New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures.

[Shag Estate]

Their unicorn feigned disinterest in all the obvious wealth around him, attempting to engage the guard in small talk as he was led off.

[Balboa's Office]

Snow Angel fell in line behind Copper Shine as the pair stepped into the office of one of the most powerful ponies in the land and bowed their heads in respect. The fact that the guards could slaughter them on the spot at a nod from Balboa, and not a soul would ever hear of their fates, weighed heavily on the pegasi's mind. Office, tomb, they sounded rather alike to her.

"Mister Shag, it is a great honor for both myself and my colleague to see you face-to-face." Copper stepped forward, laying on the charm. "Truly, a most amazing opportunity, an astounding windfall that neither of us could have foretold. Now we merely wish to reciprocate the favor; what is it you require of us?"

(Now all we need is Hay Bale to pop in at just the wrong right time and make things awkward )
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox softly sighed and gave her an encouraging smile. "I won't let nothing bad happen to us." He softly kissed the top of her head as they walked through park, Fox opting for keeping to the more populated sidewalks. He kept a subtle eye out.
    Icy smiled a little at that, her spirits lifted somewhat. She stuck close to her coltfriend, slightly more relaxed.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Shag Estate]

Their unicorn feigned disinterest in all the obvious wealth around him, attempting to engage the guard in small talk as he was led off.
    The guard ignored the attempts at small talk and kept to his duties of keeping a watchful eye on him. The parlor room had a warm glow to it from the ornate lighting fixtures. The walls an orange-red wallpaper with gold trimmings, the walls themselves had a couple of expensive looking decorations and a couple more paintings. Some looked to be possibly originals from great artists like Roan Whorl, DaCroupchi, Cadmium Vecanter and blah this is hard, screw it. There were a couple of couches and seats to sit down on. One couch was currently occupied by a napping mare.

A maid would come in and ask him if he wanted something to drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish
    [Balboa's Office]

Snow Angel fell in line behind Copper Shine as the pair stepped into the office of one of the most powerful ponies in the land and bowed their heads in respect. The fact that the guards could slaughter them on the spot at a nod from Balboa, and not a soul would ever hear of their fates, weighed heavily on the pegasi's mind. Office, tomb, they sounded rather alike to her.

"Mister Shag, it is a great honor for both myself and my colleague to see you face-to-face." Copper stepped forward, laying on the charm. "Truly, a most amazing opportunity, an astounding windfall that neither of us could have foretold. Now we merely wish to reciprocate the favor; what is it you require of us?"

"Well first~"
    He said with a little hum as he walked out from behind his desk, his eyes on Snow Angel but his words to Copper Shine. "I'd like you two to take a seat, let yourselves be comfortable, there is no reason why business matters can't be comfortable." His eyes briefly gestured to the large comfortable seating pillows. "Its a pleasure to meet you both in the flesh." He said to Copper but kept his eyes on Snow as he flashed a charming smile. He took her hoof in a gregarious manner and planted a light gentlecolt's kiss.

"Would either of you care for a little drink? I have me a new bottle of brandy just waiting to be opened."

==========================================

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy smiled a little at that, her spirits lifted somewhat. She stuck close to her coltfriend, slightly more relaxed.
    Fox couldn't help but have a little smile on his face, it was nice playing the role of the protector. The walk back, for them at least, was uneventful, which could be a good thing, or a more worry making thing. Fox couldn't spy anypony that seemed conspicuous and that worried him something. But he knew had to keep up his relaxed act, for Icy, to keep her at relative ease.

They walked into the lobby of the Plazma Hotel where they were greeted by the concierge doing their job to make their guests feel welcomed and waited upon, well, at least the wealthier guests.

"Ah, Mister Stage Playright, Mrs Winter Solstice, welcome back, did you have an enjoyable outing?" The male concierge pony asked.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox couldn't help but have a little smile on his face, it was nice playing the role of the protector. The walk back, for them at least, was uneventful, which could be a good thing, or a more worry making thing. Fox couldn't spy anypony that seemed conspicuous and that worried him something. But he knew had to keep up his relaxed act, for Icy, to keep her at relative ease.

