New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "The whole overblown melodramatic behavior lost its charm the first time," Fox snarked. "Wait...Iron Mare??" He pressed his muzzle against the window.
    No no no, Captain Amareica's shield. He pointed. See that scratch up the side? That's from the Civil War saga when the two fought. That small bit of silver in the star? That's from Thor's hammer in the movie.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

"I prefer Captain Equestria, Captain Amareica is a cheap knock off." Fox went all elitist. "Who knows what this foreign Amereica is....probably some peanut packing nation."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"I prefer Captain Equestria, Captain Amareica is a cheap knock off." Fox went all elitist. "Who knows what this foreign Amereica is....probably some peanut packing nation."
    Captain Equestria's first comic was published a full year after Captain Amareica's. Lone Star growled, glaring at him. That 'cheap knock off' crap is propaganda. Besides, Equestria's too obsessed with Equestria for my tastes. At least Amareica's got something else to her. "I don't wanna kill anyone - i just don't like bullies." THAT, Fox Trot, is why she rules and you drool.

And even if Amareica is a dystopian regime of tyrants (I wouldn't know), I would remind you that this is the universe where for some reason EVERYPONY still trusts Latveria despite them trying to destroy the world like FIFTY TIMES!!

Spoiler
    Show
    To be clear: Lone Star's saying the stuff about Amareica specifically to make a point, not to imply anything about the fictional pony version of a certain nation.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-29 at 08:03 PM.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

It was around the time that Lone Star was getting his geek nerd debate on, that Fox Trot lost interest (and he's a jerk) and moved away from the window. It was a case where Lone Star would be prattling on with and making decent points, but no one would be listening, it was a certain type of humor.

"I'm going to go get our luggage,"
    He told Icy. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]"Please take my briefcase and her saddle bag, we'll meet at the farthest exit/entrance down the train."[/COLOR]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

-heard me right. She had an AFFAIR with her ELDERLY MOTHER'S YOUNGER FIANCE even though she knew it was wrong. Tonight, on the Young and the Braindead. Lone Star threw his hooves up, apparently not noticing Fox Trot had gone. But the problem I had was that Captain Equestria didn't care at all! The big blue girl scout who always does the right thing doesn't care that one of her friends SLEPT WITH- how long have I been rambling to NO ONE?

Comics suck!

Shove it!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-29 at 08:52 PM.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star stopped pretending to be a petulant child and glared back at her as a petulant adult. Excuse me, but Dark Ink has been on the best seller list for 9 months in a row, and has a critical score of 94%. I think I can handle writing drama. It's horror I can't stand. Besides, that a comedic scene, not a dramatic one - over-dramatization is a very useful tool in is that Captain Amareica's shield in the window there? He pressed his face against the window, drooling a bit. ... Oh my stars, they put nicks in the paint... is that from the new movie? And... Iron Mare's sentient suit put that one on it in #842... Oh Celestia...

...I am such a nerd.
    "The whole overblown melodramatic behavior lost its charm the first time," Fox snarked. "Wait...Iron Mare??" He pressed his muzzle against the window.
    No no no, Captain Amareica's shield. He pointed. See that scratch up the side? That's from the Civil War saga when the two fought. That small bit of silver in the star? That's from Thor's hammer in the movie.
    Captain Equestria's first comic was published a full year after Captain Amareica's. Lone Star growled, glaring at him. That 'cheap knock off' crap is propaganda. Besides, Equestria's too obsessed with Equestria for my tastes. At least Amareica's got something else to her. "I don't wanna kill anyone - i just don't like bullies." THAT, Fox Trot, is why she rules and you drool.

And even if Amareica is a dystopian regime of tyrants (I wouldn't know), I would remind you that this is the universe where for some reason EVERYPONY still trusts Latveria despite them trying to destroy the world like FIFTY TIMES!!

Spoiler
    Show
    To be clear: Lone Star's saying the stuff about Amareica specifically to make a point, not to imply anything about the fictional pony version of a certain nation.
    Icy just stood to one side, consciously trying her best not to facehoof at this sudden degeneration into nerdism. "Boys..." she muttered.

It was around the time that Lone Star was getting his geek nerd debate on, that Fox Trot lost interest (and he's a jerk) and moved away from the window. It was a case where Lone Star would be prattling on with and making decent points, but no one would be listening, it was a certain type of humor.

"I'm going to go get our luggage,"
    He told Icy. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]"Please take my briefcase and her saddle bag, we'll meet at the farthest exit/entrance down the train."[/COLOR]
    "Yeah... good idea." Icy was keen as ever to distance herself before the trio embarrassed themselves further. She nodded at the porter who took their luggage and set off for the aforementioned exit.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

"Lone Star, knock that damn Lemon Chiffon out and carry her, can't have her conscious, and a gag would be nice on her, don't want her yapping her mouth off," Fox Trot poked his head from the outside the booth in the hall.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

"Lone Star, knock that damn Lemon Chiffon out and carry her, can't have her conscious, and a gag would be nice on her, don't want her yapping her mouth off," Fox Trot poked his head from the outside the booth in the hall.
    Lone Star did so, resting Lemon across his back with her head next to his, presumably so he could stretch his wings out past her barrel. Oh yes, a pegasus with a metal wing that is supposed to be dead a dozen times over carrying an unconscious mare through a city, bound and gagged on his back. That won't look suspicious at-

... Wait. A mocha stallion, a blue unicorn and a black pegasus with a metal wing. He glanced at the metal ovoid his wing was folded into. I'm not exactly inconspicuous, even at the best of times. Do the bad guys know what we look like?

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh.....well..." Fox froze as he cursed to himself mentally. Things were already started to the fan and he knew it. But he couldn't let himself admit what a crappy plan this was turning out to be, but he had to follow through now. He couldn't just let himself stop here, not when they finally had a lead about all this.

"Probably...maybe...no....I mean...sure yea...in regards to their failed assassin...they must have told her what we looked like...otherwise....I'm sorry....f#&%..." He groaned.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star did so, resting Lemon across his back with her head next to his, presumably so he could stretch his wings out past her barrel. Oh yes, a pegasus with a metal wing that is supposed to be dead a dozen times over carrying an unconscious mare through a city, bound and gagged on his back. That won't look suspicious at-

... Wait. A mocha stallion, a blue unicorn and a black pegasus with a metal wing. He glanced at the metal ovoid his wing was folded into. I'm not exactly inconspicuous, even at the best of times. Do the bad guys know what we look like?
    "Uh.....well..." Fox froze as he cursed to himself mentally. Things were already started to the fan and he knew it. But he couldn't let himself admit what a crappy plan this was turning out to be, but he had to follow through now. He couldn't just let himself stop here, not when they finally had a lead about all this.

"Probably...maybe...no....I mean...sure yea...in regards to their failed assassin...they must have told her what we looked like...otherwise....I'm sorry....f#&%..." He groaned.
    Icy glanced back at the two of them with an less-than-amused look. "Boys. We're here already. In Manehattan. If we turn back now, there's no telling when we'll be getting another chance like this. I say we risk it and see if we can salvage something."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy glanced back at the two of them with an less-than-amused look. "Boys. We're here already. In Manehattan. If we turn back now, there's no telling when we'll be getting another chance like this. I say we risk it and see if we can salvage something."
    Lone Star was quiet. You two could pass as ordinary ponies. Me? I've got red eyes and a metal wing. He spread his wings, organic and otherwise. I'll split off, hand Lemon over to the authorities. I'll keep back and meet up with y'all when you get there.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Fox couldn't figure the red eyes into this, the metal wing, yea, red eyes, not really, he shrugged.

"Alright then...change of my plans....you hand...them over to the local authorities, and later I'll get in contact with the Manehatten L.I.A HQ to retrieve her as soon as possible..."
    Fox Trot was fretting, this whole thing, was manure to him. The very presence of that damn assassin from the start changed the tone of how this would all be.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star was quiet. You two could pass as ordinary ponies. Me? I've got red eyes and a metal wing. He spread his wings, organic and otherwise. I'll split off, hand Lemon over to the authorities. I'll keep back and meet up with y'all when you get there.
    Fox couldn't figure the red eyes into this, the metal wing, yea, red eyes, not really, he shrugged.

