New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:31 PM

Fox Trot

I stared, eyes a little wide and foolishly thought too hard about this. It took me a moment to register the cold robo peck on my check, regardless, my mouth curved into a small smile. Score, sorta. Hey, it kinda counts.

"No problem sweet cheeks, alright let's go...!"
    I said and cantered after her.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

MoM Hub - Interrogation Rooms

Shortly after Surprise kisses Fox Trot on the cheek, the nearest wall explodes in a shower of rubble and plaster as Sergeant Sprinkles smashes his way into the room through sheer force. He quickly zooms across the room through the haze of dust, and screeches to a mid-air halt right in front of Fox Trot. His "eyes" are all glowing bright red, and all of his weapons are raised and primed.

He doesn't say anything.

He just stares into Fox Trot's eyes. Silently. Intently. Ominously.

And gives his buzzsaw two brief whirls. ~vree vree.~
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:31 PM

Fox Trot

"Ack...!....Oh heya....there...Sergent Sprinkles...you.....you okay?"
    I asked nervously of the robot with a nervous smile unsure of what this scary looking...presence was all about.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ministry of Morale Interrogation Floor]

"Tartaurus!" exclaims Sven as a wall suddenly gains a new hole. "What was that abou-"

"Hey Sven! Come help me with the vault! I think the servos in the hinges are shot and I'll need help pulling it open,"
    the cyberpony chirps. "It'll be a great surprise if we can get it open and find the tiara for Foxy before he and Mister Sprinkles are done talking about their adventures together!"

The griffon gives Surprise a skeptical look. Then shrugs and follows her. Surprise plops down on her haunches in front of the vault and sticks her tongue out of the side of her mouth. On either side of the vault are a pair of bluish orbs a bit bigger than a hoof. The cyberpony shoves her hoof into one of them and intones clearly, "Command override: Party Pooper, Sierra Papa zero zero fiver eight."

A loud clanking sound comes from within the vault and no killer party streamers decapitate anypony.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Happy Fun Time Interrogations

Sitting at the boring terminal, Whadda suddenly gets the feeling she isn't the center of somepony's attention. Maybe that will become awkward, since it must pour when it rains for the poor sod Fox Trot.

Time to go check what everypony else was doing! The mare regroups just as the vault starts opening. Ooooh, mystery.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Once he's alone with Fox Trot, Sergeant Sprinkles drifts a bit closer to the stallion. "I know your type. Charming gentlestallion playcolt who all the mares love," the robot quietly observes, his forward optical sensor hovering just inches from Fox Trot's eyes. "The Lady Killer. Quite the reputation you have. Well, let me tell you something. Miss PV? If you hurt her? If you break her little cyborg heart? If you misuse her in any way shape or form?"

Sprinkle raises a manipulator claw up between him and Fox Trot's face, and clinks the pincers together a few times.

"I will rip off your genitalia and beat you to death with them. Do we have an understanding?" he whispers grimly.

7. - Top - End - #817

Well...

The vault isn't opening. Just unlocked. Though it should be opening here pretty soon! "C'mon, give us a hoof with this thing!" Surprise calls out as she hooks her fore-hooves onto the vault door and begins to pull with all her might.

Sven puts his back into it as well!

It'll slowly ease open whether Scoops helps or not, but if she does the door will be wide that much faster!

And inside?

Memory orbs!

Shelves upon shelves of glowing memory orbs, each labeled with a serial number. Also in the vault? Several memory recollectors. And another pony skeleton. The cyberpony moves over to the corpse and nudges it to reveal an ID card on the floor.

"...oh Laughing Heart... I'm so sorry... This wasn't a nice surprise at all..." Surprise reaches out with a hoof to gently caress the bleached skeleton. "You deserved better than this... I'm so sorry..."

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Bug Battle

Boom-shaka-laka! The ME grenade incinerates the bodies and their wasp guardians!

Big Daddy begins to spin around and buck wildly, trying to shake Swiss free. And the two remaining juvenile wasps which were trailing after him quickly catch up, and attempt to get Swiss off of their father. By attempting to sting her. With painful, paralyzing venom.

