Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 311
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Dogs in the Park

    Kim carefully approached the burning barrel. The realization struck her that waiting for something dangerous to actually happen before going all Radiant might have been a better idea, but what's done was done; she hoped her coat would make her somewhat less conspicuous.
    "Uh... Hi," she said shyly as she came near the couple. "Can I sit with you for a bit?"

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

    She returned a smile. "I'm browsing. Kinda new to this sort of place."

    "What are you interested in?" The man turned, his full attention moving to his visitor. "If you have anything, feel free to let me know."

    The shop itself seems cramped, but ordinary. Some new-age stuff, a lot of philosophy and religion. There's a door to the back, shut, and not a whole lot else. Nothing particularly sticks out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show


    Kim carefully approached the burning barrel. The realization struck her that waiting for something dangerous to actually happen before going all Radiant might have been a better idea, but what's done was done; she hoped her coat would make her somewhat less conspicuous.
    "Uh... Hi," she said shyly as she came near the couple. "Can I sit with you for a bit?"


    Both of their eyes turned up toward the girl when she made herself known, neither glance particularly friendly. Both were silent for a minute, not rising from where they’re crouched, not moving more than to take a look at her and a more questioning look between themselves. Once they’d taken in their visitor the woman spoke, a low, unpleasant sound. “Go home, little girl.”

    ((Roll me a Wits+Composure with your next post.))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-10-30 at 09:39 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    "What are you interested in?" The man turned, his full attention moving to his visitor. "If you have anything, feel free to let me know."

    The shop itself seems cramped, but ordinary. Some new-age stuff, a lot of philosophy and religion. There's a door to the back, shut, and not a whole lot else. Nothing particularly sticks out.
    "I'm looking for...well, pretty much anything," she said. "I've only recently started developing an interest in the subject."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Dogs in the Park

    Oh, my. Well, she was an intruder in this place, in a way. If those people were homeless sleeping in the park, people strolling for leisure would probably draw envy and resentment from them. Their reaction was understandable.
    "You are not very welcoming," she said in a neutral tone. Really, she did not want to upset them, but she needed to take a better look at them. Anything could be useful here.

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley
    First time at the scene of real, recent, unsolved, major crime, Shirley tries looking more confident than she actually feels.
    She looks around slowly, seeking anything that could be a clue; of course, the police did that already, and it was unlikely they missed anything major... but, first, "unlikely" didn't mean "impossible", and second, they certainly operated under the pretense of killer being a human being, a luxury Shirley couldn't afford. Police, for example, didn't consider " growing a pair of wings and flying away from a window" a viable method of leaving a crime scene; Shirley, though not without irritation, did... and so on.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

    "I'm looking for...well, pretty much anything," she said. "I've only recently started developing an interest in the subject."

    The old man considered that, moving toward one section of the store near the window. He plucked out of one the thinner books there, explaining, "The trick is to start at the beginning." A wrinkled smile followed before offering it out. "If you're interested in something that will enrich your life, I recommend this."

    The book was small, red, and written in both English and Chinese. The Tao Te Ching, a classic Chinese text about the principles of Taoism.

    The bell on the door gave a small ring as another person stepped in, a thin looking woman who paused to take a small glimpse around the shop. When the man spotted her he paused, turning and smiling. "I have your order," He mentions, "It's in the back. Go ahead and wait there, I'll be back in a second." She does so, moving toward the back door and slipping inside.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show


    Oh, my. Well, she was an intruder in this place, in a way. If those people were homeless sleeping in the park, people strolling for leisure would probably draw envy and resentment from them. Their reaction was understandable.
    "You are not very welcoming," she said in a neutral tone. Really, she did not want to upset them, but she needed to take a better look at them. Anything could be useful here.

    Spoiler
    Show

    She noticed that, though their dress was fairly utilitarian and not exactly clean, both of the individuals near the fire appeared to be in relatively good shape. Not emaciated, at least. Neither of them were injured either, though plenty of scars marked their skin. In the dirt beneath them were drawn several odd patterns, things that looked vaguely tribal in nature, pictures of animals and other strange symbols.

    She did not, however, notice the man behind her until his hand fell on her shoulder. "It's because you're not welcome here." His voice was low, and the pocketknife in his other hand glinted as it cast back the firelight. He was dressed the same as the others, drab colors and bare bones fashion. "This is a bad night to be out. You should find somewhere else to be."