"Alright then...change of my plans....you hand...them over to the local authorities, and later I'll get in contact with the Manehatten L.I.A HQ to retrieve her as soon as possible..."
    Fox Trot was fretting, this whole thing, was manure to him. The very presence of that damn assassin from the start changed the tone of how this would all be.
    Icy nodded. At least they were making headway. "How would we keep in contact? We don't exactly have dragonfire or any of those new fancy radios."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Icy nodded. At least they were making headway. "How would we keep in contact? We don't exactly have dragonfire or any of those new fancy radios."
    Don't worry about it - I'll find you and keep ya in sight after I drop her off. He flapped his wings and got off of the ground. Just stay outside for a while.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't worry about it - I'll find you and keep ya in sight after I drop her off. He flapped his wings and got off of the ground. Just stay outside for a while.
    "Hm... okay. I just hope you can keep track of us amongst all the tall buildings here." She craned her neck upwards to survey the Manehattan skyline. Twas' a far cry from a small town like Bridle Shores indeed. Reminded her of Valhalla of yore.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

"Icy's got a point, I think, we should probably meet over at the Plazma Hotel, its where our reservation is at anyway." Fox replied standing in the hall in the train, looking at the other two through the opened door.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Icy's got a point, I think, we should probably meet over at the Plazma Hotel, its where our reservation is at anyway." Fox replied standing in the hall in the train, looking at the other two through the opened door.
    Lone Star gave a faux-salute. I'll meet ya there. Good luck! He zoomed out the door, immediately taking high into the air.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star gave a faux-salute. I'll meet ya there. Good luck! He zoomed out the door, immediately taking high into the air.
    Icy followed in his wake, pausing just a moment to sniff the air. The acrid taste of smog and stale city air, mixed with a whiff of something unidentifiable. Icy was pretty sure she did not want to know. She decided to follow Fox closely, since he seemed pretty well-versed with the city. "To the hotel, then?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Icy followed in his wake, pausing just a moment to sniff the air. The acrid taste of smog and stale city air, mixed with a whiff of something unidentifiable. Icy was pretty sure she did not want to know. She decided to follow Fox closely, since he seemed pretty well-versed with the city. "To the hotel, then?"

"Not unless you don't want your bags at all, then sure,"
    There was a bit of playful sarcasm in his voice as they walked down the passengers carts and joined the crowds in stepping out.

Mmmm aaaaah, their senses would be smacked around with a rather busy train station hub. Unlike their Bridle Shores train station with its open airness, this one was in a magnificent large building with skylights and large openings in the ceiling for incoming pegasi pulled wagons. Some of the Manehatten skyline could be seen.

It was full of ponies coming and going and not to mention all the different trains with other destinations across Equestria. Fox took Icy to where the porters were giving ponies their baggage.

"Icy my love, get our baggage tickets, I put them in my saddle bags, I just can't reach right now."
    Since Icy had accompanied Fox anyway, he decided to carry as well his briefcase and Lemon Chiffon's saddle bag as well. He looked like a pack mule at the moment.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not unless you don't want your bags at all, then sure,"
    There was a bit of playful sarcasm in his voice as they walked down the passengers carts and joined the crowds in stepping out.

Mmmm aaaaah, their senses would be smacked around with a rather busy train station hub. Unlike their Bridle Shores train station with its open airness, this one was in a magnificent large building with skylights and large openings in the ceiling for incoming pegasi pulled wagons. Some of the Manehatten skyline could be seen.

It was full of ponies coming and going and not to mention all the different trains with other destinations across Equestria. Fox took Icy to where the porters were giving ponies their baggage.

"Icy my love, get our baggage tickets, I put them in my saddle bags, I just can't reach right now."
    Since Icy had accompanied Fox anyway, he decided to carry as well his briefcase and Lemon Chiffon's saddle bag as well. He looked like a pack mule at the moment.
    Icy did so. She handed them over to the porter pony at the counter, and waited patiently for their luggage.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Icy did so. She handed them over to the porter pony at the counter, and waited patiently for their luggage.
    They would eventually have a small luggage cart with their luggage wheeled over to them by a porter.

From the outside, reporters and police pony were flocking in droves towards the train, news spread fast.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

They would eventually have a small luggage cart with their luggage wheeled over to them by a porter.

From the outside, reporters and police pony were flocking in droves towards the train, news spread fast.
    Icy looked up at the gathering crowds, taking particular care not to look directly at any reporters. "We best hurry before somepony actually recognises us," she murmured.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Icy looked up at the gathering crowds, taking particular care not to look directly at any reporters. "We best hurry before somepony actually recognizes us," she murmured.

"Of course my love...just keep thought...relax, look look less conspicuous,"
    He whispered to her ear just before the porter came out with their luggage. Fox Trot looked at him and waved a hoof over at him.

"Come boy, you want a nice tip push the trolley and let us go hail a taxi wagon."
    The porter, worked mostly off he tips. He nodded.

And so the pair left the area to outside where they hailed a taxi cab and loaded up their luggage.

