and the entrance and activated the shield so that she was behind the dome as she did her fancy tech thing.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spring near Girdershade

Uh oh. Let's see if this can be salvaged.

"Hey, perk up! What did I just tell you about losing hope? Just because something seems unlikely doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!"

26. - Top - End - #386

Spring near Girdershade

Uh oh. Let's see if this can be salvaged.

"Hey, perk up! What did I just tell you about losing hope? Just because something seems unlikely doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!"
    That would not exactly do much, the plummeting stops, but she's still kind of low
    "I just don't know what to do..."
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Down is completely in the dark!

The significance of potentially meeting the true DJ PON3 seems to be escaping her.
    "Highly original name. So we're...safe...down here."
    As safe as you can be with a cringe-inducing pile of "leather cushions" nearby.

Taking a moment to address a shudder, the pegasus continues.
    "How will we know when the game is over?"
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #388

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

The pillows continue sitting in a heap. They also continue to be made out of pony hide. Speaking of! Vinyl is getting to work on that skin draped in the corner. Manipulator cables slither out of the foalbot's back and begin cutting, sewing, and generally manipulating the skin.

At the same time one cable begins picking the decayed bits of hide off the robot's body.

"Oh that's easy. Friend Computer will announce it over the PA."

"Have you ever been outside the Stable?" Rye inquires.

"No, of course not! It isn't fit for pony life outside. Friend Computer says so."

"And you've never heard of anypony else using the name 'DJ Pon3' before?"
    Rye continues.

"Nope! I made it up myself! Isn't it a great DJ name?"
    Vinyl asks, sounding quite pleased with herself.

"See, we're asking because there's another pony who uses that name," Swiss explains. "Who lives in a place called Tenpony Tower. It is very very safe and most certainly fit for pony life. He would probably be really excited to meet you."

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

The bullets might not be that useful but the shield sure is!

Dozens of pinpricks of magic thwap against the shield, gradually working at chewing through it. If nothing else this gives Sprinkles a bit of a breather. Not that he can breath or anything...

But still!

It's the thought that counts.

Sven fishes an empty Sparkle Cola bottle out of the bags slung over his armor and carefully, reverently, lovingly pours a small talonful of pink ash into it. For a few moments he just peers at it longingly before closing his eyes. The griffon gives a mournful sigh as he hugs the bottle to his chest and weeps silently.

As for the spiretbots they don't appear to have a shut down switch. However the controls to that blast door are pretty easy to find. Oh! And the fire sprinklers! And another set of controls for releasing the Robo-Owls. Whatever those are. Various view screens show the sprite's eye view of every single functioning spritebot in Equestria.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-16 at 12:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389

Door close now, disorientation from looking at several dozen sprite-cams later. Although that does bring up an interesting proposition. Maybe there's some command codes that would allow the Rangers to have access to this stuff.

Unfortunately radio signals to command would be blocked by the building and all the interference, so she's not turning on the owl bots until the targeting parameters can be set to 'nom the sprites.'

"I think we should spread out, see what all the consoles are hooked into. From there we might be able to find anything we want. The door should hold... wait do sprite-bots eat steel?"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-32th Floor- 10:58 am

Fox Trot

"These aren't bloatsprites.."
    I paused wondered why I knew that word...it was weird. The word appeared in my head but no memories to associate it with. I turned off the shield to let it recover. I found myself walking over to the various view screens and looking at them distracted as if though I was expecting to see something interesting among all the images of a wasteland.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-16 at 01:43 PM.