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Shirley
    Spoiler
    Show

    First time at the scene of real, recent, unsolved, major crime, Shirley tries looking more confident than she actually feels.
    She looks around slowly, seeking anything that could be a clue; of course, the police did that already, and it was unlikely they missed anything major... but, first, "unlikely" didn't mean "impossible", and second, they certainly operated under the pretense of killer being a human being, a luxury Shirley couldn't afford. Police, for example, didn't consider " growing a pair of wings and flying away from a window" a viable method of leaving a crime scene; Shirley, though not without irritation, did... and so on.
    Shirley, after several hours of examination and combing back and forth across the apartment, does manage to find something that the previous investigators may have missed.


    She found a dream journal in the bedroom, with several abstract notes about sleep patterns and lucid dreaming, as well as a record of her own dreams. The final pages played host to a few dozen scratchy illustration of some kind of sprawling clockwork landscape. The last notation in the corner is: Neighbors say they've having dreams to. It's a farm. Can't sleep.

    When she moves to check the window near the sink she noticed something in the garbage disposal. Fishing it out revealed what appeared to be a dirty, half-shredded autumn leaf. It's possible it could have blown through the thin crack in the window, but there aren't any trees around for miles.

    Lastly, as she traveled through the apartment, she noticed something watching her. After her initial inspection of the window a dirty, ragged looking sparrow set down on the windowsill and has spent the last few minutes staring inside. It stood stock-still for some reason, turning head only when she passed by.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    The old man considered that, moving toward one section of the store near the window. He plucked out of one the thinner books there, explaining, "The trick is to start at the beginning." A wrinkled smile followed before offering it out. "If you're interested in something that will enrich your life, I recommend this."

    The book was small, red, and written in both English and Chinese. The Tao Te Ching, a classic Chinese text about the principles of Taoism.
    "Thank you," she said with a smile, keeping the book in her hand as she continued browsing.

    The bell on the door gave a small ring as another person stepped in, a thin looking woman who paused to take a small glimpse around the shop. When the man spotted her he paused, turning and smiling. "I have your order," He mentions, "It's in the back. Go ahead and wait there, I'll be back in a second." She does so, moving toward the back door and slipping inside.
    I shouldn't...but then again, if this is a Broken Dreams gathering spot...
    Quietly as she could, Erin tried to slip through the back door to get a look.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Sola (teaming with Mia), Blood on the dance floor:

    Eightteen. Being eightteen, I mean... For other, it means a lot: something like a red line and the beginning of a lot of things.

    Not for me. I think I will lose a part of the easy discounts, but that's probably all. Entering bars, when you often serve as back-up for groups or bars owners, is something easy, espacially when you are well known somewhere. And people don't ask when you carry something that looks like the box of an instrument.

    "You know, Mia, passing through them isn't hard: you only have to look like nobody will stop you. If they ask your ID, make as you consider it is for someone else: they won't push... at least, theoretically."

    After some looking through a lot of clothes, she continues:

    "Oh, try that! It will go perfectly with your complexion, don't you think?"

    Readying a visit at a night club: the best idea for it is to go shopping, even while buying nothing.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Dogs in the Park

    Kim had never been a good liar, but when you lead a double life that puts your life in danger every day while having to hide it from anyone else, it can easily become a habit. The very reason she'd never tried to become good at lying to people was precisely because she didn't want it to be an easy, efficient solution to her problem. If she remained bad at lying, then she'd be encouraged to find other ways around her problems.
    Right now though, she really wished she had a silver tongue and a quick wit. Instead, she swallowed and looked panicked - which, granted, was probably the intended effect of this little demonstration.
    "Look, I... It's because it's a bad night to be out that I was trying to find people to be with. Can't you at least point me toward other people? Or walk me to the entrance? I... Don't want to be alone. I'm scared."

    She really was, but what she was scared of were these people with their dangerous demeanors and weird markings on the ground.
    A thought struck her, unsupported by any fact but still nagging at her mind: if these people are not the monster I am looking for, then they are hunting it too. Either way, she had to stay close.
    Though granted, should they prove evil, starting a fight in the middle of their camp with one of them holding her shoulder was a pretty dumb idea.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-11-01 at 10:39 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show



    "Thank you," she said with a smile, keeping the book in her hand as she continued browsing.