"Beauties first,"
    Fox Trot flirtatiously said to Icy at the taxi wagon and then....started to climb on first. He paused and threw her a smile. "I kid...I kid." He would let her own first and then nicely tip the porter who cantered off with the now empty luggage trolley into the busy station.

The crowds never stopped dispersing. It as if though bustling crowds was a set piece.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course my love...just keep thought...relax, look look less conspicuous,"
    He whispered to her ear just before the porter came out with their luggage. Fox Trot looked at him and waved a hoof over at him.

"Come boy, you want a nice tip push the trolley and let us go hail a taxi wagon."
    The porter, worked mostly off he tips. He nodded.

And so the pair left the area to outside where they hailed a taxi cab and loaded up their luggage.

"Beauties first,"
    Fox Trot flirtatiously said to Icy at the taxi wagon and then....started to climb on first. He paused and threw her a smile. "I kid...I kid." He would let her own first and then nicely tip the porter who cantered off with the now empty luggage trolley into the busy station.

The crowds never stopped dispersing. It as if though bustling crowds was a set piece.
    Icy just shook her head in mild resignation. "For a moment there, I thought you had forgotten your manners," Icy commented dryly. She stepped into the cab and waited for Fox to get in.

"The Plazma Hotel please," Icy said to the taxi pullers, once Fox clambered onboard.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Icy just shook her head in mild resignation. "For a moment there, I thought you had forgotten your manners," Icy commented dryly. She stepped into the cab and waited for Fox to get in.

"The Plazma Hotel please," Icy said to the taxi pullers, once Fox clambered onboard.
    The taxi puller nodded and spoke in his New Colt City accent. "Right away ma'am."

And so the two were given a standard guide along the way of the more prominent landmarks and architecture associated with Manehatten. Okay, this was a little fun, it could make Fox forget for a moment what he was here for as he wrapped a leg around his lady love and pulled her in close.

It was enough to make him forget for a moment the earlier troubles and just enjoy this here.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

The taxi puller nodded and spoke in his New Colt City accent. "Right away ma'am."

And so the two were given a standard guide along the way of the more prominent landmarks and architecture associated with Manehatten. Okay, this was a little fun, it could make Fox forget for a moment what he was here for as he wrapped a leg around his lady love and pulled her in close.

It was enough to make him forget for a moment the earlier troubles and just enjoy this here.
    Icy leaned her head on his shoulder as they cuddled close, choosing to admire the scenery of the bustling city. "Too bad we're not here for sight-seeing," she murmured, just enjoying the moment for now.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Icy leaned her head on his shoulder as they cuddled close, choosing to admire the scenery of the bustling city. "Too bad we're not here for sight-seeing," she murmured, just enjoying the moment for now.

"Well...we can pretend for the ride to the hotel we're enjoying this as a vacation,"
    He wearily smiled and nuzzled her neck. He planted a string of soft kisses and gave a little content sigh. "Maybe....when this is all over and it all goes our way, maybe we can have a real little weekend getaway?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well...we can pretend for the ride to the hotel we're enjoying this as a vacation,"
    He wearily smiled and nuzzled her neck. He planted a string of soft kisses and gave a little content sigh. "Maybe....when this is all over and it all goes our way, maybe we can have a real little weekend getaway?"
    The kisses tickled her. Pleasantly, actually. "Perhaps we can. Just the two of us..." she said with a soft sigh.

Don't forget me!
    Hush you.

And so they sat together like that for an indeterminate period of time until Benson deems the scene ready to move on.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

The kisses tickled her. Pleasantly, actually. "Perhaps we can. Just the two of us..." she said with a soft sigh.

Don't forget me!
    Hush you.

And so they sat together like that for an indeterminate period of time until Benson deems the scene ready to move on.
    With all the traffic it took a while for them to get to their destination of the Plazma Hotel, so lots of nausea inducing cuddling and light smooches.

Eventually the pair found themselves at the illustrious Plazma Hotel overlooking Adjacent Park.

"My lady," Fox offered a hoof to his lady love to help her off.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

With all the traffic it took a while for them to get to their destination of the Plazma Hotel, so lots of nausea inducing cuddling and light smooches.

Eventually the pair found themselves at the illustrious Plazma Hotel overlooking Adjacent Park.

"My lady," Fox offered a hoof to his lady love to help her off.
    "Thank you, Fox," Icy said, taking aforementioned hoof and stepping down from the cab gracefully. She looked up to take in the opulent hotel Fox seemed to have booked for them. "This is... more extravagant that I thought."