Big Momma lets out a loud, shrill scree as Corn begins to smash his hooves against her shell, buckling and cracking some of the chitin. The wasp immediately lands, just as Down jabs one of its wing joints and causes the wing to drop limp. However, Big Momma isn't done fighting. She begins to erratically and wildly spin around in circles, in an attempt to both hurl Corn off with centrifugal force, and smash his armored, spikey bulk against poor Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehatten - Stirring the Hornet's Nest]

In a single smooth motion Rye drops her shotgun, draws her beam rifle, and slips into SATS once again. The mare takes aim at the wasps zipping toward Swiss and fires a series of precision shots at their wings. Between the time-slowing targeting spell and her own Insight Rye proves to be extraordinarily accurate.

Though not before one of them scrapes its stinger over the changelings carapace and manages to stab her somewhere soft. Swiss hisses in pain as she drops off the giant wasp, spreading her own wings and beating them spasmodically to slow her fall.

Right before she hits the ground?

"Kaboom."

The shaped-charge she had stuck onto the giant wasp's neck joint detonates, probably taking its head clean off in the process.

Then she hits the ground with a rather unpleasant sounding thud.

Sour is on her hooves again, now limping toward Swiss to administer healing and anti-vemon.

Corn hangs on tenaciously, beating at the giant wasp with titanic fury! Carefully judging his position he pushes himself off the monster as it spins on his own terms, hitting the ground hard before springing back to his hooves and charging the monster once again to impale it on his spiked barding.

Geeze... he really takes that whole 'earth pony fortitude' bit to an extreme, doesn't he?

Down may not be at her most agile at the moment, in the air, but between a simple movement to the side and Corn's own timing, she seems to be spared getting crushed horribly by the large earth pony.

Which is good.
    That probably would have hurt a lot.

Corn's temporarily out of the line of fire so she decided to fire another quick bursts at Big Momma, only to be disappointed by just a single shot lancing out.

She almost facehoofs.
    "Batteries...Everfree...damn it.
    No time to worry about that though.
    The pegasus gets moving again, rising higher so she can dive down towards the massive demon wasp from above.

Get a little more momentum to whip her tail down into something.
    Like maybe her eyes, if she'll settle down a bit.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:33 PM

Fox Trot

I let out a pitiful meep and backed up against the wall scuttling backwards on my flank. It seemed I was about to get killed by a crazy over protective robot. I lamely put my forelegs in front of my beautiful face and closed my eyes and whinnied.

"I swear, I swear I won't do anything of the sort to her! I'm not even interested in her like that! I swear. She pecked my cheek, not the otherway around. Don't kill me!"
    I dropped to the ground and covered my head with forelegs, my little heart beating fast.

10. - Top - End - #820

Scoops, of course, helps with the door. Then there's all the rows upon rows of infinite memories. It's kind of boggling. "Hey, we should get Fox Trot he'd want to see it. Where is he anyway?"

After a few moments though, she comes to a realization. "So... we can close this door and lock it again right? The horned baddies seemed to get at something in here."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"OH, SO SHE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!?" Sprinkles bellows belligerently.

The buzz saw whirs to life.

And then the robot here's Surprise's voice in the other room - sounding sad.

Without another word, Sergeant Sprinkles zips out of the room and goes to check on Surprise, leaving a traumatized Fox Trot in his wake. Upon arriving in the vault, he'll hover up behind Surprise, and gently rest a set of claws on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Miss PV. Don't blame yerself..." he quietly says, trying to console her.

---

Manehatten - Bug Battle

BOOM!!

Big Daddy is dead, his head blown clean off, his wings incinerated, and most of his thorax blasted open. Yep, he is very much dead, and so are the two little wasps - between Rye's shooting and the blast, they're very much dead too.

Unfortunately, there's now a massive dead bug dropping down towards Swiss...

Meanwhile, Big Momma reacts to Corn charging her! At the last second, she leaps towards Corn, giving a buzz of her crippled wings for a slight boost of speed and momentum. And as she soars towards him, she twists around in mid-air, so that she and Corn are facing the same direction.

