New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[North Equestria - Middle of Frickin' Nowhere]

From behind the pair, a gravelly but recognizably feminine voice appears.

"You might consider checking behind you, in the future."

Assuming Violetta and Fleetwing turn around and don't just ignore the voice behind them, their eyes come to rest on a peculiar figure: Wingless and hornless, but possessing a lithe figure atypical of an Earth Pony.

In truth though, that's likely the second thing they'll notice. The first is the fact that this figure is missing a majority of her flesh, and appears not entirely dissimilar to a sun-bleached corpse that was left out for about a day and chewed on by animals a bit. Whatever cutie mark she might have had at one point is completely gone, and the remains of her mane and tail are nothing more than sparse black remnants of their former beauty, hanging off of her body like strings. However, her eyes betray her as fully alive: They're clear, bright blue, and have that glint of what is unmistakably intelligence behind them.

"I'm called Swift Hooves, if you're wonderin'. You two are lucky you don't look like raiders; You'd be dead by now if you had."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-12-08 at 01:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    From behind the pair, a gravelly but recognizably feminine voice appears.

"You might consider checking behind you, in the future."

Assuming Violetta and Fleetwing turn around and don't just ignore the voice behind them, their eyes come to rest on a peculiar figure: Wingless and hornless, but possessing a lithe figure atypical of an Earth Pony.

In truth though, that's likely the second thing they'll notice. The first is the fact that this figure is missing a majority of her flesh, and appears not entirely dissimilar to a sun-bleached corpse that was left out for about a day and chewed on by animals a bit. Whatever cutie mark she might have had at one point is completely gone, and the remains of her mane and tail are nothing more than sparse black remnants of their former beauty, hanging off of her body like strings. However, her eyes betray her as fully alive: They're clear, bright blue, and have that glint of what is unmistakably intelligence behind them.

"Name's Swift Hooves, if you're wonderin'. You two are lucky you don't look like raiders; You'd be dead by now if you had."
    Violetta turned around, feeling strangely angry. "Who do you think you are-" She had to force herself to remain in control. This wasn't really something to get that furious about, was it?

"I mean, why are you threatening me like that? Is this kind of thing normal for you?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[North Equestria - Middle of Nowhere]

Fleetwing nearly jumped out of his coat. The pegasus whirled around and viably winced at the ghoul's appearance. How could something so rotted be so sneaky? He'd not had many dealings with ghouls before, apart from the few that had tried taking a bite out of him. He laughed nervously, making sure the...thing could get a good look at his gun. "W-well that's 'cause we're not. Raiders, that is. Bad folks, need less of 'em, gotcha there."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Violetta turned around, feeling strangely angry. "Who do you think you are-" She had to force herself to remain in control. This wasn't really something to get that furious about, was it?

"I mean, why are you threatening me like that? Is this kind of thing normal for you?"
    "What she means is," Fleetwing stepped in before Violetta started to change the ghoul's mind about shooting the both of them. "Is that we're not looking for any sort of trouble. Just a p-p-pair of travellers, looking for a place to spend the night." He gave Swift Hooves a nervous grin.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-29 at 01:54 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Xithr just starts laughing, forming a hearty chuckle despite the gravel in her normal speaking voice. First, she addresses Violetta:

"Heh. Ya from a stable or something? Everypony 'round here points a gun at ya if they don't know ya yet. Kinda a necessity when the ponies that want to kill ya outnumber the ones that don't. Ah didn't pull the trigger, and that's what matters."

Then she gives Fleetfoot a grin. Her teeth are remarkably well-preserved. She probably brushes them or something.

"Hay, ya don't need to stutter when yer talkin'. I ain't gonna chew your face off or anythin'. Anyhow, it just so happens that I was on lookout to protect a place from said raiders. You two seem decent enough, so I doubt anypony'd mind if you rested yourselves a spell."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

[In The Middle Of Somewhere Anywhere Someplace Else Nowhere]

Violetta gave Xithr a confused look. "Stable? What are you talking about? I don't even know what that is. I barely know anything. My mind is just... cloudy.

Maybe rest will clear my head a bit. Maybe not. Whatever the case, it seems safest for us to stick together, Fleetwing. Especially when trigger-happy types are around."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Xithr just starts laughing, forming a hearty chuckle despite the gravel in her normal speaking voice. First, she addresses Violetta:

"Heh. Ya from a stable or something? Everypony 'round here points a gun at ya if they don't know ya yet. Kinda a necessity when the ponies that want to kill ya outnumber the ones that don't. Ah didn't pull the trigger, and that's what matters."

