New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Glyphmark - Skies]

Nightseer wants Zebra sacrifices? That particular thought is so beyond confusing as to be outright dismissed for now. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. That sometimes happens when one is forced to rely on inferior vocal communication, and can only share words rather than complete thoughts. Yes, that must be it.

In any case, that group is no doubt returning to Nightseer soon, so they will likely be able to lead the way when they return.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

[Okay then, so I won't ]

Fleetwing sputtered; had to admit, he hadn't seen that question coming. "What?! No, no, I ain't that...that..." His brain oh-so-helpfully chose that moment to pull up the memory of Fizz, her face mere inches from his, her voice low and purring with promise. The wind went right out of his sails and a spot of red flushed to his cheeks. "W-well, I didn't do nothin'. She were just a bit excitable when she were telling us about the sodas, and she...well, she got a little close, b-but that was in her house. Bucky didn't yell us at or nothing when we were talking to him afterwards, so he didn't see nothing." Heck, he probably would've just snuck into the shack and suffocated him with his own bedroll if he had seen that. So...good for him he didn't, eh?

Still didn't answer the question of why Bucky might be angry.

[Tag: Purity]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-29 at 09:33 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tanks A Lot]

"Actually, I was referring to when we tell him the deal's off. He offered to pay us to give him the sodas so he could claim he found them for Fizz, but it's just not something I want to do." Violetta shook her head. "Anyway, it's not really something to worry about, especially if we help out in other ways."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Glyphmark ==> Canterlot]

Some zebras flee in terror.

Others seem resigned to their terrible fate. But regardless of whether they run or not many of the unfortunate equines are snagged in shrouds of alicorn magic and carried off toward Canterlot.

And of course the other two alicorns follow. Unity is puzzling over this information they're gathering. This behavior is nothing short of alien to the usual singularity of purpose that Unity shares. To see their sisters cut off from the Dream and acting of their own accord? Outright ignoring the commands of the Goddess in favor of following the orders of another alicorn? Madness.

As the two fly nearer to Canterlot a low buzzing static begins to fill their minds. At first it is little more than a minor irritation. But the closer they draw to the ruined city the louder it becomes. And then all at once it surges into an overwhelming cacophony of psychic chaos!

Followed by silence.

The static is gone. As are the voices of their sisters. And the voice of the Goddess. Even the voices of Anoma and Ebony, despite being mere feet from each other, are gone. And slowly, ever so slowly, the Dream will begin to grow more or more indistinct. And slowly, ever so slowly, a pony's old memories will grow more clear.

Despite this the Goddess' last orders still ring in their minds.

Anoma is momentarily stunned by the silence, but this isn't the first time she has faced it and manages to regain her composure before face-planting into one of the Canterlot Palace's towers.

Seems the wards only lasted a few minutes. But that's a few minutes more than an unwarded alicorn would have remained tied to Unity.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-29 at 08:26 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Rebonack;14136977][Ministry of Morale Riding an Elevator!]

Once everypony has piled inside Surprise yanks a MEW off a manipulator cable and plugs the appendage into an adapter inside the elevator's control panel. "Alright! Up we go!"

Woosh! Going up!

And then radio happens.

"OHMYGOSH! My new friends are on the radio! This is so surprising and super-duper extra awesome! Everypony is famous now!"
    isn't that great! ...wait. "You got kicked out of the Ministry of Arcane Science building?" she inquires of Fox. "How come? Do you need any help getting back newest of friends? Was somepony being grumpy over there? I bet a surprise party could cheer them up!"

Surprise spreads her wings in sheer glee at the thought of a surprise party, dispensing a sizable volume of colorful confetti in the process.[
    /QUOTE]

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Elevator 1:16 PM

Fox Trot

"Eh...well....I'm not really sure...all I know is that I didn't do it....whatever it was, I was framed or something..."
    I replied, I stood there in thought about my situation.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Indeterminate Floor of Morale

Meanwhile, Whadda seems a little preoccupied with the probability of alicorns on the other side of the door when they stop. She tries to get the heavier bodies up front and gets out her fancy new sniper rifle. There's that word again.

Anything that's on the other side will have to watch out.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #757

[Ministry of Morale Interrogation Floor]

"That sounds awful! Well, hopefully you'll get your answers when we find the memory reader thingy. And with any luck the alicorns haven't thrashed-"

DING!