The end result?

Big Momma allows Corn to plow into her, impaling herself upon his spiked armor. But because their adjacent position, with her dying nerve impulses she is able to flex her abdomen and use her forward moment to drive her ovipositor into his exposed flank, where Down had already burned away his armor.

There's a chance the strike won't land, or that the egg won't be injected. But if the suicidal attack does prove successful...

Well, one way or another, Corn's day just got a whole lot worse.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-31 at 11:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:33 PM

Fox Trot

I couldn't move. There was nothing that I've seen today or yesterday that was scarier than a mad robot threatening to kill me.......among other certain things over...well...all that. I thought my heart was going to explode or worse if I moved from this fetal position from within one of four private interrogation rooms.

13. - Top - End - #823

[Ministry of Moral Interrogation Floor]

"Yeah... closing it again will be pretty easy," Surprise says as she reaches out with one of her manipulator cables to pluck a memory recollector off its stand and pull it over to herself. "Just have to shut it again and it locks all on its own."

Well!

That sure is handy.

Hopefully nopony shoves it closed while they're inside. That would be terrible.

"Foxy is talking with Mister Sprinkles. They're becoming really good friends, I think," the cyberpony smiles wide, though it looks rather forced. "He talked to me while I was hooked up to the Pink Voice Project. So it's great that he's making more friends. You can never have too many friends after all."

A sad glace is cast at the remains of Laughing Heart. "...since you never know when you might have a nasty surprise and lose one. Or a few million..."

And then suddenly Mister Sprinkles!

"Thanks Mister Sprinkles,"
    she half-whispers as she picks up Heart's ID card and tucks it away somewhere safe. "So I learned today I can't cry anymore. Who knew, right?" the cyberpony says before laughing mirthlessly. "Lets give Foxy his silly hat and get out of here. I never want to see this place again."

Falling bug?

That's easy to fix!

Sour's horn glows and she yanks Swiss rather violently toward herself, scraping the changeling across the rubble-strewn street. That hurts quite a bit! But it is certainly better than being squashed like a bug by a giant bug.

The changeling is convulsing a bit due to the poison and Sour wastes no time sticking her with an anti-venom vial. Take care of that problem first and foremost!

As for Corn? He gets to have the giant wasp's babies! What a lucky pony. Just to be sure the giant bug is dead the huge earth pony spreads wide his front hooves and aims to clop them together on either side of Big Mama's head. The result is probably going to be messy.

Rye is checking her EFS for anymore hostile contacts! And swapping out a new cartage into her beam rifle. ...going to have to buy some more at Tenpony... "I'm going to need a bucking bath after this..." she grouses, her vocabulary a little less colorful than usual.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-31 at 11:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down begins her dive-!

And then stuff happens, resulting in a dying Big Momma, everything else, and Corn being stabbed by the former.

Which, brings to bear a certain recent memory the pegasus tried to bury.
    Screeching, flaming demon wasp chest thing.

She dives faster, fully intending to ram the wasp at full speed and tear her as forcefully off of Corn as possible.
    Maybe if she's fast enough the horrifying impregnation can be stopped?
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #825

Welp, everything's settled then. Fox will get his memories, Surprise is free, Sven is alive, and Whadda... gets to step on a lot of political landmines that come from this sort of shenanigans. Well at least she'll get a pat on the back from those not playing politics. Officer, meh.

And to her knowledge nopony was threatened with violent buzz-saw death!
    "So what are you going to do now, Surprise? I mean I know some ponies that would really like to talk to you most likely but you haven't said anything on the subject."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Bug Battle

Rye sees no more hostiles. Wait. No, there's one little red blip. It's on top of the big blip representing Corn.

...uh oh.

Meanwhile, Corn squashes the giant Cazador's head. Chunks of chitin and green ichor splatter everywhere! Including on Down, who zips in and tackles Big Momma off of Corn just in time for the insectoid gore to splash all over her. Lovely.

Corn may start to feel dizzy, weak, or disoriented. Normally, Cazador eggs secret a toxin which produces a sense of fatigue, muscle-weakeness, vertigo, and other debilitating ailments to prevent the the victim from resisting the infection. About a half minute later, the egg hatches. And things just get nasty from there.

---

Sergeant Sprinkles gives Surprise a comforting pat on the shoulder, and then silently follows after her.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-31 at 11:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Well. The convulsions have stopped thanks to the anti-venom. Now Swiss is laying on her back staring up at the bleak grey expanse that stretches far and wide above the Wasteland. "I wonder what the sky looks like..." the changeling sighs. "It's all blue and bright, right Sour? Was it pretty?"

The ghoul pony channels a bit of healing magic into the changeling to help with the various relatively minor injuries she has taken. "It was. And it was very pretty. I'm going to go check on the others."

Rye, meanwhile, scowls at her EFS. "Celestia plow me with her horn... HEY MOONDANCER! Corn got a wasp egg shoved in his guts again. Come yank it out of him before it starts crawling around."

Sour gives Rye a disapproving look before limping toward Corn.

Speaking of the earth pony! Despite the pain and weakness caused by the poison he's already on his hooves and offering to help Down up! What a gentlecolt. "Well miss Down. That's two adventures with us crazy folk so far. Iffin' ya stick 'round much longer I reckon Swiss 'll draft ya into the team whether ya like it or not."

Vinyl, meanwhile, peeks out of her hidey hole. "Is it safe to come out?"

Surprise trots around the corner to find Fox still curled up in the fetal position on the floor! He must have had a really exciting talk with Mister Sprinkles. He's so happy he can hardly move!

The cyberpony's mask of cheerfulness has returned to full strength as she bangs a hoof on the door to the interrogation room that's now leaning up against the wall. "Surprise Foxy! We found your swanky hat!"

The memory recollector is brandished at him.

"Ready to head out?"

And what's this, questions from Scoops?

"I... don't know, actually. My job was always to help make ponies happy. And to keep them safe so they could be happy. I... guess I wouldn't mind being able to do that still? But I have no idea what it's like outside. I would imagine things have changed a lot after the end of the world and two hundred years," the cyberpony shakes her head. "I don't know why anypony would want to talk to me. I wasn't really involved in the politics of the Ministry. That sort of thing was left to smart ponies. I just threw surprise parties and surprise assassinations."

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:34 PM

Fox Trot

I swiped the tiara and kept to my fetal position. "I'm sorry Surprise, you're a lovely filly and all but we can only be friends!" I spewed out quickly with a nervousness knowing Sprinkles was there.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Down stares at her EFS for a moment, rather quickly coming to the same conclusion as Rye.

Too slow.

She starts to accept the hoof up, before she seems to think better of it and slowly pulls herself up on her own.
    The pegasus seems a touch distraught when she speaks.
    "I'm...sorry. I tried to get here faster. I'm not sure what to..."

A sharp look is cast in Rye's direction.
    "I keep forgetting how resourceful your group is.
    Still...I apologize for letting this begin, dangerous or not."

Her tone has calmed faintly, but she still evidently feels terrible.

What a caring, evil Enclave soldier!

Continuing to carefully fail to acknowledge the team drafting, she scuffs an armored hoof on the ground before looking across her EFS, then at Vinyl.
    "It...should be safe."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #830

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

"T'aint nothin' miss Down," Corn replies. And winces slightly as he feels the crawling sensation of the grub hatching. "Imah tough pony. Better ah take the hit than any ah you folks."

Oh hey!

There's Sour! She heads right up to Corn and with a combination of a bit of divination magic and expertly applied TK she eases the grub out of the earth pony's insides and then flings the offending creature at a nearby wall.

And there Rye, too! She's trotting up and smiling at her friend!

"Oh, ey there Rye. Some mighty fine shootin' on yer OOF!"

The oof would be from Rye bucking Corn in the ribs. She glares daggers at him for a moment before throwing her fore-hooves around Corn in an embrace. "You big stupid meat-head! Stop being so reckless. You're tough, but you aren't invincible."