    I shouldn't...but then again, if this is a Broken Dreams gathering spot...
    Quietly as she could, Erin tried to slip through the back door to get a look.
    “Are you ready to check out?” The old man moved back toward the counter, near the door. She wouldn’t be able to sneak through while he’s there, unless she caused some sort of distracted. He seems to be keeping an eye on her for the moment, waiting patiently.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((If you want to get in the back you’ll need to find some way to distract the owner, or come up with something else.))


    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show


    Kim had never been a good liar, but when you lead a double life that puts your life in danger every day while having to hide it from anyone else, it can easily become a habit. The very reason she'd never tried to become good at lying to people was precisely because she didn't want it to be an easy, efficient solution to her problem. If she remained bad at lying, then she'd be encouraged to find other ways around her problems.
    Right now though, she really wished she had a silver tongue and a quick wit. Instead, she swallowed and looked panicked - which, granted, was probably the intended effect of this little demonstration.
    "Look, I... It's because it's a bad night to be out that I was trying to find people to be with. Can't you at least point me toward other people? Or walk me to the entrance? I... Don't want to be alone. I'm scared."

    She really was, but what she was scared of were these people with their dangerous demeanors and weird markings on the ground.
    A thought struck her, unsupported by any fact but still nagging at her mind: if these people are not the monster I am looking for, then they are hunting it too. Either way, she had to stay close.
    Though granted, should they prove evil, starting a fight in the middle of their camp with one of them holding her shoulder was a pretty dumb idea.
    The man with the knife laughed, a jagged, high-pitched sort of sound. He cast a look at the other man, who just gave a small roll of his shoulders. In response the man with the weapon to a step in front of Kim, his hand pushing the girl backward. “Ah, you’ve got some balls, kid. Or you’re stupid as ****. But I’m not your babysitter,” He replied, “Pick a direction and go, unless you want to look like swiss cheese.”

    In the background the woman seems to suddenly perk up, rising to her feet and tilting her head upward. Her eyes are unfocused, her lips mouthing a few words. The other man rises as well, cracking his knuckles together.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    "Right. You're right. I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you."

    Violent, they were definitely violent. Sure, in theory they might just be trying to threaten her away for her own safety, but you didn't fight the darkness and survive without learning that this kind of thing didn't actually happen. When people look like they want to kill you, it's usually because they want to kill you. She'd learned everything she could here; she stepped back, looking as scared as she could, and then she scurried away - she didn't exactly ran, but she didn't walk either; she got the hell out, in some random direction.

    She would stop once out of hearing range, though. And then maybe she'd come back and spy on them. Or perhaps not. It was a huge park and just because she'd stumbled upon one group of violent hobos homeless people, she reminded herself, didn't mean they were the perps.

    Then again, weird tribal symbols and people ready to commit violence upon a child? Yeah, that was totally normal.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. You're right. I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you."

    Violent, they were definitely violent. Sure, in theory they might just be trying to threaten her away for her own safety, but you didn't fight the darkness and survive without learning that this kind of thing didn't actually happen. When people look like they want to kill you, it's usually because they want to kill you. She'd learned everything she could here; she stepped back, looking as scared as she could, and then she scurried away - she didn't exactly ran, but she didn't walk either; she got the hell out, in some random direction.

    She would stop once out of hearing range, though. And then maybe she'd come back and spy on them. Or perhaps not. It was a huge park and just because she'd stumbled upon one group of violent hobos homeless people, she reminded herself, didn't mean they were the perps.

    Then again, weird tribal symbols and people ready to commit violence upon a child? Yeah, that was totally normal.
    "Can you believe that? Who lets their kids just wander around in the park. Bad parenting." She could hear the man with the knife, his tone vaguely jovial as she moves out of range.

    "They're here." The woman offered this in a fainter voice. "North side. Should we?"

    The rest of their conversation is garbled, and not in a tongue that made any sense. Then, silence.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Dogs in the Park

    Why, why do I always keep putting myself into situations that I am not fit to handle. I'm totally gonna be able to move through the woods at night without being heard or seen by people who clearly have more experience than me at this. Clearly.
    Nonetheless. Whoever they were, these people were important. And therefore, Kim decided to wait there for a sign of movement on their part, and then to try and follow them from afar.
    If they didn't move... Then she'd just go to the "north side," though that appropriately vague descriptor would not make her task much easier.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    “Are you ready to check out?” The old man moved back toward the counter, near the door. She wouldn’t be able to sneak through while he’s there, unless she caused some sort of distracted. He seems to be keeping an eye on her for the moment, waiting patiently.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((If you want to get in the back you’ll need to find some way to distract the owner, or come up with something else.))
    Great. What do I do? I can't just LIE to this guy on the off-chance that there's something fishy going on.
    ...
    Sometimes, it's worth trying the direct approach.