The doors slide open, revealing that the interrogation floor has been completely thrashed. Walls ripped apart. Ruined robots everywhere. Consols blasted to bits. Doors yanked off hinges.

It looks like a combination of the alicorns turning everything upside down in search for something they've yet to find and a pitched fire-fight.

Though...

Thankfully there don't seem to be any alicorns about!

"-the room. Well! That's a nasty surprise."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Path to Tenpony]

There's certainly plenty of scrap around. Scrap from buildings. Scrap from old lamp posts. Scrap from cars. And of course the occasional pony skeleton. Occasional pony skeletons aren't terribly useful for anything. But the Wasteland just wouldn't be complete without the bones of some pony two hundred years dead slowly turning to dust in some forgotten corner.

...that one is huddled over the skeleton of a much smaller pony. There's a probably a story there. A sad one. But nopony will ever know it. And that just makes it all the more sad.

Corn gently nudges the bones aside and pulls a somehow intact tin of chocolates out from under them. "Sorry ya didn't get to eat yer candy, squirt," the huge earth pony sighs as he tucks the treasure away in his saddle bags.

Swiss fidgets a bit at Down's question. "Well... uuhh... technically I didn't meet Homage either. Corn and I sort of upset some ponies at Tenpony and we weren't able to make it to the meeting. Totally wasn't out fault though!"

Thank Celestia it wasn't their fault. That might shed some negative light on them.

"Anyway, DJ Pon3 is something of a recluse. Only talks to his assistant directly. Noooooopooooooony has seen him before!" the mock-unicorn wiggles her hooves in a suitably spooky fashion. "So there's all sorts of speculation over who or what he is. I'm betting on a ghoul."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    On the Road to Tenpony

Rye's radio calls to DJ Pon3's assistant.... are answered!

"Good afternoon, Foresight! This is certainly a pleasant surprise," the charming voice of a young mare cheerfully replies over the two-way radio. "Yes, we heard there was some fuss going on around the old Stable, and-"

Homage falls momentarily silent at the mention of Vinyl Scratch, and the foalbot's indignant exclamations in the background. "You... what?" she asks, her voice tinged with dumfounded surprise. "Really? Oh my goodness, DJ Pon3 will certainly be interested to hear this! In fact, I am quite certain he would be delighted to meet them!" she replies, excitement audible rising in her voice. She then pauses for a moment, and when she resumes speaking, her tone is much more wary. "Do be careful, though. I've been receiving reports that the areas between Vault 29 and Tenpony have seen an increase in activity from mutated wildlife. Specifically, there have been several sightings of Cazadores recently. So please, don't be in too much of a hurry. It may be safer if you took the scenic route..." she warns.

[Path to Tenpony]

"Hm...well from what I hear of ghouls, that would certainly explain why the same DJ has been around for so long."
    A little glance towards Vinylbot.
    "Same 'imposter' DJ."

Down debates on that thought for a few moments.
    "It occurs to me to ask: what is your DJ's opinion of the Enclave?"
    It suddenly occurs to her that she may not be welcome by Tenpony. You'd think she would have thought of that earlier, with how obvious it is that ponies distrust her "coworkers".

If Rye happens to be broadcasting the transmissions for the rest of them:
    "...what is a Cazador?"

Down and her group have been around Equestria before, but it seems they aren't all-knowing of its outdoors inhabitants.
    Not surprising, really.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-30 at 01:27 AM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds awful! Well, hopefully you'll get your answers when we find the memory reader thingy. And with any luck the alicorns haven't thrashed-"

DING! The doors slide open, revealing that the interrogation floor has been completely thrashed. Walls ripped apart. Ruined robots everywhere. Consols blasted to bits. Doors yanked off hinges.

It looks like a combination of the alicorns turning everything upside down in search for something they've yet to find and a pitched fire-fight.

Though...

Thankfully there don't seem to be any alicorns about!

"-the room. Well! That's a nasty surprise."

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Elevator 1:17 PM

Fox Trot

"Sweet...well....actually...too sweet....Hey Whadda, check your pipbuck there...see if there are any...enemies."
    I told her as I took a hesitant step outside the elevator.

