New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Girdershade]

Soda Fizz's timely arrival saved Fleetwing another round of profuse apologies to their temporary landlord. "Oh, uh, I'm Fleetwing, and this here is Violetta," he said casually, as if they weren't a moment away from a heated argument. He glanced around the settlement; shed, Bucky's shack, brahmin pen, and an incredibly gaudy house. Nothing that really shouted 'I'm a museum!' to him. "Well...we're here to spend the night in the shed, if that's what you mean."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-02 at 06:28 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Take Your Time, Don't Hurry]
    "Well, shields can wait until you can give me a demonstration. Right now, I'd rather keep things as simple as possible. I don't have enough of a mind yet to deal with hectic situations."
    The alicorn just nods
    "Alright, perhaps it's better later...I would have to restore energies too"

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Leave it all till somepony else lends you a hoof...]
    "So, where do you wanna go first? There's a nice warm spring around here somewhere, or we could look for some proper shelter by the overpass. Or we could just talk awhile. What do you want to do?"
    "I.... Think going for the spring or the shelter, I'm.. pretty tired; we could chat in the way"
    Then she stands up, as Xithr could see, she's tall and larger than normal, however she's not holding up the same proud stance Unity members have
    "You're leading?"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[I can't remember any more lyrics anyway]

Xithr smiles and leads Gleamy Mind off just a bit, headed toward a warmwater spring about a half-mile away.

"Well, let's try the spring first. I know Alicorns and Ghouls alike play well with radiation, and I for one could do with some cleaning."

4. - Top - End - #214

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Flee toward the elevator!

The alicorn pops around a corner and with a sharp ZOT! launches a lightning bolt at one of the griffons! The Talon's armor fizzes and pops as the powered elements go on the fritz, leaving him mostly immobile.

With a deep THOOM! a railgun round is launched back, scoring a glancing hit on the alicorn's shield and causing it to flicker. The flames and beams from Sprinkles really aren't helping her out much either.

FOALS! YOU ONLY DELAY THE INEVITABLE! NONE CAN STAND BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL GODDESS!

And then?

"wow Wow WOW! I can see again!" comes a rather familear voice.

One of the griffons groans. "Damn it all to Tartarus, not the crazy AI too!"

PV-4 doesn't seem to notice the comment. "Hey everypony! How is everyone doing? I-"

A beat.

"Why is there a princess on my roof?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "Excuse me?" the unicorn asked with a scowl. "Hey, I'm the one letting you sleep in my shack. I can have whatever attitude I want in this situation, you little-"

The door to the soda-enshrined hovel suddenly opened. A black-furred unicorn with red and white stripped hair suddenly cantered out, a huge grin on her face. "Oh hey, guests!" she exclaimed with a bubbly and chipper - if slightly ditzy-sounding - voice. "Bucky, who are our new guests?"

The stallions scowl disappeared, replaced by a cheerful smile. "Oh hey, Soda Fizz. Oh, uh, I'm not sure. The ghoul said sent them this-a-way, apparently."

"Oh! Neat!" the peppy unicorn beamed. "Have you come to see the museum?"

"Bucky" managed to keep that smile on his face, though he couldn't help but roll his eyes in a "here we go again" fashion.
    That's an improvement, I guess.

Violetta immediately turned to the new pony and smiled. "Good day. You seem like a friendly type. I don't actually know what I was doing around here, but that museum sounds like it would be worth checking out."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [I can't remember any more lyrics anyway]

Xithr smiles and leads Gleamy Mind off just a bit, headed toward a warmwater spring about a half-mile away.

"Well, let's try the spring first. I know Alicorns and Ghouls alike play well with radiation, and I for one could do with some cleaning."
    She nods
    "Should help restore a bit...At least until a shelter's found"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten Rooftop]

Sprinkles keeps up the withering assault of flame and energy. He moves to cover closer to the fallen griffin, hoping to provide cover fire and a distraction so he can escape.

"That ain't a Princess, Miss PV," Sergeant Sprinkles barks over the howl of his weaponry. "It's an imposter! A mockery! A traitor!"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Rooftop of a-Morale-ity

Getting back towards the elevator, Scoops switches to her trusty sniper rifle. If anypony is going to be able to put one between the freak eyes when the shield fails, it'll be her. The robot seems to be handling dragging the disabled griffon to safety well enough. You have to wonder though why they don't insulate the moving parts of the armor though. Just seems kind of basic, but they might not have the parts just sitting about.

Wow, she even rambles on in her own head. With the safety on and 6 shots loaded, Whadda is just looking through the scope ready to pull the trigger on the next flicker.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Girdershade]

Bucky glares as the top of the museum comes up, though Fizz doesn't notice.

"Oh don't be silly! The Grand Sparkle Cola Museum isn't in the shed. Pshaw, who would put a museum there?" she asks cheerfully, giving a small shade of her head. "Noooo, the museum is in my hours!" she proclaims with a big grin.

The canters back to the door, and gestures for them to follow. "Wanna see? Huh huh huh?" she asks excitedly.

As she turns, it becomes apparent that her cutie mark is a fizzing soda bottle. Bucky's cutie mark, it should be noted, is a shotgun shell. Hm. That bodes ill.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade - A Rock and a Hard Place]

Fleetwing was starting to seriously question his judgement regarding settlements. First an angry mob, and now this social minefield. Only, instead of mines, it was an angry stallion with a shotgun. And he had a filly who was just all too eager to drag him headlong into the breach. Sleeping in that drafty old shed seemed like it would be heaven right about now.

Fleetwing put on a fake grin and slowly followed her to the house, letting Violetta take the lead for a moment. "Sure. Seeing the museum sounds like fun." He turned to look at Bucky, grin cranking up another notch for good measure. "And only seeing the museum. And nothing else."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-Rooftop - 10:46 am

Fox Trot

Crap sack on a snail's back. This blew chunks. I really couldn't do anything, if even the railgun couldn't penetrate the shield, not even then my measly AP rounds would. Standing near the elevator and Whadda, I looked around this roof top to see what I could possibly use here in that improvisy manner.

12. - Top - End - #222

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

"A traitor, huh? Good enough for me," replies PV-4 as a rather sizable beam turret unfolds out of a nearby hatch and trains on the alicorn. It fires in tandem with the railgun and THIS time around the shield falters and fails!

The alicorn lashes out at the turret and griffon alike with a crackling arc of electricity, frying the both of them. But her attention seems to be drawn away from everpony else for the time being.

Quick!

Pump as many rounds into her as possible as quickly as possible before she manages to summon a new shield!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-Rooftop - 10:46 am

Fox Trot

Whelp, there was nothing I could use in an improvisy manner. So I fired four times at the winged unicorn.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten Rooftop]

Sergeant Sprinkles cracks off another energy beam at the Alicorn, while also unleashing another burst of roaring flames. As he bathes the mockery of his Princesses in cleansing fire, he cannot help but laugh in bloodthirsty satisfaction.

15. - Top - End - #225

Scoops only fires one shot into the form of the Alicorn. Well 'into' is the wrong term for the type of bullets the mare uses. For a .308 chambered composite marksman rifle ("Sniper Rifle" as it's generally accepted in the wastes), it's really more of a case of through.

In any case: pew
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehatten - Stable 29]

Down gets plenty of attention! Several nasty burns and one disintegrated pony later and bullets are filling the sky. It took a little while before anypony thought of looking up, but the attention came eventually. Thankfully only four ponies really have a bead on Down and none of them have any of the magnetically accelerated weapons that could really ruin her day.

Though it looks like one of those manticores just spotted her. With a huff the monster hurls itself into the sky.

What festivities!

One of the ponies at the turrets gets clipped by one beam and disintegrated by the second, leaving nothing more than a heap of pastel colored ash behind. As for the other turret?

Well, that pony ducks out of sight for a moment before bringing the minigun to bear on the charging armored earth pony! The weapon roars to life and peppers Corn with rounds, some plinking off armor and others thudding into flesh. If the wounds bother him he doesn't show it.

With a surprisingly graceful leap he hurls himself at the turret-pony, crashing down upon the poor unicorn like a living meteor. Nothing left but paste by the time Corn is done. And a quick buck to a second foe sends the offending pony slamming into a nearby wall before dropping into a lifeless heap, limbs twisted all akimbo.

Wow. Corn is pretty darn strong.

While Corn had simply plowed through the onslaught of firepower Rye takes a very different path. Hitting her proves to be frustratingly similar to boxing with shadows. The mare moves with uncanny grace, agility, and alacrity, dancing out of the line of fire moments before the trigger is pulled.

Seeing where the Team is headed three ponies dart in front of the Stable entrance in hopes of heading off Rye. To say that they find themselves sorely disappointed is a pretty dreadful understatement. She weaves and dances around their shots, summoning up her SATS and reducing one the pony's faces to a cloud of red with a pair of blasts from her shotgun. The weapon is then casually tosses into the air in a high arc moments before a hoof plants itself in the base of a guard's neck.

The pony's eyes widen with the sound of a sickening crunch as something rather important is crushed. Her companion, a deep blue unicorn, levels her own battle rifle at Rye and opens fire point black. Only to find the weapon seized by the brown earth pony and redirected into the gagging stallion.

Still in the middle of shock and trying to process what's going on the blue unicorn takes a buck to the chest with enough force to send her sprawling backwards. She gives a cough as she feels the tell-tale scrape of a rib against a lung and scrambles for her weapon-

-only to have Rye catch the earlier thrown shotgun in her teeth and send yet another pony riding into the hereafter with the Pale Horse.

"Would you all quite messing around?" comes Swiss' voice from inside the the Stable. "Get in here and I'll seal the doors."

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

At some point, Down realizes this was actually a pretty terrible plan.

This fact is solidified a bit as a bullet pings off her helmet, ever so briefly fritzing out her helmet's HUD and leaving her with a grimace.
    There was no proper artillery or sniper coverage for her in this situation, as per the norm.

Just her and the ponies running towards the Stable entrance.

Another bullet grazes her leg armor and she decides that that's a good point to pay attention.
    Nicely timed too, with that manticore on the way.

Although that is rather immediately addressed with a dip into SATS, left to peg the the monster's wings. She doesn't trust her accuracy enough for headshots, with the present plan to tackle the monster out of the sky.
    ...sort of. Technically the plan is eradicate its ability to fly, then ram into its face.

Surely it won't mind taking a tail blade through the eye, then ridden to the ground as a massive meat shield/missile?
    If so, too bad.
    "Iiiiiincomiiiing!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bucky glares as the top of the museum comes up, though Fizz doesn't notice.

"Oh don't be silly! The Grand Sparkle Cola Museum isn't in the shed. Pshaw, who would put a museum there?" she asks cheerfully, giving a small shake of her head. "Noooo, the museum is in my hours!" she proclaims with a big grin.

The canters back to the door, and gestures for them to follow. "Wanna see? Huh huh huh?" she asks excitedly.

As she turns, it becomes apparent that her cutie mark is a fizzing soda bottle. Bucky's cutie mark, it should be noted, is a shotgun shell. Hm. That bodes ill.
    "That wasn't my assumption... Anyway, lead the way." Violetta trotted onwards, not suspecting any chance of trouble.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Girdershade]

Soda Fizz squeals excitedly. "Oh goodie! Come on in!"

Bucky snorts, rolls his eyes, and turns to trot off and do something else. Presumably brood or something.

The inside of the hovel is actually quite nice and roomy. Or it would be, if it weren't for the dozens and dozens of bottles of soda scattered around. Most are empty, but a few are still sealed and full. They're almost entirely Sparkle Cola, but there are a few bottles of Sunrise Sarsaparilla, Mountain Brew, and Sunkiss.

The walls are covered with posters and advertisements for Sparkle Cola, as well as a few neon signs. There's a Sparkle Cola lamp, a few toys and knick-knacks, and even a few soda-themed hats and other pre-ware attire scattered around. And in one corner, next to the bed, is a soda machine. A real-life, fully lit-up, fully-functioning soda machine for Sparkle Cola.

"Wellllllllllllll?" Fizz asks with bright eyes. "What do you think? This is THE best Sparkle Cola museum in all of the Equestrian Wasteland! Granted, it's also the only one, but hey! Details details. And I'm totally the president of the Sparkle Cola fan club! Also the founder. And the Historian. And Treasurer. Bucky's the Vice-President," she beams. "Do you want to join? Or go on the tour? Or maybe..." she smirks, "You'd like to help me with something?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade - So far, an impressive lack of buckshot injections]

Before entering the "museum", Fleetwing performed a rather odd ritual on the doorstep; he dusted his hooves thoroughly (kicking them clean on the doorpost if there was no mat), put a little strap over his gun handle to fasten it securely in its holster, and touched his heart and muzzle with a forehoof while respectfully reciting a quiet blessing. Homes were homes, even if they were just huts of sheet metal.

The inside is both surprising and unsurprising. He'd expected the place to look much like the outside; covered in bright, neon-lit Sparkle Cola gear, and it certainly didn't disappoint. The fully-working soda machine? He wouldn't have called that. It was like a relic, magically transported back from before the war. The pegasus gave a low whistle of appreciation. "I gotta say, I ain't ever seen anything quite like this before."

At the mention of needing "help", Fleetwing paled as he imagined a grimacing Bucky, shotgun loaded, shaking his head menacingly. "Maybe just the tour for now," he responded with a nervous chuckle, tugging at his collar.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

The inside of the hovel is actually quite nice and roomy. Or it would be, if it weren't for the dozens and dozens of bottles of soda scattered around. Most are empty, but a few are still sealed and full. They're almost entirely Sparkle Cola, but there are a few bottles of Sunrise Sarsaparilla, Mountain Brew, and Sunkiss.

The walls are covered with posters and advertisements for Sparkle Cola, as well as a few neon signs. There's a Sparkle Cola lamp, a few toys and knick-knacks, and even a few soda-themed hats and other pre-ware attire scattered around. And in one corner, next to the bed, is a soda machine. A real-life, fully lit-up, fully-functioning soda machine for Sparkle Cola.
    Violetta surveyed the stupendous stocks of soda supplies, somewhat subdued. "So... is this 'Sparkle Cola' stuff particularly important or something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01
    "Wellllllllllllll?" Fizz asks with bright eyes. "What do you think? This is THE best Sparkle Cola museum in all of the Equestrian Wasteland! Granted, it's also the only one, but hey! Details details. And I'm totally the president of the Sparkle Cola fan club! Also the founder. And the Historian. And Treasurer. Bucky's the Vice-President," she beams. "Do you want to join? Or go on the tour? Or maybe..." she smirks, "You'd like to help me with something?"
    She twitched her ears at Fizz's words. "It depends. What kind of 'help' would this be?"

21. - Top - End - #231

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Bullets and bullets and flames and bullets!

Rounds rip through the alicorn as the Talon with the minigun opens fire as well. Wings, head, and chest are reduced to a bloody burning mess in short order. Seems the alicorns aren't too much more durable than an earth pony when that nasty shield of theirs isn't blocking everything that gets thrown at them.

Soo...

Yeah.

That alicorn is about as dead as she's going to get.

...as is one of the griffons. That lightning bolt caused something rather important to explode inside the suit. That sort of thing is rarely healthy.

"There are more of those monsters incoming," Blackbeak says as she unhitches the plasma cannon from the dead griffon. No use leaving such a valuable weapon behind... "We need to get out of here before they're on top of us. Fighting ONE of those abominations is more than enough. If you want we can carry you down to the ground. We'll talk payment for the rescue once we're clear."

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

Down crashes into an angry manticore! The stinger through the monster's eye takes quite a bit of the fight out of it, though not before it does its best to claw at the pegasus once she's within reach.

Then down they go!

Bullets thud into the monster's body, killing it pretty solidly if the stinger in the face hadn't already. And then with a dull crunch pony and not-pony slam into the pavement.

The three members of TRSG! are already inside the Stable doors watching the spectral.

"Eh,"
    comments Swiss. "I'll give that about a six point four. Would have been a lot more impressive if the manticore had been on fire."

PING!

A bullet plinks into the bulkhead near Swiss' face, tossing a spray of sparks upon impact. "Whoop! Time to go! Everypony inside, I'm closing the doors!"

And with that she begins to fiddle with a console she had already gutted.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Gidershade]

Soda Fizz grins. "Sparkle Cola? Important? Have you been living under a rock for the last 200 years?" she giggles.

Soda Fizz then goes into a long, drawn-out, rapid-fire explanation of Sparkle Cola, how it was invented, its cultural impact on Equestria, how it manages to stay safe for consumption for two centuries, how bottle caps became the Wasteland currency, and how it's totally super awesome and delicious.

Once she's done boring them to death, she giggles. "As for the favor I wanted to ask you... Well, you see, there were actually a few experimental flavors of Sparkle Cola that never really hit full circulation. They're around, but they're hard to find. And they have... interesting qualities..." she smiles excitedly.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade - Sparkle Cola "Museum"]

Fleetwing stood - it was impolite to take a seat if one was not offered - and nursed a growing headache. How a pony like this could keep that much information between her ears was beyond him. He wondered if she gave the same speech for every pony that wandered into town. His daydreams of finally getting to the old, musty shed for some piece and quiet were interrupted when she finally mentioned something about the job. "Special qualities, you say? What sorta special qualities?" he asked, interest piqued. Usually "special" translated to "worth a nice pile of caps", and "a nice pile of caps" translated to "better guns without digging through old, trap-filled ruins."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sparkle Cola Museum]

Violetta looked miffed. "Well, excuse me for not knowing about such things when my brain just started functioning today. It's not like I, say, have a working memory or anything."

Ouch. That tongue of hers kept getting sharper and sharper.

She zoned out a bit on the speech, but managed to take in a couple things. "So I take it you want help retrieving some of the special varieties somehow?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Fizz just looks confused by Violetta's response. "Huh."

She then goes back to grinning. "So yeah, this special Sparkle Cola... There were a few different types, like Sparkle Cola Victory, Sparkle Cola Quantum, and Sparkle Cola Zap."

She then smirks deviously. "And I happen to know where an old Sparkle Cola delivery truck is located. Some merchants mentioned spotting it a few months ago, but Bucky hasn't had the time to go check it out, and I've got to stay and tend to the museum. Sooooooooooooooooooooo...." she beams, letting them fill in the blanks.

26. - Top - End - #236

"Elevator should be safe enough," Whadda says before motioning from whence they came from. Hopefully PV-4 wasn't PV-4... but not likely. Shame about the griffon though, whoever their techs are just failed to do their job insulating.

"If they said there are more coming in the way we wouldn't be exposed. That is if you wanted to take them for their word. Big evil things are generally BLAH BLAH YOU WILL DIE."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehatten - Stable 29]

Down crashes into an angry manticore! The stinger through the monster's eye takes quite a bit of the fight out of it, though not before it does its best to claw at the pegasus once she's within reach.

Then down they go!

Bullets thud into the monster's body, killing it pretty solidly if the stinger in the face hadn't already. And then with a dull crunch pony and not-pony slam into the pavement.

The three members of TRSG! are already inside the Stable doors watching the spectral.

"Eh,"
    comments Swiss. "I'll give that about a six point four. Would have been a lot more impressive if the manticore had been on fire."

PING!

A bullet plinks into the bulkhead near Swiss' face, tossing a spray of sparks upon impact. "Whoop! Time to go! Everypony inside, I'm closing the doors!"

And with that she begins to fiddle with a console she had already gutted.
    Why did I do that?

"In the words of Pilot: Yeehaw!"
    The pegasus tries to flutter off the manticore before it hits the ground, but seems to fumble it up and ends up sliding across the ground face-first instead instead.

Thank goodness for that armor.

Not waiting for the cue to bullets to get her moving again, Down quickly skitters back up and makes a run for the Stable doors.
    "That could have gone far worse. Quickly, to your friend."
    Back to business, almost immediately with this one.

Pay no heed to the trail of blood from the joint of her left wing, and the repairing claws marks in the armor.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - Rooftop]

Sergeant Sprinkles makes a spitting noise in the direction of the pulped Alicorn. "Bitch."

He then turns, and begins to quickly hover towards the elevator. "No time to carry his body, just grab the lad's dogtags and anything useful," he states grimly. "Best option is a tactical retreat; enemy response will likely be swift and strong. Keep yer weapons hot, folks..."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale-Rooftop - 10:49 am

Fox Trot

"No one said anything about carrying his body, Sergent Sprinkles and they're already taking his weapon,"
    I rolled my eyes a little, next thing we needed was a robot with audio issues. I don't even want to think about the miscommunication errors with a robot and worst case scenario.

"Anyways, I'm with the mare here, less exposure out there, I do wonder if there are any emergency stair cases though..."

30. - Top - End - #240

[Manehatten - Stable 29]

With a loud groan of metal and a clanking of gears the heavy Stable door rolls into place and locks down. And if that isn't enough Swiss sets about adding her own layers of security over the doors, both electronic and otherwise. After encrypting and password protecting the door controls the changeling's horn lights up and slathers the moving parts of the door with gunk that looks rather akin to cherry jam.

Cherry jam that quickly hardens into a tough resin.

"Right! That takes care of that!" Swiss declares as the rest of her pony-disguise is washed away in a wave of red magic.

"I've got her PipBuck tag now that the signal isn't being blocked by the radiation shielding,"
    Rye says, looking down at the little device on her foreleg. "Hey Sour? We're on our way."

Then comes a crackle of static followed by the relived voice of a mare. "Rye? Thank Celestia. There's something damn creepy going on down here and I haven't been able to make heads or tails of it."

[Manehatten -MoM Hub]

Oh boy!

Time for everypony (and griffon, and robot) to heap into the cramped elevator! No doubt this will be all sorts of fun.

With a DING! the doors will close behind our heroes and jaunty elevator music will begin playing again. "One of you ponies is standing on my tail," grumbles one of the lionbirds.

"We'll need to stop on the thirty second floor. We still have our objective to collect," Blackbeak adds after jabbing her comrade with an elbow.