New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Inedible View Post
    The man peers at the book for a moment, and Erin can catch the flicker of surprise on his face. He schools it after a moment though, noting, "Ah, yes, quite interesting. That is from a very old collection, I'd forgotten we had it. Are you ready to go now?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ((You passed your empathy roll, so you know he's a bit surprised to see that book. He probably didn't mean for it to by lying around.))
    "I'm getting there. Still browsing." She paused. "Say, what about the people in the back? That girl got there half an hour ago, and hasn't come back yet."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Shirley

Shirley heads home; there's much to think about, but it is something she can do at home at least as well, if not better. Besides, she has an appointment in her dream tonight... however weird it would sound to her a month ago.
    The evening passes, quite ordinarily; luckily, Shirley never needed too much time for her homework, and even after getting home quite late, still has time enough to... well, just be a normal teen girl to her family. And even get to bed early after that... earlier than she's used to, at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14183762&postcount=141

Regaining a wisp I spent on the investigation charm... Technically, 2 successes, but I can't get more than 1 Wisp from Circle, and I don't even need more anyway)
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

3. - Top - End - #213

Zombie

She was ready this time around. Kim artfully dodged the wolf's attack, and spun her staff in an elegant motion, blue energy gathering at its tip. The beast was scaring her, and she put a disproportionate amount of effort into her attack, wanting for it to go away.
    "BAD PUPPY!" she cried out, and blue ribbons burst forth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 Wisp for Acqua, 1 Willpower, and I've spent 1 Wisp reflexively for the change in Armor.
    I rerolled the attack accounting for the defense, and wooooow boy. 7 bashing damage + 2 from "Boiling", for a total of 9.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-11-07 at 12:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sola:

First test. IDs checker? Odd for someone supposed to not be pretty attentive about age...

"I'm here to replace a missing musician, here's my ID, if you want it. I'm late, though, be quick."

Showing her ID, she shows a little smile toward the gatekeeper.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 successes on manipulation + persuasion + striking looks
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm getting there. Still browsing." She paused. "Say, what about the people in the back? That girl got there half an hour ago, and hasn't come back yet."
    "Ah, they're taking inventory. Let me know when you're finished." He moves away, taking another look at the book before returning to the desk.

After another thirty minutes the three people begin to leave. The two that came in a few minutes ago, and several minutes after that the woman with a book tucked under her arm. They spend a moment to talk to the shopkeeper, then head out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Shirley
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shirley heads home; there's much to think about, but it is something she can do at home at least as well, if not better. Besides, she has an appointment in her dream tonight... however weird it would sound to her a month ago.
    The evening passes, quite ordinarily; luckily, Shirley never needed too much time for her homework, and even after getting home quite late, still has time enough to... well, just be a normal teen girl to her family. And even get to bed early after that... earlier than she's used to, at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14183762&postcount=141

Regaining a wisp I spent on the investigation charm... Technically, 2 successes, but I can't get more than 1 Wisp from Circle, and I don't even need more anyway)
    Home wasn't any different than before, and a pleasant night want spent before it was time for bed.

When Shirley dreamed she found herself in a maze, a revolving patchwork of buildings. Some are old a dilapidated wood structures, others are well-tiled ivory halls or sleek steel structures. The occasional window to the outside world reveals a dull gray landscape, rolling hills of dark sand that stretch as far as the eye can see.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Are you planning to go out to the Dreamlands? You can find and door and enter if so, just say where you want to go.))

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Sola:
    Spoiler
    Show

First test. IDs checker? Odd for someone supposed to not be pretty attentive about age...

"I'm here to replace a missing musician, here's my ID, if you want it. I'm late, though, be quick."

Showing her ID, she shows a little smile toward the gatekeeper.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 successes on manipulation + persuasion + striking looks
    The bouncer gave Sola a rather dubious look, but her ID is given a cursory inspection and she's waved along in. Mia comes next, and the man offers his hand out for the same thing from her.

6. - Top - End - #216

Erin

Huh. OK, I've probably extended my stay here as much as possible.
    Walking toward the counter, Erin handed in both the Taoist book and the genuinely mystical tome. "I'd like to buy both of these, please."