    "I'll definitely be taking this one," she said, looking at the book he'd handed to her, "but I'm not really done browsing. What stuff do you have over there?" she said, glancing at the door. Right. If it's just another part of the shop, then there's no reason not to tell a customer. And if something is off...
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, why do I always keep putting myself into situations that I am not fit to handle. I'm totally gonna be able to move through the woods at night without being heard or seen by people who clearly have more experience than me at this. Clearly.
    Nonetheless. Whoever they were, these people were important. And therefore, Kim decided to wait there for a sign of movement on their part, and then to try and follow them from afar.
    If they didn't move... Then she'd just go to the "north side," though that appropriately vague descriptor would not make her task much easier.
    From where she was hidden she couldn't see anything, no trace of people passing by. It's quiet in the midst of the trees again, just the occasional pop of the fire as it slowly winds down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Roll Wits+Composure and Wits+Survival))


    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great. What do I do? I can't just LIE to this guy on the off-chance that there's something fishy going on.
    ...
    Sometimes, it's worth trying the direct approach.

    "I'll definitely be taking this one," she said, looking at the book he'd handed to her, "but I'm not really done browsing. What stuff do you have over there?" she said, glancing at the door. Right. If it's just another part of the shop, then there's no reason not to tell a customer. And if something is off...
    "That's just our stocking area. I hold things there for customers, if they need me to." His reply came easily, asking, "Did you need more time? Feel free to look around." He does not, however, move from his spot.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful


  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Well girls it's a pleasure to meet all of you," she beamed, more than a bit relieved they had managed to deal with Gerald without further blood shed, "My turn, the name's Mia Hendrix; acrobat extraordinaire, and friend to those in need. " she explained hapily. "I'mma Grace of Spades, ya'll can call me Heart's Whisper while on the clock; let's all get along," she added with a smile. Things weren't going to be easy, and certainly not simple if their latest venture was any sign though that did live one matter on attended.

    "So I gotta ask, have any of you guys seen any shadow tentacle robots recently?" she asked curiously with a completely straight face.


    Mia (teaming with Sola ), Blood on the dance floor:

    Things seemed to settle down during the following days, no mayor incursions or eldritch creatures deciding to go for a snack at their school; yet the an unspoken tension still hung in the air after the shooting. No one was harmed, and their teqcher seemed to be more or less alright, so all was well.

    Mia kept herself busy in the days that followed; during the day keeping tabs on the ongoing activities at the school, more than a bit concerned by all the apperant supernatural activity in the area, and at night consulting with her court on how to defend what would now be their palace; passing the information to the others even as she helped cleaning it up. Even if it was still early, Mia could already tell that this was going to be quite a balancing act on her end. She just hoped she coul keep herself from having to follow the Noble axiom. For now she'd content herself helping her friends as she always had, atleast until Erin got back to them with her findings; though her latest problem seemed quite a doozy.

    After having done her own research on the matter, she now found herself making preperations for her own inquiry with her fellow a Noble's aid.

    "If you say so; if Annie got in I guess it shouldn't be that tricky," Mia replied trying her best to let Sola's words reassure her. "I'm just glad your letting me tag along, not sure what how I'd handle it by myself," she added with a smile as she shifted through another batch of clothes, before turning up to see Sola's latest acquisition; curving her lips in thought as she studied the garment, before smiling. "Oh yeah, I think I can work with this," she commented merrily before going to try it on.

    Certainly sneaking into the club was a bit daunting, especially if word got back to her father, but Sola certainly seemed to know how to handle the situation, and this was just for scouting purposes after all and for a friend. Just a little recon so she'd know how to talk to Annie about it, nothing big.

    Oh sure, she'd never been one for the party seen, but after talking to Sola about the whole affair Mia was far more comfortable about it. All she had to do was dress the part and play it right, right? Nothing too complicated, or so she hoped.

    ((OOC: Taking advantage of my Contacts in the student body to try and find out more about the club. Looking for anything noteworthy about it; including, but not limited to, what's so special about it that make's it so popular, and how long has it been a hot spot for students. Rolled 4 success))
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-11-04 at 08:47 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show


    Hug me, you know you want to.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    "That's just our stocking area. I hold things there for customers, if they need me to." His reply came easily, asking, "Did you need more time? Feel free to look around." He does not, however, move from his spot.
    Well...No reason for that not to be true.
    Erin kept looking around - not just as a cover, but with genuine interest. She needed to learn more about the occult, after all, and with her recent studies, she was only starting to understand how to separate the real from the fake. She tried to find what items in the store would hold genuine interest to an occultist...while waiting to see if anything out of the ordinary caught her eye (and what the other customer eventually left the storage area with). And as she did, she allowed the Light to flow through her, sharpening her mind with Diamond-hard logic.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Intelligence+Occult plus Practical Magic to figure out what's genuinely interesting from an occult point of view in the shop, and what's just garbage. SEVEN successes.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley - Midnight Murders

    OK... Shirley though, sorting her discoveries in her mind, That's definitely stuff the police would miss. Now, the question is, what do I do with it?

    The sparrow... could it be used as a spy for... someone? it definitely wasn't behaving like a normal bird... Shirley toyed with the idea of murderer turning into a bird to get inside the building, but, magic or not, mass conservation ruled that out... or did it? Shirley run her hands over the coat of her Regalia. For I've been braking the law of mass conservation pretty routinely last weeks. This getup certainly must weigh more than my street clothes... Hm... I wonder if Wat... eh... Erin knows more. She's the type to actually test it...

    Now... the leaf could, certainly, have a perfectly mundane explanation; someone could have bring it here for... whatever reasons... but still. Taken together with the weird-behaving bird, we seem to have a pattern here... Not enough evidence, certainly, but, strictly as a theory, what if someone uses flora and fauna as one's agents? What kind of power would that imply?

    Spoiler
    Show
    What to roll for whether Shirley's aware of existence of Changelings/Fae? If that even possible, of course.


    Now, the last one... Of course, to Police dreams are just that, dreams. I know better. I saw people almost dying because some weird thing attacked them inside their dreams. And I'm sure if people suddenly start having shared dreams, someone's causing them to. But that, again, needs to be discussed further...

    Photographing each page of the journal with her phone, Shirley places it back on its place, then leaves the site. Walking home, she sends a message to Erin's phone, "If possible, please meet at the Court tonight. Need to discuss something."

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    BAD ROLLS
    When Kim returned to the little campsite she found it empty, the things scratched in the dirt smeared out. Not a trace that anyone had been there, either.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((This’ll be fun for you. If you want to go looking in the north side of park roll Wits+Compsure until you get a success. Each roll represents around 30 minutes of searching. You can spent willpower if you want. Also make a second Wits+Composure for something else.))



    Mia (teaming with Sola ), Blood on the dance floor:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Things seemed to settle down during the following days, no mayor incursions or eldritch creatures deciding to go for a snack at their school; yet the an unspoken tension still hung in the air after the shooting. No one was harmed, and their teqcher seemed to be more or less alright, so all was well.

    Mia kept herself busy in the days that followed; during the day keeping tabs on the ongoing activities at the school, more than a bit concerned by all the apperant supernatural activity in the area, and at night consulting with her court on how to defend what would now be their palace; passing the information to the others even as she helped cleaning it up. Even if it was still early, Mia could already tell that this was going to be quite a balancing act on her end. She just hoped she coul keep herself from having to follow the Noble axiom. For now she'd content herself helping her friends as she always had, atleast until Erin got back to them with her findings; though her latest problem seemed quite a doozy.

    After having done her own research on the matter, she now found herself making preperations for her own inquiry with her fellow a Noble's aid.

    "If you say so; if Annie got in I guess it shouldn't be that tricky," Mia replied trying her best to let Sola's words reassure her. "I'm just glad your letting me tag along, not sure what how I'd handle it by myself," she added with a smile as she shifted through another batch of clothes, before turning up to see Sola's latest acquisition; curving her lips in thought as she studied the garment, before smiling. "Oh yeah, I think I can work with this," she commented merrily before going to try it on.

    Certainly sneaking into the club was a bit daunting, especially if word got back to her father, but Sola certainly seemed to know how to handle the situation, and this was just for scouting purposes after all and for a friend. Just a little recon so she'd know how to talk to Annie about it, nothing big.

    Oh sure, she'd never been one for the party seen, but after talking to Sola about the whole affair Mia was far more comfortable about it. All she had to do was dress the part and play it right, right? Nothing too complicated, or so she hoped.

    ((OOC: Taking advantage of my Contacts in the student body to try and find out more about the club. Looking for anything noteworthy about it; including, but not limited to, what's so special about it that make's it so popular, and how long has it been a hot spot for students. Rolled 4 success))


    Mostly it’s the fact that it’s so easy to get in. They’re also a fairly popular establishment, the music isn’t bad, and the immediate area isn’t excessively seedy. It draws people form the other schools, and it seems to be full no matter the night from accounts. Also, it would be helpful to have a fake ID. Failing that, a good bribe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Let me know when you’re finished preparations and whatnot.))



    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well...No reason for that not to be true.
    Erin kept looking around - not just as a cover, but with genuine interest. She needed to learn more about the occult, after all, and with her recent studies, she was only starting to understand how to separate the real from the fake. She tried to find what items in the store would hold genuine interest to an occultist...while waiting to see if anything out of the ordinary caught her eye (and what the other customer eventually left the storage area with). And as she did, she allowed the Light to flow through her, sharpening her mind with Diamond-hard logic.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Intelligence+Occult plus Practical Magic to figure out what's genuinely interesting from an occult point of view in the shop, and what's just garbage. SEVEN successes.

    Most of the things Erin found weren’t too interesting. It was mostly just generic new-age or eastern junk that one could buy at a chain bookstore. There was a wider selection of Chinese material than you’d find there, though. She does, however, come across something a little more promising while she searches. It’s an older book, stuffed away, also in Chinese. However, several English notes are scribbled into the diagrams, symbols, and charts. She’ll recognize a few, and that it appears to be a book on alchemy and ceremonial magic.

    The woman that went into the back still hadn’t come out. The shopkeeper was keeping himself busy with a notebook and several receipts, looking up from time to time to check on his customer.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Shirley - Midnight Murders
    Spoiler
    Show


    OK... Shirley though, sorting her discoveries in her mind, That's definitely stuff the police would miss. Now, the question is, what do I do with it?

    The sparrow... could it be used as a spy for... someone? it definitely wasn't behaving like a normal bird... Shirley toyed with the idea of murderer turning into a bird to get inside the building, but, magic or not, mass conservation ruled that out... or did it? Shirley run her hands over the coat of her Regalia. For I've been braking the law of mass conservation pretty routinely last weeks. This getup certainly must weigh more than my street clothes... Hm... I wonder if Wat... eh... Erin knows more. She's the type to actually test it...

    Now... the leaf could, certainly, have a perfectly mundane explanation; someone could have bring it here for... whatever reasons... but still. Taken together with the weird-behaving bird, we seem to have a pattern here... Not enough evidence, certainly, but, strictly as a theory, what if someone uses flora and fauna as one's agents? What kind of power would that imply?

    Spoiler
    Show
    What to roll for whether Shirley's aware of existence of Changelings/Fae? If that even possible, of course.


    Now, the last one... Of course, to Police dreams are just that, dreams. I know better. I saw people almost dying because some weird thing attacked them inside their dreams. And I'm sure if people suddenly start having shared dreams, someone's causing them to. But that, again, needs to be discussed further...

    Photographing each page of the journal with her phone, Shirley places it back on its place, then leaves the site. Walking home, she sends a message to Erin's phone, "If possible, please meet at the Court tonight. Need to discuss something."


    The officer at the door bid a short farewell to Shirley, and then she moved out and on her way. She did notice, however, she'd found a new friend. The bird in the window is flitting overhead, alighting briefly on lampposts or windowsills above, following in her wake.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to say you wouldn't know about Changelings at all, or have any evidence that would really point you in that direction.
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-11-05 at 02:57 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    Most of the things Erin found weren’t too interesting. It was mostly just generic new-age or eastern junk that one could buy at a chain bookstore. There was a wider selection of Chinese material than you’d find there, though. She does, however, come across something a little more promising while she searches. It’s an older book, stuffed away, also in Chinese. However, several English notes are scribbled into the diagrams, symbols, and charts. She’ll recognize a few, and that it appears to be a book on alchemy and ceremonial magic.

    The woman that went into the back still hadn’t come out. The shopkeeper was keeping himself busy with a notebook and several receipts, looking up from time to time to check on his customer.
    Oooh. This one might be worth keeping. Pulling out her smartphone, she pulled out the translation app, trying to translate the names of the various chapters. I'll probably be taking this one. But it's suspicious how the other girl still hasn't come out...Let's keep stalling for time.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Dogs in the Park

    Dammit! She had let them get away. No time to loose - she had to find these people as quickly as possible. Without further ado, Kim started searching for them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Success for tracking them on the first roll.
    No success on the other roll.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Sola: Blood on the dancefloor:

    "So, now we're ready, shall we go? We have a lot of things to do this evening, so better go quick too."

    After some time, when she's finally ready to go, she takes the direction of the nightclub.

    "That'll be so much fun!"

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Shirley

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post

    The officer at the door bid a short farewell to Shirley, and then she moved out and on her way. She did notice, however, she'd found a new friend. The bird in the window is flitting overhead, alighting briefly on lampposts or windowsills above, following in her wake.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to say you wouldn't know about Changelings at all, or have any evidence that would really point you in that direction.
    I have company, it seems. Friend or foe? Haed to tell for sure. Which means, I shouldn't lead it home, nor to our hideout. Simply a precaution... Luckily, from what I have learned about my... abilities, we Nobles have a safety mechanism for just such a situation...
    Thinking that, Shirley, dives into the nearest mall - a bird would have trouble following her inside... not unnoticed, at least - and then, into a washroom. In steps a Seeker of Diamonds... moments later, out steps a simple schoolgirl, hurrying home after a fun evening.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooh. This one might be worth keeping. Pulling out her smartphone, she pulled out the translation app, trying to translate the names of the various chapters. I'll probably be taking this one. But it's suspicious how the other girl still hasn't come out...Let's keep stalling for time.
    The titles included things like 'Communication With the Ancestors' and 'Transformation of the Body', which seemed to go along with the various diagrams and notes inside.

    The old man continues to work at the counter, pausing to pick up the phone after a few rings. "Hello? Yes. Yes, I'll be able to soon. Thank you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((How long do you want to hang around? Erin is probably starting to get the feeling she's not going to be left to her own devices without supervision. Shirley also left you a message, if you want to look into that.))



    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show


    Dammit! She had let them get away. No time to loose - she had to find these people as quickly as possible. Without further ado, Kim started searching for them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Success for tracking them on the first roll.
    No success on the other roll.
    She had to skirt around a parking lot and move through another mess of trees until she comes to the north side of the park. The far end is covered in trees again, thick foliage that blocks eyesight. There are no tracks, so it's a painstaking process, but Kim finally hears something. It was a sharp snap, like wood being splintered. When she moved in that direction she begins to see figures in the trees through the distance, violently moving people, and the sounds of some sort of struggle along with the occasional crack of bark.

    Her attempt to move in for a closer look, though, was interrupted. Before she could focus on the action something came tearing out of the trees, a blur of red and black, claws and teeth. The wolf tore past, it's fangs sinking into the girl's leg as it moved, turning again to make another pass. It's teeth were locked in a snarl, bright yellow eyes leveled on the intruder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Take or soak 2L! Also roll your init. If you beat 12 you get to go first.))


    Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Sola: Blood on the dancefloor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So, now we're ready, shall we go? We have a lot of things to do this evening, so better go quick too."

    After some time, when she's finally ready to go, she takes the direction of the nightclub.

    "That'll be so much fun!"
    The club itself is located in Mid-City, the two girls could have either gotten a ride or taken the bus, the former probably easier. The building itself is of moderate size, lit up in purples and blues. There's a decent crowd around it, a line that stretches across the front of the purple and blue building. Lights can be seen flashing inside, and the thrum of music sends audible vibrations through the walls.

    Once they get to the front the bouncer, a fairly beefy gentleman, requests the cover charge and IDs to slide through the verification device he holds in his hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Let me know how you get here, by the way.))


    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Shirley
    Spoiler
    Show




    I have company, it seems. Friend or foe? Haed to tell for sure. Which means, I shouldn't lead it home, nor to our hideout. Simply a precaution... Luckily, from what I have learned about my... abilities, we Nobles have a safety mechanism for just such a situation...
    Thinking that, Shirley, dives into the nearest mall - a bird would have trouble following her inside... not unnoticed, at least - and then, into a washroom. In steps a Seeker of Diamonds... moments later, out steps a simple schoolgirl, hurrying home after a fun evening.


    Shirley gets some pretty odd looks when she moves through the mall, to say the least. Nonetheless, once she steps outside there's no trace of the bird. She seems to have lost her persuer, for the moment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((At this point you can go home, go join someone else, or do something else. Since this seems to be relating to dreams Shirley could just go home and go to sleep and see if she can't do anything else. Or at least talk with her mentor. It's up to you!))

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Erin

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    The titles included things like 'Communication With the Ancestors' and 'Transformation of the Body', which seemed to go along with the various diagrams and notes inside.

    The old man continues to work at the counter, pausing to pick up the phone after a few rings. "Hello? Yes. Yes, I'll be able to soon. Thank you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((How long do you want to hang around? Erin is probably starting to get the feeling she's not going to be left to her own devices without supervision. Shirley also left you a message, if you want to look into that.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Well, since Erin is using her phone right now, she's bound to get Shirley's message. ;)
    Erin's general plan is to stick around until the other customer comes out, or hasn't come out for long enough that Erin can show legitimate wonder about it.))


    Erin noticed Shirley's message, and sent back a reply: "Should be there. Later!"
    That taken care of, she returned to her examination of the book, while stealing glances at the back door.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bretagne, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    There was a flash of pain in her leg, but it was only a rash; the blood that flowed with the fangs of the wolf dissolved into water, revealing that it had not harmed her. She had acted more out of instinct than anything, and the sudden expense of magical power left her breathless - just slightly, but enough for the beast to get the upper hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative of 11, spent 2 Wisps to soak the damage.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-11-06 at 01:42 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Well, since Erin is using her phone right now, she's bound to get Shirley's message. ;)
    Erin's general plan is to stick around until the other customer comes out, or hasn't come out for long enough that Erin can show legitimate wonder about it.))


    Erin noticed Shirley's message, and sent back a reply: "Should be there. Later!"
    That taken care of, she returned to her examination of the book, while stealing glances at the back door.
    Nothing changed for a good thirty minutes. Eventually another two people entered the shop, one a middle-aged woman and another a younger man. They spent a moment to greet the shopkeeper, then moved through the back door.

    In the meantime Erin's managed to get a few good pictures of the book for reference. She eventually drew the attention of the shopkeeper again, who moved over to examine her progress. "Are you finding everything alright?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Would you like to wait more? You can try and wait until they come out.))


    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was a flash of pain in her leg, but it was only a rash; the blood that flowed with the fangs of the wolf dissolved into water, revealing that it had not harmed her. She had acted more out of instinct than anything, and the sudden expense of magical power left her breathless - just slightly, but enough for the beast to get the upper hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative of 11, spent 2 Wisps to soak the damage.
    The next time the creatures lunges Kim is ready, and it went wide as it leaps in attempt to bury fangs into her again. It still seemed intent on its task, rounding again on the girl.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((It has a defense of 3, armor 0. You'll get a -1 on ranged attacks for firing at close range if you do. Your turn!))

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sun_tzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    Nothing changed for a good thirty minutes. Eventually another two people entered the shop, one a middle-aged woman and another a younger man. They spent a moment to greet the shopkeeper, then moved through the back door.

    In the meantime Erin's managed to get a few good pictures of the book for reference. She eventually drew the attention of the shopkeeper again, who moved over to examine her progress. "Are you finding everything alright?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Would you like to wait more? You can try and wait until they come out.))
    "Quite all right, yes," she said, raising the book. "You've got some pretty interesting material here. I'll probably be taking this one, too. Kinda wish I knew how to read Chinese, though...Electronic translation isn't the fastest thing in the world."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

    Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    "Quite all right, yes," she said, raising the book. "You've got some pretty interesting material here. I'll probably be taking this one, too. Kinda wish I knew how to read Chinese, though...Electronic translation isn't the fastest thing in the world."
    The man peers at the book for a moment, and Erin can catch the flicker of surprise on his face. He schools it after a moment though, noting, "Ah, yes, quite interesting. That is from a very old collection, I'd forgotten we had it. Are you ready to go now?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((You passed your empathy roll, so you know he's a bit surprised to see that book. He probably didn't mean for it to by lying around.))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-11-06 at 07:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •