New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Nowhere Mare, Can You See Me At All?]Violetta sighed. "Oh, great. That makes two of us without memories. We'll have to work on fixing that." She turned to Xithr. "Say, is amnesia really that common a condition?"

After a moment of thought, she turned back. "Well, maybe you could disguise yourself a bit. Wear a cloak over your wings. That kind of thing. I haven't been shot at for my horn, although someone here did threaten me...

"Say, are you injured? Since you mentioned being shot at and all..."
    "I don't have a cloak... Or anything for that"

"I'm mostly fine, besides we can regenerate somewhat faster than normal, and I know to make shields.... Besides the sneak attacks"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-01 at 08:42 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Rooftop AAACTIONNNNNN

At the end of the countdown, Whadda immediately makes a slash to cut through the Alicorn's horn, then immediately going for the throat. Taking a look around, she notices one of the targets without imminent death right next to them.

That should be fixed as soon as this one's imminent death is confirmed.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Nowhere Mare, Don't Worry...]

Xithr turns to Violetta:

"Certainly moreso than it was before the war. Must be something in the water."

Back to Gleamy Mind:

"Like I said, I can sympathize. I've been shot too many times by ponies who thought I wanted to hurt them. You're safe here though, assuming you don't want to hurt us."

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Nowhere Mare, Don't Worry...]

Xithr turns to Violetta:

Back to Gleamy Mind:

"Like I said, I can sympathize. I've been shot too many times by ponies who thought I wanted to hurt them. You're safe here though, assuming you don't want to hurt us."
    She returned a small smile
    "...Thanks, I....Haven't really had company for....2 days? Whatever, call me Gleam, Gleamy Mind.... I'm not entirely sure if that was my name before, but as far I remember....Maybe.... But I'm trying to remember who I was... But so far I mostly remember about things I learned, about.... Friendship and pre-war things... My memory about when I was in the Unity is foggy, and I don't really remember much...."
    It would seem like Gleamy didn't even know/remember her power.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-01 at 11:12 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Minster of Morale-Rooftop - 10:45 am

Fox Trot

<His previously stated course of action is set, even if its the wrong one>

6. - Top - End - #186

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Oh boy violence! The first alicorn gets its throat slit and a bullet through the brain. She doesn't even register that anything happened. The second gets sawn open and wheezes as blood sprays from the wound. The third gets a burning beam of energy searing across her flank, but the wound doesn't look lethal.

With concentration broken the shield flickers and falls. The three griffons level their weapons at the three still living (though one is quickly bleeding out) alicorns and open fire! Miniguns and railguns and plasma canons oh my!

The as-yet uninjured alicorn manages to get her shield up as her sisters are torn to bits, the minigun rounds causing her bubble shield to ripple and little more. She sets her face with an imperious sneer before darting behind a nearby air conditioning unit to break line of fire.

"One of them's still alive! Don't let her escape!" Blackbeak calls out.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187

Manehatten - Alicorn Assaulting

Scoops moves up rather nimbly and takes some cover herself in a place that would cover an avenue of escape for the Alicorn. Now it can't slip to the next piece of cover away from the griffons without some deadly slicing. She was about to signal for a grenade, but her combat training regarding unicorns makes her remember that's a terrible idea.

"Two flank! keep the minigun spun up so it can't fly away!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "I don't have a cloak... Or anything for that"

"I'm mostly fine, besides we can regenerate somewhat faster than normal, and I know to make shields.... Besides the sneak attacks"
    "What? Aren't you cold?" Violetta took off her own cape and offered it to the alicorn. "Here. If you keep your wings folded, this should cover them long enough for you to get your own."

Then she thought of something. "You can make shields? Maybe I could learn."

Xithr turns to Violetta:

Note to self: Inspect water supplies carefully.

She returned a small smile
    "...Thanks, I....Haven't really had company for....2 days? Whatever, call me Gleam, Gleamy Mind.... I'm not entirely sure if that was my name before, but as far I remember....Maybe.... But I'm trying to remember who I was... But so far I mostly remember about things I learned, about.... Friendship and pre-war things... My memory about when I was in the Unity is foggy, and I don't really remember much...."
    It would seem like Gleamy didn't even know/remember her power.
    "Well, at least you remember some things. All I have to go on are my clothes and my name. I'm Violetta, and I think I have a title of some kind, but I have no idea what it is if it is there."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - MoM Rooftop

Sprinkles' speakers blare patriotic music at full volume. "Damned freaks!" the robot snarls, training his flamethrower and magical beam weapon on the air conditioning unit. "Ya foul mockery of our Princesses! Treason is punishable by DEATH!" the old "soldier" barks, unleashing a gout of flame and a lancing streak of magical energy upon the AC unit and the alicorn behind it.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

I do my best efforts here to not be totally lame. I duck and roll behind an AC unit near the entrance to roof top access and aim to shoot the enemy in the neck with another AP round.