10. - Top - End - #760

Fuel station

Gleamy just followed the group, not really knowing or remembering much for contributing to the conversation.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-30 at 08:20 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Happy fun time torture room

"Oh... right," Whadda looks down at the pip-buck and moves around just a little bit to get the location and potential range of enemies that may or may not be there. "You know, I like it better when you can visor-mount the EFS. Then you don't have to look down all the time. Any enemy pops up and you already know about it."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Okay then, so I won't ]

Fleetwing sputtered; had to admit, he hadn't seen that question coming. "What?! No, no, I ain't that...that..." His brain oh-so-helpfully chose that moment to pull up the memory of Fizz, her face mere inches from his, her voice low and purring with promise. The wind went right out of his sails and a spot of red flushed to his cheeks. "W-well, I didn't do nothin'. She were just a bit excitable when she were telling us about the sodas, and she...well, she got a little close, b-but that was in her house. Bucky didn't yell us at or nothing when we were talking to him afterwards, so he didn't see nothing." tHeck, he probably would've just snuck into the shack and suffocated him with his own bedroll if he had seen that. So...good for him he didn't, eh?

Still didn't answer the question of why Bucky might be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Tanks A Lot]

"Actually, I was referring to when we tell him the deal's off. He offered to pay us to give him the sodas so he could claim he found them for Fizz, but it's just not something I want to do." Violetta shook her head. "Anyway, it's not really something to worry about, especially if we help out in other ways."
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Fuel station

Gleamy just followed the group, not really knowing or remembering much for contributing to the conversation.

[More Gas Puns because I am too lazy to think of any new ones.]

"Huh. Bucky's finally making a move on her. About damn time. Honestly, I thought he'd just kinda threaten anyone who visited until the end of time and never actually do anything about that crush of his."

...Well, that's perhaps more information than anyone wanted to know.

Poor Gleamy gets ignored. And that's terrible.

Spoiler
    Show
    [Glyphmark ==> Canterlot]

Some zebras flee in terror.

Others seem resigned to their terrible fate. But regardless of whether they run or not many of the unfortunate equines are snagged in shrouds of alicorn magic and carried off toward Canterlot.

And of course the other two alicorns follow. Unity is puzzling over this information they're gathering. This behavior is nothing short of alien to the usual singularity of purpose that Unity shares. To see their sisters cut off from the Dream and acting of their own accord? Outright ignoring the commands of the Goddess in favor of following the orders of another alicorn? Madness.

As the two fly nearer to Canterlot a low buzzing static begins to fill their minds. At first it is little more than a minor irritation. But the closer they draw to the ruined city the louder it becomes. And then all at once it surges into an overwhelming cacophony of psychic chaos!

Followed by silence.

The static is gone. As are the voices of their sisters. And the voice of the Goddess. Even the voices of Anoma and Ebony, despite being mere feet from each other, are gone. And slowly, ever so slowly, the Dream will begin to grow more or more indistinct. And slowly, ever so slowly, a pony's old memories will grow more clear.

Despite this the Goddess' last orders still ring in their minds.

Anoma is momentarily stunned by the silence, but this isn't the first time she has faced it and manages to regain her composure before face-planting into one of the Canterlot Palace's towers.

Seems the wards only lasted a few minutes. But that's a few minutes more than an unwarded alicorn would have remained tied to Unity.

[Canterlot]

The wards are a success! Bwahahahaha! Or maybe not. Depends on just what you wanted to use them for, I suppose.

Unlike Anoma, Ebony obviously hadn't experienced separation from Unity at any point after being added to it. Thus, faceplant. Whoops. She manages to put her head back together quickly enough not to fall far, though. Oh, and it's probably for the best that those panicking thoughts are not shared through the Dream, since at least some small measure of dignity is spared that way.

She's silent for a long moment before realizing that just thinking doesn't actually communicate information anymore, and speech is necessary.

"Let us finish our work here and depart swiftly. This is... ...uncomfortable."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

[Same, my pun tank is empty]

Interesting. The ghoul didn't just outright shoot down the idea. Perhaps he wasn't as doomed as he thought, though he had to test the waters first. "Well...would you think it so bad t'give him the sodas?" he asked the ghoul. "Fizz gets 'em either way, and Bucky promised us that fancy shotgun of his. That'd come in all sorts of handy. I don't know about you, but this little guy ain't exactly striking fear into the hearts of our foes, if y'know what I mean." He patted his poor, poor Peashooter. It really was a nice gun, but it just didn't have the look of it.

14. - Top - End - #764

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

It's pretty easy for everypony to hear Homage's voice over the radio. Rye isn't making any attempt to keep what's said secret. "Thanks for the warning, Homage. We'll make sure to be careful. If worse comes to worse a whiff of Moondancer's pink cloud will probably keep them clear."

"Right! But obviously he can't be the original DJ. Did you hear Homage's reply? If the DJ at Tenpony were the original then I'm sure he would have told her," Swiss reasons.

At the question regarding the Enclave... Corn answers that one. "Mmm, haven't heard her say much 'bout all y'all. But I reckon she ain't the biggest fan. Ah lotta ponies are sore about you folks not helpin' out. But since you came down here and lent us a hoof with that crazy computer I reckon you'll get ah warm enough welcome."

Or at least as warm of a welcome as anyone gets at Tenpony.

And THEN a question about something unpleasant!

"They're giant parasitoid wasps," Sour replies. "Paralyze ponies with their sting and then lay eggs in them. Eggs hatch and the grubs eat their way out. It's a rather horrible way to die."

Swiss shudders. "Uugh... I hate giant bugs. They're so disgusting!"

Which gets some odd looks from her companions.

"What?"

[Canterlot]

"Uncomfortable, disquieting, and any number of other dreadful things, sister. This is the second time now I've been without the Goddess' voice to guide me. I pray I won't have to endure a third..."
    Anoma sighs as she turns her eyes toward the other alicorns.

The four they were following are headed toward one of the high towers of the palace. Down below pink fog hangs thick in the air. Alicorns patrol the rooftops in the toxic haze protected from the cloying vapor by their shields. At least it's clear that there's a way to ward off the poison. It was apparently a horrific way to die...

With a pump of her wings Anoma takes point behind the zebra-bearing alicorns and follows them to a landing atop the tower. A landing with a large black alter set upon it. An alter streaked with crimson. The purple alicorn looks vaguely ill as her sisters begin chaining the zebras to the alter.

They are, after all, just zebras. They can never be a part of Unity. And this is hardly the most cruel thing she has witnessed in the Wasteland. But to see her sisters carrying it out?

Also for the first time Anoma spies the vague outlines of cutie marks on the other four alicorns. How curious...
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-30 at 11:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Path to Tenpony]

"Hmm, assistants don't always get the finer details, if they don't need them. But maybe."

Down is being given quite a bit to think about today, it seems. But that seems inevitably, when extended time is spent with surface ponies.
    "I guess I'll just have to keep diplomatic, just in case. Try to fix some of that image. Most of us aren't bad."
    Every group has some bad eggs! She's pretty sure that at its heart the Enclave is serving a good purpose.

It just has some cultural hiccups to get over.

Meanwhile, the bugpony freaks out about bugs.
    "I don't suppose you've ever looked in a mirror..."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #766

[Path to Tenpony]

The group totally hasn't stopped.

Stopping would be silly. Walking and talking at the same time is a very easy task to accomplish.

"Diplomatic sounds good! So long as you didn't name your guns 'diplomacy' or something like that. Y'know, that way they can say 'I'm going to use diplomacy!' and then shoot up everypony," Swiss reasons.

And then gasps at the implication that was just made! She hisses in a low tone so her voice won't be picked up on the radio.

"Are... are you calling me a bug? ME?! A BUG!? That's racist! You're only saying that because I'm black, aren't you?" the changeling replies, sounding absolutely aghast at the mere thought of a changeling being a bug. "We aren't insects at all! Our skin is just armored and we have insect-like wings. We're no more insects than pegasus are birds."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-30 at 01:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Oil My Troubles Seemed So Far Away]

"You want to strike fear into the hearts of foes? Just bring Gleam with you." Violetta chuckled. "Better than helping somepony found a relationship with boasts and lies, right?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Path to Tenpony]

Oh hey, who would have thought it, changelings freak out when you call them bugs.

Down's mouth is hanging open behind her mask, prepared for some sort of retort, or response, or backpeddling, but seems to be stopped by her brain just finding the out burst completely ridiculous.
    Silly, even.

"Uh...bugs aren't all black?"
    Her response ends up being fairly lame.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - MoM Hub

Sergeant Sprinkles idly hovers into the wrecked room, and begins poking at the wreckage, trying to find the object of their search.

---

Manehatten - Road to Tenpony

As the group bickers and advances, gunshots ring out further up the street, echoing through the ruins of the dead city. A scream quickly follows, though it is drowned out by the sound a low, buzzing drone. More gunshots and more screams are heard, as well as more of the deep rumbling buzz.

