Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 311
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    The injured man on the ground responded almost immediately. "No! No, don't let him do that. Please. Please!" His fingers still clutched his chest, stained a dark red by the blood soaking his clothing.
    Erin


    Erin raised an eyebrow. "What are you so afraid of now?"
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley

    "Oh, please", Shirley turns to the injured man, "I know you're not in best condition right now, but unless you actually explain why that phone call will be undesirable, I'd advise you to explain why". She's a bit annoyed at this point; is it that hard just to answer questions? I'm a Seeker of Truth, and I'll find out either way. Only a couple of seconds later, she realizes that she, unwittingly, said that aloud.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Mia Hendrix
    Mia silently watched the exchange; she had a bad feeling in her gut about all this. The use of firearms was permissible if only for self defense and given that the man had little control over those zombies, it was safe to say that he wouldn't have been able to stop collateral damage from happening. Moreover, their friend there seemed to be telling the truth when he said the others weren't dead, though that left many questions still unanswered.

    The Cult was still a terrible thing from what she had heard; even if they didn't directly kill most people, they were still responsible for the loss of a great many lives. Yet she still wondered why, even as she continued surveying the area; paying attention to the areas where zombie goop had fallen to see how they were fairing.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show


    Hug me, you know you want to.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere on the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shina stay away of the assembly, observing the scene from a long distance and guarding silence, her katana in the hand.
    Her sight downs on her dress and details it. The base is an evening dress on which we add sheets of worked steel. All of this finely worked, almost a lace in an golden alliage.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Kim gave a suspicious look to the man, but said nothing, preferring to see how things would proceed. She sat on the ground, and started idly manipulating her Staff - even if she knew the thing was magical and did not need upkeep, she still found comfort and reassurance in cleaning it, testing its mechanisms and such, even though it was rather pointless. It took her mind off the tension of her current situation.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    The zombies had been reduced to ash, though the dark stains did remain. No other signs of life were in the immediate area.

    The man on the ground gave the same story he ever did: “They’re going to kill me. You can’t let them. I’m sorry, please, don’t give me to them. I’ll do anything. I’ll give you anything. I’ll tell you anything!” His words were increasingly erratic, his face beginning to contort in pain as he began to move, only to have his wound prevent him from getting to his feet again.

    The first word the gunman spoke into the phone wasn’t something any of the gathered Princesses could understand. There was a long pause, and then the next bit was more comprehensible.

    “There’s a problem. No, I’ve got him here, but there are some people here protecting him. Some little girls. They say they’re champions of Queens. What?” His eyes flicked over the Radiant again. “Yeah. Yes. Can’t be more than ten or twenty minutes ‘till they show up, if we’re lucky. I can do it. You don’t need to-Alright. What if they don’t? If they don’t let me? Alright.” A long pause. “I’m sorry about this.” He snapped the phone shut, his eyes turning to the group again.

    “I’m supposed to tell you: ‘The Kingdom is gone, but light still burns in the dark.’ And you’re supposed to follow me and meet my boss. Bring him.” The man gestured to the captured cultist, and then began to move toward the north side of the school. Slow at first, but if nobody attempted to stop him he broke into a flat out run, clearly expecting the Radiant to follow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((If you're following or trying to stop him, let me know. You can also make a Wits+Medicine check to keep the man from bleeding out in the process.))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-10-02 at 09:36 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin


    Erin blinked, then looked down at the injured cultist. "Um...I know the bare basics of first aid. Anyone here with more experience or the appropriate powerset who can make sure he doesn't bleed to death for now?"
    Judging from what he said, it sounds like he at least knows people who know about us. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere on the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shina approach, catch the rigth arm of the necromancer, and slowly get him up, ehr katana in her hand.

    "Try anything, that I not allow, and you will fall for first. After that... I don't think you want to know. Understood?"

    She maintains the man, in position, waiting for the others. Her graps on the shoulder of the injured man was firm.