Vinyl is poking at one of the dead wasps with a stick she found. "Eeeww..."

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Toward Tenpony Tower]

Down purses her lips and shakes her head a bit.
    "Better that nopony take the hit at all."

Perhaps a thought born of one of the very core differences between earth and pegasus ponies. Fragility versus sturdiness.
    "Tough or no, you shouldn't..."

A little sigh, a moment to watch Rye display some...aggressive affection?, and then she trots over towards Vinyl, mumbling under her breath a bit.
    "'Well done squad, no deaths.' Hm."

Then it's time to shape back up a bit, as she puts out a hoof to stop the foalbot's prodding.
    Somehow, she seems just the faintest bit less disgusting, now that she's seen what the demon wasps do.
    "Don't poke the corpses, it isn't polite."
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-11-01 at 12:50 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bug Battle

The wiggling, blood-soaked grub lets out a shrill "skreeeeeee!" as it flies through the air before splattering against a nearby wall. Lovely...

---

Interrogation Room

Sergeant Sprinkles stands back, silently observing, his optic-sensors colored pink.

23. - Top - End - #833

"Well there's a lot of ponies that would really be happy to have a talk with you. There's still so much we don't-"

That seems like a good time for some 'just friends' talk. Scoops seems to have missed something vitally important here.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834

[Path to Tenpony Tower]

"Ah find it works might fine fer everypony if Ah can keep the attention on me," Corn drawls. "Don't go thinkin' Ah aint thinkin' things through. Ah know mah limits well enough."

Aaaand then Down speaks with Vinyl.

"Aaww... fiiiine..."
    the foalbot complains as she drops the stick on the ground. Probably worth noting that she has ditched that skin-suit that she was wearing. Though judging from how she's sulking she isn't too happy about it. Now she just looks like a vaguely creepy robot with a pair of purple sunglasses instead of an extremely creepy robot wearing a dead pony in addition to a pair of purple sunglasses.

Sour is still seeing to minor medical issues. Or what would be major medical issues for anypony that isn't Corned Beef.

As for Swiss? She still laying on her back and staring up at the clouds. "Hey Down?" the changeling calls out. "If I mimicked you and flew up there do you think I would be able to get a look at the clear sky without getting shot?"

Well.

This is awkward. Sven coughs slightly to cover up a laugh.

Surprise just looks... puzzled. "Well that's a surprise! I wasn't expecting you to say that at all. I mean... you're a nice enough stallion and all. But I always preferred other pegasus myself. I guess I was just old-fashioned that way!"

She prods at Fox with her hoof a few times. "We should probably go before the alicorns kills us all. That would be a terrible way to end such a fun adventure."

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Interrogation Floor 1:35 PM

Fox Trot

"Right..ha...ha...groovy...yay.."
    Wait what? Prefer a damn pegasus? Pffft...Ah...wait...priorities. I looked up at Surprise and nodded my head and shakily got up.

"Cool...I'll just...give me a moment...going go collect that memory orb by the receptionist's desk."
    I walked past them and glanced back and cantered over to pick up that memory, putting it in a different bag than the ones my other memory orbs were in. Didn't want no mix up and stuff. I also stuffed the magazine quickly into my bag. Anyways.

I cantered back to the gang. "Right...I'm ready..and stuff."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-01 at 12:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #836

[Ministry of Morale GOING DOWN!]

Surprise trots over to the elevator, a bounce in her step as usual as she once again plugs herself into the control panel and beckons everypony else to follow. She grins an unreadable grin at Foxtrot. "Don't worry Foxy! I'm sure you'll find a very special somepony eventually! We can be super-duper friends though! Wow am I ever glad I got to make so many great friends as soon as I woke up. I probably would have just gone crazy if I had been all alone."

Because she isn't crazy. Oh no. Not even a little.

"Oh! Scoopy! You were talking about ponies who might want to talk to me? Who and about what? Unless they want to know how to set up a fantasteriffic surprise party or learn how to kill a zebra with a rubber chicken I really don't think I have very much information that would be useful to share."

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "See? So if they both turn out alright in the end, then why don't we just take th' one with better payoff? Bucky had a point; them grenades'll take some serious scrounging to put together, an' there's no telling if we'll just end up hurting ourselves with them. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a shotgun now than grenades later." Fleetwing had his sights stubbornly set on that fancy shotgun; he could almost feel it in a new holster at his side. Less ambushes, less trouble, what was there to not like?
    "And what happens if-"

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "What....Kind of grenades.... I don't think I remember much, but aren't grenades...Stronger than shotguns?"
    Welp, now Gleamy was starting to like the idea of giving them to Fizz
    Violetta nodded. "Right. And more usable by both of us. You get your fancy shotgun? You benefit, you get whatever you want out of it, and I'm stuck with nothing but aggravation at having to do something... What's the word I'm looking for? Well, it's something I don't really think is a good thing to do. We help Fizz properly? We both benefit in a significant way. All of us. Including Gleam."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #838

Manehatten - Elevator of Morale

Oh boy, trapped in an elevator with two talkative mares. Sven, Sprinkles, and Fox really lucked out here. "Well really there's a lot missing that we don't know about the pre-war stuff. Sure there are a lot of boring scribes and stuff, but they'd really like to know about the ministry... I mean they'd likely try to sit you down for days just talking about you and your cybernetics. Plus you'd likely be able to get some goodies out of the deal. If they think you'd cooperate if surrounded by constant parties, PARTIES MUST FLOW"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sprinkles continues to serve as Surprises' silent bodyguard.

However, as Scoops' rambles on about scribes and discussions of Surprises' parts, Sprinkles' eyes slowly turn red. He doesn't say anything, though.

---

Manehatten Outskirts - Somewhere Near Stable 29

After a couple of days on the road, Flim and Flams medical caravan finally arrives in Manehatten, accompanied by their two winged bodyguards. Many jokes and disagreements have been had along the way, but everyone is still on good terms. And Lucky has managed to avoid getting a new black eye to replace the one that has finally faded away.

The journey is not over yet, though. They've still got to navigate the ravaged ruins of the destroyed city before they can get to the illustrious Tenpony Tower. And along the way, they may run into more obstacles... or distractions.

"Wait, what?" Flim and Flam both ask in unison. "It's a what now?"

"It's a passenger wagon," Lucky replied factually, waving a wing at the ancient vehicle. "A sky-car of sorts. They had a special repulsory-lift anti-gravity levitaty fancy-majigger system to help 'em not weigh much, and a pegasus would strap in and 'carry' it along. Like a carriage bus thing in the sky, really."

"Oooooh..." Flim and Flam both nod in understanding.

Lucky kicks the ancient metal hulk and gives it an appraising look. "Ya know, structurally, it still looks like it's in good shape. I bet with the proper repairs and some replacement parts, you might could get this thing operational again. Hypothetically..." he shrugs. "I'd need to come back later when we're not on the clock. I ain't got the tools for a proper examination right now, anyway. Whatchu think, Miss Gwendolyn?" Lucky asks, turning to look at his stalwart griffin companion. "Think this is worth coming back to look at? Or should we leave it for the rad-roaches?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-01 at 02:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

[Can't fight this fueling anymore...]

"That...that..." Fleetwing sputtered, but words stubbornly refused to come out. A part of him wanted to say that he'd done most of the work, she'd just tagged along, but the other parts of him knew that was pure, undiluted bullcrap. If it hadn't been for her, he wouldn't have been able to heft that crate out of the way, and he would've stumbled right into those bear traps. In fact, with no way to free his leg, he would've either bled out or starved, just another random corpse to adorn the Wastes. As much as he wanted that shotgun, his fickle honorable side wouldn't let him shortchange her like that. She had him nailed but good.

"Well...how does that help 'Gleam'?" he protested weakly, features twisting with his conflicting emotions.

[Tag: Purity, for the argumentative equivalent of the kill ]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-01 at 02:50 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.