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

7. - Top - End - #217

Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    [spoiler]She was ready this time around. Kim artfully dodged the wolf's attack, and spun her staff in an elegant motion, blue energy gathering at its tip. The beast was scaring her, and she put a disproportionate amount of effort into her attack, wanting for it to go away.
    "BAD PUPPY!" she cried out, and blue ribbons burst forth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 Wisp for Acqua, 1 Willpower, and I've spent 1 Wisp reflexively for the change in Armor.
    I rerolled the attack accounting for the defense, and wooooow boy. 7 bashing damage + 2 from "Boiling", for a total of 9.
    [spoiler]
    The wolf hit one of the nearby trees with a hard thud, something that sounded decidedly unpleasant to the ear. It rolled, moving to it’s feet again, shaking itself off before coming forward again. Then it changes. The feet became bigger, the jaws larger, the whole body swelling to nearly twice the size. More feral, more angry, blurring forward with more ferocity than it had before.

It lunged again, one huge claw tearing a chunk of a tree that Kim was standing next to.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I am bad at rolling. And I forgot who I was dealing with. :P))

Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh. OK, I've probably extended my stay here as much as possible.
    Walking toward the counter, Erin handed in both the Taoist book and the genuinely mystical tome. "I'd like to buy both of these, please."
    "You've made a very good choice," The man assures. It's not too pricy either, and once the transaction is made he bags and hands the things over. "Please, come back if you have interest in learning more."

8. - Top - End - #218

Zombie

Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I am bad at rolling. And I forgot who I was dealing with. :P))
    I guess I should be flattered :'D

Okay, that was definitely not natural. All hopes to solve this situation the nice and easy way were pretty much out of the window at this point. She had no idea what kind of creature was this - okay that was a lie. Being 16 and American, she knew exactly what she was dealing with: a goddamn werewolf.
    Of course she had no idea that such things existed, but having fought zombies a few weeks before, she could suspend her disbelief for another Hammer Horror freakshow.
    "I don't want to fight you!" she cried. Why won't you just stay DOWN!"

More power. More energy. She was expanding all of her ressources very fast, but she had to destroy that monster before it could lend a claw on her, or things would get very very bad.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Wisp is send to use Acqua, short burst etc.
    5 successes, no damage from trees.Please go down please go down please go down...

9. - Top - End - #219

Erin

"You've made a very good choice," The man assures. It's not too pricy either, and once the transaction is made he bags and hands the things over. "Please, come back if you have interest in learning more."
    "I believe I will," said Erin, smiling at him as she headed out.
    All right. I'll resume this investigation tomorrow I guess. Today, I have to meet with Shirley.

10. - Top - End - #220

Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I should be flattered :'D

Okay, that was definitely not natural. All hopes to solve this situation the nice and easy way were pretty much out of the window at this point. She had no idea what kind of creature was this - okay that was a lie. Being 16 and American, she knew exactly what she was dealing with: a goddamn werewolf.
    Of course she had no idea that such things existed, but having fought zombies a few weeks before, she could suspend her disbelief for another Hammer Horror freakshow.
    "I don't want to fight you!" she cried. Why won't you just stay DOWN!"

More power. More energy. She was expanding all of her ressources very fast, but she had to destroy that monster before it could lend a claw on her, or things would get very very bad.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Wisp is send to use Acqua, short burst etc.
    5 successes, no damage from trees.Please go down please go down please go down...
    The blast of power ripped into the creature, one of it's huge front legs buckling as the force of the impact drove it back. For an instant it wobbled, as if she might have broken it. Then, within barely the span of a second she could see the muscle rippling underneath fur, the leg straightening again as it sprung forward. The full weight of the thing came down on her, driving her to the ground, teeth flashing over her head.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((You're grappled! This is probably unpleasent for you. You two options: You can roll Strength+Brawl at a -5 penalty to break the grapple, or you can remain in the grapple and roll Strength+Brawl+Weapon modifier at -5 to attack. Grapples are rough.

I will rule that if you can with the Levinbolt and apply Acqua you can break the grapple.))

Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

"I believe I will," said Erin, smiling at him as she headed out.
    All right. I'll resume this investigation tomorrow I guess. Today, I have to meet with Shirley.
    The shopkeeper nodded dutifully, allowing his guest to leave. Once she's out on the street she found no trace of the three people, all of them probably having made their exit in the meantime.