    "Sol'. Watch him from the back. If he try anything, that I don't see, knock him." After that, the young woman turn her sight on the gunman. "For the moment, I will act as if I trust you. But don't betray me, and my expectation, or I will purchase you, all around the world, or others Kingdoms. You, your friends and anyone who could have help you. I sincerly hope that doesn't have to happen."

    All along the speech, Shina stay loud and clear, but also calm and determinated in ehr voice, and in her sight.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rolling to see if anyone understand the threat.
    Presence+Persuasion+1 willpower

    (5d10)[8][1][10][5][3](27)
    (1d10)[4](4)
    Last edited by Iscariote; 2012-10-02 at 10:40 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Sola:

    The music continues for some instants, and Sola asks:

    "What? You're asking me to knock someone down? Eh... You mad? I'm probably not the best one to do it, and I know you know it."

    She looks at the gunman.

    "I will follow you. Lead the way."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is my last sentence correct?

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley spends a moment pondering whether she can do anything to the injured man, but decides that, after all, others are probably better suited for that. With that, she rushes after the gunman, thinking, why, in this day and age, do we have to run everywhere? Seriously, if that continuous like that, I'd have to take some fitness lessons...

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Storyteller

    It took a good five minutes to get off school grounds, running to the street that runs behind the baseball field. The street was empty, a few parked cars, but no signs of life save a few lights on in offices across the way.

    The captive made no move to escape, with Shina keeping him in her grasp and the others watching him. He did continue muttering though, begging to be let go.

    A large white van was the only thing in sight, a beat-up looking vehicle slowly rolling down the empty street. Its windows were tinted black, no distinguishing features on it, no logos or marks other than a few dents in the side. It rolled to a stop on the curb a few feet away from where the gunman had stopped, and he quickly moved to meet it.

    The side door of the van slid open, rolling back with a hard click of metal. Out of it stepped a woman, one who immediately began a low conversation with the gunman. Just a second or two or murmured talk, a few glances at the group of Radiants, and then she turned to step toward them. She was tall, olive skinned, fairly average to look at, probably in her mid-twenties. Thin but not emaciated, athletic, a beanie pulled over dark, unkempt hair, and a severe expression. As she moved to address the gathered Princesses she tugged the sleeve of her heavy jacket up, revealing an iron bracer with several ornate patterns etched into its surface.

    Her greeting was a clipped few words, things that none of the Princesses could understand, but something that sounded strangely familiar. Something that sounded like the speech they’d heard in the courts of their Queens, if not as long-winded. When she spoke again her speech was much clearer. “We don’t have time for this,” She said curtly, "You can call me a Champion of Storms. Tell me why you’re protecting this piece of **** and do it fast. If your witness calls the police they’re going to lose their minds over a school shooting.” Right to the point. It was a theme with these people.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Your Queens would have given you the most basic info about the Twilight Queens. All of you’d know that the Queen of Storms is a former Queen dedicated to exterminating the Darkness to the exclusion of all else. She is your ally, but dangerous if you cross her.))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-10-07 at 10:42 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Oh boy.
    "We saw two men trying to kill each other. One with a gun, the other with magic. We were not inclined to make assumptions - the safest solution was to keep anyone from dying now, and ask questions later," said Erin. "If this man is guilty of atrocities committed against humanity - and we'd like some more information on that, including evidence and eyewitnesses if there's any - then he needs to be neutralized for the sake of everyone else's safety, yes. But this does not automatically translate into execution. Civilizations come up with tribunals and criminal laws for a reason, after all."
    Yeah, THAT'LL convince them. Nice going, Erin.
    "What I mean is, we don't know enough to make rash judgement."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Kim

    Kim had been silent for some time - she felt a bit intimidated by the other Radiants. But the woman's words roused her anger again, and she pulled out the silver lighter, throwing it on the ground before her.