Significant Gear: 6 AP Bullets left, 20 regular bullets left, 2 healing potions, 63 Caps

11. - Top - End - #191

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

FOALS! booms the voice of the alicorn in the minds of those present. THOUGH YOU MAY STRIKE DOWN OUR VESSELS YOU CAN NOT HOPE TO OVERCOME THE GREAT AND POWERFUL GODDESS!

Well.

Just as humble as usual, yes?

Seems a bit more haughty than needed, though. Especially given the degree to which the alicorn is both outnumbered and outgunned. The railgun and plasma cannon being packed by two of those griffons could probably rip through her shield if they manage to score a few direct hits.

The alicorn doesn't seem too keen on showing herself, darting between bits of cover with uncanny grace that's hard to fathom from a creature of her size. Though since she's so busy dodging flame throwers and blasts of plasma she's having trouble fighting back in any meaningful fashion.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #192

Manehatten - Rooftop of a-Morale-ity

Oh boy, since they couldn't get the vice closed fast enough, they're just going to be playing whack-a-foal. With the stream of lead and superheated stuff flying Scoops just currently can't close to melee. They could be out here all day wasting ammo, but that's not what they're trying to do.

"Elevator! Suppress and retreat!"
    the mare shouts to the griffons, motioning towards where they came from. With just one alicorn left, they can't really stop them from leaving.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

"Fuuuu...."
    I did not like having voices in my head. Get out my head before I think dirty thoughts about you...! I lamely screamed in my mind defiantly and likely herp derply. I ran for the elevator.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Rooftop]

"The hay are you runnin' for?!" Sergeant Sprinkles barks. "Ah, dammit! She's doin' that weird brain-talk thing, ain't she? BUCK! Alright, move it maggots! I'll hold the bitch off!" the robot snarls, as he hovers to the nearest piece of cover and unleashes another barrage of flame and energy at the Alicorn.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Middle of Nowhere]

Xithr smiles right back. Complete with terrifying, lipless toothy grin. Man, Ghouls can be creepy without even trying.

"Well, it shouldn't be a big problem, but I doubt the folks will be comfortable letting an Alicorn into town. No offense to you, Gleamy, but the Unity is kinda infamous for dragging off ponies against their will.

Violetta, why don't ya go find Fleetwing, tell 'im to grow a spine, and head into town? I already told 'em ya were comin', so all ya need ta do is tell 'em that Swift Hooves gave ya the okay. Also, tell 'em I won't be needin' the shed.

Gleamy, you and I can find a nice pool or somethin' to relax in for the night. Wouldn't want to leave ya on yer own, and the radiation doesn't bother me. What do you gals say?"

Hey, her accent came back! What the heck?
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-10-02 at 12:46 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

"What? Aren't you cold?" Violetta took off her own cape and offered it to the alicorn. "Here. If you keep your wings folded, this should cover them long enough for you to get your own."

Then she thought of something. "You can make shields? Maybe I could learn."

"Well, at least you remember some things. All I have to go on are my clothes and my name. I'm Violetta, and I think I have a title of some kind, but I have no idea what it is if it is there."
    She accepts it telekinetically
    "Thanks.... Well, finding a size-fit one would be nice..." Then kind of curls inside after putting it on

"Nice to meet you, my mind is foggy about before being sundered.... But I think it was just like the other ones... You can guess by their infamy...
    .... Teach you to make shields?... Maybe, not sure if that may work, but you could give it a try, I think...."

[Middle of Nowhere]

Xithr smiles right back. Complete with terrifying, lipless toothy grin. Man, Ghouls can be creepy without even trying.

