New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Manager: El Jaspero
    Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
    White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
    Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
    Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
    Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"
    SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Ohhh dear," Romeo says scooting back his chair. That is not a friendly voice.

"Oh my, I didn't mean to insult you Marty," Elio says sympathetically. "I'm sorry so much has happened to you, especially Shada, I didn't know her well, but I can understand loss plenty. It's quite a miracle you're alive, so let's focus on that." He takes another sip of wine before he offers his next two cents. "That may have been the best GLoG could do, but do you have any plans to repair your body further?"
    Marty hides his face again, the light now only showing his good face, which is still very unhappy-looking. He kinda glares at Romeo scooting away before speaking. Sorry? I am too. Life is unfair. Shada left me with this c-cloak, and a ring of minor healing. It k-kept m-me from dying. Wouldn't let me die. Now I'm h-here, hiding my face. For the best too, now the people just boo and hiss at me. They don't understand pain. He props his left hand up onto the table, removing it from his pocket. His hand flops down with a sickly thump from the table. He removes the glove slowly, revealing a horribly burnt hand as well. It...well, the palm is just heavily scarred, but his fingers are bones, barely held together by scarred ligaments and dead muscle tissue.

P-Plans? Magic doesn't w-work on m-me. It'll h-have t-to be technology. I once met a scientists named Magtok. He s-seemed like a good m-man, he actually gave me a leg to fix me up when it had been burnt by the gnolls....when Shada d-died... I'm not good around fire, apparently. He sighs heavily before speaking once more. Now, if I c-can contact him, I might be able to repair myself a b-bit. But...I need a j-job now. The Sl-Sleeping Goblin burnt down, Shada and my daughter died. My friends are gone. Y-You're all that's l-left. I'm amazed you even came.

3. - Top - End - #3

Romeo looks embarassed and apologetic at Marty.

"I'm not the kind of person who leaves people Marty. I agree that the technological medical means may be what's best. A robotic arm would grant your mobility back, but I'd reccomend something more middle of the road like skin grafts for your face." Elio adds a deep sigh. "I'm also going to have to reccomend psychological help. Therapy, counseling, something." Sudden tonal shifts in tone of attitude and voice are not okay.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Romeo looks embarassed and apologetic at Marty.

"I'm not the kind of person who leaves people Marty. I agree that the technological medical means may be what's best. A robotic arm would grant your mobility back, but I'd reccomend something more middle of the road like skin grafts for your face." Elio adds a deep sigh. "I'm also going to have to reccomend psychological help. Therapy, counseling, something." Sudden tonal shifts in tone of attitude and voice are not okay.
    Marty quite scowling at Romeo and moves to Elio. Marty's only a few years older than Romeo. Poor Romeo might be a bit frightened, especially seeing as Marty used to like him. Y-Yes, technology would work. Skin grafts? Y-Yes...that would fix my face f-for the most part. I'd need a n-new eye...and teeth. A robotic arm, or something like it would allow me to move again, and allow m-me to h-hide the burns from p-people... Though that won't change anything, probably. People will always treat me like a monster, now. His eyes narrow down at Elio. ...What? Therapy?! What do you think therapy will do for me, old man?! Waste more of the money I need to fix myself?! I tried counseling, at GLoG. My "therapist" won't even look at me!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Marty may notice that after that outburst, one of the bartenders (a tall woman wearing a grey cowl and a Trog's uniform) is staring at him, a knowing look on their face. If they can see the damaged part of his face from the bar, she'll...smile?

"Is there a problem?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-15 at 05:57 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6

Romeo seems to wilt under Marty's stare. "I... I need to go to the bathroom." Elio nods and the boy runs in the direction of the bathroom.

Elio on the other hand, doesn't even flinch. "That doesn't sound like something GLoG would do, and even if they did, it still matters. You've been through terrible trauma. Such things take a toll on the mind, and a therapist can relieve the tension on your mind and your heart."

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Romeo seems to wilt under Marty's stare. "I... I need to go to the bathroom." Elio nods and the boy runs in the direction of the bathroom.