    "A few days ago, a man came to my neighborhood. I saw him fight some kind of monster, a thing with claws - probably a creature of darkness. That's fine.
    What isn't fine is that he fought it by setting fire to my whole block. If I hadn't been there, a little girl would have died. And the same thing happened today; if we had not been there, this Tainted's zombies would have had time to kill an innocent teacher before your man could defeat him. All because he chased him through the school.
    I do believe you when you say that this man is evil. It's just not what matters to me now.
    I am a Champion. It is my duty to protect this place. From the Darkness, yes - and from the rest. Whoever you are, whatever you fight, I will not let you put these people in danger. If you try to drag out your enemies by setting houses on fire, if you try to bring your fights inside a school... I'll be there. I'll be in your way. And, if you don't stop, then I'll come after you like I come after the Darkspawns.
    That's what I came here to say."
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-10-07 at 12:45 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Mia Hendrix
    Mia helped the others were she could with the wounded man before signaling to the others and giving chase; the man having too much of a headstart for her to stop him. Granted upon spotting the discarded firearm, she pulled out a spare handkerchief and pocketed the firearm within the cloth tissue; being careful not to touch it with her bare skin, and making sure the safety had been switched on. Today was certainly not turning out as she had expected.

    Upon meeting the man's mystery patron the young Knave whistled; they were in it deep now. Though after hearing Champs outburst she sighed. Champ was certainly an aggressive gal; though given what she'd just mentioned, it certainly helped explain why.

    Mia loosened her bunny hoodie before addressing the older Princess, "Displeasure with your man's modus operandi aside, the main reason why we haven't let your boy finish him is because we're hoping for some info. There's been quite a bit of activity around here this past week, as Champ and I can attest to, and I was thinking that our friend here might've been connected to'em or know something about'em; though the bullet your boy put through'em made things a bit difficult for us," she explained honestly with a frustrated shrug at the end.

    "Moreover, your boy was pretty well trained at it; so we were hoping to find out who he was working with. Which ofcourse, brings us to our meeting with you. Granted, your boy was in too much of a hurry to give us a chance to handle the situation with the witness; combine that with his little fib, and we're all not too pleased with him at the moment." she added with a smile as she eyed the gunman.

    "Well, that and he did forget this," she added before slowly reaching into her pocket, and pulling out her handkerchief wrapped firearm, and politely offering it to CoS. "We're all on the same side here; and I'm sure it's in everyone's best interests the cops don't track this baby back to your boy and operation right? So then, can we all play nice?" She asked as she met the women's gaze with a smile, and held out her peace offering; the young princess doing her best to ignore her loudly beating heart.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show


    Hug me, you know you want to.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley
    Shirley mostly keeps quiet during the conversation; pretty much everything she has to say on the topic is either already said, or would be, by her predictions, said in the next couple of minutes, most. And the things she doesn't have to say are most likely worth listening to, which is the main reason she stays there, resisting the urge to dig into the one piece of evidence she has to herself. She feels guilty, for a short moment, about concealing evidence, but well, real detectives (that is, ones who do all kinds of exciting stuff in the books, as opposed to ones who, in real life, mostly track cellphones and credit cards and match fingerprints and blood samples and write mountains of paperwork. A worthy job, for sure, and a needed one - even Nero agreed with that - but not what a proper sleuthing should be, in Shirley's opinion) do that all the time, besides, among the Nobles, I am what police is among muggles. Not Storms.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Nerissa Baines

    With no other choice really Nerissa goes along with everyone else, casting uneasy glances over at the injured man they're bringing along. While she did want answers, she also wanted to chat with the other girls in private. If this was the sort of thing they were all up against there would definitely be strength in numbers.

    They were lead to a van on a pretty much empty street. And out of the van popped a severe looking woman who spoke at them as if they were a nuisance, also revealing her status as a member of the Queen of Storms' court. Uh oh. Nerissa tensed a bit, remember what she'd been told. She really didn't want this to unravel into another battle.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Sola Rose

    "A white van, with no logo on it? In an empty street? Are we in some spy film, are we?", she asks with a very excited tone.

    After some instants, she adds.

    "Oh, I guess we are, then..."