A moment later, a blue earth stallion sprints from around the corner of an intersection a hundred feet or so away, a revolver clutched in his teeth. Even from this distance, the terror in his eyes is clearly visible. But what is he running from?

The answer comes in the form of a massive wasp that swoops in from behind him.

The hulking insect is the size of a small carriage, with a jet black carapace, neon orange wings, blood-red eyes, and a thick coating of black spines that almost look like fur. The rapid beating of its wings produces a deep, thundering hum, which drowns out the stallions terrified shrieks as the beast pounces on him. It hurls him to the ground and quickly pinning him down, its movements jerky, erratic, and utterly alien. It violently jabs him with a stinger-like protrusion at the tip of its abdomen, before leaping off of him and buzzing back into the sky. The mutant bug zips off and disappears back around the street corner, the droning buzz of its wings soon growing faint and distant. The stallion is left sprawled out in the street, groaning and twitching.

That would be a Cazador.

No wonder Swiss hates insects...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

20. - Top - End - #770

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Swiss sticks her tongue out at Down. There's a strong chance that she was being absurd. That seems to happen fairly often.

AND THEN GIANT BUG ATTACK!

As soon as the changeling spots the giant wasp her whole body tenses and she hisses something in that weird chittering language she's used a few times before. It probably wasn't anything that should be repeated in polite company.

"Welp. Looks like Miss Homage was right," Corn drawls. "We got anti-vemon, Sour?"

"Five doses," the unicorn nods as her horn lights brilliant pink. Shortly there after a similarly colored mote of light will begin to circle each member of the party. "A defensive spell of my design," she says, sounding somewhat out of breath. "I use a weaker version to keep my mane and tail... contained..."

Why would somepony need to contain their mane and tail? Probably mentioning this for Down's benefit. No doubt TRSG! are well aware of what her magic can do.

"The ward will protect you from exposure to Pink Cloud for about a minute. The closer it is to expiring the dimmer it will grow. If it becomes faint you must get away from me as quickly as possible. The necrotic fog is not... healthy... for living ponies. Or living anything for that matter."

Swiss grins a wicked grin. "Time to smoke out some bugs!"

Forward!

But first? Sour steps closer to the recently stung Raider and there comes a slight popping sound as her horn lights up and her mane loses its shape, billowing over her withers and across her face before seeping across the ground to envelope the pony. Another fizzling snap and her mane regains its coiling, curled shape.

She gestures for the others to follow.

And to give the blanket of fog on the ground plenty of room.

Always nice when doom isn't waiting to spring on you right away...

There are four nearby rooms that were probably used for interrogation. The happy looking sunshine and fields paint-job is always a dead give away. A number of supply closets as well. And an archive room. And a... some sort of receptionist desk? All of them have been trashed pretty well.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Road to Tenpony

(Grimdark)
    Spoiler
    Show

The pink cloud envelopes the raider. As the mist wreaths around him, he suddenly sits up and screams. The scream is choked off as the mist fills his lungs, but it doesn't stop him from beginning to thrash and convulse. As the pink cloud chokes the life from him, the raider begins to experience a violent seizure.

And then, just as his flesh begins to run like pink wax, his ribcage cracks open in a shower of blood and pink ichor. A shrill screeching noise is heard, and a wiggling, blood-covered larvae attempts to writhe free of it's dead host. Unfortunately for the pale parasite, the pink cloud provides to be too toxic for it to escape from, and the gore-splattered grub seizes up, turns pink, and begins to melt back down into its victim's warped chest cavity.

Not a pretty sight.

As the group approaches the intersection, they will notice a few bodies strewn about in the middle of the adjacent street. One of them is starting to twitch.

There are also over a dozen juvenile Cazadors, about the size of a large foal or small-framed pony, scattered around the street, idly buzzing around the bodies or spasmodically skittering from one pile of rubble to the next. Their small wings produce a low hum, and some of them are making chittering or hissing noises.

There's no sign of Big Momma. Though the deep, thundering drone of her beating wings can be heard from somewhere nearby...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-30 at 02:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Giant wasps.
    Down will admit she had been expecting something a little bigger than a bloatsprite.

Not as huge as that monstrosity was.

The pegasus would be lying if she said she wasn't intimidated.
    One...probably isn't terrible. Just treat it like any other big monster and gun it down before it becomes an issue. But Homage seemed to imply there was an infestation here, which, if it's anything like normal wasps were said to have been like...