Then she gives Fleetfoot a grin. Her teeth are remarkably well-preserved. She probably brushes them or something.

"Hay, ya don't need to stutter when yer talkin'. I ain't gonna chew your face off or anythin'. Anyhow, it just so happens that I was on lookout to protect a place from said raiders. You two seem decent enough, so I doubt anypony'd mind if you rested yourselves a spell."
    Those teeth almost made the ghoul even more unsettling. Like she'd been keeping them nice, clean, and sharp, all the better to bite your throat open with, my dear. Still, not shot, not under attack, and with a potential bunk for the night; a winning combination in his book. Fleetwing nodded to her and started edging away towards the town. "That'd be just fine, just fine Swift Hooves. I promise we won't cause any trouble, and we'll be off before you know it."

[In The Middle Of Somewhere Anywhere Someplace Else Nowhere]

Violetta gave Xithr a confused look. "Stable? What are you talking about? I don't even know what that is. I barely know anything. My mind is just... cloudy.

Maybe rest will clear my head a bit. Maybe not. Whatever the case, it seems safest for us to stick together, Fleetwing. Especially when trigger-happy types are around."
    Fleetwing motioned for her to follow along if she didn't quite get the hint of "Let's leave the crazy ghoul alone". "I think you're right, a nice bit of rest will do your head a power of good. Let's find you a nice place to bunk down."

When the chance arose, he leaned over and whispered urgently. "I'll explain about stables and anything else later, just hold on with the questions until we find a place for the night, alright?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

[North Equestria - Near the middle of nowhere]

Not very far from certain group, a strange, deep-green mare with a black mane may be wandering, however, this one was different; she was taller than most, also somewhat sleek, with an elegant shape, she had a horn...But also large wings

It would be kind of obvious for some wastelanders: She was an alicorn

But this one was different: she was staggering, alone, looking to the ground and seemed really confused; almost like if she was lost, unlike the other haughty and self-righteouss ones.

She hasn't spotted the group yet, but maybe the group could spot her.

[Tag: PurityIcekiller, TheAmishPirate, BladeofObliviom]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Ministry of a-Morale

Whadda just sort of ignores the insane AI rambling about how he's a real colt while downing her cola. Delicious caffeinated cola. The revelation that he can take his own initiative and is capable of lying may make her somewhat hesitant to destroy him though, that's getting close to actual murder.

"Nope, got lots and lots of this stuff. Can't leave home without it... or rather can't leave wherever you slept last,"
    she responds to Sprinkles. As for Fox:

"You're not flirting with me are you?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh...pardon my error...Sergent Sprinkles."

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Manehatten - Ministry of a-Morale

Whadda just sort of ignores the insane AI rambling about how he's a real colt while downing her cola. Delicious caffeinated cola. The revelation that he can take his own initiative and is capable of lying may make her somewhat hesitant to destroy him though, that's getting close to actual murder.

"Nope, got lots and lots of this stuff. Can't leave home without it... or rather can't leave wherever you slept last,"
    she responds to Sprinkles. As for Fox:

"You're not flirting with me are you?"

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale-Elevator - 10:41 am

Fox Trot

"What? Nah, of course not. I'd rather not risk upsetting the mare I'mma be counting on to have my back here,"
    I found myself sheepishly grinning and hoof waving it off 'casually'.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Manehatten - Toward Stable 29]

"Probably a good idea,"
    Rye comments as she pulls out a beam rifle and starts to line up a shot all her own.

Swiss wrinkles her nose for a few moments as her horn begins to crackle with candy-red magic as an orb of red goop begins to pulse and grow and flash with arcane power.

"Let 'em have it, ladies!"
    Corn laughs. Can't really add much to the conflict at the moment. He's the up close and personal sort.

Swiss lobs the goop upward! It sails into the air in a lazy arc that doesn't look like it'll take it any more than ten feet off the ground. And then? The magic-infused projectile goes spiraling off into the sky like a missile, streaks toward the manticores, and detonates on one of the beasts with enough concussive force to send a rain of dust on those taking cover under the overpass.

"KAPOW!"
    the changeling amends, as if the bone-rattling blast weren't enough of a sound effect.

Rye opens fire with her rifle, sending green bolts of magical energy sizzling into the second manticore. Pew pew!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Northern Equestria - "She's a real nowhere mare..."

As fortune would have it, Xiphr's attention is largely concentrated upon the two ponies she's already speaking to, and she is not currently on the watch for raiders, Alicorns, Hellhounds, or whathaveyou. Thus, the confused Alicorn goes unnoticed by the Ghoul.

"Eh, just call me Swift. Ah'm not about to complain about some company. Not like there's too many ponies 'round here who treat me like anythin' other than a monster. Ah'm just scary, I guess. Follow up."

Xiphr begins leading the pair towards town, though she's sure to stay just barely ahead; It wouldn't be smart at all to turn her back on two ponies that she didn't know a thing about, especially since one of them was both armed and clearly disturbed by her appearance.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[MH - MoM Hub - Elevator]

"Boop boop bee-doop..." Sergeant Sprinkles mechanically mutters, idly singing along with the elevator music again.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Northern Equestria]

Northern Equestria - "She's a real nowhere mare..."

As fortune would have it, Xiphr's attention is largely concentrated upon the two ponies she's already speaking to, and she is not currently on the watch for raiders, Alicorns, Hellhounds, or whathaveyou. Thus, the confused Alicorn goes unnoticed by the Ghoul.

"Eh, just call me Swift. Ah'm not about to complain about some company. Not like there's too many ponies 'round here who treat me like anythin' other than a monster. Ah'm just scary, I guess. Follow up."

Xiphr begins leading the pair towards town, though she's sure to stay just barely ahead; It wouldn't be smart at all to turn her back on two ponies that she didn't know a thing about, especially since one of them was both armed and clearly disturbed by her appearance.
    Likewise, Fleetwing was busy keeping an eye on their Ghoul guide. Apparently she didn't trust them either; he was perfectly capable of trotting the last fifty yards without somepony to hold his hoof, and yet here they were with a guide. Still, best not to spit on what might be kindness. "Lead on, Swift," he simply said, sidestepping her other comments. With any luck, Violetta would take his advice and keep her mouth shut. It was bad enough having one total stranger know you were incredibly vulnerable, best not broadcast that to the whole dang town.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sitting In Her Nowhere Lair]

"Now, I can barely tell whether you're a monster or not... Wait."

Violetta felt a strange tingling sensation. There was something nearby, and it was... What did this tingling mean? What set it off? And why hadn't her companions affected her in a similar way?

Well, whatever it is, it seemed to be coming closer. "I just felt something. I can't tell what."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

They are each picking a target then. More efficient, she supposes.
    Down flicks VATS up again, amending her targeting to direct three quick pulses at the third manticore, rather than one for each.

For the sake of thoroughness, she disperses the shots about, pinging her target's head, stomach, and then its chest.
    Probably only needed the one, but it never hurts to be careful.

"Ta ta..."
    The shots are released, each alternating between her rifles.

Mm, triple novasurge.
    Bet that feels good.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #136

[North Equestria - Around nowhere or so]

The alicorn doesn't notice the others either and just keeps walking, slightly staggering and confused but thinking too.

The group could still see her, walking in a direction somewhat similar to theirs; but if any of them had experience with alicorns, this one would seem very strange.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-29 at 10:52 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Northern Equestria - Approximately 15 feet from the center of Nowhere]

Fleetwing immediately went on high alert. Violetta's senses - whatever they were - had been right about the ghoul, bits to bridles they were right again. The pegasus started to scan the cold mists for signs of life. "Felt something? Was it anythin' like one offffohLunaabove get down!" Striding through the fog was a figure, taller than the average pony, or even zebra. Even from this distance, one could clearly make out the horn standing proud on its head and the wings folded at its side; alicorn!

From their short walk, the trio had started to reach the outskirts of the little settlement, and more importantly, the wreckage from the overpass. Just up ahead was a small pile of rubble, maybe large enough for the three of them to hide behind. In a panic, Fleetwing took off in a mad dash for cover, staying low to the ground.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Northern Equestria - Showing off her Nowhere flair, for Nopony...]

At the mention of the word "Get", the Ghoul executes a sudden diveroll behind a small pile. She's blindingly fast and nearly silent; somepony who hadn't already been aware of her presence likely would have dismissed the motion as a trick of the light. An observant individual might well spot the camouflaged barrel and scope of her rifle protruding from an opening in the debris, however.

Meanwhile, Xithr trains her scope on the Alicorn before noticing the odd behavior. She was planning on targeting the horn and disabling its magic, but she fails to pull the trigger. Thinking a moment, she unzooms the scope just a bit and tries to identify a cutie mark.

After all, was that not the defining mark of whether a being was still a pony or not?
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-29 at 11:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

OKAY!

Time to arrive!

DING!

The elevator doors slide open revealing the roof! There's a big antenna array on the roof of the building as well as a bunch of hulking air-conditioning units. Oh. And a huge red pyramid-shaped force field.

At each of the four corners sits a green alicorn, as still as a statue. And inside?

Three griffons. "Hey! Over here!" one of the lion-birds call out, as if it were possible to miss them.

Explosions and doom beams!

Pretty lights and screeching manticores!

Showering dust and unmentionable manticore bits!

Corn whistles. "Well. That was mighty one-sided. Those sparklers of yours pack a punch miss..." the big earth pony blinks. "Huh. I don't seem to be recallin' yer name."

Swiss grins that snaggle-toothed grin of hers once more. "Hehe, having another friend around makes all the difference! I'll be glad when we've got Sour back," and then aims a flank-bump at Down. "And once you finally cave and join up! Hahahahaha!"

Geeze. Swiss really has issues with personal space, doesn't she?

Rye frowns a bit. "I think we should be good for now. Shall we continue?"

20. - Top - End - #140

[Northern Equestria - Showing off her Nowhere flair, for Nopony...]

At the mention of the word "Alicorn", the Ghoul executes a sudden diveroll behind a small pile. She's blindingly fast and nearly silent; somepony who hadn't already been aware of her presence likely would have dismissed the motion as a trick of the light. An observant individual might well spot the camouflaged barrel and scope of her rifle protruding from an opening in the debris, however.

Meanwhile, Xithr trains her scope on the Alicorn before noticing the odd behavior. She was planning on targeting the horn and disabling its magic, but she fails to pull the trigger. Thinking a moment, she unzooms the scope just a bit and tries to identify a cutie mark.

After all, was that not the defining mark of whether a being was still a pony or not?
    She would see some kind of sparkle-like bright/gleam when looking for a mark.

Yet, that one was acting odd: Staggering, head low and not exactly proud-looking, and turning to the sides, as if lost, besides the fact that the alicorn was alone. Possibly very different from the other ones.

She still doesn't notice the others, then seems to walk somewhere higher to try and get a look of the surroundings, seems like really lost.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-30 at 12:08 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Doesn't Have A Point Of View]

Violetta followed the others. She hadn't heard anything about alicorns before, but anything that was giving her strange feelings made her wary.

"What is that thing? It looks kind of like a pony, but it feels... odd. It's like part of me is trying to tell me something about it, but I can't understand it."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Roof of a-Morale-ity

Oh boy. This looks... well pretty well as expected. She had been hoping that the griffons were pulling the collective chain of the Manehatten community. Whadda points towards Sprinkles then to their left flank. She then motions for Fox to take the center (the safest position for the least-armed). With Scoops on the right flank and with a katana in her mouth, they can all just back up towards the griffons without the alicorns making any sneaky moves.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - Rooftop]

Sergeant Sprinkles immediately hovers towards cover on the left side, hunkering down behind an air conditioning unit or something. "Four hostiles. Visual contact on target. I'll cover you ponies while you make contact with the feather-brains," the old robot growls to Scoops and Fox Trot. "Be careful. They may snap out of it at any moment..."

[Tag: Fox Trot and Scoops]
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-29 at 11:50 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down observes their handiwork with something not-quite nearing satisfaction.
    She isn't particularly pleased with the murder, but pleased with the success.

"No, I guess you wouldn't."
    She mumbles a bit at Corn, considering amending this problem.

But then Swiss goes and bumps her.
    There's something akin to a squawk from the pegasus and she is then mysteriously several heights higher in the air.

At that point, she is incredibly silent and looking anywhere else but the group of ponies (changeling) below her.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #145

That reaction results in some odd looks.

Followed by Rye lifting a hoof and clopping Swiss in the back of the head. "Crazy bug-pony. She's been uncomfortable with anypony getting close to her. Give her some space."

Swiss gives a drawn out sigh as a crackle of cherry-red magic washes over her, replacing the creepy vaguely beetle-like pony with the light yellow unicorn mare Down had initially met. "Sorry... I just... sorry..." and then she trudges off, taking point for the little group with Rye close behind.

Corn glances up at the seemingly shaken Down. "C'mon miss. Don't take it too hard. Swiss means well, she can just get a little over-enthusiastic 'bout makin' new friends. I don't suppose I might be makin' it up with on of the strawberries?"

The box of chocolate covered fruit is waggled at the pegasus. "Or do you Enclave folks have rules 'bout not eatin' anythin' down here? Would be a realm shame. Might even hurt mah feelin's."

He then gives Down an impressive teary-eyed look. How can a face like that be resisted?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

[Northern Equestria - The Left of Nowhere]

[Doesn't Have A Point Of View]

Violetta followed the others. She hadn't heard anything about alicorns before, but anything that was giving her strange feelings made her wary.

"What is that thing? It looks kind of like a pony, but it feels... odd. It's like part of me is trying to tell me something about it, but I can't understand it."
    "If that part of you has any sense, it's trying to tell you to start running and don't stop." Fleetwing spoke around the handle of his Peashooter. The little gun felt downright comical in comparison to what they were up against. As if a 9mm round would do anything of merit to one of those things, modifications be darned. At least it made him feel a little less like they were all about to be killed horribly.

The pegasus huddled behind the rock, keeping a tight grip on his pistol while peeking at the alicorn through a hole in the rocks. As he watched, he explained the situation to Violetta in a low whisper. "That right there is an alicorn. A real live monster. They started showing up sometime after the war. Compared to the average pony, it's stronger, faster, has more magic in one hoof than most ponies have got in their whole bodies, and to top it all off, they somehow share minds. What one of them thinks, sees, feels, all of them can get the same info. If there's one here, chances are..." he gulped audibly, the pistol shaking in his mouth. "...well, let's just hope by some miracle it's alone."

(Having not read the book is actually a big help here; makes Fleetwing a natural Unreliable Narrator.)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

How can it be resisted indeed?
    Very easily, it turns out, by Down just plain not looking at him.

"We need to keep moving.
    There may be a time limit on your friend's life."

Her tone is slightly twitchy, clearly unsettled, but she is clearly making an effort to neutral is out.
    Create a verbal distance to match the physical one.

"...can't take off the mask."
    Down seems pretty crummy at being completely cold, though, since she at least politely offers an excuse to turn down Corn's strawberries before she resumes moving forward, at a slow pace.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #148

"Well... do ya have somewheres ya might keep it 'till ya get home?"
    the huge earth pony inquires. He won't give up! "Ain't gunna keep forever."

Hopefully her supperors wouldn't just take it and experiment on it. Or something.

"And I got a sneakin' suspicion Sour let herself get caught. She's one smart pony and her magic is top-notch. Expectin' us to show up, sure. But if anypony can take care of herself it's Sour," Corn says, giving his friend quite the vote of confidence.

"We're getting pretty close now," Rye pipes up. "Keep your eyes open, everypony."

Swiss remains uncharacteristically quiet.

Our heroes will soon find themselves nearing the blasted remains of a Skytram station, the twisted remains of vehicles littering the shattered ground. And red bars.

Lots of red bars.

A few manticores.

But also ponies! Fairly well armed ponies, too. These aren't your average Raiders. These ponies have pretty well maintained equipment. Several turrets are set up near what is no doubt the entrance to the Stable. Some milling around. Some patrolling. All on the lookout for trouble.

Good thing our heroes have EFS! Otherwise they might have stumbled headlong into a hornet's nest.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down glances down at Corn with as little head movement as possible (ugh, she was terrible at this being cold thing), offering another short answer.
    "Later."

There would be a later? That's almost a promise.
    She's really terrible at this being cold thing.

"Later" will have to be her response to everything here, unfortunately, as she notices what they're nearing.
    Equally unfortunately, it forces it closer to the ground, to make her less noticible.

Normally, she would go higher, instead, but that would cost her communication-ability with the TRSG!s, with their lack of Enclave-suits.
    Which would be inconvenient.
    "Looks like brute force doesn't get to be the answer for everything today."

She doesn't sound disappointed!
    Just concerned.
    "A plan will be needed. Likely a diversion, at the very least. I see far too much red for simply shooting and more shooting."
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #150

[Manehatten - Outside Stable 29]

Corn just gives a nod. He'll get one of those berries to Down yet! Mark his words! There isn't a pony alive that can resist his confections forever!

Now then.

Time for business.

"Distractions are easy,"
    Swiss replies, the usual enthusiasm in her voice having drained away. Instead? Cold. Calculating. Intense. Her eyes track the movements of each and every pony she can see, ears twitching at the faint snippets of voice and conversation drifting in on the wind. Every face. Every detail. Every subtle move of the body.

See them. Be them. Walk like them. Talk like them. Single one out, replace them. And do her thing.

Rye nods and points a hoof. "Only one on that side."

"I'll get an idea of what we're up against. And find something important to blow up,"
    and with that Swiss slinks into the shadows and begins creeping toward the eastern side of the compound. Once she's no more than five feet away it suddenly becomes very difficult to track her with one's eyes. Something about the Changeling's magic is even giving the sensors on the EFS trouble.

Corn gives a low chuckle and shakes her head. "Super-secret-spy pony. Sure don't look it, does she? Give Swiss a few minutes to do her thing."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-09-30 at 01:24 AM.