    It's difficult to say if she's serious at all about it. But finally, she concludes, directed to the woman.

    "But, you know, in a lot of stories, Evil lurks with the face of Virtue... we can't do that mistake, I guess you understand."
    Last edited by silphael; 2012-10-08 at 06:28 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Storyteller

    “Does this look like a courtroom to you? You know what he is. You want a testimony; I’m giving it to you. He will too, if you’re willing to beat it out of him. Or maybe you know a court that’ll take his case. When’s the last time you heard someone charged with serving the forces of evil? You got a prison cell to hold him in of your own? The cops won’t give it to you.”

    The woman gave the lighter a disdainful, confused glance. “We don’t harm innocents.” She replied to Kim, “But we don’t let people like him go free either. If we’d let this man escape, do you think he’d stop? Do you think those things that came to help him wouldn’t kill twice as many people if he was allowed to run free? “

    Sola’s comment only drew the Champion’s glance for a split second. “I do what has to be done.”

    She did move forward to pluck the gun from Mia’s hand, turning her eyes briefly to the gunman before facing the girl again. “Thank you." She paused. "I have information, I’m willing to share it. I don’t have time to tell you anything right now, and I’ve already got too many passengers. I’ll give you my word, and I’m giving you a choice. If you’re against the Darkness, give him to me. We have some of his friends, but he might know something they don’t. I’ll share what we find with you, and we can work together to undo whatever they’re working toward.” She paused. “Or you can stand in the way.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((This is the important part! I’m going to give a little longer than usual, probably two days, for everyone to respond.

    Will you give up an ally of the forces of evil to be questioned and most likely executed to gain information and a powerful ally, or will you harbor a member of the Cult of Broken Dreams from your own side to spare his life and have to fight a possibly valuable ally?

    You decide! State it OOCly as well, so there’s no confusion.))

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin Watson


    "Wait, wait, hold the phone," said the girl in the silver dress. "Are you telling me that there are no prisons for agents of the Darkness? None at all?" She paused. "Doesn't that strike you as a problem?"
    She took a deep breath. "Look, even if you're working from the position that the wicked have no rights and deserve no mercy - I don't, but even if - even then, should there not be prisons? Even the most wicked and oppressive regimes had prisons, rather than just executing every single person who crossed them - for pragmatic reasons, if not humanitarian ones. If there are no prisons for the forces of Darkness...then isn't that a problem that needs fixing? Isn't it high time someone built such a prison?"
    She then turned around to face her compatriots. "OK, confession: I'm pretty new to this entire Radiant business. This can't be the first time a human enemy was captured alive, can it? What are the standard procedures for this sort of situation?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    TL;DR: She's against executing the guy, she won't let Storms have him if she thinks that's what they'll do, and she's asking what the Radiant usually do in this sort of situation.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Kim bit her lip her nervously, feeling at loss. This was way out of her league - much more complicated than the issues she was used to deal with. Nonetheless, she could not remain silent and be worthy of her title of Champion - even if she had no idea what was the right thing to do.

    "We are..." She begun, then looked nervously at Erin. "There are not enough of us, are there? There are always more Darkspawns and never enough Radiant. Before tonight I did not even know you existed. I sleep five hours on a good day and that's because I can use magic to work faster. I guess... If you have a prison, you need guards. And everyone who is doing that job is one less fighter against the Darkness. And if anyone escapes that prison, then it was all for nothing. So... Maybe... We can't afford prisons."
    But is there anything worth abandonning justice?
    She closed her eyes, both hands around her staff, trying to find reassurance in the steady presence of her boom-boom stick. With it, she could blow the darkness away - but it was her task to recognize what was darkness and what was not.
    She stared at the Champion of Storms and swallowed nervously. She almost couldn't speak.
    "I want to give that man to you. I want him to disappear forever from my world, so that we have one less monster to worry about. I don't know what he's done but I know that he uses the powers of the darkness and puts people in danger - and I don't need much else. I want him gone.
    But what I must do is believe that as long as he is human, he is not lost. I must believe that we can take this man and cleanse him of his taint and show him the light.
    Because we are Radiant... And if we don't have Hope, we have nothing."

    That was a terrible answer, she thought. But it was the only one she could give.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kim is not willing to let the man be executed (or indeed, tortured) as long as there's hope that he might be made to abandon his ways and see the light.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-10-08 at 11:43 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere on the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Maintaining her embrace on the shoulder of the necromancer, Shina listened everybody. To her, the fact to control the dead is an aberration and her prisonner is guilty enough to rejoin the dead that he want to control. But she doesn't have the full authority to take alone this decision.

    "The Life is a rare gift that have to end. But to try to control the dead can't be forgiven. A necromancer could escape from any prison. If what you said is true, and I've made the choice to trust your friend, I will gladly hand over you this man." Shina doesn't loosen her embrace and look all the Princess gathered here. "What will you choose, My Sisters. To Trust one of us, or one of the Darkness pawns?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Shina's choice is clear.

    Sorry for the retard, but I'm not on a situation were I can be on internet when I want. But I will try to be there when I can.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley
    Oh right. Testimony he will give, after they torture him to the point where death seems like a better option. That's not how it's done. Luckily, something in Storm's words gives Shirley a point to argue. "A follower of Darkness he might be, though, admittedly, I still lack any concrete evidence, well, other than a testymony of a man willing to open shooting at the schoolgrounds. But nothing I saw indicated he's dangerous, right now. Weak, and frightened, that's much closer. And, you said it yourself - it's these things that came to help him that are truly evil and dangerous. So, shouldn't our target be the one who send them to help? Somehow, I doubt it could be his own making... was it?" she turns to prisoner, though the question is more of a rhetorical one - it's not like she's going to believe his words any more than the Storm's.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shirley isn't going to send a man to death until a proper investigation determines the extent of his wrongdoings, though if it turns out that he did, personally, commited crimes worthy of death penalty, so be it.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Sola:

    "I won't let you kill him! Now that he is our prisoner, there is no need to destroy him. He has to learn what Love is! And I will, if not you, Shina. You know you have. It isn't against you and your Court, it is something I can't let pass, I'm sorry. If you can promise me that you will try everything to change him back to what a human should be before searching your answers, I'll let you have him, and I will ask for his news later."

    For her, the conversation is nearly over... at least the serious part.

    "May we know your name? Here is my phone number, can I have yours? Do you like icecreams?"

    In a eyeblink, Soma's is back to her "normal" behavior...

    Spoiler
    Show
    So that's 4 + 1 successes! I guess I just won a new friend ^^
    Last edited by silphael; 2012-10-09 at 02:24 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Nerissa

    Nerissa didn't like this. At all. She looked over at the man -- he was just human. A flawed human like all of them. He had to have reasons for why he allied himself with the darkness. However misguided those reasons may have been, they truly meant something to him. And to hand him over to this woman who was possibly going to kill him after squeezing whatever information out of him she could just seemed immoral.

    "No. This isn't the right way." She spoke up, stepping forward. "I don't want to hand him over to you. I... I don't trust you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise! Nerissa doesn't want to give him over. She doesn't trust this Champion of Storms one bit, and would feel horrible if the man was killed because of her inability to say no.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    The woman’s eyes moved over the crowd of Radiants around her, dark eyes flickering from one to the next as each spoke. He didn’t speak, didn’t move, merely let each one declare her allegiance in turn. More silence after that, the woman’s fingers brushing a line across the metal band on her wrist. She remained silent for some time, tense, ready. A single hand rose.

    It set back down on the door of the van. “If I ever see that man alive again,” She growled, “I will kill him, and I will kill you.” With that she lifted herself into the vehicle, barking a short few words to the men inside. The door shut without preamble, and the vehicle began to roll off into the night.