They walked into the lobby of the Plazma Hotel where they were greeted by the concierge doing their job to make their guests feel welcomed and waited upon, well, at least the wealthier guests.

"Ah, Mister Stage Playright, Mrs Winter Solstice, welcome back, did you have an enjoyable outing?" The male concierge pony asked.
    Icy tilted her head at the concierge, as befitted a trophy wife. "Indeed we did. Manehattan is quite the city." She flicked her ears nonchalantly.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-03-04 at 03:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

[Balboa's Office]

Snow Angel shifted her weight uncomfortably, eying the morning sky in the window behind Balboa's desk. Before she'd been nervous about a trap. Now she felt like the prey, toyed with by the expert predator. She flushed and mildly glowered at Balboa for his rather forward flirtations. "I'll be standing, sir, if it's all the same to you," she replied icily.

Copper cleared his throat none too quietly as he reclined on one of the cushions. "Do excuse her, Mister Shag. She's a true blue pegasi, and not just from her coat." He chuckled at his little joke. "Never comfortable unless she can stretch her wings."

Snow's glower turned up a few notches as it turned to her partner.

Copper pointedly ignored the glare. "And I would quite enjoy the chance to sample the beverage that dares to be quality enough for the richest palette in Equestria."

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Icy tilted her head at the concierge, as befitted a trophy wife. "Indeed we did. Manehattan is quite the city." She flicked her ears nonchalantly.

"We ourselves quite the time, and nice weather to boot, seems we came here at the right time,"
    Fox said with a smirkish smile. "I think we right now we're going to take a short rest before we hit the town again."

"Mmm, yes, well sir, let us know if you need anything, we're here for you," The concierge said putting on their best affable smile.

"Of course...actually, if could be bring me a copy of today's newspaper up the room, that would be great,"
    Fox said casually cozying up against Icy to play well casual.

"Oh of course sir!..We'll have one right up with the bellhop."

"Thank you...now if you'll excuse me...me and missus will be heading to our room,"
    He said and gave a farewell nod as he walked himself and Icy into the elevator.
    ==========================

[Balboa's Office]

Snow Angel shifted her weight uncomfortably, eying the morning sky in the window behind Balboa's desk. Before she'd been nervous about a trap. Now she felt like the prey, toyed with by the expert predator. She flushed and mildly glowered at Balboa for his rather forward flirtations. "I'll be standing, sir, if it's all the same to you," she replied icily.

Copper cleared his throat none too quietly as he reclined on one of the cushions. "Do excuse her, Mister Shag. She's a true blue pegasi, and not just from her coat." He chuckled at his little joke. "Never comfortable unless she can stretch her wings."

Snow's glower turned up a few notches as it turned to her partner.

Copper pointedly ignored the glare. "And I would quite enjoy the chance to sample the beverage that dares to be quality enough for the richest palette in Equestria."

"Then I suppose working in a lab, she must always be...uncomfortable hahah..I jest...I jest.."
    He said to Copper as he slowly released Snow's hoof, keeping his charming smile even if it was microscopically off.

"Please, Miss Snow Angel, there's no need to be tightly wound, its okay to relax,"
    He hummed and strutted over to his liquor cabinet and whipped out two snifter glasses and a glass bottle of warm amber colored brandy.

He walked back to his desk and poured some into the two glasses and slid them into Copper's direction and Snow's in case she ever got a change of heart. He then poured himself some brandy into his own glass and took a deep sniff.

"Mmmm...nothing like the smell of a strong cognac,"
    He said as he lightly swirled the drink and drank up the aroma before finally drinking it himself.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

"We ourselves quite the time, and nice weather to boot, seems we came here at the right time,"
    Fox said with a smirkish smile. "I think we right now we're going to take a short rest before we hit the town again."

"Mmm, yes, well sir, let us know if you need anything, we're here for you," The concierge said putting on their best affable smile.

"Of course...actually, if could be bring me a copy of today's newspaper up the room, that would be great,"
    Fox said casually cozying up against Icy to play well casual.

"Oh of course sir!..We'll have one right up with the bellhop."

"Thank you...now if you'll excuse me...me and missus will be heading to our room,"
    He said and gave a farewell nod as he walked himself and Icy into the elevator.
    Icy flashed another plastic smile at the concierge as they trotted off towards the elevator. As soon as they were safely ensconced in the elevator, she let out a quiet sigh of relief. "This subterfuge thing is proving harder than I thought. Just how one do it day in day out?"

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

"Then I suppose working in a lab, she must always be...uncomfortable hahah..I jest...I jest.."
    He said to Copper as he slowly released Snow's hoof, keeping his charming smile even if it was microscopically off.

"Please, Miss Snow Angel, there's no need to be tightly wound, its okay to relax,"
    He hummed and strutted over to his liquor cabinet and whipped out two snifter glasses and a glass bottle of warm amber colored brandy.

He walked back to his desk and poured some into the two glasses and slid them into Copper's direction and Snow's in case she ever got a change of heart. He then poured himself some brandy into his own glass and took a deep sniff.

"Mmmm...nothing like the smell of a strong cognac,"
    He said as he lightly swirled the drink and drank up the aroma before finally drinking it himself.
    Snow looked at the glass with trepidation. "...I'd better wait until after I'm done explaining the science."

Copper, on the other hoof, was well into enjoying his glass. Taking in the aroma, letting the fierce liquor rest on his palette to fully absorb the taste, then a gentle swallow to brace for the punch. Here was a stallion who was no stranger to a fine bottle. "Beautiful. Poetry in a glass." The copper stallion smacked his lips softly and appreciatively. "But I must agree with my colleague; better to get the messy business out of the way first, so we may all enjoy this fine gift of brandy." He smiled lazily at Snow; she merely glowered at him in return.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Icy flashed another plastic smile at the concierge as they trotted off towards the elevator. As soon as they were safely ensconced in the elevator, she let out a quiet sigh of relief. "This subterfuge thing is proving harder than I thought. Just how is one do it day in day out?"

"With the right mental tool set, quite easily, its something I did everyday before meeting you,"
    He said with a lopsided smile. "Its a talent, or so I like to believe." He playfully wiggled his flank to show his cutiemark.

============================================
    Snow looked at the glass with trepidation. "...I'd better wait until after I'm done explaining the science."

Copper, on the other hoof, was well into enjoying his glass. Taking in the aroma, letting the fierce liquor rest on his palette to fully absorb the taste, then a gentle swallow to brace for the punch. Here was a stallion who was no stranger to a fine bottle. "Beautiful. Poetry in a glass." The copper stallion smacked his lips softly and appreciatively. "But I must agree with my colleague; better to get the messy business out of the way first, so we may all enjoy this fine gift of brandy." He smiled lazily at Snow; she merely glowered at him in return.

"Of course....whelp, let's just let the proverbial cat out of the bag first to get it out of the way....what did go down with the subject you acquired...but then faced complications with?"
    He asked lightly swishing his brandy in his glass.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

"With the right mental tool set, quite easily, its something I did everyday before meeting you,"
    He said with a lopsided smile. "Its a talent, or so I like to believe." He playfully wiggled his flank to show his cutiemark.
    Icy coloured slightly at his unintentionally saucy gesture. She quickly shook that thought away. "I, for one, am glad I don't need to do this for a living. Subterfuge is not just not my thing."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course....whelp, let's just let the proverbial cat out of the bag first to get it out of the way....what did go down with the subject you acquired...but then faced complications with?"
    He asked lightly swishing his brandy in his glass.
    Copper frowned, and then promptly took another sip of brandy to lighten his mood. "Ah, a sad tale that. We had searched far and wide for our subject, to no avail. You can imagine our surprise when we opened our morning paper, and there he was on the front cover. The little guy had joined up with that airship crew - Cirrus, I believe it's called - which certainly explains why his trail jumped around everywhere."

"The extraction almost went off without a hitch. Snow and I were old friends of the subject, and it was rather easy to convince him his help was needed elsewhere. Unfortunately, a fellow crewmate by the name of Blazing Hooves wished to tag along to ensure his safety. Our backup, an odd creature going by Mystic Muse, managed to paralyze the subject whilst Snow and I drugged Mister Hooves. She insisted the stallion be left to her..."care", and we had no choice but to comply."

"More like she would've torn our heads off if we didn't," Snow chimed in acidly.

"Something like that, yes. We took the subject to our hidden research center and began testing, but before long we came under attack. We found out later that Mister Hooves was alive, well, and helping to lead the charge against us. Our security forces stood no chance against them, and we ordered an evacuation, throwing as many defenses as we could at them to delay their advance. Sadly, they arrived at the hangar right as we were preparing to leave, and we were forced at crossbow-point to hand over the subject."

"I was able to take a good dozen or so blood samples before they reached us. That, and a few x-rays and other examinations are all we've had to go off of." So much knowledge, so much progress, only to have it snatched from their hooves at the last moment. Snow frowned bitterly at the memory.

"Which is why your proposition interests us greatly, Mister Shag." Copper continued before Snow's attitude brought the whole meeting down. "As it stands, with such a force protecting the subject and our ruse well blown, we haven't the slightest of hopes of recovering the subject. But for you, Mister Shag, I have heard that even miracles are possible." A little dose of flattery never hurt when you were asking for what amounted to handouts.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa's Office

The older stallion listened with a feigned casualness to keep himself from reacting to key words. So that's why the named Sandy Shores sounded familiar. He conclided that he ought to look more into this crew that was on his payroll. He opted to not mention things like how small a world this was in regards to that Mystic Muse pony.

"Possible indeed,"
    He hummed as Copper finished speaking his last piece. He drummed his hooves on his desk and stretched his neck a little. He was creating a little tension on purpose, keep them on their hooves, subliminally making them aware just how much in charge he was.

"What if I...told you, I can get the crew of the Cirrus to abide by my wishes? Like perhaps a wish to have your subject, willingly be a part of your experiments without the need of any guises or cover stories to lure him in?"
    He hummed lightly and took a sip of his brandy.

=============

Manehatten

Icy coloured slightly at his unintentionally saucy gesture. She quickly shook that thought away. "I, for one, am glad I don't need to do this for a living. Subterfuge is not just not my thing."

"Oh...but it can be fun....like a lethal game of cat and mouse!"
    He joked and nipped her ear. He was doing his best to try to ease her mind, even if he had to resort to flirting with her, not that he minded doing that.

The elevator eventually brought them to their floor as he escorted her out.

"I do hope that Lone Star is alright though as weird as those words from my mouth are."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

Manehatten

"Oh...but it can be fun....like a lethal game of cat and mouse!"
    He joked and nipped her ear. He was doing his best to try to ease her mind, even if he had to resort to flirting with her, not that he minded doing that.

The elevator eventually brought them to their floor as he escorted her out.

"I do hope that Lone Star is alright though as weird as those words from my mouth are."
    Icy smiled a little as Fox nipped her ear. "Maybe for you." She made her way towards their room. "Anyway, I'm sure Lone Star can take care of himself." Hopefully their "butler" would arrive soon.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star, odd as it was for him, returned without incident, and in fact had simply gone up a separate set of stairs. He came in on the other side of the hall to meet up with them.

Y'ello.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Office

The older stallion listened with a feigned casualness to keep himself from reacting to key words. So that's why the named Sandy Shores sounded familiar. He conclided that he ought to look more into this crew that was on his payroll. He opted to not mention things like how small a world this was in regards to that Mystic Muse pony.