"Mane containment...?"
    She's paying attention now. As soon as the words "pink" and "cloud" are uttered together.

In a few short moments, with the raider display, Sour acquires a similar position as Swiss in the "completely insane things she suspects shouldn't exist" category of companions.
    ...maybe it's just a spell? A really terrible spell?

"...noted."

So they move onwards and she quietly stifles any questions and many concerns for the time being.
    Don't worry about the Cloud. There's danger.
    Definitely, definitely don't worry about that corpse and its parasite, and what will happen if you're too slow and the big abomination stings you.

Maybe just stop thinking period.

That idea only lasts as long as it takes to see the scene before them, with a small horde of enemies, and numerous corpses threatening to repeat the ghastly scene but without the safety blanket of the Cloud.

Down doesn't sound very happy.
    "I would really like a flamethrower, I think. That sounds swell."
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-30 at 02:49 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #773

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Now with giant wasps!

And yes. Things like Sour shouldn't exist. She's well aware that she is an undead blasphemy. Don't tell her that, though. She'll just give you a sad, resigned look.

Technically the Cloud is a spell. Or more properly a necrotic corruption of a much more harmless spell she used to use.

"See, I've always said the same thing," Swiss agrees. "I say, 'hey Corn you should get a flame thrower.' And then he always says-"

"Nnnnnope!" the huge earth pony replies.

"We need to hit as many of them as possible before they take to the air,"
    Sour reasons even as Rye readies her beam rifle. "Aim for the wings. Killing them on the ground is an easy task, but once they're in the air hitting them is difficult."

Swiss gives a nod and lights her horn up with livid green faerie fire whilst Sour's horn begins to pulse pink.

"On the count of three. One. Two. Three," Sour calmly says before launching a spread of telekinetic bullets aimed at blasting apart the wings of one of the bugs.

Rye does much the same, just with pulses of disintegration magic from her rifle.

Swiss is far less subtle. She lobs a blob of faerie fire in the general direction of the bugs. In mid-air the outer layer crystallizes into a rock-hard cocoon. And then it explodes, hurling jagged shrapnel in all directions.

Down is totally free to shoot things as well!

Corn is simply putting his helmet back on.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Things just got Volatile]

Xithr grins. As usual, it's a bit on the creepy side.

"Oh, don't mistake my words for support or derision. This is your argument, and it is your shared treasure. What you do with it is your business. I am merely an observer, and I in truth wish to see how you resolve a small rift in a new friendship.

Sorry, Fleetwing. You aren't getting out of this that easily.

However, Violetta, I should note that Gleamy is both a pony and right here next to us, and would ask that you not treat her as a resource to be utilized. That kind of thinking was quite prevalent just over 200 years ago, and it ended with Megaspells and Balefire."

Oh. Ouch. She's definitely not smiling anymore. On the other hand, that does seem a little bit hypocritical when that same ghoul happens to be failing to resolve an argument out of scientific curiosity.

[Canterlot]

Hey, that shielding thing isn't too bad of an idea. In fact, one of those should go up. That's a good spell, and not even an especially taxing one.

"We should wait for now; We do not know if they are sane or not."

A memory of a freed Mesmer leaps to the surface suddenly. Yikes.

"Interrupting whatever it is that they are doing might invoke hostility."

Cold logic, and not rushing into things without thinking them through? Wow, Unity really does change ponies.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

"Perhaps I'll invest in one then, if this is going to become a habit on the surface."
    Lots of freakish things that look very burnable.
    It's asking for a flamethrower.

Part of Down feels bad, about Sour's plan, to ground the wasps by shooting off their wings.
    Wings are very special gifts and losing them is...
    "Sorry."

But in the end, no mercy can be had for demon wasps.

She waits for everyone else to open fire first, to pick their targets, before she flicks up her suit's SATS and tagging a couple wasp and their wings herself.
    This will probably be the easiest part of the coming moments.

Might as well try to ensure it.
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #776

[Canterlot]

Any memories involving Mesmer are probably terrible ones. She wasn't a nice pony.

"I... suppose you're right,"
    Anoma replies after some consideration. Having to fight their sisters would be terrible. In pretty much every way imaginable. Unity isn't meant to be stained with hostility.

On that note Anoma finds her mind being nettled with a memory of cataloging Ministry of Technology artifacts. It was a very monotonous, boring task. But for some reason it was important at the time. The alicorn has no idea why.