    Just in time, too. The sound is sirens could be heard from the distance, probably heading toward the school. The captive man breathed a sigh of relief, breaking down into grateful sobs in short order.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Congratulations! Most of you have decided not to toe the line of the greater good. Now you have a problem.

    You have a captive and nowhere to put him. Furthermore, the police are going to be at the school shortly. If you own a car and drive to school, there’s going to be a panic if you aren’t found. Likewise, if you don’t get home at a reasonable time and there’s news of a shooting the same thing is likely to happen.

    I will say if you make a successful Wits+Streetwise roll you’ll know of an abandoned place you can stash him, if you can find some way to secure him. Of course, you’d need some measure to prevent him from escaping. Wherever you take him to will probably become your Sanctum, so, there you go.))

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin Watson


    Erin turned around to face the other Radiants. "Well! That could have gone a whole lot worse!"
    She then glanced at the injured man. "So...suggestions for what's next, anybody? Anyone got some standard procedures I'm not aware of, or do we need to improvise everything?"
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shirley thinks for a while, digging through her mental library of a potentially useful information, "There's an abandoned house not far from here. I think I can get us inside, unless someone changed the locks since I was in Junior high... It isn't a perfect place to hide a man, of course, especially if one doesn't want to stay hidden, but it's the best I can think off the top of my head."

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Shirley thinks for a while, digging through her mental library of a potentially useful information, "There's an abandoned house not far from here. I think I can get us inside, unless someone changed the locks since I was in Junior high... It isn't a perfect place to hide a man, of course, especially if one doesn't want to stay hidden, but it's the best I can think off the top of my head."
    Erin Watson


    "Thaaaat...raises a few questions," said Erin. "Even if we put aside the long-term questions until we have more time to think...Do we have stuff to restrain someone with? Are we certain his medical state isn't getting worse? How many of us need to stay there and stand watch?"
    She coughed. "Sorry. I'm not trying to be a nag, I'm just, I'm new at this, and I want to consider all the important angles."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Mia Hendrix
    Mia sighed, letting the smile wash off her face for a moment once the champion of storms had left. It hadn't exactly been the most pleasant experience; but at least that had all been able to handle this civilly, even if she felt like that threat at the end wasn't her just shooting the breeze. "Oooh you bet'cha! Was half expectin' us to end up with a show-down there for a sec," she commented happily as she loosened her hoodie.

    As the sirens started blaring in the distance she allowed herself a brief glance at their...she wasn't quite sure if captive was the right word, ward maybe?, and put a hand on his shoulder, "Come on now; you've been through a lot but it ain't over yet, you can thank us after we get ya somewhere safe," she said with a cheerful grin before turning to the others, "First things first, we need to get the hell out of here before someone comes by, and we need to get our new buddy here some place safer. Any ideas girls?" she asked the group, her own mind trying to think of some place they could go, before turning back to the man.

    ((OOC: 1 success on the wits+streetwise to think of a place to go/))
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-10-10 at 03:33 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show


    Hug me, you know you want to.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Mia Hendrix
    Mia sighed, letting the smile wash off her face for a moment once the champion of storms had left. It hadn't exactly been the most pleasant experience; but at least that had all been able to handle this civilly, even if she felt like that threat at the end wasn't her just shooting the breeze. "Oooh you bet'cha! Was half expectin' us to end up with a show-down there for a sec," she commented happily as she loosened her hoodie.

    As the sirens started blaring in the distance she allowed herself a brief glance at their...she wasn't quite sure if captive was the right word, ward maybe?, and put a hand on his shoulder, "Come on now; you've been through a lot but it ain't over yet, you can thank us after we get ya somewhere safe," she said with a cheerful grin before turning to the others, "First things first, we need to get the hell out of here before someone comes by, and we need to get our new buddy here some place safer. Any ideas girls?" she asked the group, her own mind trying to think of some place they could go, before turning back to the man.

    ((OOC: 1 success on the wits+streetwise to think of a place to go/))
    Erin Watson

    "The abandoned house she mentioned," Erin said, pointing at Shirley, "sounds like our best bet so far."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •