New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fire emblem 6 Nuzlocke inspired/Let's play

Oh by the way, in chapter 4 I can get an angelic robe. Any idea who I should give it to?

I was thinking Lugh?
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-10-02 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #122

Out of curiosity, does reinforcements moving on their own turn count as b.s clause. Or does it being Fe 6 invalidate that....

Guess who died?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Already a fatality, well I'm not sure who yet but I think I can narrow it down to either one of our Casters Ellen or Lugh, or one of our more or less meat shields, Marcus or Bors...

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Out of curiosity, does reinforcements moving on their own turn count as b.s clause. Or does it being Fe 6 invalidate that....

Guess who died?
    That's up to you, and I guess Lugh
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-10-02 at 11:08 PM.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    That's up to you, and I guess Lugh
    Eh, I suppose text forewarning will count, and anything else that I have foreknowledge of.

But if they literally come with no way for me to know,then I might use the b.s clause.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

I think you should just suck it up and never use the BS clause.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think you should just suck it up and never use the BS clause.
    ... But I don't like my units being gutted when there's nothing I can do.

I mean I probably should, it just stings and I want to whine.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

That wasn't whining. THIS is whining:

Augh, stupid reinforcements move on the turn the spawn and get all over the map and I can't react to them and they kill all my guys because the RNG's broken and this game sucks and why am I playing this I'm going to ragequit and never play this stupid game again...

etc etc etc until IS makes a better game. And releases it in America.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    That wasn't whining. THIS is whining:

Augh, stupid reinforcements move on the turn the spawn and get all over the map and I can't react to them and they kill all my guys because the RNG's broken and this game sucks and why am I playing this I'm going to ragequit and never play this stupid game again...

You mean Fire Emblem 7? 8 went too far on the side of easy, in my opinion.

10. - Top - End - #130

DwarfFighterGuy

Eh, I suppose text forewarning will count, and anything else that I have foreknowledge of.

But if they literally come with no way for me to know,then I might use the b.s clause.
    This first time yes, other than that no BS clause because it is FE6 and that is how it works.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tajuh View Post
    You mean Fire Emblem 7? 8 went too far on the side of easy, in my opinion.
    Depends on how you play it. Yes with the tower and skirmishes it's way too easy, but not if you play it straight.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Remember, Illven - losing characters builds character!

I've been having some bad luck in my latest HHM run too, if it makes you feel better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    HHM is pretty hard when your units never get more than 2 stat-ups per level; +1HP for 3 levels in a row Hector why do you do this to me? Also I lost Lowen (and died a little inside) when he missed a 97% attack on a brigand and then got return-critted on a 35% hit 2% crit. I'm like 6 maps into HHM and this run is already just all sorts of bad (just gotta hang on till the desert map) so far. My tactics rating is * and I'm not at ***** survival anymore, but I'm sort of masochistic and want to see how far I can get.

@Yakyak
    FE8 was really easy, easier than FE7; I don't think I've ever lost a character in that game. I want to say that you could solo it with Seth (because he's actually good, you see), but I'm probably exaggerating there. You don't need to touch the tower or the scrims all game and you'll power through the game just by virtue of how many strong characters you get just playing normally.

It'd be a hard game if you, say, had to play as the bonus characters that you get from the tower/ruins (because they're bad).

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Well only 4-6 months to go... I will be getting a 3DS just for that one game. Based on the reviews it is an amazing game. I am already impressed with the OST as well. Oh and the characters can have kids... which you later recruit...
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-10-06 at 11:46 PM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't think a BS clause in the wrong one is legitimate, maybe the first time but definitely not continuous, because then you'd have to rely on an internet forum to come up with a common opinion on what is in fact BS.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    This first time yes, other than that no BS clause because it is FE6 and that is how it works.
    Well it's kinda too late, I don't have a save from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    Remember, Illven - losing characters builds character!

I've been having some bad luck in my latest HHM run too, if it makes you feel better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    HHM is pretty hard when your units never get more than 2 stat-ups per level; +1HP for 3 levels in a row Hector why do you do this to me? Also I lost Lowen (and died a little inside) when he missed a 97% attack on a brigand and then got return-critted on a 35% hit 2% crit. I'm like 6 maps into HHM and this run is already just all sorts of bad (just gotta hang on till the desert map) so far. My tactics rating is * and I'm not at ***** survival anymore, but I'm sort of masochistic and want to see how far I can get.
    So how much character do we have in your game?

See for my HHM run, I intend to be a giant baby, and RNG abuse decent levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Well only 4-6 months to go... I will be getting a 3DS just for that one game. Based on the reviews it is an amazing game. I am already impressed with the OST as well. Oh and the characters can have kids... which you later recruit...
    Want the game......

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarot View Post
    I don't think a BS clause in the wrong one is legitimate, maybe the first time but definitely not continuous, because then you'd have to rely on an internet forum to come up with a common opinion on what is in fact BS.
    Yeah, I know it's fair because Fe 6. It just sucks to lose someone this early.

16. - Top - End - #136

I'd say that so far you've got more character than... Dorcas.

Just kidding; if the characters in FE7/8 were as colorful as you guys are, I'd never be able to find the time to post here.

But yeah, go ahead and RNG your levels. It's better than hitting a wall and getting stuck on level X or whatever. Normally I'd just reset if half my team were getting +2s all level long, but iron-man.
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2012-10-07 at 02:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of building characters, I had a tough call to make. Remember that Kent photo I keep tossing around? I got back to that game, and doing Ch26, Heath and Fiora got seperated, and reduced to enough HP to each be killed by the last of the wyverns from the north, but neither had enough pwer to KO it alone. I had to send one on a suicide attack so the other could finish him.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Want the game......
    I want it too... apparently the release date is so late due to the amount of text the game has: more than any other FE game...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

I'd say that so far you've got more character than... Dorcas.

Just kidding; if the characters in FE7/8 were as colorful as you guys are, I'd never be able to find the time to post here.

But yeah, go ahead and RNG your levels. It's better than hitting a wall and getting stuck on level X or whatever. Normally I'd just reset if half my team were getting +2s all level long, but iron-man.
    Nina's a more blatant singing Florina

Speaking of building characters, I had a tough call to make. Remember that Kent photo I keep tossing around? I got back to that game, and doing Ch26, Heath and Fiora got seperated, and reduced to enough HP to each be killed by the last of the wyverns from the north, but neither had enough pwer to KO it alone. I had to send one on a suicide attack so the other could finish him.
    Couldn't you just re-set/keep them away from said wyverns

I want it too... apparently the release date is so late due to the amount of text the game has: more than any other FE game...
    That.... is promising

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Guess who died?
    Hmm, in the future (as you said you didn't have a save point on the current chapter), you could make a save state at the beginning of each turn and then end said turn (before moving units around) to see where the reinforcements will come from. Then load up the save state and continue play as usual.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground

You could look up certain guides to find out where the reinforcements come from and count this one as a freebie.

22. - Top - End - #142

(Note the delay on the updates is partly I don't like Fe 6 nearly has much as Fe 7. And partly I got white 2 and Mass effect 1 and 3 yesterday. (I had 2 already) I'll do my best to have part one up tomorrow.)

@Tajuh Well the unit is dead anyway, because I don't have a save from before the end of chapter 4. Although if you have such a guide, and care to link to it, that would be awesome!

23. - Top - End - #143

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/ENG_fe6.htm

It's not complete and only has up to ch.11, but it's very straightforward. There's also a non-translated full-version that you can access by just clicking on the 'Sword of Seals' bit. You can run that through google-translate though, which does a passable enough job.

The FE wiki [2] is also pretty good.

[1] http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe6.htm
    [2] http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/The_Emblem_of_Fire

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Fire Emblem Kakusei may be out in Europe (and hence Australia) by the 25th of January 2013... three arduous months to go...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

(Note the delay on the updates is partly I don't like Fe 6 nearly has much as Fe 7. And partly I got white 2 and Mass effect 1 and 3 yesterday. (I had 2 already) I'll do my best to have part one up tomorrow.)
    ME1 is going to be a bit clunky controlling compared to 2, but the upside is that you can go into 2 with more than the default setup.

Also: I bet it was Thany.

26. - Top - End - #146

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/ENG_fe6.htm

It's not complete and only has up to ch.11, but it's very straightforward. There's also a non-translated full-version that you can access by just clicking on the 'Sword of Seals' bit. You can run that through google-translate though, which does a passable enough job.

The FE wiki [2] is also pretty good.

[1] http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe6.htm
    [2] http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/The_Emblem_of_Fire
    Yay! Thank you.

Fire Emblem Kakusei may be out in Europe (and hence Australia) by the 25th of January 2013... three arduous months to go...
    I have no idea when it's coming out here.

ME1 is going to be a bit clunky controlling compared to 2, but the upside is that you can go into 2 with more than the default setup.

Also: I bet it was Thany.
    I've noticed. I hate that it takes 60 secs to recharge my biotics

27. - Top - End - #147

DwarfFighterGuy

@Tajuh Well the unit is dead anyway, because I don't have a save from before the end of chapter 4. Although if you have such a guide, and care to link to it, that would be awesome!
    If you still have the save couldn't you load it and then restart the chapter?

28. - Top - End - #148

No, I mean after all the text and stuff, the save is right before chapter 5

29. - Top - End - #149

Ch 4 part 1 of ?
    Spoiler
    Show

Right, I wonder what Hector did to that Laus prince that attacked us.

I really hope it's because Hector needed to cover up Darin's death....

What else is new. What does Zephiel have mind control now.

That sounds promising.

Narshen to come to our side yet.
    Because it's not wise, because we're about to gut you.

Eric old, moldy traditions, sir.

Narshen She does not seem to be here.

Eric She is a naive girl you see.

Eric she came right along with us.
    Well it won't be too hard to get Roy to take out Eric.

Klein, that name sounds familiar.

Clarine.... Klein and Clarine.... Aren't they Pent and Louise's children!

That's creepy.

Shut up, before he guts you, and Pent somehow blames Erk for your death.

retaken by the enemy!

Yeah like we're going to let Eric live that long.

Narshen This Roy figure might pass by.

Okay Roy, the traitor Eric has deployed his troops, we need to move to meet them. And rescue the girl he had hostage. Lugh visit that house.
    *sigh* Sure, Illven. Whatever you say.

Save the towns!
    I know this already.

Ah!

I better get paid extra for this.

Arrgh!

Okay Thany visit that village. Ellen heal Ward. Bors attack the nomad. Lance and Alan attack the Cavalier. Ward finish the Nomad.

chests and doors.

You should thank me.

There you go, sir.

Okay, not bad.

Traitor!

For master Roy.

Break upon my lance.

Great job!

Arrgh!

Ah!

Damn.

Characters that speak in this update
    Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Marcus
    Alan
    Lance
    Bors
    Ellen
    Ward

Well this is finally up. Bleh, not nearly as fun as Fe 7

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmm wonder when Roy will accept the eccentricities of his tactician? Though I'm sure there will either be a humorous or bitter I told you so, (which one depending on how it finally comes about).

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 18
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 14