"Well, it shouldn't be a big problem, but I doubt the folks will be comfortable letting an Alicorn into town. No offense to you, Gleamy, but the Unity is kinda infamous for dragging off ponies against their will.
    "I know, and it's part of my reasons for not wanting to go back with them..." Her voice would sound pretty regretful when saying that
    "I... don't really know, maybe they could remember about friendship too... But they didn't listen"

Gleamy, you and I can find a nice pool or somethin' to relax in for the night. Wouldn't want to leave ya on yer own, and the radiation doesn't bother me. What do you gals say?"[/COLOR]
    "Ok....Thanks" she gave back another small smile
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-02 at 12:57 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Take Your Time, Don't Hurry]

She accepts it telekinetically
    "Thanks.... Well, finding a size-fit one would be nice..." Then kind of curls inside after putting it on

"Nice to meet you, my mind is foggy about before being sundered.... But I think it was just like the other ones... You can guess by their infamy...
    .... Teach you to make shields?... Maybe, not sure if that may work, but you could give it a try, I think...."
    "Well, shields can wait until you can give me a demonstration. Right now, I'd rather keep things as simple as possible. I don't have enough of a mind yet to deal with hectic situations."

Violetta gave her a quizzical look. "Even with her wings hidden? If it's safe for me to go into town, it should be safe for her."

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom
    Violetta, why don't ya go find Fleetwing, tell 'im to grow a spine, and head into town? I already told 'em ya were comin', so all ya need ta do is tell 'em that Swift Hooves gave ya the okay. Also, tell 'em I won't be needin' the shed.

Gleamy, you and I can find a nice pool or somethin' to relax in for the night. Wouldn't want to leave ya on yer own, and the radiation doesn't bother me. What do you gals say?"
    "All right, then. You two have your fun."

With that, Violetta trotted back to the hiding pegasus. "You can come out now. Just because something's powerful doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Leave it all till somepony else lends you a hoof...]

At Violetta's comment, Xithr responds in a humorous tone.

"Heh, ah still wouldn't risk it. That stallion shot me twice in the knees before 'e realized that I wasn't tryin' to eat 'im."

As Violetta leaves, however, Xithr smiles up at Gleamy Mind.

"So, where do you wanna go first? There's a nice warm spring around here somewhere, or we could look for some proper shelter by the overpass. Or we could just talk awhile. What do you want to do?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

[Take Your Time, Don't Hurry]

"All right, then. You two have your fun."

With that, Violetta trotted back to the hiding pegasus. "You can come out now. Just because something's powerful doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous."
    Fleetwing peeked his head out, a look of astonishment plastered across his features. "I...I don't believe it..." He trotted out, still keeping his gun drawn, but clicking the safety back on. "What the hay happened? Why ain't you two dead? Why's it just chatting with the ghoul? What's going on here?!"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Doesn't Have A Point Of View]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Fleetwing peeked his head out, a look of astonishment plastered across his features. "I...I don't believe it..." He trotted out, still keeping his gun drawn, but clicking the safety back on. "What the hay happened? Why ain't you two dead? Why's it just chatting with the ghoul? What's going on here?!"
    "I told you. Just because she's powerful doesn't mean she's dangerous." Violetta sighed. "And to think I'm the one of us with the clouded mind... I don't understand why you just assume she's evil. Is everyone the type to shoot first and ask questions later around here?

"Anyway, our friend says we can head to town if we say she let us in. If you're ready, we can go."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[Doesn't Have A Point Of View]

"I told you. Just because she's powerful doesn't mean she's dangerous." Violetta sighed. "And to think I'm the one of us with the clouded mind... I don't understand why you just assume she's evil. Is everyone the type to shoot first and ask questions later around here?

"Anyway, our friend says we can head to town if we say she let us in. If you're ready, we can go."
    In response, Fleetwing holstered his pistol and nodded, starting to head off towards town himself. "It ain't got a thing to do about being powerful, it's about the fact that those things have a nasty habit of stealing ponies from their beds, wiping out traveling bands for kicks, and Celestia knows what else they get up to." He shook his head at her. "That's the first time I've seen one of those things not try to kill, maim, or abduct a pony on sight. If that ain't reason enough to be careful, then I don't know what is."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    In response, Fleetwing holstered his pistol and nodded, starting to head off towards town himself. "It ain't got a thing to do about being powerful, it's about the fact that those things have a nasty habit of stealing ponies from their beds, wiping out traveling bands for kicks, and Celestia knows what else they get up to." He shook his head at her. "That's the first time I've seen one of those things not try to kill, maim, or abduct a pony on sight. If that ain't reason enough to be careful, then I don't know what is."
    "Oh, I see. You didn't mention that part. That makes a lot more sense." Violetta followed. "Of course, there are always exceptions around..."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I see. You didn't mention that part. That makes a lot more sense." Violetta followed. "Of course, there are always exceptions around..."
    "Apparently..." Fleetwing said cautiously, glancing back at the chatting ghoul and alicorn. She might've let the two of them off now, but that didn't mean she wasn't planning something. The cutie mark was...a bit harder to explain, but maybe that was just an illusion or something. Yeah, that had to be it. Going for the long game; lure them into a false sense of security, and then bam! Well, she wouldn't be abducting this pegasus without a fight, that was for sure.

If Violetta had no more questions, Fleetwing would lead her into the little settlement. He still had much to explain to her, but he'd rather do that somewhere out of the cold.

[Tag: Purity, then whoever's DMing this part? Lycan]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-02 at 02:24 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Girdershade]

The settlement is made up of two small scrap-metal houses built up under the underpass, as well as a storage shed. There's also a garden, and a brahmin pen.

One of the houses has a variety of soda bottles scattered around it, almost all of them Sparkle Cola. In fact, there are a few old Sparkle Cola signs hanging on the walls...

The door to the other house suddenly creaks open. A slate grey unicorn stallion with a short black mane steps out, and annoyed look on his face. A sawn-off shotgun hovers in the air beside him, though it's currently held aloft and point up, rather than trained on the stranger. "And who are you? What are you doing here? Where's the ghoul?" he growls, glaring at the interlopers.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Knows Not Where She's Going To]

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    The settlement is made up of two small scrap-metal houses built up under the underpass, as well as a storage shed. There's also a garden, and a brahmin pen.

One of the houses has a variety of soda bottles scattered around it, almost all of them Sparkle Cola. In fact, there are a few old Sparkle Cola signs hanging on the walls...

The door to the other house suddenly creaks open. A slate grey unicorn stallion with a short black mane steps out, and annoyed look on his face. A sawn-off shotgun hovers in the air beside him, though it's currently held aloft and point up, rather than trained on the stranger. "And who are you? What are you doing here? Where's the ghoul?" he growls, glaring at the interlopers.
    Violetta wasn't particularly impressed with the place. In her opinion, this barely qualified as a settlement, what with number and state of the buildings. Still, at least it wasn't the wilderness.

When the stallion approached, she stood tall and spoke firmly. "It's all right. Swift Hooves allowed us to stay. She's currently taking care of a friend elsewhere, so she won't need the shed."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade]

Fleetwing really needed to get a bigger gun; Peashooter wasn't exactly doing it for him in the "earning respect" category. He opted for the polite approach, nodding along with Violetta. "It's like she says, Swift Hooves said we could stay. We're just a pair of travelers looking for someplace to bunk for the night, not looking for any trouble or anything."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Gidershade]

The stallion frowns. He studies the the two new arrivals for a moment, then shrugs. Yeah, there was no way they took down the ghoul...

"Alright. You can crash in the shed for a bit if the ghoul can vouch for ya," he tells them. He then glares, and adds: "Just don't bother me. And keep your eyes and hooves off of Fizz. She's my gal."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Isn't She A Bit Like You And Me?]

The stallion frowns. He studies the the two new arrivals for a moment, then shrugs. Yeah, there was no way they took down the ghoul...

"Alright. You can crash in the shed for a bit if the ghoul can vouch for ya," he tells them. He then glares, and adds: "Just don't bother me. And keep your eyes and hooves off of Fizz. She's my gal."
    Huh! No respect. It's starting to make me wonder how common such things are.

Violetta took a deep breath. She couldn't afford to keep nearly losing her temper like this. "I appreciate the hospitality, if not the attitude."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

[Gidershade]

Fleetwing briefly imagined a day when he'd be the grumpy fellow making unreasonable demands. And it was glorious. Wincing at Violetta's backtalk, he added, "Got it. We'll keep to ourselves and won't be a bother."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Girdershade]

"Excuse me?" the unicorn asked with a scowl. "Hey, I'm the one letting you sleep in my shack. I can have whatever attitude I want in this situation, you little-"

The door to the soda-enshrined hovel suddenly opened. A black-furred unicorn with red and white stripped hair suddenly cantered out, a huge grin on her face. "Oh hey, guests!" she exclaimed with a bubbly and chipper - if slightly ditzy-sounding - voice. "Bucky, who are our new guests?"

The stallions scowl disappeared, replaced by a cheerful smile. "Oh hey, Soda Fizz. Oh, uh, I'm not sure. The ghoul said sent them this-a-way, apparently."

"Oh! Neat!" the peppy unicorn beamed. "Have you come to see the museum?"

"Bucky" managed to keep that smile on his face, though he couldn't help but roll his eyes in a "here we go again" fashion.