Two of their sisters remain behind whilst the other two depart, ostensibly to fetch Nightseer. The ponies decide to chat with Anoma and Ebony while they wait.

"They have given Nightseer visions."
    "Yes, visions of what is to come."
    "Visions of the world decaying."
    "They offer knowledge!"
    "And power!"
    "Untold magic!"
    "But the rituals require blood," a glance is cast at the zebras.

Anoma furrows her brow. "Who offers these things?"

"The Stars!" both ponies reply, their voices in hushed awe.

The zebras whimper, one of them gnawing at her chains in a futile attempt to escape.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cazardor Combat

The Cazadors are caught off guard by the initial attack.

A couple of the wasps have their wings blasted off, and are sent frantically skittering around in pain and confusion. Down manages to land a lucky hit on one, and it disappears in a haze of burning ash. Swiss' little explosion trick takes out one juvenile Cazador, but the rest either able to shrug off the shrapnel that pelts them.

The rest of the swarm, though, is now alerted to TRSG! and Down's presence.

In an instant, the 7 or so large demonic-looking wasps taking flight, and begin to buzz towards the interlopers. Their movements are jerky and erratic, bobbing and weaving up and down and side to side. Most fly towards the interlopers, while one sticks with each of the fallen raiders. The raiders - one mare and two stallions - begin to thrash, and start to scream in agony. Their screams are nearly drowned out by the droning of the swarm's wings.

The droning buzz suddenly grows louder. In fact, the volume and power of the reverberating hum begins to spike exponentially.

Sour may or may not notice the shadow growing larger beneath her.

----

MoM Hub - Interrogation Rooms

Sergeant Sprinkles primes his weapons. "Me an' Sven will stand guard. The rest of you can snoop around..." he gruffly observes. "Keep yer guard up."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-30 at 04:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:19 PM

Fox Trot

This was almost reminiscent of the drunken parties I used to host....I mean...just kidding. Cough.

I looked around at the mess and found myself drawn to the archive room and then stopped myself before turning to the others. "Eh, we should probably go by process of elimination, start off with the least likely places...like maybe those rooms and supply closets. I'll go check out the receptionist's desk."

"Uh..alright...well...I'm going to snoop around the receptionist's desk first, get that out of the way,"
    I said and made over the debris to the trashed desk and poked my muzzle around.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-30 at 04:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

[Colamdrum]

On the contrary, that only meant Fleetwing had to convince one other pony to go along with his plan. Sadly, that pony was also dead-set on disagreeing with him. "Alright, we'll...we'll talk this out," he said, massaging his forehead with a hoof. "I just don't see what the big deal is here. Fizz gets the sodas either way, why should it matter t'us if it goes through Bucky first?"

The pegasus chose to ignore Swift's evaluation of 'Gleamy'. It was one thing to treat living things as resources, it was another thing entirely when said living things effectively became resources against you when Unity came a-calling.

Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-30 at 08:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780

[Manehatten - Stirring the Hornet's Nest]

Here they come!

Swiss lights her horn up again, lobbing another mass of Faerie Fire at the bugs. This time around the explosion is far more gentle. And instead of crushing force and rending shrapnel sticky strands of cocoon glop are sent spiraling erratically through the air. Hopefully the attack will snare at least a few of the wasps and leave them glued to the ground. "Haha! Welcome to my parlor said the changeling to the hideous giant bug!" and with a snicker she spreads her own wings, dropping her glamor in the process, and takes flight herself. She's only hovering a few feet off the ground, but it still increases her mobility by quite a bit.

Something clicks inside of Rye's mind. "The large one is coming from above!" the mare calls out before diving away and coming up in a roll, yanking out her shotgun and aiming a spread of disintigration magic at the nearest wasp.

Sour gets the warning loud and clear! With a fizzling pop her mane and tail suddenly erupt upward like a pink gyser toward the approaching big-wasp. Hopefully the monster will blunder right into the toxic fog and reconsider the wisdom of its presence here. Though considering how thin their wings are? Those would probably melt pretty fast.

Regardless of outcome Sour proves that 'Moondancer' is a fairly apt name as she does her best to gracefully slip out of the wasp's flight path. She's pretty spry for a dead pony!

As for Corn? His combat style is exceedingly straight forward. As soon as a wasp gets close he'll aim to charge the creature and tackle it clean out of the sky. And then stomp it to death with his clawed horseshoes. For as large as he is he can move deceptively fast.