Elio on the other hand, doesn't even flinch. "That doesn't sound like something GLoG would do, and even if they did, it still matters. You've been through terrible trauma. Such things take a toll on the mind, and a therapist can relieve the tension on your mind and your heart."
    He grins, but it doesn't at all fit Marty's usual friendly smile. His right side has soft, pink lips, shining white teeth and his wonderful blue eye. However, his left face is that horrible skull, eyeless, lipless, his teeth black, his tongue visible through the side of his face... He grins with the look of a man who doesn't know what to do with himself, but hate others. What heart, little man? Look deep into my heart and soul and mind, see what you can see, old man. He sighs and looks over at the barmaid. Problem? N-No. If there is I'll t-tell you. His face is not visible to her, for he doesn't look her way.

He speaks once more to Elio. T-Terrible trauma? Y-Yes. What do I do with m-myself? I'm half a walking c-corpse. I am destined to be n-nothing but a strange man...A burnt up freak. I don't know what t-to do.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie at the bar also glances over at Elio's and Marty's table. Marty's yelling definitely gets her attention. She will gently try to reach out with her empathic senses to try to read his emotions.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #9

After a long bit of walking, Iamar heads into the tavern, Cal beside her. She heads to sit at a table.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Cal is, in fact, right behind her, his helmet and mask under his arm.
    "Nice place. Homey, in a rough sort of way."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #11

"Many people new to the Nexus come here first," Iamar says as she sits down. "It is a good place to find more information about this world."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Cal sits down, too.
    "Seems like a much better place for a first stop than what I got. And I guess plenty of people are pretty confused when they show up."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Yes, I was. And you told me that was enough for...something. I think. I don't know what the rest of that sentence was going to be." Ithuriel shrugs awkwardly. It's pretty easy to lose one's train of thought when interrupted like that.
    "Ah, yes. Well, I was going to say that some diplomatic skill is sufficient for our purposes, since we don't have that many members who can do it at all. Our group tends to attract those inclined to using force," Wenomir explains.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #14

"If you say so." The barmaid turns away from Marty. Let him yell about his injuries, as long as no one's fighting.

She turns to Iamar and Cal as they take a seat. "Welcome to Trog's! Can I can get you two something to drink?"

((What change in speech color? ))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-15 at 05:57 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

"Mmm, that doesn't surprise me. It's nice to know I'll be of some use to you then. I guess I'll head over to Watchtower some time in the near future then." Some time in the near future meaning hopefully a point when Wenomir is around to help speed up the introductory process.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir shrugs.
    "We could go now, if you want. I don't have anything in particular to do here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #17

"We're fine, everything is fine," Elio says as the barmaid leaves. "I don't have to look at your hear, Marty. A man who needs help is right at the surface. Let's just take this one step at a time. Body, then mind, and then heart. I'll stick with you the whole way."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-04-16 at 08:20 AM.

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

...well that works too.

Ithuriel swiftly finishes off her drink.

"Whenever you're ready then. Lead on."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll just take a beer. Whatever's popular, as long as it's cold."
    Cal's not picky with this sort of thing, it seems.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir puts his empty glass on the top, puts his sheathed sword on his back and leads the way out of the tavern.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Angie at the bar also glances over at Elio's and Marty's table. Marty's yelling definitely gets her attention. She will gently try to reach out with her empathic senses to try to read his emotions.
    Well, Angie will easily read that he's very, very depressed. There's also an unfortunately large amount of anger swirling around in his heart, murderous anger. There's also shame and self-disgust. A bunch of very painful emotions live inside of Marty at the moment.

"We're fine, everything is fine," Elio says as the barmaid leaves. "I don't have to look at your hear, Marty. A man who needs help is right at the surface. Let's just take this one step at a time. Body, then mind, and then heart. I'll stick with you the whole way."
    Marty just turns his head a little. His right hand reaches over to take a drink, and poor Elio will be able to see the water flow down his throat...

He then speaks. One s-step? My m-mind is f-fine. I'm fine. H-Happy. Content. F-Fine! I just need to f-fix myself...then I'll b-be f-fine. I'm fine! He seems to be a bit upset that even Elio notices his odd behavior. His left hand twitches softly, the bare fragments of muscle left barely sending signals up to his brain. Stick with me just like Shada did? Eh?

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Cal sits down, too.
    "Seems like a much better place for a first stop than what I got. And I guess plenty of people are pretty confused when they show up."
    "Of course," Iamar says. "I was disoriented upon my arrival here myself."

23. - Top - End - #23

"Sure, one beer, coming right up."

Let's see, what's the default cold thing... the bartender prepares a mug of Guilders' (fumbling a little bit with the glass) and passes it off to Cosmo to deliver to the table.
    "I'm...not feeling so great. Get someone to cover the rest of this shift?"

Cosmo grudgingly agrees and brings Cal the drink.

The barmaid makes her way out towards the door, looking very unsteady all of a sudden. The heatless flames around her feet are burning very low, and the light left in her footsteps barely lasts a second.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Cal nods as his drink arrives, taking a pull.
    "Fully functional refrigeration. Excellent."
    He then turns back to Iamar
    "But yeah, I guess I really wasn't much better. I just had more time to figure everything out. It was a long walk."

25. - Top - End - #25

Iamar is about to respond when she notices the barmaid not looking too hot (heh.) "One moment," she says, rising from her seat to approach Cal. "Excuse me, do you need help?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Well, Angie will easily read that he's very, very depressed. There's also an unfortunately large amount of anger swirling around in his heart, murderous anger. There's also shame and self-disgust. A bunch of very painful emotions live inside of Marty at the moment.

Marty just turns his head a little. His right hand reaches over to take a drink, and poor Elio will be able to see the water flow down his throat...

He then speaks. One s-step? My m-mind is f-fine. I'm fine. H-Happy. Content. F-Fine! I just need to f-fix myself...then I'll b-be f-fine. I'm fine! He seems to be a bit upset that even Elio notices his odd behavior. His left hand twitches softly, the bare fragments of muscle left barely sending signals up to his brain. Stick with me just like Shada did? Eh?
    (Y'know, if magic doesn't work on Marty, it must be some mad-strong science keeping him together.)

"Stick with you like Elio will," Elio says. "Marty, you may not want to admit it, but this sort of thing doesn't happen without trauma. If your physical condition wan't so severe I'd insist we get you counseling first. I can only help you as far as you can trust me. Are you willing to?"

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Angie frowns turning away from the table. She takes some time to think before reaching out again. This time she wants to adjust him, just a bit. This man he is with seems to care and want to help. She will try to plant a small seed of trust in Marty's mind. A very subtle suggestion to trust Elio and listen to him. It might take a bit for it too kick in if it does at all. She finishes up her drink and works on finishing her sandwich.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

(Y'know, if magic doesn't work on Marty, it must be some mad-strong science keeping him together.)

"Stick with you like Elio will," Elio says. "Marty, you may not want to admit it, but this sort of thing doesn't happen without trauma. If your physical condition wan't so severe I'd insist we get you counseling first. I can only help you as far as you can trust me. Are you willing to?"
    (A special kind of blood healing, an extract constantly pumped into him to keep his blood reproducing, powered by a ring given to him from Shada to keep him alive in times of harm.)

Marty growls for a few seconds, his mind running through the best answer to give, ignoring the voices screaming at him inside his head. He offers a hand for Elio to shake. His good hand is given for Elio to shake. Y-You're my oldest l-living friend. You're one of the f-few people I c-can trust. Then h-help me. Now, my l-life as it was is over. You m-must understand that. Counseling with who? Sometimes....I h-hear her in my head...see her...hold her... His voice is fraught with a bit of fear. I hear them all.

29. - Top - End - #29

"No I-" She trips, and just catches herself on a table.
    "Maybe. Uh, yes? The flames are unwell, and they won't talk to me. I need to be away from here and people. Help me walk outside?"

The flames get a little more intense. But, darker at the same time. There are traces of black flames among the more normal colors. Marty, if he notices the ill employee, might recognize them.

((Wait, this can't be the same continuity for Marty, even if it is for her. This has to happen coincident with the scene in Outside))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-04-16 at 11:21 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30

Iamar nods without another word, and tries to get her arm around Cal's shoulder so she can assist with walking. Hopefully her weapons won't make Cal uncomfortable.