"Possible indeed,"
    He hummed as Copper finished speaking his last piece. He drummed his hooves on his desk and stretched his neck a little. He was creating a little tension on purpose, keep them on their hooves, subliminally making them aware just how much in charge he was.
    And from the looks on their faces, it was working. To have their precious project destroyed forever, then getting the slightest hope of having it back? If Balboa kept them waiting much longer, poor Snow would have a heart attack.

"What if I...told you, I can get the crew of the Cirrus to abide by my wishes? Like perhaps a wish to have your subject, willingly be a part of your experiments without the need of any guises or cover stories to lure him in?"
    He hummed lightly and took a sip of his brandy.
    The two ponies stared wide-eyed; first at Balboa, then each other, then back to their benefactor. "Th-then I would say that...that would be sufficiently miraculous." Copper took a solid swig of the brandy to steady his nerves. Even with his restraint, his twitching tail betrayed his intense excitement.

Snow Angel, on the other hoof, looked to be on the verge of that heart attack. Her wings fluttered, fighting to open and flap out some tension. Her eyes fixated on the stallion in front of her, as if he would vanish into the ether if she so much as blinked. "But...but how?! No doubt he's been told we lied to him before, and if his mates catch wind of it they'll be on us in a heartbeat, so how in Equestria is he going to just...just waltz right on up to the examination table and let us jab away at him?!"

Copper winced at the outburst, but found himself nodding along. "You have to understand, Mister Shag, we've run through countless backup plans, spent countless nights brainstorming ways to recover the subject, all of which turned up nothing. What my partner is trying to say is," he leaned forward eagerly on his cushion as Snow chanced an advancing step, both their eyes shining in anticipation. "Could it really be that easy?"

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Icy smiled a little as Fox nipped her ear. "Maybe for you." She made her way towards their room. "Anyway, I'm sure Lone Star can take care of himself." Hopefully their "butler" would arrive soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star, odd as it was for him, returned without incident, and in fact had simply gone up a separate set of stairs. He came in on the other side of the hall to meet up with them.

Y'ello.

"Greetings Ink Pen, I take it your hooficure went well,"
    Fox said without a beat, letting his mental self recover from the surprise of him popping up out of nowhere.

"In any case, let us head back to the room,"
    He said keeping up the charade anyways.
    ========================

Balboa's Pad

"As easy as a call and visit to the Cirrus crew. Let's just say.....I have my connections and they extend quite far. Its a good skill to develop you know, building social relations, creating social connections, scratching another's back so that they mutually scratch yours,"
    He said swishing what remained of his drink and watched the swirls as he slowly glanced up at the pair of ponies.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground

[/SIZE]

Fox said without a beat, letting his mental self recover from the surprise of him popping up out of nowhere.

Icy smiled a little at Lone Star. At least he was safe, though a small part of her mind was curious as to how Lone Star managed to get around without triggering suspicions. "Good to see you too, Ink Pen," she greeted, before turning to follow Fox.

Once they were safely in the room, she locked the door—a probably futile precaution, but Icy felt a little more secure with a locked door anyway. At the very least, it could buy them a few precious seconds. "Okay. Assuming that they're keeping an eye on us, I expect them to take some sort of action within the next few hours."

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Pad

"As easy as a call and visit to the Cirrus crew. Let's just say.....I have my connections and they extend quite far. Its a good skill to develop you know, building social relations, creating social connections, scratching another's back so that they mutually scratch yours,"
    He said swishing what remained of his drink and watched the swirls as he slowly glanced up at the pair of ponies.
    Connections. That would be a major advantage Balboa had over his guests. Snow took to pacing back and forth excitedly, mouth running as she did. "Still, he's either got to be drugged off his flank or we'll have to be disguised good when he arrives; one whiff that we're involved and it'll be over. But if he could just be brought over willingly, that'd be foal's play..."

"Details, details, Snow," Copper waved her down with his forehooves. "The astounding fact remains that you, Mister Shag, can provide us our subject with but a few words through his connections. With him back in hoof, this project will have new life, and life abundant!" He clapped his hooves in glee, looking all the world like a foal opening their Hearth's Warming gifts. "We cannot begin to express our gratitude to you, sir, but we can damn well try. What might you require in return for this great favor?" Though excitement filled his heart, caution lurked in his brain. The deal was too good to be true; had to be some sort of catch to it.

For once, he and Snow Angel were in agreement there.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Zey charge fahr too much for fahr too leetle. He glared at his hoof. Zey honestly call zis a shine? I could geet a better shine by deeping my hoof into water!

Icy smiled a little at Lone Star. At least he was safe, though a small part of her mind was curious as to how Lone Star managed to get around without triggering suspicions. "Good to see you too, Ink Pen," she greeted, before turning to follow Fox.

Once they were safely in the room, she locked the door—a probably futile precaution, but Icy felt a little more secure with a locked door anyway. At the very least, it could buy them a few precious seconds. "Okay. Assuming that they're keeping an eye on us, I expect them to take some sort of action within the next few hours."
    You as well, Miss Solstice. He nodded before they went in.

Lone Star scowled as the door shut behind them and slammed his hoof together. I'll put the fear of tartarus into those sons of... something.

Hay Bale

Hay Bale had actually woken up pretty early and was currently doing rounds throughout the mansion. She was currently attached to the ceiling, looking into a crack up top.

Doesn't seem to go anywhere... She thought to herself. Still big enough for a camera or something. She made a mental note to put a camera of her own there to keep an eye out, especially since it could keep a good view of her bedroom door.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten

Fox Trot casually peeked out from behind curtains but saw nothing but a nice view of the park and busy busy streets of tiny looking equines going about their business. Nothing unusual.

"Well crappers....I got like my meet up in twenty minutes or so...damnit...I knew I should have invested in a safe house. Anyways, we need to figure out a place for you to be, since this here had been compromised."
    The stallion said as he began to pace around in the room.
    ===========

Balboa's Pad

"Well, I just really want to be involved you know. Oversee, and I would like one of my own equines assisting. You two of course will be moved to much finer labs, with the best equipment bits can procure."
    He said tilting his head slightly and looked back at the two.

"I won't pretend there's no catch, like I mentioned before, scratching another's back so that they mutually scratch yours."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Manehatten

Fox Trot casually peeked out from behind curtains but saw nothing but a nice view of the park and busy busy streets of tiny looking equines going about their business. Nothing unusual.

"Well crappers....I got like my meet up in twenty minutes or so...damnit...I knew I should have invested in a safe house. Anyways, we need to figure out a place for you to be, since this here had been compromised."
    The stallion said as he began to pace around in the room.
    "Anywhere but here would be a good start," Icy said dryly. "Though I'm thinking maybe a public place would be relatively safe for now. I'm sure the cult wouldn't want to draw any attention to itself. That said... I feel exposed out there."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Pad

"Well, I just really want to be involved you know. Oversee, and I would like one of my own equines assisting. You two of course will be moved to much finer labs, with the best equipment bits can procure."
    He said tilting his head slightly and looked back at the two.

"I won't pretend there's no catch, like I mentioned before, scratching another's back so that they mutually scratch yours."
    Copper nodded along, closing his eyes as he thought. So far, so not so bad. "Mister Balboa, this will take a back-scratching of monumental proportions. A new lab, assistants for Snow, our test subject coming willingly to the table, should we start signing off our firstborns and souls now, or would you prefer a leg?"

Snow shot him an anxious glance. Copper smirked in jest, but the sentiment remained; the price tag on this was not going to be cheap. And one simply didn't say 'no' to Balboa Shag.

Neither ponies were aware of Spider-Pony climbing on the ceiling down the hallway.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

"Anywhere but here would be a good start," Icy said dryly. "Though I'm thinking maybe a public place would be relatively safe for now. I'm sure the cult wouldn't want to draw any attention to itself. That said... I feel exposed out there."