The ride home was uneventful, a mostly empty bus that drops her near her house.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((You and Shirley can probably meet up now, if you want to help her with her stuff. I think she might be going to court.))

11. - Top - End - #221

Erin

Spoiler
    Show
    ((You and Shirley can probably meet up now, if you want to help her with her stuff. I think she might be going to court.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then that's where Erin's headed.

12. - Top - End - #222

Zombie

Dogs in the Park

No! It was on her! The damned thing was on her and she couldn't get out and it had teeth and claws and it regenerated and
    She couldn't think. She screamed in fear rather than pain, and started pounding desperately at the thing with her staff, before shouting "LET GO!" and pouring all the magic she could into her staff, hitting the flank of the monster even as she released the energy in an explosive manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am spending two Wisps: one to fuel Acqua, one to increase Strength by one die (Practical Magic) I am also using a short burst, which uses 3 charges out 4 remaining leaving me with 1 charge, and one Willpower to top it off.
    2 bashing damage because ah ah ah oh my god how does this even happen
    Grapple are basically Kim's worst weakness. I should work on that.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-11-09 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Shirley - Dreamlands

Frankly, despite it being not her first time here, Dreamlands still frreaked Shirley a bit. What kind of direction is "widdershins", anyway? And the worst thing is that it really works, as long as you don't think about it too much...
    But, of course, Queens' Courts weren't that hard to find. Shirley knew this realm was ruled by five Queens, met two of them in person (second being Hearts, courtesy of respect Holmes held for the woman - and it wasn't hard to see why. Queen Regnant definitely had more than a passing similarity ti Victoria... or, rather, the idealised version of the latter), but was only formally introduced to one, and it is her Academy she was heading to.

Once there, she took a look around, trying to locate her colleague. "Ah, thanks for coming. Let's find a place to talk, shall we?"

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #224

Erin

Shirley - Dreamlands

Once there, she took a look around, trying to locate her colleague. "Ah, thanks for coming. Let's find a place to talk, shall we?"
    Erin nodded. "By all means. You've certainly piqued my curiosity..."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Erin

Erin nodded. "By all means. You've certainly piqued my curiosity..."
    "Well, don't expect too much", Shirley smiles a bit shyly, "It's mostly that I needed someone to talk too, someone who would understand me... though", she adds, "I heard you're investigating that Cult, right? Well, again, don't expect too much, but I possibly would have something on it... tomorrow, I hope." And I could have it today, if I only put a bit more effort... it's not like I didn't have time enough to look into that book... "But, meanwhile, I myself was looking into the murders in the Allegro Towers - you read about them, right? - and, well, there's something weird with them..."
    she takes a pause. "I did some reading on the occult stuff lately. So did you, I'm sure, so you must know just how contradictory and unreliable those books are. But still... have you ever encountered any mentions of people turning into birds? Or, the other way, I suppose?"

Extended signature

16. - Top - End - #226

Erin

"Well, don't expect too much", Shirley smiles a bit shyly, "It's mostly that I needed someone to talk too, someone who would understand me... though", she adds, "I heard you're investigating that Cult, right? Well, again, don't expect too much, but I possibly would have something on it... tomorrow, I hope." And I could have it today, if I only put a bit more effort... it's not like I didn't have time enough to look into that book... "But, meanwhile, I myself was looking into the murders in the Allegro Towers - you read about them, right? - and, well, there's something weird with them..."
    she takes a pause. "I did some reading on the occult stuff lately. So did you, I'm sure, so you must know just how contradictory and unreliable those books are. But still... have you ever encountered any mentions of people turning into birds? Or, the other way, I suppose?"
    "I've been investigating that Chinese occult shop Gerald mentioned. Not sure if there's really something fishy there yet, but they've got informative literature at least.
    People turning into birds? Hm..."

17. - Top - End - #227

Storyteller

Dogs in the Park
    Spoiler
    Show

No! It was on her! The damned thing was on her and she couldn't get out and it had teeth and claws and it regenerated and
    She couldn't think. She screamed in fear rather than pain, and started pounding desperately at the thing with her staff, before shouting "LET GO!" and pouring all the magic she could into her staff, hitting the flank of the monster even as she released the energy in an explosive manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am spending two Wisps: one to fuel Acqua, one to increase Strength by one die (Practical Magic) I am also using a short burst, which uses 3 charges out 4 remaining leaving me with 1 charge, and one Willpower to top it off.
    2 bashing damage because ah ah ah oh my god how does this even happen
    Grapple are basically Kim's worst weakness. I should work on that.
    The wolf was blown backwards, its claws torn from the ground, body striking against another nearby tree with a hard crash. Again, it rights itself. She could see the flecks of blood left in the bark, and that it was injured, but, once again, the most severe of its injuries seemed to be only minor inconveniences. It came again, one huge claw raking in a sharp arc across her body.

Then there were other sounds now, things that could be heard about the growl of the wolf and the beat of her own heart. Howls from somewhere nearby and vicious noises that didn’t sound fully human rip through the trees in answer to her screams.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((2L! Unless you soak it.))

Erin
    Spoiler
    Show

"I've been investigating that Chinese occult shop Gerald mentioned. Not sure if there's really something fishy there yet, but they've got informative literature at least.
    People turning into birds? Hm..."

The Academy is a sprawling area, buildings filled with books, symmetrical gardens connecting them. The Queen is not at the throne at the moment, though her staff is about. The librarians move through the halls, constantly arranging or moving books back and forth. Their long, spindly fingers constantly in action.

Both the Radiant seem to have been assigned a sort of keeper for the time being, a stick-thin, bespectacled man in a neat suit that stands a fair distance away, waiting patiently should the Radiant need anything.

Erin can think of several things, but none of them much more likely than any other. Animal spirits from native American legends were both people and birds. Various old gods had birds as familiars. There are stories about shape shifters who can become birds, or psychics who can communicate with animals. Similarly, some psychics could conceivably alter dreams.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Basically, you have too little data to go at the moment to narrow down any sort identification.))

18. - Top - End - #228

Erin

She shrugged. "Shapeshifters are not unheard of. Neither are psychics able to control animals, for that matter. Can you be a bit more specific?"
    She paused, then chuckled. "OK, the fact that I'm talking about shapeshifters and psychics and narrowing it down is still kinda funny to me."

19. - Top - End - #229

Zombie

(I take it)

The claw tore into her armor, shredding its blue lace, and Kim flew back a yard, rolling on the floor. She could feel the warmth of blood pouring from her slashed belly. Pain. Her first wound.
    The first wound is the last, she heard a distant memory whisper. When your blood spills, you begin the spiral of death. Every move becomes more painful, every step harder. Your vision darkens, and soon you meet your end.
    Except obviously it wasn't true, because that thing was bleeding and still it stood and fought like a rabbid animal. And its friends... Its friends were coming.
    Was this how she died? Not in an epic fight to protect those she loved from an otherworldly abomination, but alone in some park, against a faceless monster, not even knowing why they thought?
    Well. She was sworn to protect the homeless of this city, and in its own way, this wolf was an abomination.
    "This is not..." She gasped. "..how I thought it would end."
    Could she outrun it? Doubtful. She knew enough to know that wolves were among the deadliest, most relentless hunters in the animal kingdom, and this was no mundane animal. Perhaps it would let her go - she would have been more open to that possibility if it hadn't struck her by surprise and kept coming at her before she had time to show any kind of hostility.
    I am a champion. She smiled a bitter smile. At least I die fighting.

The Device let out a burst of hissing steam and moved like a piston, and Kim grasped it more tightly; it flared with golden light as she poured yet more of her power into it.
    She stood up on feeble legs, her dress stained with blood, her grasp on the staff shaky, but final determination in her eyes. Power gathered at the tip of staff, more blue energy.
    "I wish I had thought of any last words. Oh, hell."
    She screamed her lungs out, and tendrils of watery forced slashed through the air, drilling into her opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 Wisp to reload the device, 1 Wisp to use Acqua, 1 WP to increase the roll. As before, attack is a short burst.
    3 Bashing + 2 from Acqua bashing.
    Kim has now 1 Wisp and 1 Willlpower left.

20. - Top - End - #230

Storyteller

Spoiler
    Show
    (I take it)

The claw tore into her armor, shredding its blue lace, and Kim flew back a yard, rolling on the floor. She could feel the warmth of blood pouring from her slashed belly. Pain. Her first wound.
    The first wound is the last, she heard a distant memory whisper. When your blood spills, you begin the spiral of death. Every move becomes more painful, every step harder. Your vision darkens, and soon you meet your end.
    Except obviously it wasn't true, because that thing was bleeding and still it stood and fought like a rabbid animal. And its friends... Its friends were coming.
    Was this how she died? Not in an epic fight to protect those she loved from an otherworldly abomination, but alone in some park, against a faceless monster, not even knowing why they thought?
    Well. She was sworn to protect the homeless of this city, and in its own way, this wolf was an abomination.
    "This is not..." She gasped. "..how I thought it would end."
    Could she outrun it? Doubtful. She knew enough to know that wolves were among the deadliest, most relentless hunters in the animal kingdom, and this was no mundane animal. Perhaps it would let her go - she would have been more open to that possibility if it hadn't struck her by surprise and kept coming at her before she had time to show any kind of hostility.
    I am a champion. She smiled a bitter smile. At least I die fighting.

The Device let out a burst of hissing steam and moved like a piston, and Kim grasped it more tightly; it flared with golden light as she poured yet more of her power into it.
    She stood up on feeble legs, her dress stained with blood, her grasp on the staff shaky, but final determination in her eyes. Power gathered at the tip of staff, more blue energy.
    "I wish I had thought of any last words. Oh, hell."
    She screamed her lungs out, and tendrils of watery forced slashed through the air, drilling into her opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 Wisp to reload the device, 1 Wisp to use Acqua, 1 WP to increase the roll. As before, attack is a short burst.
    3 Bashing + 2 from Acqua bashing.
    Kim has now 1 Wisp and 1 Willlpower left.
    It got up again. That time, though, it was different. A sickening crack came from the impact, a visible dent in the chest of the creature. It didn’t heal. Instead, it was changing again. It grew, adding even more weight, beginning to rise to two feet, taking on a more human shape. A roar of pain ripped from its throat, and then it lunged. Not toward her, though. This time away, huge claws tearing through the trunks of trees in its way as it took flight.

The baying of wolves grew louder then, more flashes of movement passing between the trees. She could see a smaller wolf blur through the trees, it’s teeth snapping at the retreating beast as it sprinted through the trees.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Congrats on putting a Werewolf in its last three health boxes!))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-11-11 at 03:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Congrats on putting a Werewolf in its last three health boxes!))
    ah ah ah ah ah holy hell i'm aliiiive

Holy crap. She'd made it.
    The realization that the fight was over struck her like another blow. She suddenly felt dizzy, coming down from an adrenaline rush, pain radiating from her wound and empty of all energy. She looked in the direction of the noise, but had no way of seeing what was happening. She could make a guess, though: werewolves fighting. She had no idea why, and to barge in right now would be suicidal.
    Kim ran awkwardly away from the fight, refraining the reflex to clutch a hand on her wound, instead pulling out her cell phone. She needed back-up.
    Who among the Princesses knew how to fight? She did not recall clearly. In any case, it was not really a matter of fighting - it was about getting out of the park alive without bleeding out on the way, and without more werewolf attacks. And getting help with her wounds before coming back home, lest her parents send her to the hospital then ground her for all of eternity.

She entered a number.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kim is going to call Erin, then Mia, then Shirley, then Sola, hoping someone picks up the phone. Nothing against Sola, but she is... Fragile.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-11-11 at 03:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

Storyteller

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    ah ah ah ah ah holy hell i'm aliiiive

Holy crap. She'd made it.
    The realization that the fight was over struck her like another blow. She suddenly felt dizzy, coming down from an adrenaline rush, pain radiating from her wound and empty of all energy. She looked in the direction of the noise, but had no way of seeing what was happening. She could make a guess, though: werewolves fighting. She had no idea why, and to barge in right now would be suicidal.
    Kim ran awkwardly away from the fight, refraining the reflex to clutch a hand on her wound, instead pulling out her cell phone. She needed back-up.
    Who among the Princesses knew how to fight? She did not recall clearly. In any case, it was not really a matter of fighting - it was about getting out of the park alive without bleeding out on the way, and without more werewolf attacks. And getting help with her wounds before coming back home, lest her parents send her to the hospital then ground her for all of eternity.

She entered a number.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kim is going to call Erin, then Mia, then Shirley, then Sola, hoping someone picks up the phone. Nothing against Sola, but she is... Fragile.
    She wasn't alone for too long. She wandered far enough to get to a place where the trees break, an empty parking lot with several dark restaurants clustered together. All the lights were out, no sign of life, only a few dim lamps on the buildings and in the parking lot.

On one of her glimpses behind as she tried the phone it became apparently she wasn't alone. A figure was moving through the line of trees behind, visible barely in the light. This one was human. At least, it's shadow could pass for one.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((If you want to book it that's going to be a Stamina+Athletics. Dexterty+Stealth to try and find a place to duck into and hide. Or something else!))

23. - Top - End - #233

Zombie

She wanted to give that man the benefit of the doubt. She really wanted. Perhaps he was not out for her blood. In any other circumstance, she would have waited for him; an empty parking lot was the perfect fighting ground for her, allowing her to use her Device to control the range and distance of the engagement.
    But right now, it wouldn't take a werewolf. A man with a gun could be enough to take her down. This person might be friendly, or they might be an ally of the monster she'd just fought. She wasn't taking any chance.
    Clutching her wound, she took off running.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stamina + Athletics: 2 Successes.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Shirley

Erin

She shrugged. "Shapeshifters are not unheard of. Neither are psychics able to control animals, for that matter. Can you be a bit more specific?"
    She paused, then chuckled. "OK, the fact that I'm talking about shapeshifters and psychics and narrowing it down is still kinda funny to me."
    "Well, I'm afraid, I don't have that much myself, for now... today, while I was digging through the crime site, some bird was definitely watching me; and it even tried to follow me home. I lost it - our inherent disguises are handy like that - but still... Of course, it could simply act as someone's eyes, but, considering no one has any idea how the murderer gets inside, I decided to check the shapeshifter option first...Occam's Razor and everything. Can be totally unrelated, of course... there was also that dream journal... apparently, victims - and their neighbors - have had some weird shared dreams before... someone got them. But don't think too much about it", Shirley smiles, "That's my job, and you have your hands full already anyway, as far as I can tell."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still waiting on a ruling whether Erin can hear her phone's ringing

Extended signature

25. - Top - End - #235

Erin

"Hey, we gotta help each other," she smiled. "If there's anything I can do, don't be afraid to ask.
    Me, I've spent hours at the occult shop...It's got some interesting material, hidden among all the typical claptrap. And...some people would go in the back and stay there for hours. I thought it was fishy, but the owner claims they're helping with inventory, which could be the truth I guess."

26. - Top - End - #236

Storyteller

Erin could hear her phone somewhere in the back of her mind. Waking up to get it, though, would require a conscious effort. Shirley seemed to be dreaming to deeply to notice the same.

Mia and Sola will both receive the message later in the night, as Kim's events haven't happened yet according to how early they are in the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have an update for Kim later in the day. For now, the people above get the call.

27. - Top - End - #237

Erin

She blinked. "Huh. I think I'm getting a phone call." She looked sheepishly at Shirley: "Ah, can we talk more later?"

28. - Top - End - #238

Spoiler
    Show
    She wanted to give that man the benefit of the doubt. She really wanted. Perhaps he was not out for her blood. In any other circumstance, she would have waited for him; an empty parking lot was the perfect fighting ground for her, allowing her to use her Device to control the range and distance of the engagement.
    But right now, it wouldn't take a werewolf. A man with a gun could be enough to take her down. This person might be friendly, or they might be an ally of the monster she'd just fought. She wasn't taking any chance.
    Clutching her wound, she took off running.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stamina + Athletics: 2 Successes.
    A few minutes more and she was beyond the parking lot, into the trees, and into another street that wound through the park. When she looked back she saw nothing after her, no sign of pursuit or life. Just the few lights on the road, and more vegetation.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Entertain yourselves!))
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-11-13 at 02:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Shirley

"Sure, call anytime. And I hope I'll have some more info the next time we meet, so that we have something to talk about. Though even if not, a friendly chatter is always an option, right?"

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #240

Erin

Shirley

"Sure, call anytime. And I hope I'll have some more info the next time we meet, so that we have something to talk about. Though even if not, a friendly chatter is always an option, right?"
    "Of course," Erin smiled. "You have my number!" she added quickly as she faded and returned to the waking world.
    And to the sound of her cell phone. "Hello?"