"Why don't....Es...and Lone Star go see a stage show? Think of it was a date on me..."
    The words felt funny coming out of his mouth, Icy and Lone Star would see the obvious awkwardness. "You'd be out in public but also not so out in the open. Or not...I mean...it was just an idea."
    ===============================================

Copper nodded along, closing his eyes as he thought. So far, so not so bad. "Mister Balboa, this will take a back-scratching of monumental proportions. A new lab, assistants for Snow, our test subject coming willingly to the table, should we start signing off our firstborns and souls now, or would you prefer a leg?"

Snow shot him an anxious glance. Copper smirked in jest, but the sentiment remained; the price tag on this was not going to be cheap. And one simply didn't say 'no' to Balboa Shag.

Neither ponies were aware of Spider-Pony climbing on the ceiling down the hallway. :smalltongue
    :

"How about we start off with your souls and a smile from such a lovely mare?" He smirked, glancing Snow Angel's way.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-03-07 at 06:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

"How about we start off with your souls and a smile from such a lovely mare?" He smirked, glancing Snow Angel's way.
    Snow Angel sputtered, flushing red at the unexpected - and rather uncalled for - flirtations.

Copper laughed, though rather obviously reigned in for consideration of his partner. "Well then; we shall have to be in the market for a unicorn with the morals to pluck out our souls, and a lovely mare to boot." He winked back at the stallion.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why don't....Es...and Lone Star go see a stage show? Think of it was a date on me..."
    The words felt funny coming out of his mouth, Icy and Lone Star would see the obvious awkwardness. "You'd be out in public but also not so out in the open. Or not...I mean...it was just an idea."
    Icy smiled a little. She appreciated the effort of keeping the peace, if nothing else. "That sounds like a plan. What do you think, Lone Star?"

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Snow Angel sputtered, flushing red at the unexpected - and rather uncalled for - flirtations.

Copper laughed, though rather obviously reigned in for consideration of his partner. "Well then; we shall have to be in the market for a unicorn with the morals to pluck out our souls, and a lovely mare to boot." He winked back at the stallion.
    Balboa had a laugh at Snow Angel's expense. "Oh Miss Snow Angel, lighten up, relax, enjoy yourself hahah or tell me what you yourself hope to get out this project if that is a more comfortable subject."

Balboa lopsidedly smirked at Copper Shine and nodded in that 'indeed' manner. "I'm sure I can find someone for the former." He said seriously and then broke into a chuckle and shattered his serious expression.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa had a laugh at Snow Angel's expense. "Oh Miss Snow Angel, lighten up, relax, enjoy yourself hahah or tell me what you yourself hope to get out this project if that is a more comfortable subject."
    "Yes. Yes it would be," she replied curtly. Honestly, the last thing she needed right now was a pushy stallion. Still, in an effort to get him off her back, she deigned to sit upon one of the cushions next to Copper. "My personal interest is related to the medicinal applications of this project. My Talent, you see, is not in traditional medicine, but finding and researching unorthodox treatments." She motioned to her cutie mark - a typical medical cross made up of leaves and branches - but purposefully did not parade her flank in front of the leering Balboa.

"And what we have here could keep me...occupied for a lifetime." As she said the words, her eyes twinkled in what had to be the first expression of happiness she'd displayed since walking in.

Balboa lopsidedly smirked at Copper Shine and nodded in that 'indeed' manner. "I'm sure I can find someone for the former." He said seriously and then broke into a chuckle and shattered his serious expression.
    Copper chuckled along with him, partially relieved that the elder stallion had been joking in that regard.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

"And what do we have here that could keep you occupied for a lifetime?"
    He asked in a humming manner.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

[Shag Estate - Balboa's Office]

The spark in Snow's eyes lit into a blazing inferno, and Copper wisely scooted his seat back from her. "What don't we have here that could keep me busy? Even in the safest estimates, we'll be putting all the so-called 'experts' on magical diseases out of business before they know what hit them. Even modular plagues won't stand a chance against us. Take it a little further, and we're making viruses - tailor-made for the individual - to cure them of any and all physical shortcomings. Regrown limbs, restored organs, all without any regard to per-existing treatments. One more step, and the pony becomes clay in our hooves. Earth ponies with the bucking legs of a champion, entire flights of pegasi with wingpower to rival the 'Bolts, and unicorns with the mental focus of Starswirl. Race changes, and even race modifications could be like changing clothes."

Snow Angel took to hovering, her wings flapping mad with excitement and passion. "And that's only the steps we can see! We open this door, we make these breakthroughs, and the future of ponykind becomes ours to choose. No more relying on wars or princesses or politics or accidents to shape our destinies! Each pony can decide for themselves how much of their potential to realize, without luck or fate or destiny mucking things up!"

"Snow, if I might interject, Mister Balboa may not want every pony in his household to know this information."

Snow looked around, noticing for the first time that she was nearly flying to the ceiling, and scoffed. "Bah, I wasn't being that loud."

"I could see my brandy shake every time you opened your mouth."

"Don't blame me for your unsteady hooves!"

The two devolved into their bickering, so caught up in the moment that they apparently forgot to whom they were speaking to.

[Shag Estate - Hallway]

Hay Bale, the guards, and any servants in the corridor could probably hear a female voice shouting from Balboa's office, if not necessarily what was being said.

(Before anypony says anything, I'd like to point out that this is essentially a sales pitch/dream being relayed, before any research has been done. Whether or not such things will be realized, and how? Only time will tell... )

(Also, Benson, waiting on you in the medbay)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-03-09 at 12:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

[Shag Estate - Balboa's Office]

The spark in Snow's eyes lit into a blazing inferno, and Copper wisely scooted his seat back from her. "What don't we have here that could keep me busy? Even in the safest estimates, we'll be putting all the so-called 'experts' on magical diseases out of business before they know what hit them. Even modular plagues won't stand a chance against us. Take it a little further, and we're making viruses - tailor-made for the individual - to cure them of any and all physical shortcomings. Regrown limbs, restored organs, all without any regard to per-existing treatments. One more step, and the pony becomes clay in our hooves. Earth ponies with the bucking legs of a champion, entire flights of pegasi with wingpower to rival the 'Bolts, and unicorns with the mental focus of Starswirl. Race changes, and even race modifications could be like changing clothes."

Snow Angel took to hovering, her wings flapping mad with excitement and passion. "And that's only the steps we can see! We open this door, we make these breakthroughs, and the future of ponykind becomes ours to choose. No more relying on wars or princesses or politics or accidents to shape our destinies! Each pony can decide for themselves how much of their potential to realize, without luck or fate or destiny mucking things up!"

"Snow, if I might interject, Mister Balboa may not want every pony in his household to know this information."

Snow looked around, noticing for the first time that she was nearly flying to the ceiling, and scoffed. "Bah, I wasn't being that loud."

"I could see my brandy shake every time you opened your mouth."

"Don't blame me for your unsteady hooves!"

The two devolved into their bickering, so caught up in the moment that they apparently forgot to whom they were speaking to.

[Shag Estate - Hallway]

Hay Bale, the guards, and any servants in the corridor could probably hear a female voice shouting from Balboa's office, if not necessarily what was being said.

(Before anypony says anything, I'd like to point out that this is essentially a sales pitch/dream being relayed, before any research has been done. Whether or not such things will be realized, and how? Only time will tell... )

(Also, Benson, waiting on you in the medbay)
    Hay Bale, still on the ceiling, decided to push open the door, poke her head in and ask, Is everything okay in here?

Icy smiled a little. She appreciated the effort of keeping the peace, if nothing else. "That sounds like a plan. What do you think, Lone Star?"
    Lone Star blinked. That would leave Fox Trot exposed, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-03-09 at 10:27 PM.

Extended Sig